The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:24:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 239970 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: May 24, 2018, 10:23:55 PM »

I mean, the post speaks for itself. You're basically saying that associating with neo nazis and indirectly encouraging antisemitic groups is OK as long as you support the Israeli government. I personally think that we should call out repugnant stuff like this both on the left and on the right. When Trump brings us a Christian fundamentalist who said we're all going to hell to an official ceremony, when he says that there are "very fine people" in a hate march of nazis and racists who scream "Jews will not replace us"- I couldn't care less about the fact that he's moving some embassy.
Nope, supporting Nazis and encouraging antisemitic groups is not okay at all. I don't think Bannon or Trump did that, though, but I would like to invite you to come up with examples that prove me wrong. The Christian guy at the embassy ceremony should not have been invited but I don't think saying we're all going to hell is necessarily antisemitic (but it's bad either way, agreed). In Charlottesville there were probably a lot of bad people and a few fine people on both sides. The Nazi protesters were bad and the Antifa counterprotesters were bad. Trump was probably too charitable to both sides. The "Jews will not replace us" chant was absolutely terrible but has never been condoned by Trump. His daughter is literally Jewish and so are his grandchildren. And it is a choice to attach so much weight to this perceived moral failure of Trump and not to look at his impressive support for Israel.

You Don't believe a sermon saying that you and all Jews are going to hell is anti-Semitic? I'm sure if that same sermon was done by a black democratic Protestant or Muslim clergyman you would respond the exact same way, surely. Roll Eyes

It's awesome that you're able to write off the whole I'm sure there are nice people on both sides for the crowd chanting the Jews will not replace us. I think parrot guy's point is right on spot. A Jewish son-in-law and rabid support of Israel doesn't remove any responsibility for anti semitism. Except in your eyes of course
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1501 on: May 24, 2018, 11:20:15 PM »

As long as they send the kids of Trump voters overseas....I have no problem

Mondale quit caring a long time ago, LOL ... actually used to be pretty chill!
i still like him

I like him, too ... he’s just gotten a bit more out there, haha.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1502 on: May 25, 2018, 02:39:09 AM »

I mean, the post speaks for itself. You're basically saying that associating with neo nazis and indirectly encouraging antisemitic groups is OK as long as you support the Israeli government. I personally think that we should call out repugnant stuff like this both on the left and on the right. When Trump brings us a Christian fundamentalist who said we're all going to hell to an official ceremony, when he says that there are "very fine people" in a hate march of nazis and racists who scream "Jews will not replace us"- I couldn't care less about the fact that he's moving some embassy.
Nope, supporting Nazis and encouraging antisemitic groups is not okay at all. I don't think Bannon or Trump did that, though, but I would like to invite you to come up with examples that prove me wrong. The Christian guy at the embassy ceremony should not have been invited but I don't think saying we're all going to hell is necessarily antisemitic (but it's bad either way, agreed). In Charlottesville there were probably a lot of bad people and a few fine people on both sides. The Nazi protesters were bad and the Antifa counterprotesters were bad. Trump was probably too charitable to both sides. The "Jews will not replace us" chant was absolutely terrible but has never been condoned by Trump. His daughter is literally Jewish and so are his grandchildren. And it is a choice to attach so much weight to this perceived moral failure of Trump and not to look at his impressive support for Israel.

I actually do agree that the preacher is probably not antisemitic himself- he's just rabidly religious. However, when he says that all Jews will go to hell, he's encouraging antisemitism, and I think it's time for us to remember that decades ago, antisemitism came mostly from religious Christian Europeans who wrote blood libel stories and feared the Jews who killed Jesus. So yeah, inviting him was unacceptable.
As for Trump- I know he's not an antisemite and has a Jewish daughter. That's all fine. My problem is with the fact that parts of his base are antisemitic, and he encourages these parts by taking too much time to condemn David Duke or, as I said, by the "fine people on both sides" thing. I think you're fully aware that what people understood from this was "there are fine white supremacists". With all due respect, you're doing some serious false equivalency here- yes, there were unpleasant antifa parts in the counter-protests, but most counter-protesters were just normal people who despise nazism. The march itself, meanwhile, was literally a "Unite the Right" rally organized by white nationalists and nazis. There is no wiggle room here- this was a rally by the racists, for the racists. No one who attended this rally is a "fine person"- even if not all of them are antisemites, all of them are racists. So yes, by saying that there are "very fine people on both sides", Trump encouraged the antisemitic parts of his base.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1503 on: May 25, 2018, 01:20:20 PM »

When Trump said “there are fine people on both sides” he implied that some of the counter-protestors were not white nationalists. Of course, the media ignored the fact that a sizable portion of those protesting the statue’s removal were run of the mill conservatives and labeled everyone who showed up as “white nationalists” because a handful of actual Nazis showed up the night before and did their lame little tiki march. It became a much broader event.

The fact that Antifa showed no discrimination in attacking the demonstrators shows how irresponsible and outright false our media has become. There will be other posters who will respond to this assuredly by insulting me, continuing to perpetuate the “official” narrative, and then lament the division in the country in a typical three act Atlas play.

But to continue the trope that Trump endorsed white supremacy after Charlottesville, or that both sides were basically black and white in terms of the context of responsibility, than you’re either willfully or inadvertently only worsening the divide.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1504 on: May 25, 2018, 03:54:04 PM »

When Trump said “there are fine people on both sides” he implied that some of the counter-protestors were not white nationalists. Of course, the media ignored the fact that a sizable portion of those protesting the statue’s removal were run of the mill conservatives and labeled everyone who showed up as “white nationalists” because a handful of actual Nazis showed up the night before and did their lame little tiki march. It became a much broader event.

The fact that Antifa showed no discrimination in attacking the demonstrators shows how irresponsible and outright false our media has become. There will be other posters who will respond to this assuredly by insulting me, continuing to perpetuate the “official” narrative, and then lament the division in the country in a typical three act Atlas play.

But to continue the trope that Trump endorsed white supremacy after Charlottesville, or that both sides were basically black and white in terms of the context of responsibility, than you’re either willfully or inadvertently only worsening the divide.
Exactly.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1505 on: May 25, 2018, 04:27:09 PM »

I don't know what you're definition of a "handful" is, but it doesn't match mine.  If any "fine" person showed up to this and couldn't realize in about 2 seconds that this was an Aryan sh**t show, then they really weren't that fine of a person.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1506 on: May 25, 2018, 07:51:45 PM »

Once again CocaineSanchez you are in a best case scenario you are showing your extreme ignorance and lack of understanding regarding the political formations and their history, background, and tactics regarding the White Supremacist Movement in the United States of America.

This was explicitly organized as a coalition effort among some of the most hard-line Neo-Nazi and White Supremacist organizations from throughout the US, in what has become an extremely fragmented political movement in recent years....

The goal was to unite the Neo-Nazi / White Supremacist Movement, and additionally draw in a ton of new recruits drawn by the increasing change of the guard where the "alt.right" on the dark-web was increasingly usurping the traditional hierarchical rule of the "old guard" of the Movement....

This was explicitly billed on their social media websites essentially as a "Unite the Fascists Movement"....

Now in a worst case scenario, once again you are essentially dissembling and trying to create a false narrative that downplays the role of White Supremacists for whatever motivation...

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1507 on: May 26, 2018, 03:57:40 PM »

I don't know what you're definition of a "handful" is, but it doesn't match mine.  If any "fine" person showed up to this and couldn't realize in about 2 seconds that this was an Aryan sh**t show, then they really weren't that fine of a person.

I'm not arguing that the Tiki march was sparsely attended, or that the white supremacist presence in Charlottesville wasn't marginal - but they still only represented a fraction of the right leaning protesters present.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1508 on: May 26, 2018, 03:59:57 PM »

Once again CocaineSanchez you are in a best case scenario you are showing your extreme ignorance and lack of understanding regarding the political formations and their history, background, and tactics regarding the White Supremacist Movement in the United States of America.

This was explicitly organized as a coalition effort among some of the most hard-line Neo-Nazi and White Supremacist organizations from throughout the US, in what has become an extremely fragmented political movement in recent years....

The goal was to unite the Neo-Nazi / White Supremacist Movement, and additionally draw in a ton of new recruits drawn by the increasing change of the guard where the "alt.right" on the dark-web was increasingly usurping the traditional hierarchical rule of the "old guard" of the Movement....

This was explicitly billed on their social media websites essentially as a "Unite the Fascists Movement"....

Now in a worst case scenario, once again you are essentially dissembling and trying to create a false narrative that downplays the role of White Supremacists for whatever motivation...

You talk of creating a false narrative but you have offered up nothing in the way of sources aside from a meme that you've taken out of context in what I can only assume to be some sort of veiled threat. I get you're unhappy at the Nazi occupation Walmart slave job you claim to have, but you aren't exactly Free French Forces material.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1509 on: May 26, 2018, 07:30:09 PM »

You Don't believe a sermon saying that you and all Jews are going to hell is anti-Semitic? I'm sure if that same sermon was done by a black democratic Protestant or Muslim clergyman you would respond the exact same way, surely. Roll Eyes

It's awesome that you're able to write off the whole I'm sure there are nice people on both sides for the crowd chanting the Jews will not replace us. I think parrot guy's point is right on spot. A Jewish son-in-law and rabid support of Israel doesn't remove any responsibility for anti semitism. Except in your eyes of course

What's especially galling is that he bends over backward to say that maybe some of the protesters were privately not Anti-Semitic, despite willingly joining a bunch of Neo-Nazis and white supremacists in their violent marches, and then at the same time he insists Heather Heyer (who gave her life for the idea that he doesn't belong in an oven) was actually an anti-Semite who wants all Jews dead.

I've posted here for 15 years, and I'm not sure anything I've ever read here has pissed me off more than that.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1510 on: May 26, 2018, 07:33:16 PM »

This.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1511 on: May 26, 2018, 07:36:05 PM »

I'm not arguing that the Tiki march was sparsely attended, or that the white supremacist presence in Charlottesville wasn't marginal - but they still only represented a fraction of the right leaning protesters present.

Nope, you're full of sh**t. At least DavidB can use the "I live in Europe and may legitimately not realize the truth" excuse.

Every single person who showed up made a willing choice to join a Neo-Nazi hatefest. I guess it's possible that they might not have realized what is was before they arrived (but talk about a critical did-not-do-the-research failure), but once they were there, the participants had a last chance not to join and didn't make that choice.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1512 on: May 26, 2018, 10:26:50 PM »

I admit, I'm starting to worry something's gonna come out against Mr. Rogers at this point.
I would not mind if he was hit.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1513 on: May 27, 2018, 11:16:37 AM »

Roosevelt isn't a god and not all that great IMO, since his policies actually lenghtened the Depression and kept a lot of people in Poverty. Trump wins.

I can't see someone like FDR appeal to Hispanics. "I'm going to raise Taxes and increase your dependency on the Government". That'll go over well with a lot of people 🙄
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1514 on: May 27, 2018, 03:01:03 PM »

No. If implemented immediately and arbitrarily, it would be a death knell for many small businesses with thin profit margins, would price unskilled, often poorer workers out of the marketplace, and lead to higher prices for consumers. This is another example of a well-intended policy that would have nearly the opposite effect it was meant to have - improving the economic outcomes of the poor and vulnerable.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #1515 on: May 27, 2018, 03:06:00 PM »

No. If implemented immediately and arbitrarily, it would be a death knell for many small businesses with thin profit margins, would price unskilled, often poorer workers out of the marketplace, and lead to higher prices for consumers. This is another example of a well-intended policy that would have nearly the opposite effect it was meant to have - improving the economic outcomes of the poor and vulnerable.

Great job rebutting my point. Wink
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1516 on: May 27, 2018, 03:38:51 PM »

No because religion contains inherent falsehoods that conflict with the realities of science.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1517 on: May 27, 2018, 03:44:42 PM »

Great job rebutting my point. Wink
yeah that is kind of lame.at least you know,say something on thread
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1518 on: May 28, 2018, 11:26:43 AM »

Despite how bad Trump is, I think most people would vote for him without hesitation if he were up against an actual slave owner.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1519 on: May 28, 2018, 12:19:09 PM »

Too bad the far left was cheering on this obviously mentally ill person while they sunk further into madness. It was obvious months ago that she needed psychiatric help but unfortunately her evil supporters circled the wagons and told her she didn't need help.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1520 on: May 29, 2018, 03:54:46 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2018, 04:30:53 AM by Parrotguy »

Yeah the anti-semite isn't winning this. For republicans Freitas and Vogel are both from this seat

For heaven's sake she is not an anti-Semite. Criticizing US policy with Israel is not anti-Semitic and that is what her book highlighted. What is anti-Semitic was the march on Charlottesville that the Jesus Christ adorned GOP refused to sharply condemn. Get it right.

Nobody's allowed to say anything about Israel in this country. For all the right wing whining about people like Laura Ingram being taken down by "leftist SJW mobs," you never hear those on the right say anything about all the laws passed that essentially criminalizes the criticism or boycotting of Israel.

AIPAC has such a stranglehold that even the overwhelming majority of the politicians accused of being anti-semitic because they actually criticized Israel for something still voted to have $225 million of US taxpayer money go to Israel's Iron Dome system to allow them to kill as many Palestinians as they want without any consequences.

My favourite posts on this site are the posts that imply I should die Roll Eyes
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1521 on: May 29, 2018, 04:11:36 AM »

Yeah the anti-semite isn't winning this. For republicans Freitas and Vogel are both from this seat

For heaven's sake she is not an anti-Semite. Criticizing US policy with Israel is not anti-Semitic and that is what her book highlighted. What is anti-Semitic was the march on Charlottesville that the Jesus Christ adorned GOP refused to sharply condemn. Get it right.

Nobody's allowed to say anything about Israel in this country. For all the right wing whining about people like Laura Ingram being taken down by "leftist SJW mobs," you never hear those on the right say anything about all the laws passed that essentially criminalizes the criticism or boycotting of Israel.

AIPAC has such a stranglehold that even the overwhelming majority of the politicians accused of being anti-semitic because they actually criticized Israel for something still voted to have $225 million of US taxpayer money go to Israel's Iron Dome system to allow them to kill as many Palestinians as they want without any consequences.

My favourite posts on this site is the posts that imply I should die Roll Eyes

People like jfern are all too willing to sacrifice other people (like the Dreamers) as long as they get to maintain their ideological purity.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1522 on: May 29, 2018, 07:03:51 AM »

My favourite posts on this site is the posts that imply I should die Roll Eyes

People like jfern are all too willing to sacrifice other people (like the Dreamers) as long as they get to maintain their ideological purity.
Muh Dreamers! Muh dreamers!
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1523 on: May 29, 2018, 09:21:27 AM »

You're arguing that there were only a handful of Nazis, I'm saying that's more than a handful and in the video of the daytime festivities  they looked the same too.  If any fine people showed up to protest (some hardcore civil war reenactor) they probably had the common sense to get out of there, common sense that Trump lacked when he choose to pontificate on the events.  Although, that's because Trump is a bigot.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1524 on: May 29, 2018, 09:41:05 AM »

You're arguing that there were only a handful of Nazis, I'm saying that's more than a handful and in the video of the daytime festivities  they looked the same too.  If any fine people showed up to protest (some hardcore civil war reenactor) they probably had the common sense to get out of there, common sense that Trump lacked when he choose to pontificate on the events.  Although, that's because Trump is a bigot.
Again, you're entitled to your opinion but not your own facts. Repeatedly posting pictures of the Tiki March does not make the case that the crowd in Charlottesville was overwhelmingly far/hard right does nothing to change the fact that it simply wasn't.

I'm not denying that the Neo-Nazis were present, nor that they were violent - there is plenty of evidence in support of that. IIRC a black man was savagely beaten in a parking garage in addition to the car crash incident.

Regardless, I'm not going to cry any crocodile tears. The "counter-protesters" and their ilk have displayed a far more immediate and concerning penchant for violence.

How do you explain stuff like this? Besides "muh deflection."

What about this? Why does my side have to take the blame for a lame tiki march when another angry old Democrat like you was responsible for this?

This is literally a daily recurrence on my Twitter feed.

I'm sick and tired of this "both sides do it" nonsense. BS. Your side does it.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies