Global temperatures to rise by 2 degrees Celsius by 2100
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:10:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Global temperatures to rise by 2 degrees Celsius by 2100
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Global temperatures to rise by 2 degrees Celsius by 2100  (Read 965 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2017, 12:03:38 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/31/health/climate-change-two-degrees-studies/index.html

Uh oh...

This is bad.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 12:07:14 PM »

And it says that most of the change would still happen even if we stopped all fossil fuel emissions right this second. Climate Change is affected by human activity, yes, but natural processes do more to cause it than we ever could.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 12:08:24 PM »

And the Republicans still do nothing about it. Why Florida continues to vote for its own suicide I have no idea.

And it says that most of the change would still happen even if we stopped all fossil fuel emissions right this second. Climate Change is affected by human activity, yes, but natural processes do more to cause it than we ever could.

That's because of past emissions, not "natural processes."
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 12:13:13 PM »

Yeah, disturbing.

That's why I'll buy an E-car in the next 5 years. I have already got myself an e-mountainbike, which allows me to drive 100km (65 miles) without re-loading the battery. And it allows me to drive less with my current car.

But for the planet as a whole, it could already be too late: humans are reproducing like rats or worse (especially the Africans and Arabs) and more and more consumers (= 3 billion more) will be added in the next 40 years. Who will wreck the planet even more. You can only do your small part here.

But generally, the planet would be better off if 99.9% of the human cancer would be eliminated (and then there'd still be 8 million around).
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 12:31:17 PM »

Whatever, I'll be dead.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 01:04:28 PM »

Yeah, disturbing.

That's why I'll buy an E-car in the next 5 years. I have already got myself an e-mountainbike, which allows me to drive 100km (65 miles) without re-loading the battery. And it allows me to drive less with my current car.

But for the planet as a whole, it could already be too late: humans are reproducing like rats or worse (especially the Africans and Arabs) and more and more consumers (= 3 billion more) will be added in the next 40 years. Who will wreck the planet even more. You can only do your small part here.

But generally, the planet would be better off if 99.9% of the human cancer would be eliminated (and then there'd still be 8 million around).

If you were to read the study (or even merely the CNN article linked in the description) you'll see that the researchers considered population gain to have relatively effect on their predicted temperature rise.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 01:07:36 PM »

Yeah, disturbing.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 02:15:25 PM »

I have given up on humans related to global warning.
I just laugh at the stupidity of the "most intelligent" life form (humans) on Earth, a planet that we are slowly destroying.
Humans will pay dearly in the future, and we deserve every bit of the greed and exploitation.

PS: In the US, it is mainly the Republican Party that is sticking their head in the sand, and in many cases creating excuses for all the warning signs that 98% of all the world's scientist see.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 02:40:44 PM »

Yeah, disturbing.

Dont cut yourself on all that edge.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 02:43:14 PM »

I mean, let's not pretend that the average person has not thought of the population situation in similar terms as Tender described at some point.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 02:44:06 PM »

I mean, let's not pretend that the average person has not thought of the population situation in similar terms as Tender described at some point.

I haven't because we're not overpopulated.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 02:45:29 PM »

I haven't because we're not overpopulated.

I wasn't talking about individual people.
maga2020
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: 7.74

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 02:51:37 PM »

And the Republicans still do nothing about it. Why Florida continues to vote for its own suicide I have no idea.

That's because of past emissions, not "natural processes."
Florida knows man made climate change is a lie and they want conservative people who will not raise their taxes and let even more immigrants run them over.

Climate change is a losing issue for democrats, they yell to you to sacrifice everything you earned because we are all going to die, alarmism at its finest, yet they call conservatives alarmists because of warning about the radical islamic terrorism threat.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 04:10:55 PM »

Yeah, disturbing.

Who is human cancer?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 04:15:27 PM »

Yeah, disturbing.

Who is human cancer?

Maga2020, for starters.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 04:44:39 PM »

Yeah, disturbing.

Who is human cancer?

Maga2020, for starters.

Name calling isn't going to convince people.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 05:22:17 PM »

Yeah, disturbing.

Who is human cancer?

Maga2020, for starters.

Name calling isn't going to convince people.

Who said I was trying to convince anyone?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 05:29:40 PM »

he's an asshole for sport you see
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies