Zuckerberg hires former Clinton pollster Joel Benenson as consultant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:47:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Zuckerberg hires former Clinton pollster Joel Benenson as consultant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Zuckerberg hires former Clinton pollster Joel Benenson as consultant  (Read 1881 times)
foxh8er
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2017, 10:03:24 PM »

People underestimating him remind me of NeverTrumpers in 2015 - I also think he doesn't have much charisma, but he's doing a better job in creating a coherent message than Hillary or Obama in 2012 without even running.

I wouldn't count him out. He has the money to self-fund and genuinely fresh ideas. His only real exposure to 99% of Americans is through a David Fincher movie.
Possiblymaybe
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2017, 07:07:55 AM »

People, the biggest reason Hillary lost in 2016 was due to one thing: the phony email scandal. That won't be a problem with Zuckerberg, whom millions of Americans trust to keep their personal information secure. If there's one thing we can guarantee about Zuckerberg, it's that his emails won't be hacked by the Russians, or anyone else for that matter. The idea that he's a horrible candidate just screams "baseless" at me.

Zuckerberg 2020: I won't be hacked by the Russians
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2017, 11:15:04 AM »

I could see myself getting behind Zuckerberg. Running a huge multinational business (an actual business, not the fraudulent abortion of a business Trump ran) actually could be valuable experience for a POTUS. I'd definitely support him if he runs like a DLC Democrat, but he's been talking about implementing an UBI lately. Even as a complete replacement of the welfare state a meaningful UBI would be very expensive.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2017, 11:28:14 AM »

Okay here's a question: who is Zuckerberg's base in the Democratic party? I can't see him winning IA, NH, or SC, and if he can't win at least one of those, he has no path to the nomination. And you can't just handwave "MUH MILLENNIALS" because there's no proof in polling or otherwise that Zuck has any special appeal to them.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2017, 02:18:44 PM »

This is Eharding, guys
ossoff2028

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2017, 03:07:08 PM »

Okay here's a question: who is Zuckerberg's base in the Democratic party? I can't see him winning IA, NH, or SC, and if he can't win at least one of those, he has no path to the nomination. And you can't just handwave "MUH MILLENNIALS" because there's no proof in polling or otherwise that Zuck has any special appeal to them.
Well-educated progressives, possibly African Americans and northern White rural Democrats as well. New Hampshire is probably the easiest state for Zuckerberg to win, which is why Zuckerberg is trying so hard to build his credibility in Iowa. Zuckerberg's best generation may be millenials, but his base will inevitably be largely Generation Xers with a large smattering of Boomers.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies