The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:53:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 236703 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: August 03, 2017, 08:27:09 PM »

I was making a point re the 1st amendment grounds to the SJW side of the thread being locked and not as much to Atlas. I will say that a private forum is still grounds for 1st Amendment protections and rights within the ToS. It is also subject to Equal Protection (14 Amendment) in that forums on the Internet can be anything, Atlas or other sites that may be unseemly (Stormers, e.g.) but not banned.

Gustaf, refusing to publish an article (post) doesn't mean the whole magazine (or thread if you extend the analogy) shuts down and refuses any and all future articles because of its inherent nature as a ceased publication. The nature of the 1st Amendment must extend throughout any platform, printed or electronic, and its protections granted throughout.

Edit: I would add here, that overall the 1st applies to the Forum as a whole but the participatory extension of some commenters and exclusion of others violates what is essentially the definition of an open forum and defeats the purpose of a thread in the first place.

Definition of forum
plural forums also foraplay \ˈfȯr-ə\
a :  the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business
b :  a public meeting place for open discussion The club provides a forum for people interested in local history.
c :  a medium (such as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 10:45:22 PM »

FWIW, she's 38, that's pre-menopause. Biologically she's in an age range that men would still find many women attractive, as she's still capable of breeding. That said I don't find her anything special.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 04:44:45 AM »

Left to Right

Labour Liberal Democrats Conservative

Conservatives in the UK would be like moderate Dems here in the US. The only party that would be more like the GOP would be UKIP even UKIP is pro-choice. Pretty much no more UKIP due to Brexit passing.
... You really think that Boris Johnson, Theresa May, and Liam Fox would be Democrats??

Well, just favoring single payer health care puts them on the fringe left in American political spectrum.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »

I'm not going to even bother to try to highlight any individual posts from this thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=270147.0

Basically nothing but people who apparently are fortune tellers who can exactly tell what the Democratic primaries will be like 3 years in advance and have full knowledge of everyone running plus LOADS of scorching hot takes.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 08:03:24 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2017, 08:05:32 AM by Compassion Fills the Void »

I'm thinking Kamala Harris as he can make the argument that his VP is from the most populous state and the most populous democratic state in the country. Otherwise possibly Roy Cooper. He's a popular governor from a swing state that generally leans republican that could be flipped with Roy Cooper on the ticket. I think Cooper will be on everyone's short list for the democratic ticket in 2020

What an argument it's important to make!

Interview:

Q: Mr. Delaney, why are you a better candidate than Trump to be President?
Delaney: Well my running mate is from the most populous state and the most populous democratic state in the country.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 02:53:17 PM »

How is this Trump's fault? Neo-Nazi's have been around for centuries.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 11:29:43 AM »

This is SO hilariously wrong now that most people present identified have been from out of state and at least one has been fired.

This is a pretty good post I saw on the issue...

You must be logged in to read this quote.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 11:44:22 AM »

But it also said "I bet you that after they go home, not a single one will lose their jobs"

One guy present has already been confirmed fired.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 08:22:46 PM »

People who say "COULD care less" instead of "COULDN'T care less" sound dumb.

Oh God yes. One of my least favorite sayings.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 10:52:51 PM »

From the thread's namesake

I think Sanchez's personal...problems are enough of a punishment for him.
You're glad my brother is autistic? Whatever dickbag.
Was that caused by the same undesirable, inbred genes that caused you to become a neo-Nazi alt-rightist?

Holy moly. We should really consider a temporary ban.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 01:37:04 PM »

I'm actually quite disappointed by this. Bannon, unscrupulous and raw as he may be, is a genuine intellectual. The empire he built at Breitbart is utterly deplorable, but he as an individual offered an ideologically articulate form of populism -- albeit, a variety I disapprove of -- which was going to be absolutely central to maintaining even the slightest fantasy that Trump is a populist. Maybe they never were really going to drain the swamp, but we'll never know. Without Bannon, it's now certain that it's not happening.

Long-term, this was a very bad decision for the stability of the White House.

I'm glad, the less populist and less stable the republican party is, the better my favored causes and strategies would do.

Oh, I'm certainly not upset that the Republicans will suffer as a result of this. I'm just regretful that Steve Bannon wasn't on our side to begin with. If it weren't for his extreme social views, he could have been very valuable in a Democratic administration.

The best thing Steve Bannon could do for the country right now would be to go into hiding for a few months and then reappear in the media as an outspoken, populist Blue Dog Democrat. Ideally, that would mean a genuine change of heart on a few things and general acceptance from the Democratic party -- a situation which is way too much to ask for.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 07:48:18 AM »

largely have been able to avoid this Gigantic Douche, but he's a big jerk who contributes nothing positive to the forum

x R2D2

Just because he "contributes nothing" (IYHO), that is no reason to ban him.  If Coraxion is banned, will I be next, because I support Trump?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 09:30:37 PM »

The stupid thing is that would just be the Canada-United States Free Trade Agreement which predated NAFTA. NAFTA without Mexico would be completely redundant.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 01:47:48 AM »

A guy whose middle name is "Hussein" got elected, sexual orientation is not going to be a problem. A lot of white Republicans have no problem with gays and lesbians these days, and even when homosexuality was more controversial, gays were controversial than lesbians.
Despite how the media portrays it, the Democrat Party is not full of bleeding heart SJW liberals. The black Democrats Ms. Baldwin will need to win the EC are VERY conservative when it comes to LGBT issues. They are not coming out to vote for a lesbian, and the attacks on her in a GE whether they be covert or overt will hurt her. She will not be winning a national election anytime soon.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 02:01:54 AM »

51% = "VERY conservative"? Also that's two years old.

See also the results from the black part of Milwaukee in 2012.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 02:05:23 PM »

338: John Bel Edwards/Stacey Abrams - 49.2%
200: Donald Trump/Kelly Ayotte - 40.8%
John Monds/Robert Sarvis - 8.8%
Others - 1.2%
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2017, 07:57:35 PM »

Cleveland - Libertarian
Wilson - Republican (Palmer Raids, Espionage and Sedition Acts, neconservative foreign policy)

TIL I learned that neoconservatism existed from 1912-1920.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 05:57:45 AM »

Gillibrand's political career was started and based in a rural working class area. Harris started in San Francisco.
1/3 of Americans live in the 100 largest cities.
1/3 of Americans live in those cities' suburbs.
1/3 of Americans live everywhere else.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2017, 11:46:42 PM »

Why was Brandt such a big deal among the European left in the seventies? He doesn't seem to have done anything particularly innovative.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2017, 11:27:02 PM »

I just don't see how she (or Warren, or Booker) is going to claw back ground in Scranton PA or Eau Claire WI
She doesn't have to. She has to claw back ground in Philadelphia and Milwaukee.

Rare example of a post that belongs here for not just being stupid but also objectively mathematically false.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 10:41:07 PM »

Lol Paula Jean Swearengin primarying Joe Manchin. Dumbest thing Justice Dems could possibly do is waste time, money, energy, and resources, on losing in a red state.

Well as I've said before, Manchin is basically a Republican.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 08:54:38 PM »

We need a fiscally moderate, socially liberal globalist, who can win AZ and FL and the Philadelphia suburbs.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 09:03:43 PM »

We need a fiscally moderate, socially liberal globalist, who can win AZ and FL and the Philadelphia suburbs.

At least he gives fair warning with his username.

The name itself deserves a mention, especially seeing as how no one even in the UK Labour Party embraces the label and it's not used as anything but an epithet. It's akin to unironically calling yourself "alt-left".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2017, 08:24:24 PM »

She's basically a moderate if you put her in European politics. America's Political discourse has moved so far to the right however.

Can either you or PC explain how she is a perfect for the Liberal Democrats, or say the Dutch D66 or En Marche? Are those parties Trotskyist?

Perhaps the original post wasn't specific enough; I guess it would be fairer to say that she's a moderate by Scandinavian or Central European standards. I think we're nitpicking though; the broader point is that the spectrum of political ideology and the placement of "extremes" in the U.S. is very far to the right relative to the rest of the world.

TIL that Trotskyists are moderate in Scandinavia and Central Europe. I guess this means that Gerard Schroeder and Helle Thorning-Schmidt must be Maoists or something.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 07:56:38 PM »

Democrats are basically Republicans that are pro gay marriage and pro abortion...but the political discourse hasn't been moved to the far right? Ok.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies