How do you think the union blue collar workers will vote once trump is gone?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:07:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How do you think the union blue collar workers will vote once trump is gone?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How do you think the union blue collar workers will vote once trump is gone?  (Read 3060 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2017, 10:18:32 AM »

Unionized voters have voted for Republican nominees before -- in R landslides. But 2016 is a landslide  only in the mind of Donald Trump.

I look at the polls, and I see such low approval ratings that Republicans must have command only of a few small constituencies. When one has an approval rating in the low 30s, one has big trouble. Obama was usually in the mid-40s, and barely got re-elected.   

It is a reasonable guess for the time that an incumbent politician will get no better than the number 100-DIS in his last election as a ceiling, or APP+6 as a ceiling, which ever is lower with about 38% as a historical floor in a binary election.

I am guessing that Donald Trump will live to the 2020 election despite his bad habits and evidence of mental decline that often has physical cause, and that he will run for election and get the Republican nomination. I also expect him to lose.

He and his Party have done lots of bad things to millions of people, and such implies that he will lose lots of voters from 2016. "Make America Great Again"? "But it's awful for me! It must be great for someone else. Oh -- only those already rich. I won't make that mistake again".

You do not give the shaft to unionized workers and keep their votes. They have good memories, and they can get very active in campaigns.

The dirty little secret of Trump and this election is that the more that people know him for his personality and his conduct as a businessman, the less they like him. Because he reminds people of urban landlords who make more money by simply raising the rent but tell people that 'this apartment is simply beautiful, he reminds people who might otherwise be pro-capitalist of the sorts of capitalists that urban tenants have least admiration. If you own your own home or your landlord is struggling to keep an apartment up to code, then you don't know anyone like him.

Most politicians who get anywhere near the Presidency have developed ties to the local political culture and reflect it. It is hard to get reflected if one doesn't fit that culture. It's hard to imagine where in New York City he would win election for anything. The more that one's community resembles any part of New York City, the less likely one was to vote for Trump in 2016.   

Donald Trump is an extreme narcissist bordering on a sociopath. He has a big mean streak. Some people think that that is what one needs to get something done. Others believe that even if one gets such done, one may not like the results.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2017, 12:26:55 PM »

They'll all write in reasonable moderate Mitt Romney in 2020.
Sherrod Brown Shill
NerdFighter40351
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -6.43

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2018, 12:44:34 PM »

In the short term, for a Democrat, since I figure Democrats will nominate a populist in 2020 and they'll probably win. But over time, they will vote for Democrats less and less and less.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2018, 03:35:45 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2018, 03:54:56 PM by ERM64man »

Unionized voters have voted for Republican nominees before -- in R landslides. But 2016 is a landslide  only in the mind of Donald Trump.

I look at the polls, and I see such low approval ratings that Republicans must have command only of a few small constituencies. When one has an approval rating in the low 30s, one has big trouble. Obama was usually in the mid-40s, and barely got re-elected.  

It is a reasonable guess for the time that an incumbent politician will get no better than the number 100-DIS in his last election as a ceiling, or APP+6 as a ceiling, which ever is lower with about 38% as a historical floor in a binary election.

I am guessing that Donald Trump will live to the 2020 election despite his bad habits and evidence of mental decline that often has physical cause, and that he will run for election and get the Republican nomination. I also expect him to lose.

He and his Party have done lots of bad things to millions of people, and such implies that he will lose lots of voters from 2016. "Make America Great Again"? "But it's awful for me! It must be great for someone else. Oh -- only those already rich. I won't make that mistake again".

You do not give the shaft to unionized workers and keep their votes. They have good memories, and they can get very active in campaigns.

The dirty little secret of Trump and this election is that the more that people know him for his personality and his conduct as a businessman, the less they like him. Because he reminds people of urban landlords who make more money by simply raising the rent but tell people that 'this apartment is simply beautiful, he reminds people who might otherwise be pro-capitalist of the sorts of capitalists that urban tenants have least admiration. If you own your own home or your landlord is struggling to keep an apartment up to code, then you don't know anyone like him.

Most politicians who get anywhere near the Presidency have developed ties to the local political culture and reflect it. It is hard to get reflected if one doesn't fit that culture. It's hard to imagine where in New York City he would win election for anything. The more that one's community resembles any part of New York City, the less likely one was to vote for Trump in 2016.  

Donald Trump is an extreme narcissist bordering on a sociopath. He has a big mean streak. Some people think that that is what one needs to get something done. Others believe that even if one gets such done, one may not like the results.
Trump will give workers the shaft. Union workers will never support anyone they know will give them the shaft. Watch Trump put the coal miners out of business.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies