The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 03:19:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 240036 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: August 04, 2018, 01:54:29 PM »

Economically, the Nazis were probably to the left of the Democrats and to the right of the DSA.

Lmao, this is almost west Ukraine level of analysis.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #1751 on: August 04, 2018, 05:33:30 PM »

Trump's comments were incredibly stupid, as have his general fights with professional athletes.  But, it is also equally stupid that LeBron James, who I believe has a very good heart as evidenced by his charity work, supports Democrats.  If Democrats had their way, we would never have known who he was, as he was their perfect candidate for abortion (in that he was born to a lower class, single, teenage mother).  Thankfully, his mom chose life and we get to witness one of the greatest athletes of all time, but the abortion rate for his exact circumstances of conception probably pushes 50%.
It's funnier if you read what context this is in.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1752 on: August 04, 2018, 06:09:52 PM »

Mitch crushed a foolish lady in the 2014 elections and now he gets the amazing Benefit of sharing a ballot with President Trump.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1753 on: August 04, 2018, 10:41:32 PM »

Wow this thread fell off the deep end fast.

As for Orman, he thinks he can provide voters with another option and do well, possibly even win (which is doubtful, but still). If he is really pushing forward in a way to be an effective, non-partisan Governor of Kansas, as he has shown to be doing, then good for him. I very much wish I could vote for him myself.

Edit: Scratch that last party: I'm legitimately kinda sad that I can't vote for him.

Sorry that I don't want to vote for a Republican or a Democrat. I like thinking for myself and voting for good-hearted, compromising person through-and-through.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1754 on: August 05, 2018, 12:32:35 PM »

The New Left, which doesn't disparage minorities like that of the Old Left.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1755 on: August 05, 2018, 02:16:32 PM »

the atlas convention of inventing new words based on obscure election results that no one will remember or care about in three months is so so dumb
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1756 on: August 05, 2018, 02:20:20 PM »

the atlas convention of inventing new words based on obscure election results that no one will remember or care about in three months is so so dumb

Yeah I don't even know what he was referring to.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1757 on: August 07, 2018, 09:17:50 AM »

Domestic Policy: F

Economy: D+ (Can we please stop acting like it's normal to have a "jobless recovery" spanning most of a decade and admit that the Obama economy sucked?)
Trade: F (Really helped move swing voters by focusing on TPP though!)
Crime: C- (The homicide rate isn't any lower than it was 15 years ago, and increased during his second term.)
Immigration: F (One of those issues that most people stopped caring about because they had a president who made them feel good about themselves. Exposed DREAMers to Trump-era deportation because of executive overreach. Did nothing to resolve legal status of most migrants living in the United States.)
Race Relations: F (For the rank stupidity of the beer summit alone. Remember when he threw his pastor under the bus over an out-of-context quote, but liberals liked it because he also implied that his grandmother was a bit racist? Telling character moment.)
Environment: F (Spare us the prattling about "benchmarks." We're facing down a global catastrophe and he did virtually nothing to prepare us for it.)
Healthcare: F--
  • "If you like your plan, you can keep it!"
  • "Hillary Clinton's attacking, but what's she not telling you about her health care plan? It forces everyone to buy insurance, even if you can't afford it, and you pay a penalty if you don't."
  • "I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family's premium by up to $2,500 a year."
  • Great to leave office with the phrase "mid-life mortality crisis" in the headlines, isn't it?

Foreign Policy: F

Cuba: A- (A rare bright spot that Trump hasn't reversed - yet, at least.)
China: F ("The pivot!")
Iran: C+ (The nuclear deal was good, but died when he left office. Increased sanctions, not so much.)
North Korea: D- (Gradual deterioration?)
Russia: B (This one is on a curve. He wasn't trying to start a war with them or falling for obvious manipulation.)
Iraq: F- (Imagine telling yourself 10 years ago that we'd have 5,000 troops in that country today.)
Afghanistan: F (Imagine telling yourself 10 years ago that we'd have over 15,000 troops in that country today.)
Syria: F- (Oh God...)
Libya: F- (Oh God...)
Yemen: F- (Oh God...)

Overall: F
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1758 on: August 07, 2018, 10:20:22 AM »

Domestic Policy: F

Economy: D+ (Can we please stop acting like it's normal to have a "jobless recovery" spanning most of a decade and admit that the Obama economy sucked?)
Trade: F (Really helped move swing voters by focusing on TPP though!)
Crime: C- (The homicide rate isn't any lower than it was 15 years ago, and increased during his second term.)
Immigration: F (One of those issues that most people stopped caring about because they had a president who made them feel good about themselves. Exposed DREAMers to Trump-era deportation because of executive overreach. Did nothing to resolve legal status of most migrants living in the United States.)
Race Relations: F (For the rank stupidity of the beer summit alone. Remember when he threw his pastor under the bus over an out-of-context quote, but liberals liked it because he also implied that his grandmother was a bit racist? Telling character moment.)
Environment: F (Spare us the prattling about "benchmarks." We're facing down a global catastrophe and he did virtually nothing to prepare us for it.)
Healthcare: F--
  • "If you like your plan, you can keep it!"
  • "Hillary Clinton's attacking, but what's she not telling you about her health care plan? It forces everyone to buy insurance, even if you can't afford it, and you pay a penalty if you don't."
  • "I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family's premium by up to $2,500 a year."
  • Great to leave office with the phrase "mid-life mortality crisis" in the headlines, isn't it?

Foreign Policy: F

Cuba: A- (A rare bright spot that Trump hasn't reversed - yet, at least.)
China: F ("The pivot!")
Iran: C+ (The nuclear deal was good, but died when he left office. Increased sanctions, not so much.)
North Korea: D- (Gradual deterioration?)
Russia: B (This one is on a curve. He wasn't trying to start a war with them or falling for obvious manipulation.)
Iraq: F- (Imagine telling yourself 10 years ago that we'd have 5,000 troops in that country today.)
Afghanistan: F (Imagine telling yourself 10 years ago that we'd have over 15,000 troops in that country today.)
Syria: F- (Oh God...)
Libya: F- (Oh God...)
Yemen: F- (Oh God...)

Overall: F
CC: The Good Post Gallery.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1759 on: August 07, 2018, 03:35:13 PM »

Since white people are privileged and have advantages that black people and Latino people don't have which is a true fact, do you think that a future Democratic Congress along with a future Democratic president would pass legislation and sign legislation to institute a massive white privilege tax that ALL white Americans must pay yearly in their tax returns?

I do believe the IRS, state and federal government knows your race/ethnicity due to names on the forms, etc.

Would a white privilege tax pass a future Democratic Congress and would the "oppressors (white people) pay this tax to truly help the "oppressed" in their communities?

Would the taxes truly go to the impoverished areas or not?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1760 on: August 07, 2018, 04:23:59 PM »

Context.

And over 50% of Democrats think the govt should have the authority to run your healthcare so what’s your point?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1761 on: August 07, 2018, 04:52:01 PM »

Context.

And over 50% of Democrats think the govt should have the authority to run your healthcare so what’s your point?

Came here to post this. Truly, a special kind of ignorance is on display here.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1762 on: August 07, 2018, 04:53:21 PM »

Since white people are privileged and have advantages that black people and Latino people don't have which is a true fact, do you think that a future Democratic Congress along with a future Democratic president would pass legislation and sign legislation to institute a massive white privilege tax that ALL white Americans must pay yearly in their tax returns?

I do believe the IRS, state and federal government knows your race/ethnicity due to names on the forms, etc.

Would a white privilege tax pass a future Democratic Congress and would the "oppressors (white people) pay this tax to truly help the "oppressed" in their communities?

Would the taxes truly go to the impoverished areas or not?

Can we rename this thread to the bronz4141 basement?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1763 on: August 07, 2018, 04:56:46 PM »

Context.

Yeah, it is like when Hillary said half of Trump's supporters are deplorable. Clearly it is more like 90% in both cases.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1764 on: August 07, 2018, 05:46:14 PM »

Context.

Here's another gem from the same thread:

Soon 100% of Dem officials will think the internet needs to be censured for the sake of preventing the spread of non-PC opinions Smiley.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1765 on: August 08, 2018, 01:30:38 PM »

This [a "white privilege tax"] won't happen, it's unrealistic. ... [some conspiratorial babbling about female HR managers] ... Our future will be a dystopian matriarchy if we don't stand up now.

mvd on a roll recently!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1766 on: August 08, 2018, 03:50:38 PM »

Obama gave 20+ million people healthcare, managing to slow the increase in the utterly skyrocketing costs of medical insurance. He was the best president since LBJ.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1767 on: August 08, 2018, 03:54:37 PM »

Obama gave 20+ million people healthcare, managing to slow the increase in the utterly skyrocketing costs of medical insurance. He was the best president since LBJ.
I stand by my positive view on Obama - the overboard, ridiculous, insane way the GOP dealt with him, along with the amazing grace* he brought to the Office of the Presidency, were two factors that helped shape my politics. Obama made many mistakes but he also made many good decisions as well and I'm glad he served in the office. He left America in better shape than he first found it.
*= Tongue
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1768 on: August 08, 2018, 04:04:03 PM »

The absurd & ignorant part is not that you think Obama was a good president.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1769 on: August 09, 2018, 04:16:56 AM »

Have to laugh at everyone laughing this off. There are people who support reparations. A lot. I think it's not far-fetched at all that Democrats will ultimately support special reparations taxes on white people.

It's very common for the left to start out denying that they would ever support something and calling the suggestion absurd, only to slowly but surely move towards it as the years go by. It's part of their subversive nature and we've seen this play out multiple times.

That's not a leftist thing, that's a politician thing.

The left has been extremely effective at it with regards to changing the culture, though.

Let's play "inserting homophobic dogwhistles in unrelated posts"!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1770 on: August 09, 2018, 07:33:36 AM »

Abrams has the momentum.  I don't think I've seen a candidate inspire this much energy in an electorate since Barack Obama. 

If she wins this thing, she's guaranteed a VP slot in 2024 (assuming Drumpf wins in 2020) or a chance to bid for a Presidential slot in 2028 (assuming a Democrat wins in 2020). 

Oh, yeah, and to those planning DNC 2020?  If you're reading this, I think you know who to pick for your Keynote Speaker spot...
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1771 on: August 09, 2018, 12:05:41 PM »

Thomas from NJ on a roll with the Jew conspiracy dogwhistling this week:

Once again, how would the Democrats get passed something that:

1-would guarantee a Republican landslide and
2-would have zero chance of surviving in court?

Do you seriously believe dozens of Democratic Congressmen and Senators would be willing to seal their defeats by voting for this?

The key word in the thread title is ''future''.

The left understands that politics is downstream from culture. They obviously wouldn't pass a policy like this right now. What they are doing instead is, through their control of most of academia and the media, planting these ideas in the minds of young people and creating the conditions that will eventually lead to them being mainstream and something that could become the basis for policy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_long_march_through_the_institutions
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1772 on: August 09, 2018, 01:16:04 PM »

Some people need take their dogs to get their ears checked.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1773 on: August 09, 2018, 01:30:55 PM »

Looks like Vox is just as much of a propaganda outlet than Fox at this point.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #1774 on: August 09, 2018, 01:43:34 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2018, 05:01:20 PM by Thomas from NJ »

Thomas from NJ on a roll with the Jew conspiracy dogwhistling this week:

Once again, how would the Democrats get passed something that:

1-would guarantee a Republican landslide and
2-would have zero chance of surviving in court?

Do you seriously believe dozens of Democratic Congressmen and Senators would be willing to seal their defeats by voting for this?

The key word in the thread title is ''future''.

The left understands that politics is downstream from culture. They obviously wouldn't pass a policy like this right now. What they are doing instead is, through their control of most of academia and the media, planting these ideas in the minds of young people and creating the conditions that will eventually lead to them being mainstream and something that could become the basis for policy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_long_march_through_the_institutions

It wasn't, actually; whether you choose to believe me or not. For one, the far-left activist who came up with the ''long march through the institutions'' strategy and coined the term was an ethnic German from a Lutheran family. Clearly, it's not an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory if it originated as the directly stated goal of someone who wasn't even a Jew. Nothing in my post even remotely implied that the tactic was invented by Jews and/or solely used by Jews.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies