The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:18:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 236724 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: March 07, 2018, 03:12:59 PM »
« edited: March 07, 2018, 03:17:09 PM by President fhtagn »

Edit: since it's the same person, and same thread, I'll just post both on one. Gotta love Animal Rights folks.

This is a complicated issue, way more complicated than the "omg, you should never ever hunt an elephant" people could possibly understand...but I don't care enough to get into some big thing so I'll just leave this here.

not all elephant hunting is a horrible thing

Elephants are sentients.

If there's a death penalty in a country, people who kill elephants should be EXECUTED.

So are pigs and cows.  Your turn.
Elephants, whales, dolphins, some breeds of dogs and cats, crows and magpies, some octopuses and squid species, the great apes, and a few others have been scientifically documented to think and feel similar to humans. They should have personhood legally recognized in every country (as it already is in some countries). Killing these animals should be murder. Once lab-grown meat is cheap, healthy, and tastes good enough, then all meat from killed animals should be banned, and people who kill them should be severely punished. How we treat some farm animals now is inhumane, and the people who organize and operate those sites should be prosecuted. Not fined, jailed.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1126 on: March 07, 2018, 09:09:00 PM »

Rockefeller Republicans, with Reagan Republicans a distant second.  I despise Trump Republicans, which are only Democrats in disguise.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1127 on: March 08, 2018, 01:53:29 AM »

Mueller has enough evidence to prove the 2017 Seychelles meeting between Erik Prince and the Putin officials was to establish a backchannel between the Trump Whitehouse and the Kremlin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/mueller-gathers-evidence-that-2016-seychelles-meeting-was-effort-to-establish-back-channel-to-kremlin/2018/03/07/b6a5fb8c-224b-11e8-94da-ebf9d112159c_story.html?utm_term=.7ecc7840bf8c

That is worthy of a Nuclear Elmo.

I'm sure the Republican party, Fox News, and the other blue avatar morons on this board will find a way to spin this away too.

I believe Kennedy used an ABC News reporter for a back channel with the Russians during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1128 on: March 08, 2018, 01:54:10 AM »

I'm not a PETA fan. And this isn't propaganda, it's called having a belief.

If an elephant is old... let it live out its days, elephants can live a long time.
If an animal is sick... administer medicine.
As for "unfit for mating"... who determines that? Why should we determine that?
As for aggressive, then tranquilize and move the elephant farther away from anyone it's been acting aggressive towards, if trying to eliminate the source of the aggression doesn't work.

Using animal parts at all is disgusting, and we shouldn't encourage demand for them.

You may not be a PETA fan, but your points are just as misinformed and crazy as their average supporter.

It's all fine and dandy if you want to live in vegan fantasyland, but your approach is not practical in the real world, especially in countries where elephant hunting takes place.

1. I'm not vegan

2. How is NO ELEPHANT HUNTING "not practical in the real world"

The use of animal parts (such as the meat and hides) benefits the communities that receive them in exchange for trophy hunting, especially in poor communities in the countries where elephant hunting (and other trophy hunting) takes place. Same goes for dealing with aggressive or sick animals in a herd. It's not always as simple as "move them" or "give them medicine".
And we should sanction any country that uses Elephant hides and meat (as well as other human-level sentient creatures, like the ones I've mentioned) and treat it like the slave trade.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1129 on: March 08, 2018, 11:27:03 AM »

Is Kennedy more liberal then Polis? If so - nothing unusual: conventions are dominated by "activists", and tend to favor the most radical candidates: left in Democratic case, right - in Republican.
I don't see how that's absurd or ignorant, he's right.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1130 on: March 08, 2018, 12:49:56 PM »

Is Kennedy more liberal then Polis? If so - nothing unusual: conventions are dominated by "activists", and tend to favor the most radical candidates: left in Democratic case, right - in Republican.

The only thing absurd or ignorant in it is the grammar.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1131 on: March 08, 2018, 01:09:00 PM »

The only thing absurd or ignorant in it is the grammar.
Forgive English, he is Russia.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1132 on: March 08, 2018, 01:18:03 PM »

Russians seem to claim a lot of knowledge and insight into democracy and its party systems despite never having lived in one.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1133 on: March 08, 2018, 09:02:34 PM »

Yawn what he did wasn't even a big deal in the first place, and let's be clear on one thing: he has not been accused of sexual assault. He has been accused of harassment, which is different.

Kihuen is a pretty good rep all things considered but if Dems want to risk a safe seat for party purity then shrug

And no, if he runs he is not losing a primary lmao. This is because he will only run if he determines that he has the support of enough of the establishment mr to run a serious risk. If that happens, he will not get primary'd from the left.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1134 on: March 08, 2018, 10:32:45 PM »

What in the world is going on with Stabenow and especially Peters?? Michigan Democrats really suck lately.

Calm down. From a Democratic Perspective, Schumer and Durbin have done an excellent job keeping their members in line during this administration. Democrats stood in lockstep against all versions of TrumpCare and Tax Reform. Democrats displayed remarkable unity on the unsuccessful attempts to provide a huge boost to defense spending, ban abortion after 20 weeks, and crack down on sanctuary cities and legal immigration. Democrats also voted in near-lockstep to shut down the government for DACA, which did ultimately result in forcing the Republicans to have to actually vote down Senator King's immigration bill on the floor, and have made the confirmation process difficult for many nominees to the administration and the courts. The fact that this bill is passing with north of 65 votes despite the strong opposition of Schumer and Durbin just goes to show how excellent of a bill it is.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1135 on: March 09, 2018, 10:33:37 AM »

no. prefer food that was once alive. pisses me off when people try to remove the taste of game from perfectly fine lamb.

Thread title: Would you eat lab-grown human meat?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1136 on: March 09, 2018, 12:29:11 PM »

no. prefer food that was once alive. pisses me off when people try to remove the taste of game from perfectly fine lamb.

Thread title: Would you eat lab-grown human meat?
I've heard human aint so bad. Especially poors.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1137 on: March 10, 2018, 12:29:05 PM »

Everyone agrees that transgendered people should be treated respectfully and so on but it's quite literally not true that "trans women are women" and it doesn't make any sense to pretend it's so. Why is this a woke mantra?

Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1138 on: March 10, 2018, 12:34:33 PM »

Everyone agrees that transgendered people should be treated respectfully and so on but it's quite literally not true that "trans women are women" and it doesn't make any sense to pretend it's so. Why is this a woke mantra?

I thought you were gonna stop posting on atlas.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1139 on: March 10, 2018, 12:59:36 PM »

Why should I care again?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1140 on: March 10, 2018, 01:45:34 PM »

Why should I care again?

What?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1141 on: March 10, 2018, 01:50:05 PM »

It's literally insulting to the non-white people and women who carry the Democratic Party that they would nominate two white men in order to satisfy a demographic they lose by 30 points.
It's much more insulting when the working class is mocked and forgotten about by a party that pretends to care about minorities when they are more importantly looking for champagne liberals in Orange County and using minorities as cover to do it.

Tell that to the Third Way mealymouths who spout off "business-friendly solutions", "right-to-work", and "the future of the Democratic Party is in the country clubs of Dallas".

Using 100% fabricated quotes that get literally one hit on Google, that being that post itself is bad.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #1142 on: March 11, 2018, 04:56:51 PM »

Rooting for Polis. We need more gay politicians in power.

We’ve had plenty of gay politicians. Larry Craig, Dennis Hastert, Ed Murray, etc
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1143 on: March 11, 2018, 10:34:50 PM »

Who are the likely 2020 Dem neocons to run? Here's my list.

Biden
Booker
Gillibrand
Harris
Klobuchar
Moulton

Peacehawks

Gabbard
Sanders
Merkley

In the middle
Warren

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1144 on: March 12, 2018, 12:02:00 AM »

The idea that Iran is some sort of strict Islamic theocracy is a myth that the neocon's have been perpetrating since the Carter administration. In reality, Iran is really just a flawed democracy with a slightly theocratic bent. In Iran, transpeople are free to live their lives openly and freely, and are able to transition if they so choose. In ISIS held territory, they are flat out killed.

In many ways, Syria and Iran are more western than they are given credit for.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1145 on: March 12, 2018, 06:28:12 AM »

I thought the title was going to be Toy's R Us to stop selling plastic replica AR-15 rifles.

Anyway, great news. In Perth, this store is an abomination. My ex-wife bought a cheap Chinese toy for my boys birthday. It was dangerous and ultimately banned from sale in WA.

But that did not stop TRU from denying a refund, which they reneged on when I got my local member for Parliament to investigate their cheap Chinese import practices of unsafe toys.

So now, when I have a spare 2 hours to kill, I take my three boys to TRU and let them run loose until they have essentially destroyed half the store, then I buy $30 worth of stuff, and let the moronic staff clean it up.

Remember, secret tip: children love packaging, not the toys. When in a toy store, they fall in love. But when you get home, they stop playing with the toy after about 4 minutes.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1146 on: March 13, 2018, 06:14:36 AM »

Obama really did a number on people's view on how fast people can rise through the political ladder. There's not going to be another Obama, at least for a very long time, so its useless to project someone like this as VP.

Obama, Sanders, and Trump ALL did a number on people's view of what kinds of candidates could rise to the top of presidential politics. The only thing they all had in common is, they were all running against Hillary Clinton (and people don't believe me when I say that without Sanders, Martin O'Malley would have been a juggernaut). My view is that it's deep-seated misogyny.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1147 on: March 13, 2018, 09:49:11 AM »

Un-hijabed woman who is willing to have pre-martial sex with a non-Muslim.

Weird how they would pick such an atypical Muslim to conduct sensitivity training.

Kind of like if sensitivity training was conducted by David Clarke.

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1148 on: March 15, 2018, 11:05:00 PM »

I've spent a little time in both, humans are not supposed to live (at least in any great numbers) where Phoenix is.  The environmental costs of people living where people shouldn't live is crazy, and it's expensive in coin too but that's less important because the people living there are paying for it more than I am....but we all get to suffer the environmental degradation.

Yes, people that care about the environment and live in places not suited for humans (ya know, like southern California) are assholes.  Passing laws making plastic bags illegal and watering your grass makes you stupid too.

so Pit, easy as hell.

who even cares about the environment?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1149 on: March 16, 2018, 06:59:24 AM »

The party desperately needs a nominee form the Heartland, nominating someone from Cali just reinforces the coastal elite image the party has.
That seems unfair to the coasts.

Coastals are not as important on the list of Americans to help and get votes from rn.
How silly of me. I forgot we weren't real Americans, and that catering to the heartland is just fine, but when it's to us, then it's identity politics. Even though the majority of Americans live in a coastal state.

That's not the point and you know it. Middle America has bigger problems rn than you guys, and your votes are already there for dems, especially in the west coast. So it is time to focus on middle America.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies