The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:27:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 236849 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: March 22, 2018, 03:27:23 AM »

Well, now that it's over I can honestly say that it's time to get behind Lipinski, if only to show the rest of the Country that we in the state of Illinois overwhelmingly hate Illinois Nazis.

Thank you for this very mature statement. It is everyone's job to push back against neo-nazis.

It's too late. The guy already got 12,000 votes. It's the biggest show of support for Nazism in American history. And if he loses in a landslide in November, he'll just point to Le Pen's loss in 2002 and reassert that history is on his side.

Most of those people probably were not aware of that, especially with only one candidate. Despite the numbers, we should always push back against neo-nazis.

I'm a bit late to the thread, as I just recently got off work and then had had to do a system restore thanks to Microsoft....

So from what I gather we had a Conservative Democratic that is Anti-Choice win in a heavily Democratic district in Chicago and the immediate suburban areas against a Progressive and Pro-Choice Dem?

The part that I might well be missing here is where is Lipinski's record or history as a Neo-Nazi or European style Fascist?Huh

I don't take this lightly, considering that my Sister is Jewish and in my younger years a few decades back participated in various "Antifa" style demonstrations against the Nazi scum trying to take over our neighborhoods in the Pacific Northwest as well as the Industrial States of the Midwest, and a few years after getting out of College in the Midwest came back to my small Oregon Town and within a year a Native American Homeless man was murdered by two White Supremacists barely a year out of the State Pen....

Hey---- I would rather the Progressive Dem have won this race, but anyone accusing a Polish-American of being a Nazi sounds a bit off in my book...

But since I was late to the Party and most of the thread appears to have been various arguments regarding Abortion and the like and various hyperbole between several different Atlas factions instead of maybe some awesome precinct and ward maps for this primary compared and contrasted against '16 and '08 DEM PRES PRIM results, not to mention statewide Primary elections maybe matched up with Socio-Demographic Maps of CD-03, etc....

Alas, I left this thread feeling emptier than I did before I started reading, and no hard feelings to anyone involved in the passion of the moment.... Smiley

So Lipinsky will likely limp along until 2020 where he loses with a higher Primary turnout and still votes overwhelmingly with the Dems in the 'House on in the interim on virtually all significant issues.

I recall writing a 300 College Level History 15 Page paper back in the early '90s about changing and comparative voting habits in Chicago between 1848 and 1860 as various Ethnic Europeans moved into the cities in large numbers when it was the fastest growing town in America.

Chicago is one of those cities where Ethnic Politics still play heavy, especially in a Democratic Primary.

Fine... the US House doesn't determine Reproductive Rights nor Marriage Equality, and let's say the House flips in 2018, this guy will likely be on the same train as most Dems.

Progressives move on, nothing to see here and there's another election down in the line in a Safe Dem district.

calling opponents of aboriton "anti-choice" is dumb but otherwise I don't see how this is a bad post.

BRTD has had some issues with me going a few years back, and I suspect that I am just his favorite whipping boy of the day, less for the content of my post and more for the Antifa European image I posted on the bottom of the post....

BRTD although he is an extremely intelligent and educated individual on a wide variety of issues suffers from the classic "Atlas Godfather" style of posting history, where instead of providing much in the real way of any significant insights to the subject at hand, allows his egotistic and self-aggrandizing ego to run amok because of his extensive posting history over the past decade.

In recent years, unfortunately his quality of posting has degenerated dramatically to the point where his excessively combative style of discussion has not only alienated most Republicans/Independent/ 3rd Party avatar, and even the vast majority of Democratic avatars that have been around these parts for a decade, to the point he now mainly resides within the oasis of AAD, where roughly 50% of his time is spent critiquing posters on Public Atlas without their knowledge and occasionally shows up on "Old Atlas" to flame posters on a wide variety of issues. (Allow yourself to be invited to AAD if you don't believe me).

Quite frankly if I wasn't in my '40s would be halfway tempted to put the guy on "Ignore", since the only reason I can think why he singles out various "Old Atlas" individuals at various times is because  we might have disagreed with him during the 2016 Democratic Primaries, Foreign Policy Issues, being too friendly with Republican Posters on Atlas, etc....

Don't know what the Dude's issues are, but trust me his recent behavior over the past two to three years has become extremely erratic and essentially promoting a single individual's vision of ideological puritanism where any kind of rationale debate and discussion has become sacrificed under the altar of the "BRTD Universe"....

Just my two cents, and if the BRTD Dude sitting on his fat couch all day gets his rocks off trying to score cheap points after I logged into Atlas after a 12 Hour Factory shift to look at the results from IL wants to call my post "absurd or ignorant", maybe he should walk the shop floor with me and my fellow workers to see how well his faux Liberal intellectualism plays when it comes to the major social, political, and economic issues of our times.

OK---- probably slightly overdid it there slightly deliberately on excessive hyberbole, so that BRTD will requote this as another "absurd and ignorant post", or go over to AAD to see how many times he has posted the previous and the current, as he does on a daily basis and is his favorite thread on that Forum.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1176 on: March 22, 2018, 03:40:25 AM »

Well, now that it's over I can honestly say that it's time to get behind Lipinski, if only to show the rest of the Country that we in the state of Illinois overwhelmingly hate Illinois Nazis.

Thank you for this very mature statement. It is everyone's job to push back against neo-nazis.

It's too late. The guy already got 12,000 votes. It's the biggest show of support for Nazism in American history. And if he loses in a landslide in November, he'll just point to Le Pen's loss in 2002 and reassert that history is on his side.

Most of those people probably were not aware of that, especially with only one candidate. Despite the numbers, we should always push back against neo-nazis.

I'm a bit late to the thread, as I just recently got off work and then had had to do a system restore thanks to Microsoft....

So from what I gather we had a Conservative Democratic that is Anti-Choice win in a heavily Democratic district in Chicago and the immediate suburban areas against a Progressive and Pro-Choice Dem?

The part that I might well be missing here is where is Lipinski's record or history as a Neo-Nazi or European style Fascist?Huh

I don't take this lightly, considering that my Sister is Jewish and in my younger years a few decades back participated in various "Antifa" style demonstrations against the Nazi scum trying to take over our neighborhoods in the Pacific Northwest as well as the Industrial States of the Midwest, and a few years after getting out of College in the Midwest came back to my small Oregon Town and within a year a Native American Homeless man was murdered by two White Supremacists barely a year out of the State Pen....

Hey---- I would rather the Progressive Dem have won this race, but anyone accusing a Polish-American of being a Nazi sounds a bit off in my book...

But since I was late to the Party and most of the thread appears to have been various arguments regarding Abortion and the like and various hyperbole between several different Atlas factions instead of maybe some awesome precinct and ward maps for this primary compared and contrasted against '16 and '08 DEM PRES PRIM results, not to mention statewide Primary elections maybe matched up with Socio-Demographic Maps of CD-03, etc....

Alas, I left this thread feeling emptier than I did before I started reading, and no hard feelings to anyone involved in the passion of the moment.... Smiley

So Lipinsky will likely limp along until 2020 where he loses with a higher Primary turnout and still votes overwhelmingly with the Dems in the 'House on in the interim on virtually all significant issues.

I recall writing a 300 College Level History 15 Page paper back in the early '90s about changing and comparative voting habits in Chicago between 1848 and 1860 as various Ethnic Europeans moved into the cities in large numbers when it was the fastest growing town in America.

Chicago is one of those cities where Ethnic Politics still play heavy, especially in a Democratic Primary.

Fine... the US House doesn't determine Reproductive Rights nor Marriage Equality, and let's say the House flips in 2018, this guy will likely be on the same train as most Dems.

Progressives move on, nothing to see here and there's another election down in the line in a Safe Dem district.

calling opponents of aboriton "anti-choice" is dumb but otherwise I don't see how this is a bad post.

Because it's talking about people calling Lipinski a Nazi when that very clearly was about his Republican opponent. No one actually called Lipinski a Nazi.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1177 on: March 22, 2018, 08:45:01 PM »

I'm not so sure he'll win the general election.  This district's better off with a moderate Republican.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1178 on: March 23, 2018, 08:59:08 AM »

This is why it should have been done covertly against them and not out in the open.

This is how it should have been done:

1. Sign Free Trade Agreements with other countries all around the world(like India, the Pacific Countries, Latin America)

2. Once a new free trade deal is signed, and say that country(or countries) we just signed a free trade deal with can give us the same products China is giving us at around the same price, you impose tariffs on China on those products.At the same time though dont tariff any other country for that product(this will incentivize corporations in the US to get products from these new countries and not China)

3. Then once corporations start to get more of their products from these other countries, you will have reduced the reliance on US trade with China

4. Once the reliance on trade with China has been greatly reduced with China(and only once this has been achieved) , you can tell them to end their unfair trade practices, and expansionist foreign policy or we will go full on protectionist against you .
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1179 on: March 23, 2018, 02:02:14 PM »

This is why it should have been done covertly against them and not out in the open.

1. Sign Free Trade Agreements with other countries all around the world(like India, the Pacific Countries, Latin America)

2. Once a new free trade deal is signed, and say that country(or countries) we just signed a free trade deal with can give us the same products China is giving us at around the same price, you impose tariffs on China on those products.At the same time though dont tariff any other country for that product(this will incentivize corporations in the US to get products from these new countries and not China)

3. Then once corporations start to get more of their products from these other countries, you will have reduced the reliance on US trade with China

4. Once the reliance on trade with China has been greatly reduced with China(and only once this has been achieved) , you can tell them to end their unfair trade practices, and expansionist foreign policy or we will go full on protectionist against you .

you know Mitt Romney proposed a similar plan to that

Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1180 on: March 23, 2018, 03:00:55 PM »

you know Mitt Romney proposed a similar plan to that

Romney's a dumb**s.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1181 on: March 23, 2018, 05:57:02 PM »

I could be wrong but from what I gather, a literal holocaust denier won as the sole candidate in the GOP primary in the same district, and I assume that's who the Nazi references are to.

yeah and then a couple posters engaging in some absurd hyperbole claiming that a Nazi is somehow equivalent or preferable to a conservative Democrat

btw NOVA he was endorsed by IL AFL-CIO most of the blue collar unions, so you can like that about him.  My impression is he benefits in 2020 from higher primary turnout, unless there's a challenger that can break through and appeal to the urban hispanic/black/'ethnic' vote.

I never claimed it was equivalent. I said Dems should cast blank ballots for House to make the vote closer than expected in order to remind Lipinski that he needs their support too.

I mean I would cast a blank vote if it were between Newman and the Nazi guy so I can't really complain about doing that, though I'm not sure about your rationale here making much sense.  Seems like some others were saying something more extreme though.

A Nazi vs. someone who doesn't hate gay people. Hmmm, tough decision, I think I'd cast a blank vote too.

She hates babies who will never have the chance to be gay.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1182 on: March 23, 2018, 06:58:24 PM »

Because it's talking about people calling Lipinski a Nazi when that very clearly was about his Republican opponent. No one actually called Lipinski a Nazi.

FINE, as my wife sometimes says in a wide variety of intonations depending upon the circumstances....

As I pretty clearly stated at the beginning of my post, I had just gotten off working a swing-shift job on the West Coast and was just dialing in on the election results.

Additionally, I had to wade through pages and pages in a short period of time to get caught up, since on election nights where I rarely have the luxury of being able to follow results in real time in Central and Eastern Time Zone districts, and usually start by looking at the topline numbers elsewhere and then going back to the beginning of the Atlas Election thread, in order to be able to at least feel like I am seeing the results, discussion, and analysis coming in live.

The vast majority of these posts were arguments regarding abortion, and Lipinski's Conservative Dem voting record, many of which were verging on the absurd when it came to the candidates and race in question.

For YOU and some of the others observing this live, it was "obvious", to many of the rest of us it wasn't nearly as obvious as you make it out to be.

I might give you a few points in the BRTD Tennis match for the "absurd" category since I said:

"The part that I might well be missing here is where is Lipinski's record or history as a Neo-Nazi or European style Fascist?Huh" and a few paragraphs later:

"Hey---- I would rather the Progressive Dem have won this race, but anyone accusing a Polish-American of being a Nazi sounds a bit off in my book..."

Still, anyone that actually read my full post realized that I was just logging into the election results, not realizing that a Neo-Nazi won the 'Pub Primary (Since most of the wrangling was about the Dem Primary results), and basically saying let's move forward and does anyone have maps about the various shifts within the Democratic Coalition within this district....

BRTD: Although I'll give you a few minor points for the "absurd" section of this sub-forum for my post, and certainly respect your overall knowledge, intellect, and background on a wide variety of political, social, and economic issues, I still stand by my "constructive" criticism regarding your tendency to "Seagull" Old Atlas, then repost on Atlas After Dark (AAD), especially when it involves posters with whom in the past you have had fundamental disagreements with on a wide variety of topics, and essentially in recent years take cheap pot shots, and then retreat elsewhere to show how bad Atlas Forum is, despite the fact that there are still some "Old Skool" posters still here such as myself with 10 Years of posting history, that are willing to discuss, debate, and analyze a variety of political items, regardless of the posters avatar, party identification, political positions, age, etc.....

I still stick around this joint for one of my major hobbies, doing deeper dives into election results down to the precinct and demographic level with compare/contrast etc, and honestly this is the best place currently on the internet where one can conduct research projects based upon raw data, run it through peer review for discussion and debate in order to contribute to the overall body of knowledge....

Almost all of my posts are generally data driven detailed election result analysis overlapped with demographics and Census Data, and I rarely dive into many of the sub-forums, and believe that I have provided a significant benefit in my posts, without hiding behind a Paywall or invite-only private Forum, to contribute the overall Political Science body of knowledge.

Sir, what lately have you done to contribute the scientific pursuit of American Political Science on Old Atlas?Huh

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Seagull
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #1183 on: March 24, 2018, 06:13:35 PM »

Every babbling moron at these rallies will drive 3 voters out of the Democratic Party. President Trump will rally the Silent Majority behind the 2nd amendment.

Ironic that he's the one complaining about "babbling morons".
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1184 on: March 24, 2018, 06:55:27 PM »

Since they're part of the same thread I'll just keep them on one post:

Wow, the amount of grown adults on here berating a bunch of pissed off kids is disgusting. Sit down, it’s time for change.

Who gives a sh**t how David Hogg talks? I see you guys are struggling with finding ways to rebut a bunch of victims of gun violence.

Yeah it’s clear you’re all on the side of confiscating guns. But let me tell you something amigo, one of my friends from school got shot once (stray bullet from a gang drive by) and she carry’s a gun now and feels much safer. She didn’t feel the need to bitch and go around trying to ban guns, she went out, got certified and carry’s now. Besides it’s obvious where hogg is coming from. I believe his family is full of democrat apparatchiks

Keep watching info war you lunatic. Can't wait to taste your conservative tears when the government starts coming for your AR-15's.

The salty tears of bronz and the R-avatars are delicious! Wink

I support the assault weapons ban, but talking about ending gun culture is saying ending hunting. Admit it.

Yes. God forbid we "ban hunting."
We just might all starve and die.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1185 on: March 24, 2018, 06:58:02 PM »

Our Republican posters show once again what sh**tty human beings they are.

He's more like the next Cindy Sheehan, just a rich kid with well connected parents who is the prop of the month
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1186 on: March 24, 2018, 07:01:15 PM »

He's more like the next Cindy Sheehan, just a rich kid with well connected parents who is the prop of the month

Pretty sure you meant to post this in the simple truths thread.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1187 on: March 24, 2018, 07:04:06 PM »

Pretty sure you meant to post this in the simple truths thread.

Pretty sure he wasn't talking about you.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1188 on: March 25, 2018, 07:15:52 PM »

This is just  craven attempt by Harris to curry favour with Berniecrats.
Disappointing doesn't even begin to describe it.

Oh, it's so disappointing that she's trying to reach out to party factions that are lukewarm about her. She should be a good establishment hack like Hillary and ignore/mock them instead.

LOL, Clinton bent over backwards to accommodate Bernie bros, and yet they still did everything they could to undermine her.
You can't reach out to cultists and Harris is going to find it out first-hand too.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1189 on: March 25, 2018, 07:59:09 PM »

MaineIAC, since he has said he suffers from depression.
Huh, I guess that's why he acts like such a jerk, at least there is still karma yet.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1190 on: March 25, 2018, 11:24:15 PM »

No. Jesus Christ likely never existed even as a human and even if he did he was certainly not the "son of God".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1191 on: March 25, 2018, 11:39:48 PM »

Oh my God this is SOOOOO dumb.

This is interesting.

Also a question - are non natives living in tribal land under tribal jurisdiction?

Lack of precedent. Non-natives can’t live on reservations.

I ACTUALLY LIVED ON A RESERVATION FOR NINE YEARS HOW CAN YOU SAY SOMETHING SO OBVIOUSLY WRONG
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1192 on: March 26, 2018, 12:43:38 AM »

MaineIAC, since he has said he suffers from depression.
Huh, I guess that's why he acts like such a jerk, at least there is still karma yet.

Basically how I feel about this whole situation:

omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1193 on: March 26, 2018, 08:18:07 AM »

She’s clearly been involved in far left politics since before the shooting judging by her hair style.
Hwat.

Unless someone had cancer or otherwise exposed to radiation (which she doesn’t) a chick with a wiffle is 999 Times out of 1000 on the left fringe of the spectrum and is probably a hard core feminist skinhead/SJW

Huh?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

(Source)

I think she’s attractive, however, that probably has to do with the fact that I have a fetish for women with short hair (I also think Katy Perry’s hot).

Most of this quotepile
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1194 on: March 26, 2018, 10:36:02 AM »

She’s clearly been involved in far left politics since before the shooting judging by her hair style.
Hwat.

Unless someone had cancer or otherwise exposed to radiation (which she doesn’t) a chick with a wiffle is 999 Times out of 1000 on the left fringe of the spectrum and is probably a hard core feminist skinhead/SJW

Huh?

(Source)

I think she’s attractive, however, that probably has to do with the fact that I have a fetish for women with short hair (I also think Katy Perry’s hot).

Most of this quotepile
Except for the last one, which I begrudgingly agree with.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1195 on: March 26, 2018, 10:45:52 AM »

Hwat.

Huh?

(Source)

Most of this quotepile
Except for the last one, which I begrudgingly agree with.
Um, no. The last one is pure creep.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1196 on: March 27, 2018, 12:55:23 AM »

Oh my God this is SOOOOO dumb.

This is interesting.

Also a question - are non natives living in tribal land under tribal jurisdiction?

Lack of precedent. Non-natives can’t live on reservations.

I ACTUALLY LIVED ON A RESERVATION FOR NINE YEARS HOW CAN YOU SAY SOMETHING SO OBVIOUSLY WRONG

Yeah gotta agree that Kingpoleon should I have checked on this or posted as a question before stating as fact....

I suspect that many of us that that have lived within places like the Pacific Northwest / Mountain West/ Upper Midwest, as well as parts of the Great Plains, Upstate New York, and New England for any significant period of time tend to be a bit more aware of the whole Native Lands (Reservation) scene than those who grew up in the Southeast and many parts of the Central Atlantic States....

It's not unusual at all to have "Non-Natives" living on Native Land for a wide variety of reasons, with one of the most common being individuals employed by Tribal Corporate entities, not to mention that part of the "forced assimilation" of Native Americans, involved shifting Collective Property to Private Property, so obviously in many situations Natives can rent/sell to Non-Natives, even on Native Land.

Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1197 on: March 27, 2018, 02:48:03 AM »

Toughen up Princess.

It's good practice for when you own your own business.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1198 on: March 27, 2018, 08:28:09 AM »

I am praying for the production employees of Remington Arms in both upstate NY and Alabama who will be affected by this.

These people work an honest job producing honest products that are necessary in the world as it is.  It's kind of nauseating to read the posts of folks who have never worked for a living celebrating the looming hardship of honest working class folks that produce the products Remington Arms manufactures.
This

I get the feeling you lot would be praying for the poor employees of Degesch after Auschwitz,  Dachau, and Buchenwald were shut down.

Absolutely everything is Nazis except extreme anti-semitism.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1199 on: March 27, 2018, 12:28:06 PM »

(During a discussion about Marco Rubio)

Because he is an unprincipled empty suit, like John Edwards.

But anyone who criticizes Hillary is a right-winger? LOL!

Peak jfern?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies