What would be the results in each state, based off this map?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:15:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  What would be the results in each state, based off this map?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What would be the results in each state, based off this map?  (Read 1610 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 28, 2017, 01:58:30 AM »
« edited: July 28, 2017, 03:43:36 PM by Calthrina950 »

Just as the title implies. I've created another county map of a hypothetical election, in which the Democrats score a major victory. However, I'm having trouble figuring out if certain states in that scenario (i.e. Alabama, South Carolina, Oklahoma, etc.) would go Democratic or remain Republican. The map itself is highly implausible; presume that it is an alternate or future history timeline. Which states would be Democratic? Which ones would be close?

Red represents the Democrats; blue the Republican counties:

Also can be found here: http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/File:2064_Election_Map.png
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 10:10:11 AM »

From what i can tell from that Blurry Map. Republicans win Oklahoma, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Idaho, and Probably Wyoming Definitively. Alabama, Utah, Louisiana, Maybe Georgia and Mississippi could also of been won by the Republicans. Rest would go Democrat. This would probably take a 65% Plus Democratic Landslide to happen considered how many 80-90%+ flip to the democrats.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 12:20:32 PM »

From what i can tell from that Blurry Map. Republicans win Oklahoma, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Idaho, and Probably Wyoming Definitively. Alabama, Utah, Louisiana, Maybe Georgia and Mississippi could also of been won by the Republicans. Rest would go Democrat. This would probably take a 65% Plus Democratic Landslide to happen considered how many 80-90%+ flip to the democrats.

There is a link to the direct page as well, where a clearer link could be found. I agree about the first row of states, but I'm still not sure about Utah or the ones in the Deep South.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 03:03:07 PM »

There is a link to the direct page as well, where a clearer link could be found. I agree about the first row of states, but I'm still not sure about Utah or the ones in the Deep South.

Thanks. That map is much better.

Utah - This state depends on the type of Margins Dems are getting in Salt Lake County and Utah County's. These are the first and second most populous county's in the state. Salt Lake County is already a swing county and for a Democrat to have chance they need upwards of 60% there. Utah county is a heavily republican country with it going to Romney 88% in 2012. I doubt a democrat in the near future can win here but if they do it will probably be in the extreme landslide you depict here. 50-60% here is a healthy margin. And of course the margins in those surrounding democratic county's matter too as they have a large population. The thing is even if a democrat wins all of that South Utah and central Utah could still outvote those county's so the margins there are crucial too.
BTW I see the Map you posted is the 2016 one except all the county's in Utah trump got in the 50s% range or less are given to the Democrats.

Alabama - There is a Chance here as Republicans still look like they have won most of Northern Alabama and Shelby County. The Black belt county's throughout the south are of relatively low populations and even though they may look like (if a democrat wins all of them) a large part of the map; Democrats still require more. Montgomery County and the coastal Alabaman county's are crucial here.

Louisiana - This looks near identical to the 1988 map in where Dukakis won Cajun County's and a large part of the southern area but Bush ran it up in the North and the New Orleans suburban county's surrounding New Orleans itself. He won by 10.2% and if this is any similar i think Republicans would win her by 2-5%. Also im surprised a Republican could win that many Black majority county's up north and still lose nationwide by a extreme landslide.
EDIT: Oh wait i noticed that's a exact replica of 1964

Georgia - That looks like either a better Obama in 2008/12 or a Better Clinton in 2016. You seem to have added all 50s% Republican county's in 2008 and 2012 to the Democrat and added all Suburban Atlanta county's minus Gwinnett County, the Second most populous county in Georgia. If you added Gwinnett to the Democrats i would say that is a very narrow Democratic victory but since the republicans won it I don't know. Also the republicans held on to North Georgia which contains over a million people so that is a minus for Democrats winning her. After closer look i know say that Georgia is narrowly head on by Republicans

Mississippi - The state is like Alabama in which on a county level it is always surprising how say a Republican wins by 15% when if you look on a map half the county's there are democratic ones. This is again due to the fact that the Black Majority county's along the Mississippi river are of low population while more inland county's contain more which results in a Republican Victory. The key here is how Madison, Rankin, Harrision, and Jackson have voted and also DeSoto. These are the next most populous county's in the state after Hinds, home to the Capital. Out of all of those, only one (Madison) voted for the democrat. However if the margins are very low there for Republicans then the Democrats could of won there. Though also there is some population in South Mississippi and the Extreme north which could tip the balance in favor of Republicans.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 03:30:30 PM »

I think this is the most likely outcome, but it obviously depends on the margins of victory in these counties. Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and maybe Idaho would be very close.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 03:36:18 PM »

I think this is the most likely outcome, but it obviously depends on the margins of victory in these counties. Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and maybe Idaho would be very close.

This also looks good minus South Dakota
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 03:51:20 PM »

I made some modifications to the map, giving Tennessee and Kentucky (narrowly) to the Democrats. West Virginia, Alabama, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Idaho, Wyoming, and Nebraska's 3rd congressional district go to the Republicans, while Utah and Mississippi are narrow Democratic victories.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 04:04:20 PM »

Utah - This state depends on the type of Margins Dems are getting in Salt Lake County and Utah County's. These are the first and second most populous county's in the state. Salt Lake County is already a swing county and for a Democrat to have chance they need upwards of 60% there. Utah county is a heavily republican country with it going to Romney 88% in 2012. I doubt a democrat in the near future can win here but if they do it will probably be in the extreme landslide you depict here. 50-60% here is a healthy margin. And of course the margins in those surrounding democratic county's matter too as they have a large population. The thing is even if a democrat wins all of that South Utah and central Utah could still outvote those county's so the margins there are crucial too.
BTW I see the Map you posted is the 2016 one except all the county's in Utah trump got in the 50s% range or less are given to the Democrats.

Alabama - There is a Chance here as Republicans still look like they have won most of Northern Alabama and Shelby County. The Black belt county's throughout the south are of relatively low populations and even though they may look like (if a democrat wins all of them) a large part of the map; Democrats still require more. Montgomery County and the coastal Alabaman county's are crucial here.

Louisiana - This looks near identical to the 1988 map in where Dukakis won Cajun County's and a large part of the southern area but Bush ran it up in the North and the New Orleans suburban county's surrounding New Orleans itself. He won by 10.2% and if this is any similar i think Republicans would win her by 2-5%. Also im surprised a Republican could win that many Black majority county's up north and still lose nationwide by a extreme landslide.

Georgia - That looks like either a better Obama in 2008/12 or a Better Clinton in 2016. You seem to have added all 50s% Republican county's in 2008 and 2012 to the Democrat and added all Suburban Atlanta county's minus Gwinnett County, the Second most populous county in Georgia. If you added Gwinnett to the Democrats i would say that is a very narrow Democratic victory but since the republicans won it I don't know. Also the republicans held on to North Georgia which contains over a million people so that is a minus for Democrats winning her. After closer look i know say that Georgia is narrowly head on by Republicans

Mississippi - The state is like Alabama in which on a county level it is always surprising how say a Republican wins by 15% when if you look on a map half the county's there are democratic ones. This is again due to the fact that the Black Majority county's along the Mississippi river are of low population while more inland county's contain more which results in a Republican Victory. The key here is how Madison, Rankin, Harrision, and Jackson have voted and also DeSoto. These are the next most populous county's in the state after Hinds, home to the Capital. Out of all of those, only one (Madison) voted for the democrat. However if the margins are very low there for Republicans then the Democrats could of won there. Though also there is some population in South Mississippi and the Extreme north which could tip the balance in favor of Republicans.

I see. From your opinion, which state would be the closest? Which states would be won by either side, by less than ten percent? And which ones would be between ten and twenty percentage points?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 04:12:27 PM »

Also, I will change Gwinnett County, GA, so that the state definitively goes Democratic.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 06:10:03 PM »

I see. From your opinion, which state would be the closest? Which states would be won by either side, by less than ten percent? And which ones would be between ten and twenty percentage points?

Closest - Hard to say without a look at the margins of each county. If i had to guess i would say Tennessee due to the fact that Democrats are able to win the state due to wins in the Urban areas and the Central areas while Republicans are able to make it close due to wins in Nashville's suburban populous county's. and also Appalachia.  Though Mississippi or Utah wouldn't Surprise me

States won - In my opinions Democrats win all states minus Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska 3rd district, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Alabama, Louisiana, and Maybe Georgia, Mississippi, and Utah. Maybe Tennessee too.

The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 06:11:46 PM »

Also, I will change Gwinnett County, GA, so that the state definitively goes Democratic.

Thats Better though i did forget to mention the third most populous county (Cobb) would be won by Democrats if they won the state. Clinton won it this year.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 07:16:11 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 07:21:09 PM by Calthrina950 »

Thats Better though i did forget to mention the third most populous county (Cobb) would be won by Democrats if they won the state. Clinton won it this year.

I think I have Cobb County going to the Democrats on the map as well.

But my thinking is that the Democrats, in this scenario, win 44 states + Washington D.C. Republicans win 6 states, + N.E. 03.

The six Republican states are, in order of margin of victory:

1) West Virginia-won by around 13.0% (The map looks similar to that of 2008).
2) Oklahoma-won by roughly 9.64% (though I am not sure of this. On the map, I have all Oklahoma counties where Trump got less than 60% of the vote go to the Democrats. This includes both Oklahoma and Tulsa Counties, where Oklahoma City and Tulsa are located. The Democrats also pick up Cleveland County, to the south of Oklahoma City, and two minor rural counties-Comanche and Payne. The rest of the state remains Republican. Perhaps you have more thoughts about what the actual margin would look like).
3) Idaho-won by roughly 8.25% (though again, I am not sure, because I have Ada and Bannock Counties, with the former containing Boise, the state's capital, and the latter being Idaho's fifth most-populous, going to the Democrats. Blaine, Benewah, Shoshone, Latah, Nez Perce, Lewis, and Idaho Counties also go Democratic).
4) Wyoming-won by roughly 6.94% (with Sweetwater, Carbon, Albany, and Uinta joining Teton County. Albany was held by Trump with only a plurality of the vote in 2016. Again, I'm not sure if this percentage is too low or too high).
5) Louisiana-won by roughly 2.75% (keeping in mind what you said about North Louisiana and the New Orleans suburbs).
6. Alabama-won by roughly 2.30% (Northern Alabama, along with Baldwin and Shelby Counties, and a still-decent Republican performance in Montgomery County, along with a very narrow Democratic victory in Mobile County, allow the Republicans to eke out a win).

Do these figures seem reasonable? And I suspect that Vermont, California, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Hawaii, Maryland, and perhaps Delaware all go greater than 70% or 80% Democratic. Texas, the states of the Midwest, Maine, New Hampshire, Washington, Oregon, Illinois, Colorado, New Mexico, Missouri, and maybe Nevada and Virginia are probably >60% Democratic, with Arizona, Montana, the Dakotas, Kansas, Nebraska, and the remaining states not won by the Republicans are >50% Democratic. Do these also seem reasonable?
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 07:38:51 PM »

But my thinking is that the Democrats, in this scenario, win 44 states + Washington D.C. Republicans win 6 states, + N.E. 03.

2) Oklahoma-won by roughly 9.64% (though I am not sure of this. On the map, I have all Oklahoma counties where Trump got less than 60% of the vote go to the Democrats. This includes both Oklahoma and Tulsa Counties, where Oklahoma City and Tulsa are located. The Democrats also pick up Cleveland County, to the south of Oklahoma City, and two minor rural counties-Comanche and Payne. The rest of the state remains Republican. Perhaps you have more thoughts about what the actual margin would look like).
3) Idaho-won by roughly 8.25% (though again, I am not sure, because I have Ada and Bannock Counties, with the former containing Boise, the state's capital, and the latter being Idaho's fifth most-populous, going to the Democrats. Blaine, Benewah, Shoshone, Latah, Nez Perce, Lewis, and Idaho Counties also go Democratic).
4) Wyoming-won by roughly 6.94% (with Sweetwater, Carbon, Albany, and Uinta joining Teton County. Albany was held by Trump with only a plurality of the vote in 2016. Again, I'm not sure if this percentage is too low or too high).
5) Louisiana-won by roughly 2.75% (keeping in mind what you said about North Louisiana and the New Orleans suburbs).
6. Alabama-won by roughly 2.30% (Northern Alabama, along with Baldwin and Shelby Counties, and a still-decent Republican performance in Montgomery County, along with a very narrow Democratic victory in Mobile County, allow the Republicans to eke out a win).

Do these figures seem reasonable? And I suspect that Vermont, California, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Hawaii, Maryland, and perhaps Delaware all go greater than 70% or 80% Democratic. Texas, the states of the Midwest, Maine, New Hampshire, Washington, Oregon, Illinois, Colorado, New Mexico, Missouri, and maybe Nevada and Virginia are probably >60% Democratic, with Arizona, Montana, the Dakotas, Kansas, Nebraska, and the remaining states not won by the Republicans are >50% Democratic. Do these also seem reasonable?

Cobb County is to the Northwest of Fulton

I find all fine except for number 2 which would be Oklahoma. If the Republican is able to still win all of those Rural county's i think he/she would win by alot more then 9.64%. City's in Oklahoma don't take up alot of the voting population of Oklahoma and if the republican still loses all of those county's but performs well in the rural's then he is bond to win upwards of 15%. It all depends on the margins though. If the democrats win more then 55% in the county's they won and keep a 2004 level presence in the rural county's they could lose by only 9.64% but if the democrats either win 55% or more or win 50-55% but lose rurals trump margins, then the win for the republican could be more then 20%

I agree with all minus Virginia. I doubt there is any way a Democrat wins Virginia upwards of 60% if the Republican performs that well in West (Not the State, the Region) and Central Virginia. I think that would be 55% margin for the democrats instead. But who knows, the democrats could be getting 80% in Fairfax for all i know.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 09:40:54 PM »

Cobb County is to the Northwest of Fulton

I find all fine except for number 2 which would be Oklahoma. If the Republican is able to still win all of those Rural county's i think he/she would win by alot more then 9.64%. City's in Oklahoma don't take up alot of the voting population of Oklahoma and if the republican still loses all of those county's but performs well in the rural's then he is bond to win upwards of 15%. It all depends on the margins though. If the democrats win more then 55% in the county's they won and keep a 2004 level presence in the rural county's they could lose by only 9.64% but if the democrats either win 55% or more or win 50-55% but lose rurals trump margins, then the win for the republican could be more then 20%

I agree with all minus Virginia. I doubt there is any way a Democrat wins Virginia upwards of 60% if the Republican performs that well in West (Not the State, the Region) and Central Virginia. I think that would be 55% margin for the democrats instead. But who knows, the democrats could be getting 80% in Fairfax for all i know.

I've updated the map to reflect Cobb County going to the Democrats. I will have it that the Democrats win 61% in Oklahoma County, 58% in Tulsa County, and 50-55% in Cleveland, Comanche, and Payne Counties, while keeping a Kerry-2004 presence in the Republican counties. That would adhere to what you say would be the reality.

As for Virginia, Democrats probably crack 70% in Fairfax, and 80% in Arlington and Alexandria. They also get more than 60% in Richmond, and similar numbers in Loudoun and Prince William Counties. I would say that, along with gains in Southeast and Northern Virginia, would give them around 58% of the vote in Virginia, still falling short of the 60% threshold, but a margin of victory of eighteen percentage points.

As for demographics, how do you think that vote would look like? Obviously, the Democrats carry every racial demographic, every age group, and every religious group, as well as every income and education group. But what could possibly be the numbers? It was posted here that this scenario would represent a 65-66% victory overall.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 10:23:54 PM »

If it was a 66% landslide (Which would be the largest since Madison was unopposed) then yes Democrats could of won possibly everything. As for the Numbers i would say:

White Vote - If White Voters are 70% of the Electorate and the Landslide is 66% then Democrats would probably win at least upwards of 55%. There share of the white vote would be lower then the Popular vote due to White Voters bias towards Republicans. If Democrats are getting 79-99% of the minority vote then it evens out

Hispanic Voters - At least 80-90%. Obama has already won 71% of this demographic in 2012 and the Democratic candidate could possibly top that in 2020.

Black Voters - They already vote 85% and over and voted for Hillary 88% and Obama over 90%. A Democratic landslide of this kind would probably take up practically 99% of the Black vote if not 100%.

Asian - Already voting lopsided margins for democrats as of late (65% in 2016) a landslide like this would probably win over 80% of the vote here. They were similar in voting habits to hispanics in 2016 and will probably resemble that in this election.

Other - Everyone else would vote 75% plus to the democrats. This is already a lean dem category.

Age Groups

18-29 - Millennials as a whole would go definitively over 85% for the Democrats. This is already a heavily democratic generation. White Millennials maybe would go a little less then that but the other black, Hispanic, and Asian Millennials will even that out over 85%

30 - 44 - Young Adults to Middle aged people would of course vote democrat though are OTL less democratic then millennials. 68-75%+ should be expected

45-64 - Middle aged peoples are more republican then 30-44 year olds but should vote democratic here. Maybe 55-61% for the Democratic party

65- Seniors and the like are a little less republican then the middle aged though still solidly. In this they should probably go a little more democratic then the middle aged but not by alot. Maybe 57-64% for the Democrats

Religion (Just numbers)

Protestants - Democratic - 55-65%

Catholic - 75-90% Democratic

Mormon -  49% - 59% Democratic

Other Christian - 58 - 68% Democratic

Jewish - 85 - 95 Democratic

Muslim - 80 - 90% Democratic

Others - 79 - 95% Democratic

None - Over 90% Democratic

Income -

Democrats sweep all

Democrats are strongest under 99,999$ and Republicans
are strongest Over $250,000 losing there only 55-44%

Education

Dems sweep :
High School or Less : 57-43%
Some College Education : 55-45%
College Graduation : 69%-31%
Postgraduate Education : 78%-22%
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 10:54:03 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 10:59:26 PM by Calthrina950 »

If it was a 66% landslide (Which would be the largest since Madison was unopposed) then yes Democrats could of won possibly everything. As for the Numbers i would say:

White Vote - If White Voters are 70% of the Electorate and the Landslide is 66% then Democrats would probably win at least upwards of 55%. There share of the white vote would be lower then the Popular vote due to White Voters bias towards Republicans. If Democrats are getting 79-99% of the minority vote then it evens out

Hispanic Voters - At least 80-90%. Obama has already won 71% of this demographic in 2012 and the Democratic candidate could possibly top that in 2020.

Black Voters - They already vote 85% and over and voted for Hillary 88% and Obama over 90%. A Democratic landslide of this kind would probably take up practically 99% of the Black vote if not 100%.

Asian - Already voting lopsided margins for democrats as of late (65% in 2016) a landslide like this would probably win over 80% of the vote here. They were similar in voting habits to hispanics in 2016 and will probably resemble that in this election.

Other - Everyone else would vote 75% plus to the democrats. This is already a lean dem category.

Age Groups

18-29 - Millennials as a whole would go definitively over 85% for the Democrats. This is already a heavily democratic generation. White Millennials maybe would go a little less then that but the other black, Hispanic, and Asian Millennials will even that out over 85%

30 - 44 - Young Adults to Middle aged people would of course vote democrat though are OTL less democratic then millennials. 68-75%+ should be expected

45-64 - Middle aged peoples are more republican then 30-44 year olds but should vote democratic here. Maybe 55-61% for the Democratic party

65- Seniors and the like are a little less republican then the middle aged though still solidly. In this they should probably go a little more democratic then the middle aged but not by alot. Maybe 57-64% for the Democrats

Religion (Just numbers)

Mormon -  49% - 59% Democratic

Income -

Democrats sweep all

Education

Dems sweep :

Those seem to be very good numbers. I'm thinking that reasonable results would be something along these lines:

Races

Whites: 57% Democratic
Blacks: 96% Democratic
Hispanics: 84% Democratic
Asians: 85% Democratic
Others: 75% Democratic

Age Groups

18-29: 85% Democratic
30-44: 68% Democratic
45-64: 61% Democratic
65+: 64% Democratic

Religion

Protestants-55% Democratic
Catholics-75% Democratic
Mormons-59% Democratic
Other Christians-68% Democratic
Jews-95% Democratic
Muslims-90% Democratic
Others-95% Democratic
None-90% Democratic

Income

All Democratic

Education

All Democratic:

High School or Less: 57% Democratic
Some College: 55% Democratic
College: 69% Democratic
Postgraduate: 78% Democratic

As for regions, the Democrats obviously dominate the urban and suburban vote, and capture a majority of the rural vote. In 2016, Hillary Clinton won the overwhelming majority of the urban vote, while Trump won a plurality among suburban voters and the overwhelming majority of the rural vote.  In this scenario, all three go Democratic. But what would be the relative percentages? As for counties, I counted them up and determined that the Republicans won 966 counties; the Democrats 2,178. 69% of all counties went Democratic; 31% Republican. That would be a complete reversal of what happened in 2016, in which 84% of counties went Republican, and 16% Democratic.

Which notable counties, based upon a glance from the map, that Trump won, and that you know of, do you see going Democratic in this scenario? Which ones stay Republican?
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 10:31:14 AM »

Age Groups

Religion (Just numbers)

Income -

Democrats sweep all

Education

Dems sweep :

Those seem to be very good numbers. I'm thinking that reasonable results would be something along these lines:

Races

Age Groups

Religion

Catholics-75% Democratic
Mormons-59% Democratic
Jews-95% Democratic
Muslims-90% Democratic
Others-95% Democratic
None-90% Democratic

Income

All Democratic

Education

All Democratic:

As for regions, the Democrats obviously dominate the urban and suburban vote, and capture a majority of the rural vote. In 2016, Hillary Clinton won the overwhelming majority of the urban vote, while Trump won a plurality among suburban voters and the overwhelming majority of the rural vote.  In this scenario, all three go Democratic. But what would be the relative percentages? As for counties, I counted them up and determined that the Republicans won 966 counties; the Democrats 2,178. 69% of all counties went Democratic; 31% Republican. That would be a complete reversal of what happened in 2016, in which 84% of counties went Republican, and 16% Democratic.

Which notable counties, based upon a glance from the map, that Trump won, and that you know of, do you see going Democratic in this scenario? Which ones stay Republican?

What do you mean? Do you mean which Trump/Republican county's i think would go to the democrats in a 66% blowout.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 03:59:33 PM »

If the Dem is winning Hamilton County, Indiana, it's a Johnson 1964-esque blowout.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 05:22:24 PM »

Age Groups

Religion (Just numbers)

Income -

Democrats sweep all

Education

Dems sweep :

Races

Age Groups

Religion

Catholics-75% Democratic
Mormons-59% Democratic
Jews-95% Democratic
Muslims-90% Democratic
Others-95% Democratic
None-90% Democratic

Income

All Democratic

Education

All Democratic:

What do you mean? Do you mean which Trump/Republican county's i think would go to the democrats in a 66% blowout.

Yes, that is what I mean. Which Republican counties would go Democratic in this scenario? Or have, based upon this map?
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 10:56:20 PM »

My Map
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 11:08:13 PM »

Jake: Here's my guess, at a glance.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 01:18:40 AM »

Is this map using the same scenario that we have been discussing, but with different county-level results. Would Democrats win a majority of counties? Or Republicans?
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2017, 10:43:32 AM »

Is this map using the same scenario that we have been discussing, but with different county-level results. Would Democrats win a majority of counties? Or Republicans?

Yes. This is what i think a 66% Democratic landslide would look like. Some of the county's you showed (mostly rural ones) are too republican to go Democratic even in that case like for example Kings county in Texas which went to trump by over 90% over with other county's in the great plains which went 80-90% Republican in 2016. I based this partially off of how Republican they were in the last few elections. If they were under 66% Republican then i either give it to the democratic s or make the county close. If its over i give it to the republican. And then there are others i just guessed on or just what i think would happen. As for who wins the majority of county's. I say its close though its a Narrow Republican victory. Even in a 66% landslide today, the country is much more polarized then it was in 1964 (when the last democrat won the majority of county's) and there is a lot more county's that would vote republican no matter what.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2017, 10:57:02 AM »

Also, what's up with Mecklenburg?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 06:14:36 PM »

Yes. This is what i think a 66% Democratic landslide would look like. Some of the county's you showed (mostly rural ones) are too republican to go Democratic even in that case like for example Kings county in Texas which went to trump by over 90% over with other county's in the great plains which went 80-90% Republican in 2016. I based this partially off of how Republican they were in the last few elections. If they were under 66% Republican then i either give it to the democratic s or make the county close. If its over i give it to the republican. And then there are others i just guessed on or just what i think would happen. As for who wins the majority of county's. I say its close though its a Narrow Republican victory. Even in a 66% landslide today, the country is much more polarized then it was in 1964 (when the last democrat won the majority of county's) and there is a lot more county's that would vote republican no matter what.

So in this scenario, would the only Republican states still be just Idaho and Wyoming?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies