The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:48:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 237907 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: November 28, 2017, 11:40:28 PM »

Please tell me you’re being sarcastic.

Rights are provided by the Constitution, and as our governing document we are inherently bound to it as much as we are to democracy. Violating any of it is tantamount to saying it is no longer applicable, destroying the mandate of Congress, the President, and our society.

Did the moral right to equal protection regardless of race exist before the 15th amendment passed in 1870? Would it still exist if the 15th amendment had never been passed?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #551 on: November 29, 2017, 12:03:23 AM »

There’s still a difference between single-payer and universal, as to which, for your statement only the latter is implied.

Sure, and I have long since lost faith in the current system. It is profiteering gone mad, and such a situation involving life and death sickens me.

Also, since when did “right to” mean “the government gives it to you”? I support revenue-neutral, universal healthcare because it’s the right thing to do, not because it’s a right.

Personally, I think a more government-oriented solution can provide better for the country. It's fine if you don't personally think it should be a right, I mean, it's not like there aren't oodles of people out there who don't believe any number of existing rights shouldn't be actual rights. But in the end, regardless of what others think, I'll still volunteer, donate and otherwise work towards upending the current system.

I don't know why you're talking to me about various healthcare systems though, I was only speaking generically about the concept of rights and healthcare as a right.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #552 on: November 29, 2017, 12:23:12 AM »

Rights are provided by the Constitution, and as our governing document we are inherently bound to it as much as we are to democracy. Violating any of it is tantamount to saying it is no longer applicable, destroying the mandate of Congress, the President, and our society.

Did the moral right to equal protection regardless of race exist before the 15th amendment passed in 1870? Would it still exist if the 15th amendment had never been passed?

If a moral right does not legally exist, it does not exist.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #553 on: November 29, 2017, 12:26:10 AM »

So if murder is legal then it's ok?

🤔
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #554 on: November 29, 2017, 07:39:00 AM »

So it's fine to discriminate against African Americans, Asians, lgbtq, women etc if we just amend the constitution a bit. Got it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #555 on: November 29, 2017, 08:50:57 AM »

In a court of law. But things "exist" that are outside of the courtroom. Who knew? Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #556 on: November 29, 2017, 09:55:49 AM »

This is such a stupid conversation.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #557 on: November 29, 2017, 01:34:16 PM »

Ideological third parties will always fail in the US

I believe this country can and should do better than a seesawing two-party dichotomy from now until whenever.

I totally think that a new party could emerge, but not on those lines. You could have a highly regional party that only contests House, Senate, and state offices in one part of the country, for example, that tries to dominate that region and hope to play kingmaker in Washington. A la the Bloc Quebecois a decade or two ago. That's probably the most viable route to third party power in the United States: a regional separatist/particularist party can be very effective in First Past the Post because it's concentrated all in one area.

A national third party is a waste of time unless it swiftly displaces and kills either the Republicans or Democrats.

Something like UUP or the Moderate Party, perhaps?

The problem with those, though, is that they are in states that heavily favor one side over the other.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #558 on: November 29, 2017, 01:36:15 PM »

Ideological third parties will always fail in the US

I believe this country can and should do better than a seesawing two-party dichotomy from now until whenever.

I totally think that a new party could emerge, but not on those lines. You could have a highly regional party that only contests House, Senate, and state offices in one part of the country, for example, that tries to dominate that region and hope to play kingmaker in Washington. A la the Bloc Quebecois a decade or two ago. That's probably the most viable route to third party power in the United States: a regional separatist/particularist party can be very effective in First Past the Post because it's concentrated all in one area.

A national third party is a waste of time unless it swiftly displaces and kills either the Republicans or Democrats.

Something like UUP or the Moderate Party, perhaps?

The problem with those, though, is that they are in states that heavily favor one side over the other.

What's wrong with that?

Oh, I think I see now. I wasn't talking about them replacing the GOP and Democrats. I didn't see that part.  I was just looking at Mikado's talk about a regional party.

Was that what you thought I meant?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #559 on: November 29, 2017, 01:54:55 PM »

But he's literally a white nationalist, though?

Nah, just a garden variety deplorable.

He is a hardcore racist bigot, he's just not the type to tattoo a swastika on himself or do a Nazi salute. But his views of people of other races, especially blacks, doesn't distinguish between conservative and being a racist a******

That, and unlike some other equally deplorable posters, he is a complete and total moron.

Are there any smart racists on here?
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #560 on: November 29, 2017, 03:49:27 PM »

It'd be pretty funny if the Republicans won every single gubernatorial race in New England. Especially if it happened at the same time as a Democratic wave.

That will never happen because NH and CT will vote for whoever has a (D) next to their name. Tongue
MT Treasurer is really taking the Titanium D NH meme to the extremes. Apparently he also thinks CT is titanium D.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #561 on: November 29, 2017, 04:31:27 PM »

It'd be pretty funny if the Republicans won every single gubernatorial race in New England. Especially if it happened at the same time as a Democratic wave.

That will never happen because NH and CT will vote for whoever has a (D) next to their name. Tongue
MT Treasurer is really taking the Titanium D NH meme to the extremes. Apparently he also thinks CT is titanium D.
Whoosh
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #562 on: November 29, 2017, 05:59:56 PM »

Honestly, his constant circle-jerking over New Hampshire being a solid blue state annoys me.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #563 on: November 29, 2017, 06:16:19 PM »

Honestly, his constant circle-jerking over New Hampshire being a solid blue state annoys me.

I don't think it can be a circle jerk when there's only one participant.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #564 on: November 29, 2017, 06:24:03 PM »

Heisenberg.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #565 on: November 29, 2017, 06:25:51 PM »

Heisenberg.

Oh, right. Could two count? I feel like you'd need at least 3-4.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #566 on: November 29, 2017, 06:27:41 PM »

Heisenberg.

I always thought a single person  could "circle-jerk", at least in the (non sexual) context of the word.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #567 on: November 29, 2017, 06:37:29 PM »

Heisenberg.

I always thought a single person  could "circle-jerk", at least in the (non sexual) context of the word.

The non sexual context is people telling each other what they want to hear though, right? i.e. groupthink/hivemind. If it's just two it would be more like jerking each other off, or one being jerking themselves off. Circlejerk would be like all the Arizona posters talking about how Jones is inevitable and I'm Satan incarnate.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #568 on: November 29, 2017, 06:39:25 PM »

Heisenberg.

I always thought a single person  could "circle-jerk", at least in the (non sexual) context of the word.

The non sexual context is people telling each other what they want to hear though, right? If it's just two it would be more like jerking each other off, or one being jerking themselves off. Circlejerk would be like all the Arizona posters talking about how Jones is inevitable and I'm Satan incarnate.
I really need to read up on the proper meaning of the term, apparently.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #569 on: November 29, 2017, 09:50:46 PM »

🤔

No, then the prohibition of murder is not in place, making it legally allowed. See the difference?
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #570 on: November 30, 2017, 10:10:25 AM »

🤔

No, then the prohibition of murder is not in place, making it legally allowed. See the difference?

Legal bs was never the topic until you brought it up.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #571 on: November 30, 2017, 03:55:27 PM »

Pyror and Lincoln are still somewhat formidable candidates and both are still young if they want to make a comeback this is there chance. As for the GOP Womack is most likely.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #572 on: November 30, 2017, 04:26:52 PM »

Also, the stupid assholes that thought going for a third party candidate did anything but make their vote worthless deserve to be beaten in the head with a stick. If you really want to see Jill Stein fellating Putin in the Oval Office, advocate for a non-FPTP system.

I suppose many people voted for Jill Stein to hurt Clinton and make sure she loses because she wasn't left-wing enough. This was done on purpose.
It's better to elect somebody like Donald Trump who is relatively moderate republican and won't be able to do much damage because of his incompetence now than wait 4 years and elect somebody competent and far more extremist like Bush/Ryan/Flake... with supermajorities in the house and senate. Clinton presidency with republican majorities in house and senate would be just one big disappointing compromise that would likely result in cutting social security, medicare and welfare state in general.

And of course abolishing FTFP and electoral college would be a great thing. I really hope more people start pushing for that.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #573 on: November 30, 2017, 09:21:45 PM »

Wow, you guys are actually not upset that a guy DEPORTED 5 TIMES for previous crimes just got absolved of killing a girl

Absolutely vile

This is absolutely because you guys treat immigration as a religion

Before posting retarded things, maybe you shouldn't assume retarded things.

I am all for deporting him and all other illegals, provided they aren't being persecuted by their home countries' governments.

And understanding a verdict that had to deal with beyond a reasonable doubt of intent is NOT at all thinking he shouldn't go to jail for life. Far from it
Either way, Zarate should not have been in this country in the first place. A beautiful young life was taken because of him, whether he intended to kill her or not. Time to end sanctuary cities.
Either way, Zarate should not have been in this country in the first place. A beautiful young life was taken because of him, whether he intended to kill her or not. Time to end sanctuary cities.

This is just an unfortunate situation and the Zarate situation was just an example of one bad apple, but it's no reason to end sanctuary cities. If anything we need to follow the lead of newly elected New Jersey Governor who has promised to make New Jersey a sanctuary state.

There is zero justification for sanctuary cities and a reason they poll poorly
Abusing the tragic death of an innocent person for your racist f**kery. And don't give me any bs about "its not racist cause something something sovereignty/laws", the way y'all view these people is quite clearly less then human.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #574 on: December 01, 2017, 10:18:40 AM »

Wow, you guys are actually not upset that a guy DEPORTED 5 TIMES for previous crimes just got absolved of killing a girl

Absolutely vile

This is absolutely because you guys treat immigration as a religion

Before posting retarded things, maybe you shouldn't assume retarded things.

I am all for deporting him and all other illegals, provided they aren't being persecuted by their home countries' governments.

And understanding a verdict that had to deal with beyond a reasonable doubt of intent is NOT at all thinking he shouldn't go to jail for life. Far from it

This is just an unfortunate situation and the Zarate situation was just an example of one bad apple, but it's no reason to end sanctuary cities. If anything we need to follow the lead of newly elected New Jersey Governor who has promised to make New Jersey a sanctuary state.

There is zero justification for sanctuary cities and a reason they poll poorly
Abusing the tragic death of an innocent person for your racist f**kery. And don't give me any bs about "its not racist cause something something sovereignty/laws", the way y'all view these people is quite clearly less then human.

Ah yes, I'm racist for saying someone is here illegally, despite calling other people in the thread out for their implied racism.

I hope the Democrats don't start calling everyone who thinks that a racist, otherwise, good luck with 35% of the vote.
The term "illegals" is inherently dehumanizing, for one thing. I fail to see how someone could spout such rhetoric about deportation so casually without seeing immigrants as somehow less then human.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies