The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:33:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 240541 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: May 05, 2018, 04:34:31 PM »

I wouldn't expect a socially conservative person of fair skin from Iowa to understand why Trump is so unpopular among minorities, though.
Nice, some racism posted right into the thread.
You are racist for implying that "fair skin" is a bad thing.
Did no such thing; reading comprehension does not seem to be your strongest suit. It's okay to be white. When you say you "wouldn't expect a person of [insert color] skin to understand [X]", though, that's racist. Try making your point with actual arguments instead of cheap shots at people's ethnic background.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1426 on: May 05, 2018, 04:46:37 PM »

I wouldn't expect a socially conservative person of fair skin from Iowa to understand why Trump is so unpopular among minorities, though.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that was you.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1427 on: May 05, 2018, 05:00:02 PM »

Did no such thing; reading comprehension does not seem to be your strongest suit. It's okay to be white. When you say you "wouldn't expect a person of [insert color] skin to understand [X]", though, that's racist. Try making your point with actual arguments instead of cheap shots at people's ethnic background.

I was complimenting his beautiful acne-free face because I am jealous.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1428 on: May 05, 2018, 11:04:19 PM »

With Kanye West's endorsement President Donald Trump has doubled his support from black voters.

Going from 1-2, he could be correct.

Try from 11-21%

Trump got about 8% of blacks at best, and it wasn't because of Hillary's popularity with them. Many black people couldn't stand Hillary, yet Trump was such a bad & racially problematic candidate that they felt forced to vote her.

That was from the same poll two weeks in a row, but it was only for black males.  I'm sure it's much lower with black females (Republicans usually get double the share of the vote from black men as they do from black women).
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.74, S: 7.22

« Reply #1429 on: May 06, 2018, 07:11:30 AM »

With Kanye West's endorsement President Donald Trump has doubled his support from black voters.

Going from 1-2, he could be correct.

Try from 11-21%

Trump got about 8% of blacks at best, and it wasn't because of Hillary's popularity with them. Many black people couldn't stand Hillary, yet Trump was such a bad & racially problematic candidate that they felt forced to vote her.

I was referring to polling, but I wouldn't expect a Georgia redneck to understand what polling is.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1430 on: May 06, 2018, 07:25:09 AM »

For the record, I was saying that Trump might go from one person to two, thereby doubling his support.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1431 on: May 06, 2018, 09:08:37 AM »

FWIW, I talked to my uncle today about this race. He's from WV originally, is a strong Trumpist, and instilled in our family a deep hatred of Blankenship and his practices. He's rooting for Blankenship now.

Why? He's become so disillusioned with the hypocrisy of the FBI/DoJ in regards to how they handled Trump/Clinton that he's become convinced that Blankenship's prosecution may have been political the whole time. And while I don't entirely agree, I can't help but think that a) that kind of thinking is more than justified even if I disagree in this individual case, b) I think many West Virginians agree.

These people aren't dumb hicks. The relative in question here spends his days driving a truck, and he listens to NPR, C-SPAN, and the SiriusXM channels literally all day. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of Russiagate's timeline that I envy, as I've long lost track of what all has transpired. He and his octogenarian mother who still lives up there talk about this stuff. This story isn't being ignored by Trump Country; quite the contrary, they're following it far more intensely than the opposition, and their rage is growing stronger.

It's part of the reason why I think that Trump will be reelected and that the midterms will largely be a draw. I'm actually beginning to think that Blankenship can actually win, in the sense that if he can win over my Uncle of all people, than he probably can win over enough swing voters to win in general.

Another thing to take into account is that Joe Manchin is unpopular, especially since he shamelessly used a thousand year flood for a bunch of photo-ops and a trip to the Greenbriar. His approvals are starting to drop off dramatically, and I think his attempt to portray himself as the real populist in the race is threatened by Blankenship in a way that Jenkins or Morrissey would envy.

Of course Blankenship is a criminal coal executive billionaire and a complete fraud, but whatever. If there is anything I've learned about politics from observing and participating, its the economy message stupid! Trump is living proof that a proper message can overcome even the most odious character flaws.

I don't think Blankenship is another Roy Moore though. Roy Moore's scandals came out after he won the primary. I think Blakenship, like Trump, has already aired out his dirty laundry.

TL;DR: A bunch of anecdotal regurgitations of what my relatives up there are thinking and what the informal consensus in (at least their immediate) bubble is like.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1432 on: May 07, 2018, 01:32:22 AM »

Aren't you busy defending Neo-Nazis who happen to support Netanyahu?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1433 on: May 07, 2018, 03:55:59 AM »

Contradictio in terminis.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1434 on: May 07, 2018, 06:06:09 AM »

Contradictio in terminis.

Not at all. It's the definition of the modern Republican party.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #1435 on: May 07, 2018, 07:30:51 AM »

I’m hoping and praying that North Korea starts testing their weapons again so this “peace deal” falls apart. That could be the one thing they have to cheerlead over come 2020.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1436 on: May 07, 2018, 08:31:13 AM »

Why, of all people, is this named after me now?
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #1437 on: May 07, 2018, 10:38:15 AM »

Did no such thing; reading comprehension does not seem to be your strongest suit. It's okay to be white.
No one said it isn't

You must be logged in to read this quote.
There are multiple definitions of "racism," and saying that, say, white people can't understand what it's like to be black doesn't fit any of them, not even the loosest one. Bringing up race isn't racism.

That's almost like saying that I'm homophobic because I don't think straight people can fully understand what it's like to be gay. It's something that's literally true.

(also, there's a difference between understanding with your head and understanding via your life experiences)

In America, at least, being judge, jury, and executioner can be a figure of speech.  I don't mean he is really dead.
ok but do you understand what a lynching is
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1438 on: May 07, 2018, 07:48:42 PM »

not having the correct opinions.like all open minded people should
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1439 on: May 07, 2018, 08:05:20 PM »

not having the correct opinions.like all open minded people should

This is that kind of echo chamber, but at least we got some right-of-center people here.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1440 on: May 07, 2018, 08:09:56 PM »

I don't think it is.  Thread title is just acknowledging that most usages of the term "grassroots" are absurd and ignorant.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1441 on: May 07, 2018, 08:49:58 PM »

The SPLC is a hate group who "routinely espouse a wide range of utter falsehoods".
No, the SPLC is a scam. At the end of the day it’s merely a scam.

Says the "reformed" white supremacist....
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1442 on: May 08, 2018, 12:34:02 AM »

The SPLC is a hate group who "routinely espouse a wide range of utter falsehoods".

Says the "former" Democrat....
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1443 on: May 08, 2018, 01:09:50 AM »

Badger could wipe his ass with your best efforts and still improve upon them.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1444 on: May 08, 2018, 01:27:04 AM »

Go to sleep kid. You're way out of your league.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1445 on: May 08, 2018, 03:02:54 AM »

It might have something to do with this:

It just keeps coming:

In 2008, everything that Obama did wrong, they blamed it on Bush.

Right-wingers frequently engage in intellectual dishonesty, but I thought they'd retire this one in the Trump era.

Or with this:

Two questions:

1. What exactly are they protesting? They are way more privileged than the average American worker, and they have the loony teacher unions protecting them from losing their third yearly vacation.

2. Aren't they supposed to be teaching?

This post might be worse than GreenLine's post in the thread. While I get that it's an American pastime to talk like an expert about subjects we know virtually nothing about, I think the subject which is spoken about with the most ignorance is education/teaching (though climate science is a close second.) The amount people assume that they know about teaching that is completely wrong is staggering. It's as if I were to say "Why do doctors say their job is so hard? Taking blood pressure and stick needles in people for 300k a year seems pretty easy to me!"
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1446 on: May 08, 2018, 08:19:00 AM »

We can’t all just spend each night wired on speed like Badger.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1447 on: May 08, 2018, 10:44:32 AM »

Nationalist, not supremacist.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1448 on: May 09, 2018, 01:46:07 AM »

We can’t all just spend each night wired on speed like Badger.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1449 on: May 09, 2018, 08:43:07 AM »

Cordrays biggest supporters don't live in Ohio, Kucinich can squek through based on name recognition and support amongst minority voters
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies