The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:16:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 236191 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: February 16, 2018, 05:58:21 PM »

We should repeal the 2nd Amendment, seize everyone's guns and do what Australia did. Ordinary people do not need guns.

If they refuse to give up their guns and pose a threat to the army/police they should be labeled as traitors to America and charged with treason, and if they fire their weapons, then all means necessary should be used to stop them.

I strongly stand by my comments.
In that case, I strongly stand against your candidacy for our legislature.

Ok cool, I didn't want your silly support anyways, you're not even in my district, I'd rather have nice people supporting me than a deplorable.

Most people generally prefer that their elected officials actually respect constitutional rights

I do not consider gun rights as a constitutional right no matter what the ancient document says

Then you don't know what Constitutional rights are, LOL.

I'm fully aware of what they are and I'd fight like hell to get rid of it.

It Requires 2/3 of both Houses of Congress for a change in the constitution to even be proposed and then 3/4 of the states to ratify it(Even if you get 2/3 of both houses , it will be impossible to get 3/4 of the states)
Democrats could very well get 3/4 of the state legislatures if 2018 and 2020 are Dem Waves as expected, and then 2022 ends up being another 1934.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1026 on: February 16, 2018, 06:09:24 PM »

We should repeal the 2nd Amendment, seize everyone's guns and do what Australia did. Ordinary people do not need guns.

If they refuse to give up their guns and pose a threat to the army/police they should be labeled as traitors to America and charged with treason, and if they fire their weapons, then all means necessary should be used to stop them.

Ok cool, I didn't want your silly support anyways, you're not even in my district, I'd rather have nice people supporting me than a deplorable.

Most people generally prefer that their elected officials actually respect constitutional rights

I do not consider gun rights as a constitutional right no matter what the ancient document says

It Requires 2/3 of both Houses of Congress for a change in the constitution to even be proposed and then 3/4 of the states to ratify it(Even if you get 2/3 of both houses , it will be impossible to get 3/4 of the states)
Democrats could very well get 3/4 of the state legislatures if 2018 and 2020 are Dem Waves as expected, and then 2022 ends up being another 1934.
But repeal of the 2nd amendment is a fringe position even among Democrats. Most Dems support stricter gun laws but hardly any support repeal. It would have a very hard time being passed in Hawaii, even with close to complete D control of the legislature.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1027 on: February 16, 2018, 11:28:32 PM »

This old classic nonsense is back I see:

Hillary was uniquely bad for Erie and the Wyoming Valley.

The only ones who would do as bad or worse are Booker and Harris. But even they might be saved by the Philly suburbs and Pittsburgh bucking even harder against Trump and his many faults actually as President. Also, third party votes will probably be non-existent in some of these states after 2016 had two grossly unpopular candidates. 2016 was really a sh-t storm.

Coming from a Pennsylvanian, Harris and Booker would have an EASIER time than Clinton. Booker could raise the margins in eastern Pennsylvania and Philadelphia due to the close proximity of his home state (Yes, a candidate's close residence to another state has worked before. e.g. Bernie Sanders with Maine, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire) Harris would just do a hell of a lot better with workers than Clinton. I hate Booker and I understand his electability issues, but I still don't get the hate Kamala gets. It's almost if Atlas is just trolling. 
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1028 on: February 16, 2018, 11:30:21 PM »

Wasn't George Wallace pretty much a segregationist (and socially conservative) Bernie Sanders?
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1029 on: February 16, 2018, 11:49:49 PM »

Wasn't George Wallace pretty much a segregationist (and socially conservative) Bernie Sanders?
This isn't as absurd as it seems on the surface. Wallace was fairly progressive on economic issues.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1030 on: February 17, 2018, 01:22:22 AM »

Its 3/4 of the states(not 3/4 of the legislatures) which means 38/50 states have to ratify it.

Here's 13 states where both houses wont flip dem by 2022

Idaho
Wyoming
Utah
Nebraska(Non-Partisan but it will be majority comprised of Conservatives)
South Dakota
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Alabama
Mississippi
Tennesse
South Carolina
Kentucky
West Virginia

Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #1031 on: February 17, 2018, 02:06:49 AM »

Something something wishing for the genocide of an entire people

to reiterate my point.  The poacher is just a dude trying to get a long.  One of the very few ways this dude has to "get a long" is poaching lions in the middle of the night hoping to not get caught by the park rangers (or whatever) or the lions (or any of the other dangerous wildlife out there).  Nobody wants to hunt lions or rhinos at night, he isn't doing it to be an asshole, he's doing it because he feels it's his best choice at getting by.

You want to want someone to die for killing lions, don't celebrate the death of this poor SOB,  hope for a lot east Asians to die.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1032 on: February 17, 2018, 07:31:08 PM »

This isn't as absurd as it seems on the surface. Wallace was fairly progressive on economic issues.

...He was conservative to the core.

Let's dispel the fiction that Dixiecrats were "economically progressive."  Even during the New Deal, Southern Democrats aided the GOP in opposing FDR's programs.  Most of the Democrat party bosses who controlled the region didn't like black or white poors.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1033 on: February 17, 2018, 08:28:06 PM »

Let's dispel the fiction that Dixiecrats were "economically progressive."  Even during the New Deal, Southern Democrats aided the GOP in opposing FDR's programs.  Most of the Democrat party bosses who controlled the region didn't like black or white poors.
Yeah, Wallace sounds paleocon there - but he became more economically left by the 80s, when he supported universal healthcare.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1034 on: February 17, 2018, 10:28:42 PM »

Yeah, Wallace sounds paleocon there - but he became more economically left by the 80s, when he supported universal healthcare.
A fairly decent amount of paleoconservatives including myself back single payer actually.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1035 on: February 17, 2018, 11:51:59 PM »

A fairly decent amount of paleoconservatives including myself back single payer actually.

why though?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1036 on: February 18, 2018, 01:56:12 AM »

why though?

because their voters are usually poor and bitter
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1037 on: February 18, 2018, 08:20:07 AM »

wew lad

Good policy. France is ethnically divided. A civil war in the next 50 years is more likely than not. This is a last ditch attempt to create a sense of national unity by subjecting everyone to mass indoctrination by the last vestige of conservative authority in the country (the military). I hope it works. If it fails, at least the indigenous population of France will have gained some needed military skills, otherwise they would be hopeless against France's non-indigenous population.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #1038 on: February 18, 2018, 12:26:33 PM »

Lincoln was clearly the worst president ever.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1039 on: February 18, 2018, 03:50:54 PM »

What an informative, in-depth refutation of Ben Shapiro's political philosophy. Certainly not a shallow, immature ad hominem attack at all...Roll Eyes
SHort people often have a biiiig chip on their shoulder.  And it leads, in its extreme forms, to personalities like Ben Shapiro.  If Ben Shapiro were 6'4 instead of 5'4.... he'd probably be a Democrat.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1040 on: February 18, 2018, 03:59:37 PM »

There is nothing absurd nor ignorant about that post.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1041 on: February 18, 2018, 04:02:13 PM »

Democrats controlled an entire region; to say that all of them were "economically progressive" OR economically conservative would be dumb.  There was obviously a spectrum.  However, Southern Democrats only began to oppose the New Deal once it was solidly in place and seen as helping Blacks a tad too much.  There weren't any Southern Democrats opposing the initiatives in the first few years.  It's disingenuous to insinuate they were pretty much just voting exactly like Republicans.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1042 on: February 18, 2018, 04:05:34 PM »

How are 7, 8 and 11 "conservative to the core," exactly?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1043 on: February 18, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »

i'm curious as to why you find that a reasonable idea?

i don't think height can predict someone's political beliefs in any way
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1044 on: February 18, 2018, 05:59:39 PM »

Height?  No.  Insecurity?  Most definitely.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #1045 on: February 18, 2018, 06:08:49 PM »

Crooked loon who supports Black Lives Matter, ‘safe injection sites,’ and illegal immigration.

Ergo FF

Illegal immigration is the reason New Jersey is going to the dogs. Your new sanctuary state policy will price out taxpayers and replace them with illegal welfare recipients. This will send you on a race to the bottom because NJ doesn’t have California’s economy.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1046 on: February 18, 2018, 06:40:48 PM »

Crooked loon who supports Black Lives Matter, ‘safe injection sites,’ and illegal immigration.

Ergo FF

Illegal immigration is the reason New Jersey is going to the dogs. Your new sanctuary state policy will price out taxpayers and replace them with illegal welfare recipients. This will send you on a race to the bottom because NJ doesn’t have California’s economy.
Why does BeastCoast have a green avatar?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1047 on: February 18, 2018, 06:53:53 PM »

you don't have to be insecure about your height. that's your own problem
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1048 on: February 18, 2018, 07:16:14 PM »

you don't have to be insecure about your height. that's your own problem

You don't have to be an idiot. That's your problem.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1049 on: February 18, 2018, 07:22:54 PM »

Is Cordray still pro-gun I know he was endorsed by the NRA back in 2010?

No, he’s not.

He has an A rating from the NRA, and helped strike down Cleveland's assault weapons ban. He's far more pro gun than Bernie, whom the establishment pained as an NRA stooge. But the establishment doesn't care about consistency.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies