The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:26:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 236697 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: April 16, 2018, 10:51:18 AM »

I feel confident in saying anyone who supports Andrew Cuomo is 100% unloved by anyone in this world, including themselves.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1326 on: April 16, 2018, 01:07:22 PM »

I feel confident in saying anyone who supports Andrew Cuomo is 100% unloved by anyone in this world, including themselves.
This isn’t the simple truths thread Lyndon
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1327 on: April 16, 2018, 10:20:34 PM »

Abortion: Ask Congress for a constitutional amendment similar to the one Tennessee passed in 2014 (or that Alabama is voting on this year) giving Congress authority to regulate abortion except for rape, incest, or medical necessity.

Tennessee's amendment makes for no exceptions and states so very clearly in the text.  For me, every thing I did would be to ban abortion nationwide and without exceptions.  Then, I would put pressure on foreign countries with massive sanctions on any country that allows abortion, possibly including a travel ban.  I might even go so far to declare war on every country that has legal abortion if the sanctions were not working because it is that important to end abortion worldwide and save millions (billions?) of lives.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1328 on: April 16, 2018, 11:43:23 PM »

Abortion: Ask Congress for a constitutional amendment similar to the one Tennessee passed in 2014 (or that Alabama is voting on this year) giving Congress authority to regulate abortion except for rape, incest, or medical necessity.

Tennessee's amendment makes for no exceptions and states so very clearly in the text.  For me, every thing I did would be to ban abortion nationwide and without exceptions.  Then, I would put pressure on foreign countries with massive sanctions on any country that allows abortion, possibly including a travel ban.  I might even go so far to declare war on every country that has legal abortion if the sanctions were not working because it is that important to end abortion worldwide and save millions (billions?) of lives.

Wow this is sickening.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1329 on: April 17, 2018, 07:41:56 AM »

If anything, Ukraine would interfere on behalf of Trump.  Obama did nothing when Ukraine was invaded by Russia, and Trump is actually helping Ukraine, by selling Ukraine coal, because the rebels are interfering with the coal mines in eastern Ukraine, and by selling them weapons.  I am deeply disappointed by the posts that are going on in this thread.  I expected better.
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.74, S: 7.22

« Reply #1330 on: April 17, 2018, 08:08:05 AM »

Make fun of me all you want, but I'm right.  Trump is helping Ukraine.  I'm sorry you are so ignorant.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1331 on: April 17, 2018, 08:24:01 AM »

Aside of the whole "should/shouldn't intervene" silliness in said thread, he's not really wrong.

Assuming, as some likes to believe (and I myself wouldn't rule such possibility out), Trump wanted to accommodate Russia as much as possible, he can't do it precisely to avoid "I'm a Putin puppet" stigma. In other words, he's got to be "more Catholic than the Pope."

In a way, Putin really f**ked himself with his meddling. Had Hillary won, she would be reasonably pissed for his efforts to sabotage her. Having Trump winning did little for him as well.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1332 on: April 17, 2018, 08:27:08 AM »

In other words, he's got to be "more Catholic than the Pope."
Not hard with the current antipope.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1333 on: April 17, 2018, 08:27:24 AM »

Make fun of me all you want, but I'm right.  Trump is helping Ukraine.  I'm sorry you are so ignorant.

Lol, keep thinking that son.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1334 on: April 17, 2018, 08:32:47 AM »

I always feel dirty when I have to say something that would remotely be akin to defending Trump, but his policies regarding Ukraine are no more "Putin friendly" than Obama administration's. We're talking about a serious geopolitical situation here.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1335 on: April 17, 2018, 08:39:26 AM »

I always feel dirty when I have to say something that would remotely be akin to defending Trump, but his policies regarding Ukraine are no more "Putin friendly" than Obama administration's. We're talking about a serious geopolitical situation here.

True, but he's not actively helping them either and is actively trying to help Putin so it's a big joke.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1336 on: April 17, 2018, 09:40:16 AM »

Aside of the whole "should/shouldn't intervene" silliness in said thread, he's not really wrong.

Assuming, as some likes to believe (and I myself wouldn't rule such possibility out), Trump wanted to accommodate Russia as much as possible, he can't do it precisely to avoid "I'm a Putin puppet" stigma. In other words, he's got to be "more Catholic than the Pope."

In a way, Putin really f**ked himself with his meddling. Had Hillary won, she would be reasonably pissed for his efforts to sabotage her. Having Trump winning did little for him as well.

Trump indicated he wanted to veto the most recent Russia sanctions bill. He only didn't because the vote in favor was overwhelmingly able to override a veto.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1337 on: April 17, 2018, 12:49:55 PM »

Marvelous news!!! The administrative state as currently in practice is evil and needs to be strangled. This would benefit persons of all ideologies from subversive regs which avoid the legislative process.
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1338 on: April 17, 2018, 01:04:52 PM »

True, but he's not actively helping them either and is actively trying to help Putin so it's a big joke.

But he is helping Ukraine.  But don't let facts interrupt your political narrative.
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1339 on: April 17, 2018, 01:05:58 PM »

Trump has helped Ukraine significantly more than Obama did.  This is fact. 
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1340 on: April 17, 2018, 01:10:57 PM »

I’d have to agree more with Mr. Burch here; regardless of the Presudent’s intentions, relations with Russia have become more hostile, not less, since the election (the recent news on sanctions notwithstanding). As the poster above has already mentioned, we’re seeing coal and arms shipments to Ukraine; meanwhile, we have stood by Britain on not just Skripal, but other issues as well. Attribute this to his administration rather than Trump himself, if you like, but that’s beside the point. Does anyone really think Clinton would take us to war with Russia?

Now, if you want to play the metagame and say Trump looking foolish helps Russia or whatever, that is a substantively different discussion, and you win no points for honesty if you insist with your oblique complaints.
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1341 on: April 17, 2018, 01:30:21 PM »

I’d have to agree more with Mr. Burch here; regardless of the Presudent’s intentions, relations with Russia have become more hostile, not less, since the election (the recent news on sanctions notwithstanding). As the poster above has already mentioned, we’re seeing coal and arms shipments to Ukraine; meanwhile, we have stood by Britain on not just Skripal, but other issues as well. Attribute this to his administration rather than Trump himself, if you like, but that’s beside the point. Does anyone really think Clinton would take us to war with Russia?

Now, if you want to play the metagame and say Trump looking foolish helps Russia or whatever, that is a substantively different discussion, and you win no points for honesty if you insist with your oblique complaints.

Thanks.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1342 on: April 17, 2018, 02:19:24 PM »

Does anyone really think Clinton would take us to war with Russia?

I didn't think Clinton or Trump would stand up to Russia, which is why I voted for McMullin lol
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1343 on: April 17, 2018, 03:23:38 PM »

This is a very good thing.

See, I along with millions of other Americans, get the impression that America used to do things more well and more efficiently. So when we see that things ran smooth, then they changed and suddenly run badly, we then find ourselves wanting to reverse those changes.

It's not just regulations. It's the entire globalist-state that began sometime when I was super young in the 1990s.

Many rules, policies, regulations, regarding business, health care or other venues stems back to "fear of being sued." This is why we must also re-evaluate lawyers, frivolous lawsuits, and other malicious prosecutions that lead to paranoia in industry, medical fields and business. Remove the 'fear of being sued" and soon you will have a dramatic drop in over-regulations.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1344 on: April 17, 2018, 03:45:13 PM »

Needs some context
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1345 on: April 17, 2018, 04:59:55 PM »

Reaganfan at it again

Many posts. Infact, I would say atleast 75% I was like "REALLY?"

I informed an old poster from this forum when I was banned for a week and his response was, "Did they really ban you for THAT?" or "How the hell could they do that to a legend?"

I've begun to realize what the left does. They say they will weed out anything they deem offensive and politically correct, and then they basically make being a traditionalist conservative politically incorrect so they can then stifle the viewpoints.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1346 on: April 17, 2018, 05:35:11 PM »

This is a very good thing.

See, I along with millions of other Americans, get the impression that America used to do things more well and more efficiently. So when we see that things ran smooth, then they changed and suddenly run badly, we then find ourselves wanting to reverse those changes.

It's not just regulations. It's the entire globalist-state that began sometime when I was super young in the 1990s.

Many rules, policies, regulations, regarding business, health care or other venues stems back to "fear of being sued." This is why we must also re-evaluate lawyers, frivolous lawsuits, and other malicious prosecutions that lead to paranoia in industry, medical fields and business. Remove the 'fear of being sued" and soon you will have a dramatic drop in over-regulations.

'in the 1990s'

dude America has been the most litigious society on Earth for its entire existence lol
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1347 on: April 17, 2018, 05:59:59 PM »

If I were Qatar, I'd build a land bridge to Iran then.

Do that and you’ll have SA and the Sunni countries carpetbombing the bridge

Good, will give the West a reason to do what should have been done 60 years ago. Bombing Riyad and the Saud family into obilivion.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1348 on: April 17, 2018, 06:00:30 PM »

Russia starts messing with ballots in the primaries to ensure Trump gets the nomination.

Russia must have rigged the Democratic primaries, so that a candidate weak enough to lose to Trump got nominated.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1349 on: April 17, 2018, 09:51:06 PM »

National Democrats liked Huffstetler the best, but they also thought Jay Hulings, Ed Meier, and Alex Triantaphyllis would be the best in Texas, soooo. Looks like he's going to be joining the rank of strong fundraisers who DC wanted but flopped when it came to getting actual votes.

Jay Hulings, Ed Meier, and Alex Triantaphyllis kind of were the best.... primary electorate isn't the general electorate.

Only if you have a strong preference for male candidates. Gina Ortiz Jones and Lizzie Fletcher were the top vote-getters for a good reason.

By that logic, Christine O'Donnell was a stronger candidate than Mike Castle.

You’re strawmanning because you don’t want to confront your biases. People on Atlas are biased against female candidates, along with much of the DC establishment, which is why they supported candidates like Alex T and ignored their serious issues, like him not even living in the district.

Or you could just...you know...be wrong and making an argument that doesn’t hold up well under scrutiny as a result.  And if you don’t like that example, how about Richard Mourdock and Todd Akin?

Hey, the site is <95% male, and it has a bias towards male candidates, I'm just pointing that out. Yes, sometimes the winners aren't the best candidates, but in the cases I pointed out above, they were the best candidates.

Alex T (he didn't live in the district), Meier (he didn't have much of a profile besides "Clinton fundraiser"), and Hulings (he had laid off a good chunk of campaign staff right before the primary, that's not a good sign) had serious issues, but the biases of Atlas users and the DC establishment caused them to overlook it.

I supported Jones in the primary.  All I’m saying is you shouldn’t assume everyone who thinks Alex T or that Levin is a better candidate than Jacobs without being a sexist.

Are you saying that there is no bias against women on the forums or among DC in general? Pointing out the bias isn’t me crying out sexism.

I’m not saying there isn’t a lot of bias, but some races where the most electable candidate happens to be a man even though he has a female primary opponent.  Supporting a male candidate over a female primary opponent b/c he’s the most electable candidate isn’t bias against women, it’s simply prioritizing retaking Congress over potentially blowing competitive races by making an empty symbolic gesture.  I support Radinovich over Phifer in MN-8 b/c he can win the GE and she can’t.  I’d support Radinovich just as strongly if the candidates’ name were Jane Radinovich and Lee Phifer.  Right now, my first choice for 2020 is a Gillibrand/Brown ticket.  I’m supporting Amy McGrath over Jim Gray in KY-6.  I’m supporting Kate Browning in NY-1.  I could go on, but the point is that you shouldn’t be so quick to assume that everyone is motivated by gender bias with this stuff.

Please do go on, because you in particular seem to be against equity in Congress, by calling it an empty gesture. I assume you don’t care whether women make up 5% or 50%, so if you really don’t care about advancing the rights of women and minorities by increasing their representation, then maybe you should reconsider your affiliation as a Democrat. The party of white men is on the other side.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies