The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:57:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 236755 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: March 16, 2018, 08:44:51 AM »

I've spent a little time in both, humans are not supposed to live (at least in any great numbers) where Phoenix is.  The environmental costs of people living where people shouldn't live is crazy, and it's expensive in coin too but that's less important because the people living there are paying for it more than I am....but we all get to suffer the environmental degradation.

Yes, people that care about the environment and live in places not suited for humans (ya know, like southern California) are assholes.  Passing laws making plastic bags illegal and watering your grass makes you stupid too.

so Pit, easy as hell.

who even cares about the environment?

The previous quote is even worse tbh.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #1151 on: March 16, 2018, 07:38:09 PM »

Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #1152 on: March 16, 2018, 09:21:35 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1153 on: March 17, 2018, 01:49:33 PM »

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1154 on: March 17, 2018, 06:36:05 PM »

Trump is an abusive president. 50% of the population are letting him get away with murder. America will go the way of Russia, the EU will become the light on the hill.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1155 on: March 18, 2018, 11:33:42 AM »

Support, and I don't get why people get so upset about them.  Right to work doesn't mean that workers can't join a union, just that they don't have to.  That's a fundamental part of freedom of association in this country.  I suspect the opposition has more to do with super-rich union bosses afraid of losing their big bucks in union dues.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1156 on: March 19, 2018, 12:32:33 AM »

To millions of ordinary Americans, the Mueller investigation appears to be a politically motivated fishing expedition, being undertaken to discover other embarrassing aspects of Trump's life, and to get the down-low on Trump's tax returns.  Lots of sound and fury comes forth, lots of information that we are told is "troubling", but never really any conclusive proof that Trump should be removed from office.  The counterargument to that assertion is rather unconvincing.  There are many reasons folks could come up with to conclude that they ought not vote for Trump in 2020, but those are POLITICAL questions to be decided at the ballot box.  

Mueller has a 28 favorable - 18 unfavorable rating. People approve of the FBI 48 - 32.

Sure, that means millions of people see Mueller and the FBI as witch hunters.

But millions of people also thought George Bush did 9/11, and they are morons.

The American people are more on the side of Anti-Trump than Pro-Trump, as is shown by the historic landslides democrats have been getting in special elections (overperforming Hillary by 13% which means a 15% D vs R win because Trump lost the popular vote). And this is with the economy being pretty good. Imagine what happens if we get into a recession..................

I'll leave that up to you to imagine.

Until Obamacare was put forth, Democrats did well in special elections in Obama's first term.  There is nnothing "historic" about Connor Lamb's victory.

In 1982, I was a Democratic Committeeman on Long Island.  There was a special election for a vacant State Assembly seat.  The Democrats were outnumbered 3.5 to 1 in registration.  But the Democratic candidate brought in all the resources of Assembly Speaker Stanley Fink's machine.  NYC Democratic regulars came to Suffolk for the day in DROVES to pull out the vote.  And the Democrat didn't just win; he won something like 57-43.  1982 was something of a Democratic year, but not THAT much.

The NJ Democratic Governor gain, the AL Senate gain for Democrats, the VA Governor's race all can be explained by LOCAL factors.  To say that any of these races were a referendum on Trump is pushing it; Trump didn't help, but NJ was due to anti-Christie sentiment, AL was due to Roy Moore's taste for the youngsters, and VA is just flat-out demographics moving in the right direction.  If the trend were all that strong, there'd be a Democrat representing MT in Congress and Jon Ossoff would be "the Honorable" with threads on Atlas asking how he'd do running for President in 2020.

Some people are in for a rude awakening this november
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1157 on: March 19, 2018, 12:40:21 AM »

I don't understand whether Fuzzy is trying to ignore the role the national environment/president plays in midterm/odd-year elections, or if this is just somehow neurons misfiring. The effect a president and by extension, their approval rating, plays on elections under their watch has been obvious for years now, and most if not all analysts accept it.

For instance, Virginia has been trending towards Democrats for years now, but yet the Democratic Party's share of legislative seats didn't really catch up until an unpopular Republican president came along. Interesting! I mean, yes, Democrats fielded lots more candidates this time, but they ran candidates in 2015 in vulnerable districts and still lost, only to win comfortably 2 years later under Trump.

Further, Alabama had Roy Moore, yes, but to say Trump had no effect there at all is preposterous. Jones won by a very slim margin, and had this been under Obama, with a demoralized Democratic base that had an enthusiasm problem, it's very easy to see them not showing up in Alabama either. In fact, it's practically guaranteed if you ask me. Trump made that race possible, and Roy Moore/Jones put it over the line.

I don't get why Fuzzy is ignoring years' worth of understanding of American elections. Politics is not that localized. It just isn't. Everything has become nationalized. If it wasn't, we'd actually have split ticket voting still and everything wouldn't be so polarized. You would probably have to go back 100 years or more to find a time where people voted party line as much as they do nowadays. That does not sound like an environment that 'votes local' like Fuzzy suggests.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1158 on: March 19, 2018, 09:31:48 PM »

How is this a good thing? This just proves the Democratic advantage is packed in already-Dem districts.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1159 on: March 20, 2018, 05:34:11 AM »

"Am I really the only one who would suck a fart out of Ms. Yummy's butthole?"
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1160 on: March 20, 2018, 07:45:50 AM »

^ and now you can see why he's the only poster I have on ignore, and will remain there eternally.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1161 on: March 20, 2018, 05:29:27 PM »

The irony of multi-millonaries talking about the wage gap in this country, especially 3 house Bernie and that fat guy.  Bet you that there was no mention of POC struggle during this circus among those 3 white populists.

POC are going to revolt if they see these two wackos be selected for the Democratic ticket.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1162 on: March 20, 2018, 08:06:54 PM »

The irony of multi-millonaries talking about the wage gap in this country, especially 3 house Bernie and that fat guy.  Bet you that there was no mention of POC struggle during this circus among those 3 white populists.

POC are going to revolt if they see these two wackos be selected for the Democratic ticket.

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1163 on: March 20, 2018, 08:39:16 PM »

Right above you.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1164 on: March 20, 2018, 08:50:32 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2018, 09:19:09 PM by Party Like It's 2006 »

Right above you.
Too be fair this post is so bad it merits inclusion twice.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1165 on: March 20, 2018, 09:04:06 PM »

TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #1166 on: March 20, 2018, 09:49:18 PM »

We don't need low-information voters with barely a high school education being forced to vote in an election for which they know next to nothing. 

According to a study released recently (and here's the article), support for authoritarian rule is strongest among that demographic. 

So, I'm fine with them not voting.

America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1167 on: March 20, 2018, 10:44:35 PM »

Why doesn't JB or Julianna speak Spanish to their people?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1168 on: March 20, 2018, 11:28:03 PM »

Well, now that it's over I can honestly say that it's time to get behind Lipinski, if only to show the rest of the Country that we in the state of Illinois overwhelmingly hate Illinois Nazis.

Thank you for this very mature statement. It is everyone's job to push back against neo-nazis.

It's too late. The guy already got 12,000 votes. It's the biggest show of support for Nazism in American history. And if he loses in a landslide in November, he'll just point to Le Pen's loss in 2002 and reassert that history is on his side.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1169 on: March 21, 2018, 01:03:42 AM »

There is no discernible difference between evolution denial and believing a fetus is a person.

I'm fine with other beliefs, but not ones that are objectively false.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1170 on: March 21, 2018, 06:47:13 AM »

Well, now that it's over I can honestly say that it's time to get behind Lipinski, if only to show the rest of the Country that we in the state of Illinois overwhelmingly hate Illinois Nazis.

Thank you for this very mature statement. It is everyone's job to push back against neo-nazis.

It's too late. The guy already got 12,000 votes. It's the biggest show of support for Nazism in American history. And if he loses in a landslide in November, he'll just point to Le Pen's loss in 2002 and reassert that history is on his side.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_gubernatorial_election,_1991
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1171 on: March 21, 2018, 07:37:54 AM »

Most of those people probably were not aware of that, especially with only one candidate. Despite the numbers, we should always push back against neo-nazis.

I'm a bit late to the thread, as I just recently got off work and then had had to do a system restore thanks to Microsoft....

So from what I gather we had a Conservative Democratic that is Anti-Choice win in a heavily Democratic district in Chicago and the immediate suburban areas against a Progressive and Pro-Choice Dem?

The part that I might well be missing here is where is Lipinski's record or history as a Neo-Nazi or European style Fascist?Huh

I don't take this lightly, considering that my Sister is Jewish and in my younger years a few decades back participated in various "Antifa" style demonstrations against the Nazi scum trying to take over our neighborhoods in the Pacific Northwest as well as the Industrial States of the Midwest, and a few years after getting out of College in the Midwest came back to my small Oregon Town and within a year a Native American Homeless man was murdered by two White Supremacists barely a year out of the State Pen....

Hey---- I would rather the Progressive Dem have won this race, but anyone accusing a Polish-American of being a Nazi sounds a bit off in my book...

But since I was late to the Party and most of the thread appears to have been various arguments regarding Abortion and the like and various hyperbole between several different Atlas factions instead of maybe some awesome precinct and ward maps for this primary compared and contrasted against '16 and '08 DEM PRES PRIM results, not to mention statewide Primary elections maybe matched up with Socio-Demographic Maps of CD-03, etc....

Alas, I left this thread feeling emptier than I did before I started reading, and no hard feelings to anyone involved in the passion of the moment.... Smiley

So Lipinsky will likely limp along until 2020 where he loses with a higher Primary turnout and still votes overwhelmingly with the Dems in the 'House on in the interim on virtually all significant issues.

I recall writing a 300 College Level History 15 Page paper back in the early '90s about changing and comparative voting habits in Chicago between 1848 and 1860 as various Ethnic Europeans moved into the cities in large numbers when it was the fastest growing town in America.

Chicago is one of those cities where Ethnic Politics still play heavy, especially in a Democratic Primary.

Fine... the US House doesn't determine Reproductive Rights nor Marriage Equality, and let's say the House flips in 2018, this guy will likely be on the same train as most Dems.

Progressives move on, nothing to see here and there's another election down in the line in a Safe Dem district.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1172 on: March 21, 2018, 05:53:31 PM »

Honestly if Lipinski wins at least I won't get the read a weeks worth of screaming over how all Dems must agree on social issues. I don't want populists out of the party.

Is Lipinski really a populist? Is Newman an elitist?
Newman is clearly the SJW/Clintonian candidate.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1173 on: March 22, 2018, 01:58:59 AM »

Most of those people probably were not aware of that, especially with only one candidate. Despite the numbers, we should always push back against neo-nazis.

I'm a bit late to the thread, as I just recently got off work and then had had to do a system restore thanks to Microsoft....

So from what I gather we had a Conservative Democratic that is Anti-Choice win in a heavily Democratic district in Chicago and the immediate suburban areas against a Progressive and Pro-Choice Dem?

The part that I might well be missing here is where is Lipinski's record or history as a Neo-Nazi or European style Fascist?Huh

I don't take this lightly, considering that my Sister is Jewish and in my younger years a few decades back participated in various "Antifa" style demonstrations against the Nazi scum trying to take over our neighborhoods in the Pacific Northwest as well as the Industrial States of the Midwest, and a few years after getting out of College in the Midwest came back to my small Oregon Town and within a year a Native American Homeless man was murdered by two White Supremacists barely a year out of the State Pen....

Hey---- I would rather the Progressive Dem have won this race, but anyone accusing a Polish-American of being a Nazi sounds a bit off in my book...

But since I was late to the Party and most of the thread appears to have been various arguments regarding Abortion and the like and various hyperbole between several different Atlas factions instead of maybe some awesome precinct and ward maps for this primary compared and contrasted against '16 and '08 DEM PRES PRIM results, not to mention statewide Primary elections maybe matched up with Socio-Demographic Maps of CD-03, etc....

Alas, I left this thread feeling emptier than I did before I started reading, and no hard feelings to anyone involved in the passion of the moment.... Smiley

So Lipinsky will likely limp along until 2020 where he loses with a higher Primary turnout and still votes overwhelmingly with the Dems in the 'House on in the interim on virtually all significant issues.

I recall writing a 300 College Level History 15 Page paper back in the early '90s about changing and comparative voting habits in Chicago between 1848 and 1860 as various Ethnic Europeans moved into the cities in large numbers when it was the fastest growing town in America.

Chicago is one of those cities where Ethnic Politics still play heavy, especially in a Democratic Primary.

Fine... the US House doesn't determine Reproductive Rights nor Marriage Equality, and let's say the House flips in 2018, this guy will likely be on the same train as most Dems.

Progressives move on, nothing to see here and there's another election down in the line in a Safe Dem district.

calling opponents of aboriton "anti-choice" is dumb but otherwise I don't see how this is a bad post.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1174 on: March 22, 2018, 03:00:41 AM »

Not sure if this had to go to the comedy goldmine or here.

Remember at the time of these alleged offences, Donald Trump was a Democrat.

Since converting to the Republican side, the number of sexual indiscretions reported against "The Don" has dropped 92%, statistically speaking.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies