The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 09:22:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 239956 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: April 29, 2018, 07:40:37 PM »

Optimism is fine.

The problem here is Trump is delusional. Even the most optimistic Republican operative has entertain the thought that the midterms could be bad. Trump is not even doing that.

The midterms could be "bad", but I doubt that the GOP will lose the Senate, and I really doubt they'll lose the House (although they'll lose seats; that's for sure).

I do believe that the Democrats will elect new Governors in a slew of states and take back a few state legislative houses, holding PA, MN, and CT, and POSSIBLY retaking FL, IA, IL, and GA. 

In the end, I predict this will be an election with something for everyone.

Contradiction
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1376 on: April 29, 2018, 08:06:53 PM »

The fact that you think young, black people are so brain dead that they would vote for a racist due to a rapper is insulting.

Huh

If he was racist than why is Kanye endorsing him?

How exactly is Trump racist towards black people? (I don't even like him.)

You don't even have to carefully dissect this post just to see the obvious wrong with it.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1377 on: April 29, 2018, 09:06:15 PM »

People under 18 are represented by their parents.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1378 on: April 29, 2018, 10:31:41 PM »

Trump is going to get 20% of the black vote.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1379 on: April 30, 2018, 02:21:17 AM »

The SPLC is a hate group who "routinely espouse a wide range of utter falsehoods".
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1380 on: April 30, 2018, 02:51:42 AM »

You see, that's why nobody can take the alt-left seriously. You state a simple fact of life and they pile up on you as if you just said that eating live babies is good for your health.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1381 on: April 30, 2018, 02:57:37 AM »

You see, that's why nobody can take the alt-left seriously. You state a simple fact of life and they pile up on you as if you just said that eating live babies is good for your health.
Posting right in the thread is bad for your health. You should stop.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1382 on: April 30, 2018, 04:36:10 AM »
« Edited: April 30, 2018, 04:45:55 AM by Landslide Lyndon »

So is being obsessed with anyone who challenges your cult leader, but that doesn't prevent you Berniecrats from having people like me and Monroe living rent-free in your heads.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1383 on: April 30, 2018, 10:41:44 AM »

No one takes the "Alt-Left" seriously because it doesn't exist, dude.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1384 on: April 30, 2018, 10:51:33 AM »

So is being obsessed with anyone who challenges your cult leader, but that doesn't prevent you Berniecrats from having people like me and Monroe living rent-free in your heads.
I don't even like bernie all that much.(his style grates on me), but of course you're going to bring that fight up everywhere.
James Monroe

« Reply #1385 on: April 30, 2018, 10:56:36 AM »

Michael Tracey and the whole Young Turks crew, Glenn Greenwald, Amazing Atheist, much of reddit, H.A .Goodman, yes there is an "Alt-Left".
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1386 on: April 30, 2018, 12:30:53 PM »

It was the context, talking about under-18s being politically active.

No, they're not in all cases represented by their parents, especially politically. Parents and their children have different political views a lot of the time. That's a fact of life.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1387 on: April 30, 2018, 12:41:03 PM »

No, they're not in all cases represented by their parents, especially politically. Parents and their children have different political views a lot of the time. That's a fact of life.

Who cares?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1388 on: April 30, 2018, 12:42:41 PM »

Who cares?
Lyndon took his own post out of context.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1389 on: April 30, 2018, 02:04:38 PM »

The SPLC is a hate group who "routinely espouse a wide range of utter falsehoods".
No, the SPLC is a scam. At the end of the day it’s merely a scam.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1390 on: April 30, 2018, 04:14:42 PM »

No, the SPLC is a scam. At the end of the day it’s merely a scam.

...says the guy who voted for Rick Scott.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1391 on: April 30, 2018, 07:10:19 PM »

Michael Tracey and the whole Young Turks crew, Glenn Greenwald, Amazing Atheist, much of reddit, H.A .Goodman, yes there is an "Alt-Left".

That's not the "alt left", its a bunch of random idiot blowhards. Some aren't even "left" (H.A. Goodman even has "TRUMP 2020" in his Twitter name now)
James Monroe

« Reply #1392 on: April 30, 2018, 07:50:17 PM »

That's not the "alt left", its a bunch of random idiot blowhards. Some aren't even "left" (H.A. Goodman even has "TRUMP 2020" in his Twitter name now)

I haven't seen much activity from Goodman lately, so not surprised he swung to the right. Point is that most of those above commentators have engaged in online left bashing that's been common since the 2016 election. Just to be clear, as much as I steel clear of Bernie Sanders he's nowhere the vitriol of the surrounded group of people cited.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1393 on: May 01, 2018, 12:04:51 AM »

If a women was found in a condition where the only way to save their life was for them to have an abortion, would you want to prevent it?
That is a false decision.  It's impossible for there to actually be a "abort or die" situation.  I would never deny treatment to a woman for a life-threatening disease, but you cannot simply give up on the baby and intentionally kill it.  You need to focus equally on saving both lives as long as they are both still alive.

If you asked me whether there's a position I consider illegitimate and one I could never respect, this is it (along with racism etc). Sorry, but it's just mind-boggingly vicious and insane.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1394 on: May 01, 2018, 12:23:59 AM »

If a women was found in a condition where the only way to save their life was for them to have an abortion, would you want to prevent it?
That is a false decision.  It's impossible for there to actually be a "abort or die" situation.  I would never deny treatment to a woman for a life-threatening disease, but you cannot simply give up on the baby and intentionally kill it.  You need to focus equally on saving both lives as long as they are both still alive.

If you asked me whether there's a position I consider illegitimate and one I could never respect, this is it (along with racism etc). Sorry, but it's just mind-boggingly vicious and insane.

Let me be more specific and clarify myself.  I believe that a pregnant woman can receive chemotherapy or something (especially since both lives would likely be lost if the cancer spread), but the doctors need to keep trying as hard as possible to save the baby, even if it is an extremely long-shot.  You can't just start by actively killing the baby.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1395 on: May 01, 2018, 12:29:55 AM »

Let me be more specific and clarify myself.  I believe that a pregnant woman can receive chemotherapy or something (especially since both lives would likely be lost if the cancer spread), but the doctors need to keep trying as hard as possible to save the baby, even if it is an extremely long-shot.  You can't just start by actively killing the baby.

I understood exactly that. What this means is letting a woman suffer and very possibly die because of personal beliefs.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1396 on: May 01, 2018, 08:11:24 AM »

It’s only gonna get worse under a President Harris or Booker.
BundouYMB

« Reply #1397 on: May 02, 2018, 06:57:14 AM »

I live in a city where Chinese people were literally relegated to the swamps. My province used and abused them to build our railroads, run our mines, work our farms, catch our fish, and can our foods. Our white business owners took advantage of the desperation that so many Chinese families felt when they came to Canada, paying them considerably less than they'd pay white labourers. Chinese workers were segregated from others in pitiful conditions, made to do hugely dangerous work, and subjected to cavalier racism on the daily.

Our newspapers and magazines featured white people taming Chinese immigrants in traditional garb like pets, as if it was an accomplishment to domesticate these "exotic" subhumans. Our government enacted racist policies that made Chinese immigrants pay exorbitant "head taxes" upon entry to the country. When that didn't work, we banned them outright for over 20 years.

Their traditional clothing has its own meaning divorced from politics, but it's also a symbol of resilience amidst all the bullsh-t they've had to endure. I imagine that it must be a real mark of pride for Chinese people to wear these clothes. This garb once set them apart and made them a target... now it's a way to celebrate who they are, remember what they've been through, and relay the clear message that they are here and they are strong. These pieces of clothing belong to them.

And then for some basic white girl to come along, strip it of its meaning, and wear it to prom like it's just another consumable accessory...? Not cool. I'm not going to say there are hard and fast rules about cultural appropriation, but this clearly was not thoughtful. If she was being thoughtful she would have humbled herself and made a different choice, because there were many others that would have allowed her to avoid even being construed as disprespecting an entire group of people. Instead, she wore it. Because the only thing she was really thinking about was herself.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1398 on: May 03, 2018, 12:31:15 PM »

I think the entire thing is disgusting.  BOYS should be in the BOY Scouts, and GIRLS should be in the GIRL Scouts.  That's why the Scout groups are named like they are.  One is for boys, and one is for girls!  I know, how ridiculous!  🙄
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.74, S: 7.22

« Reply #1399 on: May 03, 2018, 01:46:31 PM »

I was a little rude, and I apologize.  But really.  I mean, come on. 
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies