The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:41:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 236777 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: February 28, 2018, 09:35:05 PM »

This entire thread...I'm honestly surprised TexArkana isn't the one who posted it, honestly.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=285996.0
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1101 on: February 28, 2018, 09:42:20 PM »

This entire thread...I'm honestly surprised TexArkana isn't the one who posted it, honestly.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=285996.0
Let me make something absolutely clear; I am not in any way sexually aroused by that bizarre fetish. I'm a simple man, give me a phat booty and a beer and I'm happy.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1102 on: March 01, 2018, 12:54:07 AM »

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1103 on: March 01, 2018, 02:10:49 AM »

Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #1104 on: March 01, 2018, 09:57:48 AM »

Identity politics is the definition of this question. How about what people are on the actual issues?

3rd wayers do their best to avoid the issues, because they suck so badly on them.
You are both completely off base, but you are both white males so anything that remotely revolves around representation for other groups must seem foreign to you. If you really think advocating for a racially or gender diverse ticket means putting some unqualified, incompetent hack that "sucks on the issues" on board then you aren't wrapped too tight.

So because they're white males, they're automatically racist?

That is actually pretty racist in and of itself.
Where did I say they were racist? LOL. Goodbye.

Identity politics is the definition of this question. How about what people are on the actual issues?

3rd wayers do their best to avoid the issues, because they suck so badly on them.
You are both completely off base, but you are both white males so anything that remotely revolves around representation for other groups must seem foreign to you. If you really think advocating for a racially or gender diverse ticket means putting some unqualified, incompetent hack that "sucks on the issues" on board then you aren't wrapped too tight.
Yawn.

Your hatred of whites has reached some pretty insane levels.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1105 on: March 01, 2018, 08:34:40 PM »

The “white people can’t play identity politics” fallacy at play here:

How does a white man (Biden) play to any identity politics? Yeah, he's Third Way, but not necessarily that he plays into IP. Those two aren't synonymous, though related. The Third Way has hidden behind token racial minorities and women as meat shields for ages.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1106 on: March 02, 2018, 02:09:25 PM »

So many people here not understanding how tariffs end up working.

THE GAIN TO THE PRODUCERS WILL ALWAYS BE SMALLER THAN THE LOSS TO THE CONSUMERS. And in this case, the consumers are other American business. Trump is trying to boost one sector of the economy by screwing over ten.
Then those ten better reconsider their pro-China policies.

Honestly, all of hofold's posts in that thread belong in here.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1107 on: March 02, 2018, 07:02:07 PM »

DeSantis has a really good chance. The GOP is being emptied out to the point that the only people left in the party are mostly older, angrier, and whiter electorate. The 90s Bush era Conservatism is long gone; this is now the reactionary party of Trump. The GOP Establishment is unable to control the monster they've created, that's why they've been fighting back against extremist candidates like Roy Moore, McDaniels, EW Jackson,etc... There's nobody left participating in the party except old racists

One minor change: I meant: "nobody left participating in the party PRIMARIES except old racist(and young as PNM pointed out)"

Depressing....BUT TRUE!
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #1108 on: March 02, 2018, 07:19:50 PM »

Alex was getting too close to the truth. He was right about The Memo. He was right about chemicals in the water turning kids trans. The powers-that-be couldn't have him exposing any more inconvenient truths so they did what they typically do and RoyMoored him.

(Obviously this is directed towards Morty, not YE.)

But seriously, it all makes sense now...
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #1109 on: March 02, 2018, 09:14:06 PM »

Also, just exactly how many nukes do both sides have?

Hopefully it's not just a trade war.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1110 on: March 03, 2018, 07:56:42 PM »

Wow dude, you really are trying to get the title of Most Deplorable Poster on Atlas.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1111 on: March 03, 2018, 08:28:06 PM »

California has a low standard of living because it has a lot of people from the third world living there and they do not magically become middle class by living on US soil.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1112 on: March 03, 2018, 08:35:48 PM »

Wow dude, you really are trying to get the title of Most Deplorable Poster on Atlas.
It's an act. Santander is a contrarian troll, but a damn good one.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1113 on: March 03, 2018, 10:34:07 PM »

It's an act. Santander is a contrarian troll, but a damn good one.
I knew that, but I never noticed him trying this hard at it.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1114 on: March 04, 2018, 09:40:35 AM »

Yeah, I'm a bad person. I don't care.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1115 on: March 04, 2018, 11:28:55 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2018, 11:32:23 AM by Atlas Force »

I take that back. They should pass a law that automatically deposits a vote for themselves based on citizens' ethnicity, and sit back as muh Demographic DestinyTM takes over. The actual legislative agenda should just be to sit around on C-SPAN with their pants off masturbating over a giant poster of Demographic DestinyTM. Free vibrators for the Congresswomen.

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1116 on: March 04, 2018, 11:36:16 AM »

Yeah, I'm a bad person. I don't care.
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #1117 on: March 04, 2018, 02:53:40 PM »

POINT AT HIM AND LAUGH
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1118 on: March 05, 2018, 11:42:51 PM »

A high minimum wage and strong workers' unions A population that is largely racially and ethnically homogeneous.

FTFY
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1119 on: March 06, 2018, 02:14:29 AM »

I take that back. They should pass a law that automatically deposits a vote for themselves based on citizens' ethnicity, and sit back as muh Demographic DestinyTM takes over. The actual legislative agenda should just be to sit around on C-SPAN with their pants off masturbating over a giant poster of Demographic DestinyTM. Free vibrators for the Congresswomen.

Great post, though the last little sentence was a bit weird and gratuitous.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1120 on: March 06, 2018, 07:57:19 AM »

In a thread that had nothing to do with neoliberalism, of course

The same old tired policies of neoliberalism, warmongering, and not doing anything about climate change will certainly bring more chaos in the long run.

BUT HILLARY!!!!!!111
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1121 on: March 06, 2018, 05:35:42 PM »

There's culture war, and then there's absolute desperation.
The Dems have been anti-cop (a union-heavy lean D demographic before) and soft on crime since about 7 years ago. It alienates white working class much more than other demographics. It's not so much desperation, but an unforced error on the Dems' side.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1122 on: March 06, 2018, 10:46:30 PM »

[https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=286511.msg6094362#new This entire thread]
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #1123 on: March 07, 2018, 10:54:21 AM »

All of those European immigrants from the 19th century, they and their children as a group only became wealthier after we closed to the borders in 1924. When we opened the borders back up in 1965, social mobility became stagnant again. The period of closed borders between 1924 and 1965 saw the greatest social mobility and the greatest income equality. But you must already know this since you already conceded immigration makes us poorer.

Also "diversity is strength". That's not an answer to my question. That's s slogan. HOW is diversity strength? That's what I was asking.

With regards to immigrants supporting our welfare state, that is just a lie. Immigration, in the form it currently exists in the United States, causes the ratio of net tax payers to net tax users to increase in favor of net tax uses, because of the welfare dependent children that immigrants have, who would not be the US government's responsibility if the US had not allowed their parents to immigrate in the first place.

More immigration = a greater percentage of the population using more in welfare than they pay in taxes

You realize that filing taxes is not the same as paying taxes right? Most poor people (and immigrants are disproportionately poor) file their taxes and actually get money back from the government in the form of tax credits. So even though they "pay taxes" in the sense that they file their taxes, they aren't contributing money to the general fund, they are actually taking money out of the general fund. That's in addition to whatever welfare their families qualify for.

Maybe immigrants would help the Social Security system if all the immigrants we got were 18 year old adults who immediately went to work at high paying jobs, never had families, and then died before they themselves retired but that's not the way it works in the real world. In the real world, half of all immigrants to the US are "family reunification", often old people and children who require government services to meet our basic standard of living.

I honestly don't know how to fix Social Security long term but I know what won't fix it, immigration. Immigration puts MORE stress on Social Security.

We didn't even "close our borders" in 1924 with Johnson-Reed, we instated quotas (not that that's a good thing). The point he based his entire argument on is bunk, but he won't listen if you try to tell him that.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #1124 on: March 07, 2018, 02:45:10 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies