The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:18:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 236168 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2017, 08:41:12 AM »

The "safe spaces" and "SJWs" that Trump and his supporters talk about are the result of anti-bullying campaigns.

This guy made three posts on three separate threads in the US General Discussion forum this morning whining about anti-bullying policies. Sounds like someone got in trouble at school for bullying. Tsk tsk
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2017, 04:56:28 PM »

Democrats are basically Republicans that are pro gay marriage and pro abortion...but the political discourse hasn't been moved to the far right? Ok.
What is it with ProgressiveCanadian being so triggered lately?

I've noticed that the anti-Bernie crowd has really begun to ramp up their sh*tposting. It pisses me off quite a bit too...the difference being, of course, the fact that I try to keep my post quality (on serious posts) high.

What does being angry with anti-Bernie people have to do with arguing that a Trotskyist would be moderate in Europe?

Nothing. It's really quite obvious that a Trot would be on the far-left in Europe. My comment was in response to ProgCan allegedly being "triggered" (a dumb word to be used as a substitute for "agitated").
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2017, 06:35:29 PM »

If alcohol were to completely go away, 90% of society's problems would be instantly cured.  In an ideal world, alcohol should be illegal, but I think that we would have had to do that in the 1700s or 1800s and that the negative externalities of doing that today would outweigh the benefits.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #253 on: September 21, 2017, 07:35:25 PM »

If alcohol were to completely go away, 90% of society's problems would be instantly cured.  In an ideal world, alcohol should be illegal, but I think that we would have had to do that in the 1700s or 1800s and that the negative externalities of doing that today would outweigh the benefits.

Came here to post this ... glad I don't have these types of friends, LOL.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #254 on: September 22, 2017, 12:53:38 PM »

This why Congress should introduce legislation banning tackle football.

I wish I could say this is the worst post this year, but I'm afraid it may not even be in the 5 worst sports related ones given some of the things I have come across.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #255 on: September 22, 2017, 02:19:58 PM »

I wish I could say this is the worst post this year, but I'm afraid it may not even be in the 5 worst sports related ones given some of the things I have come across.

I love how he started the CFB pick 'em thread...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #256 on: September 22, 2017, 06:56:50 PM »

Isn't this guy like 15 or something? It's a natural view for some kid who hasn't had his first beer yet.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #257 on: September 22, 2017, 08:07:04 PM »

I love how he started the CFB pick 'em thread...

Many people are fans of things that are stupid and dangerous for them. I happen to be no exception.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #258 on: September 22, 2017, 09:07:45 PM »

MUH SECRETARY OF TRANSPORTATION!

Mark Hatfield
Tom McCall
John Kitzhaber
Victor Atiyeh (first arab-american governor)
Neil Goldschmidt
Ron Wyden
Jeff Merkley
You know Neil Goldschmidt systematically sexually abused a young girl over a number of years?
Yes, but I don't really care.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #259 on: September 22, 2017, 09:25:33 PM »

Isn't this guy like 15 or something? It's a natural view for some kid who hasn't had his first beer yet.

This....

I felt similar to ExtremeConservative when I was 15 or so and now it's some 30 years later and have a very different POV....

Would be happy to buy any Atlas poster that turns 21 their first beer if they are in the neighborhood and discuss politics, precinct level results from various states/cities/counties, and all sorts of other Atlas Geek-o-Rama that we wrangle about on a daily basis.

Not a big fan of Prohibition policies at all, since addicts and alcoholics will always find a means to obtain their drug of choice... Not even going to mention the whole black market deal that comes with these types of policy positions and causes all sorts of violence to secure illegal markets, and won't even go into the benefit to State/County/Local governments when it comes to taxable revenue generated in the form of "Sin Taxes" on items such as Cigs, Alcohol, and Recreational MJ (In States where it is legal).

Trying to legislate public morality has always been a bad idea within the United States, on so many items, which is part of reason I consider myself a Social Libertarian.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #260 on: September 22, 2017, 11:26:22 PM »

This....

I felt similar to ExtremeConservative when I was 15 or so and now it's some 30 years later and have a very different POV....

Would be happy to buy any Atlas poster that turns 21 their first beer if they are in the neighborhood and discuss politics, precinct level results from various states/cities/counties, and all sorts of other Atlas Geek-o-Rama that we wrangle about on a daily basis.

Not a big fan of Prohibition policies at all, since addicts and alcoholics will always find a means to obtain their drug of choice... Not even going to mention the whole black market deal that comes with these types of policy positions and causes all sorts of violence to secure illegal markets, and won't even go into the benefit to State/County/Local governments when it comes to taxable revenue generated in the form of "Sin Taxes" on items such as Cigs, Alcohol, and Recreational MJ (In States where it is legal).

Trying to legislate public morality has always been a bad idea within the United States, on so many items, which is part of reason I consider myself a Social Libertarian.

Exactly the same as criminals and guns.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #261 on: September 24, 2017, 02:30:13 PM »

I never stand for the anthem for a variety of reasons one mainly being the countries views on Arabs and Muslims. And guess what, it's perfectly my right as an American to do that. It's not unamerican as the TRIGGERED right claims it is.

I do not see a problem with NFL players kneeling either. It's another false outrage the President and the right have.

Arab Muslims were responsible for 9/11.  And many Arab Muslims in America, at a minimum, have a degree of sympathy for Islamic Jihadists.  Given the hostility these nations have toward Israel, why should it be shocking that American citizens have the attitudes some of them have toward Arab Muslims?  Should it be considered unreasonable that American citizens may have doubts as to whether or not Arab Muslims have the same loyalty to America, right or wrong, that they have?

I'll agree that there's false outrage.  But why shouldn't I question the loyalty to America someone who refuses to stand for the Anthem out of loyalty to their country of origin and a grudge against American citizens who support, say, Trump's immigration ban?  Is America YOUR country?  Or is it just where you live?  

That's a real important question because we are NOT a nation bound by "blood and soil" as most nations of the world are.  If we are a nation where significant blocs of its CITIZENS have divided loyalties, let alone a primary loyalty to another nation, ethnic group, religious sect, etc, than what becomes of our experiment in self-government?  How can America function as a nation when one group or another are preoccupied with its ethnic and racial grievances (however justified) to the point where their loyalty to America is conditional?  What one has a right to do or not do is an entirely different question than the question of what attitudes on the part of American citizens are necessary in order for our continuing experiment in self-government and individual liberty to be successful.  When I was young, I thought this unimportant; even authoritarian, but as history has unfolded, I recognize that for America to work, its citizens have to be committed to its success, even over the perceived interest of their own groups of which they consider themselves members of.  
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #262 on: September 24, 2017, 02:32:55 PM »

I never stand for the anthem for a variety of reasons one mainly being the countries views on Arabs and Muslims. And guess what, it's perfectly my right as an American to do that. It's not unamerican as the TRIGGERED right claims it is.

I do not see a problem with NFL players kneeling either. It's another false outrage the President and the right have.

Arab Muslims were responsible for 9/11.  And many Arab Muslims in America, at a minimum, have a degree of sympathy for Islamic Jihadists.  Given the hostility these nations have toward Israel, why should it be shocking that American citizens have the attitudes some of them have toward Arab Muslims?  Should it be considered unreasonable that American citizens may have doubts as to whether or not Arab Muslims have the same loyalty to America, right or wrong, that they have?

I'll agree that there's false outrage.  But why shouldn't I question the loyalty to America someone who refuses to stand for the Anthem out of loyalty to their country of origin and a grudge against American citizens who support, say, Trump's immigration ban?  Is America YOUR country?  Or is it just where you live?  

That's a real important question because we are NOT a nation bound by "blood and soil" as most nations of the world are.  If we are a nation where significant blocs of its CITIZENS have divided loyalties, let alone a primary loyalty to another nation, ethnic group, religious sect, etc, than what becomes of our experiment in self-government?  How can America function as a nation when one group or another are preoccupied with its ethnic and racial grievances (however justified) to the point where their loyalty to America is conditional?  What one has a right to do or not do is an entirely different question than the question of what attitudes on the part of American citizens are necessary in order for our continuing experiment in self-government and individual liberty to be successful.  When I was young, I thought this unimportant; even authoritarian, but as history has unfolded, I recognize that for America to work, its citizens have to be committed to its success, even over the perceived interest of their own groups of which they consider themselves members of.  

I'll just repeat my response in that thread:

WTF? What you said was basically what many Americans believed about Japanese-Americans before the government forced them into internment camps.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #263 on: September 24, 2017, 02:36:09 PM »

Yeah this is pretty deplorable.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #264 on: September 24, 2017, 02:44:21 PM »

I mean, it really should be for the sense of entitlement and moral decay, but I think the former is moreso why.

He's in his early to mid twenties, I think.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: September 25, 2017, 10:35:34 AM »

One great thing about Obama is that he was able to be an alpha male while having a profound sense of self-control. That's very rare... I mean, no matter what you tell yourself, when you have mountains of p**** being thrown at you it's very hard for a warm blooded man to resist. But it's a choice Obama made.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #266 on: September 25, 2017, 11:13:21 AM »

I mean, it really should be for the sense of entitlement and moral decay, but I think the former is moreso why.

He's in his early to mid twenties, I think.
The natural reaction of a kid who hasn't had his first beer should be "man, I wanna have some of that beer."
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #267 on: September 26, 2017, 07:41:19 PM »

Before the end of the century, women will have more rights in SA than in Israel.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #268 on: September 26, 2017, 08:41:27 PM »

Voted A on the first two, no opinion on him calling people SOBs.

I get aggravated when people like LeBron James say Trump is "dividing" America due to his opinions on the national anthem protests.

The people taking a knee during the anthem are the ones beginning the divisions. They started it. That's the divide. Trump saying what millions of others agree with isn't dividing us.

Fake outrage over things that make no sense. That's why the Democratic Party isn't in positions of power.

"They started it" doesn't absolve Trump of responsibility for the effect of his own statements. The issue was created by players kneeling, but Trump's over the top reaction to it made the issue even more polarizing. It's not like only one person can be divisive at a time.

HisGrace, there is no legitimate issue here. Okay? The issue is, the African American community is in shambles. They have the highest dropout rates, the highest crime rates, the highest murder rates, the highest out of wedlock birth rates...the list goes on and on and on.

And it's not Hillary Clinton's fault, it's not Barack Obama's fault, it's not Donald Trump's fault...it's their fault.

You hear these people on the left saying "Whites don't care when a cop shoots a black guy!" You want to know the truth? Whites also don't care when a cop shoots a white guy.

Remember the YouTube comedy clip of "Indifferent White Guy"? It's a parody but it's a funny parody for a reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMqR2XVnV-4

Whites are indifferent when it comes to criminality. They have rejected it out almost outright. If it wasn't for my screwed up millennial generation, things would be better and Trump would have won a Reagan-style victory.

African Americans keep protesting things that make no sense. You can't get angry when there is a justified police shooting. I'm tired of it. Why not get angry at the violence and black on black crime in places like Chicago?

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #269 on: September 26, 2017, 10:56:46 PM »

So should we say, because of Sanders becoming the face of the party, that Democrats are becoming the face of the extreme left? No, just like we shouldn't say the opposite.

And it's Alabama.  Running someone like Moore against someone like Phil Scott in Vermont isn't going to work.

Bernie is intellectually ideological and that's fine and many may disagree but his ideology is rooted in an intellectually consistent belief in things like social democracy. I disagree with him on several things and I supported Hillary in 2016. But there are essentially 0 Democrats who have an insidious, toxic mere presence in the vein of Trump or Moore. The whole embrace of Trump as the conservative populist savior is intellectually inconsistent and dishonest. It's breathtaking.

Coraxion, genocide deniers The Young Turks, Antifa, and Occupy Wall Street might want to talk to you. Come on - Pramila Jayapal, Ben Jealous, Kshama Sawant, David Zuckerman... A lot of very left wing people are beginning to gain popularity. The Democrats almost elected Keith Ellison as their DNC Chair.

TIL that Coraxion is just as notable and relevant as the President and a guy who is soon to be a US Senator.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #270 on: September 26, 2017, 11:13:54 PM »

Voted A on the first two, no opinion on him calling people SOBs.

I get aggravated when people like LeBron James say Trump is "dividing" America due to his opinions on the national anthem protests.

The people taking a knee during the anthem are the ones beginning the divisions. They started it. That's the divide. Trump saying what millions of others agree with isn't dividing us.

Fake outrage over things that make no sense. That's why the Democratic Party isn't in positions of power.

"They started it" doesn't absolve Trump of responsibility for the effect of his own statements. The issue was created by players kneeling, but Trump's over the top reaction to it made the issue even more polarizing. It's not like only one person can be divisive at a time.

HisGrace, there is no legitimate issue here. Okay? The issue is, the African American community is in shambles. They have the highest dropout rates, the highest crime rates, the highest murder rates, the highest out of wedlock birth rates...the list goes on and on and on.

And it's not Hillary Clinton's fault, it's not Barack Obama's fault, it's not Donald Trump's fault...it's their fault.

You hear these people on the left saying "Whites don't care when a cop shoots a black guy!" You want to know the truth? Whites also don't care when a cop shoots a white guy.

Remember the YouTube comedy clip of "Indifferent White Guy"? It's a parody but it's a funny parody for a reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMqR2XVnV-4

Whites are indifferent when it comes to criminality. They have rejected it out almost outright. If it wasn't for my screwed up millennial generation, things would be better and Trump would have won a Reagan-style victory.

African Americans keep protesting things that make no sense. You can't get angry when there is a justified police shooting. I'm tired of it. Why not get angry at the violence and black on black crime in places like Chicago?

Nice guy with economic anxiety, FF Smiley
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #271 on: September 29, 2017, 08:28:57 PM »

Lewis. He has a lot of strong potential opponents, including Pam Myrha, Elizabeth Kautz, Joe Atkins, Laurie Halverson, and Lori Swanson. Of these, I think Myrha, Kautz, or Swanson could beat Lewis.

On Paulsen's possible opponents: Ron Latz or Melissa Hortman would not be too strong. Jacob Frey, Lisa Bender, Paul Thissen, and Mike Freeman all live in Hennepin County, and one of them might "carpetbag" over to the district.

I did explain in a further post in that thread why this post is so dumb.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #272 on: September 30, 2017, 03:00:24 PM »

Man, don't you hate when people get those 'Worst Post of the Month' entries in at the last possible minute:

BRTD wants to hold something like that against a girl half his age, but what's his excuse for all his weird, nonsensical posts?

Well, I can buy alcohol...

So you're the forum's proverbial drunk driver, makin' a mess and ruining lives? Good to know.
how can one "ruin a life" on a message board?  I suppose some people are so emotionally fragile that it could happen, but those people are kind of "ruined" already and were just waiting for the trigger... it's not the fault of the message board or whatever poster did the triggering.  Like those people that don't know they have a weak heart until they ride a roller coaster and die.  It's not the fault of the coaster that they died.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #273 on: September 30, 2017, 04:36:25 PM »

Or maybe if we stop spending money on fictional things trying to determine how much polar ice caps melting cause bears to have diarrhea, maybe we could spend it on better forecasting tool to see storms like Maria and give people more time to prepare?

Human garbage.

It's a shame how so many Americans - or people in general, really - don't understand a thing about the scientific process, the very same process which has brought billions of people out of poverty.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #274 on: October 01, 2017, 03:56:42 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=264430.msg5845311#msg5845311

lmao what a cuck
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length