The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:46:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 238204 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 13, 2017, 10:04:19 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if his ad campaign includes dog-whistle praising of white-nationalist/Nazis.
Oh yeah.. Trump's definitely a nazi
CC: Simple Truths Reservoir
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 08:04:43 PM »

If the voters in Lipinski and Cuellar's district want anti-abortion and anti same-sex marriage candidates they should just elect Republicans.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 07:47:09 AM »

Just in case anybody starts talking sh*t about me just remember that you can mock me as much as you'd like, this does not mean a thing. Firstly, none of you "get" me. I have an extraordinary mind not only as said by me, but also by far more intelligent people than me. I have a friend who's currently studying engineering physics who says I'm one of the few people that can keep up with him in a complicated conversation. Secondly, to all of your surprise, yes I do have friends, I met my best friend 17 years ago and we're like brothers since, he's aware that I'm a brainiac and sometimes calls me a walking encyclopedia, and I don't see why here I have to dumb down myself for the sake of attracting the affection of "internet people". I am who I am and you people know nothing about me, all you can do is make assumptions based on a few internet comments. I can't stop you doing it, but I can choose to either take it seriosly or just entertain myself. And to end with - “The thing about smart people is that they seem like crazy people to dumb people.” - Stephen Hawking. So yeah just remember my brilliance and keep that in mind.
(JacobinAmerican's post, to be exact)
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 10:25:54 AM »

Just in case anybody starts talking sh*t about me just remember that you can mock me as much as you'd like, this does not mean a thing. Firstly, none of you "get" me. I have an extraordinary mind not only as said by me, but also by far more intelligent people than me. I have a friend who's currently studying engineering physics who says I'm one of the few people that can keep up with him in a complicated conversation. Secondly, to all of your surprise, yes I do have friends, I met my best friend 17 years ago and we're like brothers since, he's aware that I'm a brainiac and sometimes calls me a walking encyclopedia, and I don't see why here I have to dumb down myself for the sake of attracting the affection of "internet people". I am who I am and you people know nothing about me, all you can do is make assumptions based on a few internet comments. I can't stop you doing it, but I can choose to either take it seriosly or just entertain myself. And to end with - “The thing about smart people is that they seem like crazy people to dumb people.” - Stephen Hawking. So yeah just remember my brilliance and keep that in mind.
(JacobinAmerican's post, to be exact)

No need to be triggered. It was nothing personal, chief.
TechnocacyTimmy is a good friend of mine. I am not really a fan of how you treated him.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 04:45:00 PM »

TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 02:36:55 PM »

Is it really too much to ask that the next Democratic President chooses a Health Secretary who doesn't believe that healthcare is a privilege?
I'm tired of this whole privilege/right debate. Healthcare is objectively not a right. There aren't any inherent natural rights, and everything is relative. Similarly, what people deserve is subjective. Universal healthcare is, however, good policy and that is why both I and probably Ralph Northam support it.

TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 02:43:12 PM »

Is it really too much to ask that the next Democratic President chooses a Health Secretary who doesn't believe that healthcare is a privilege?
I'm tired of this whole privilege/right debate. Healthcare is objectively not a right. There aren't any inherent natural rights, and everything is relative. Similarly, what people deserve is subjective. Universal healthcare is, however, good policy and that is why both I and probably Ralph Northam support it.

There is nothing absurd nor ignorant about that post.
Another iteration of the 'if you believe said thing you MUST be a republican'.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 03:01:37 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2017, 03:09:57 PM by Southern Deputy Speaker/National Archivist TimTurner »

There is nothing absurd nor ignorant about that post.
Another iteration of the 'if you believe said thing you MUST be a republican'.

Well, which party would "healthcare is objectively not a right" belong better in?
More Rs hold said position than Ds. But that is far from the only relevant question in determining what party Blairite belongs to. This just screams of insanely exclusive doctrinal purity, a true cancer. The fact is that the Democratic party is a big tent, period. Sjoyce doesn't like that? Boo hoo. He will have to suck it up.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 11:17:13 PM »

Look, I agree with Sjoyce on the issue of Healthcare being regarded as a right. What I don't agree with is the claim Blairite is automatically a Republican for thinking otherwise. I care about maintaining a big tent. We don't need to (and shouldn't ever feel the desire to) adopt Blairite's point of view on this, but to trot out the litmus test card as a response is just lame.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 08:43:07 PM »

Wow, France's Jupiterian leader seems to attract from support from every kind of person. That's an omen.

He appears to act generally to the “right” of the currently moribund Merkel premiership. He also appears slightly more protectionist and cautious on refugees than your average Europeist. If that’s what neoliberalism now looks like, then so be it. But I also read biased sources.
Does Macron have the endorsement of the people of Jupiter?
(The place in Florida)
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 09:04:06 PM »

TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 05:02:42 AM »

If the Dems hold their convention in San Francisco or Atlanta, that would be the equivalent of the GOP holding it in Moscow.
Yeah, that one is nonsense.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2018, 06:45:35 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2018, 06:48:45 AM by Punxsutawney Phil »

I speak from the perspective of someone who is partly descended from Sicilians, Spaniards, Irish, and English immigrants to the United States.

I think immigration is something that adds more to society than it takes away. It brings forth new perspectives, new ideas, enriches society, contributes to culture. The history of some big city enclaves (like Polish-Americans in Chicago, etc) is rich and adds to the fabric of our history. And economic migration, a major component of immigration to the US both historically and presently,  doesn't come out of thin air - it comes because people live in squalor, poverty, misery. They want to come to the land of opportunity. They want to help their families. They want themselves and/or their children to live a better existence and staying put where they are can make that impossible.

And immigrants are hard-working people who work day and night to support themselves and their loved ones. They mow our lawns, support our economy, staff many low-income jobs. And they work very hard. They are not foreigners stealing our jobs. They are as American as apple pie. They value hard work and they have a strong work ethic. They help build our country. They are hated by too many people, many of whom have a profoundly negative, wrong-headed way of thinking on this issue.

We should be letting in millions of immigrants a year. Because that would not harm our nation, it would enrich it. We need to be lenient on economic migrants and give them a route to citizenship, to reward them for their hard work. We need to allow people who live in violence-ridden countries more leeway to stay in here legally, so that they can escape their unsafe home countries and enjoy the prosperity of this nation. We need to be forgiving and kind to those who reach our shores.

Not everyone who wants to enter the US necessarily should be allowed to (case in point: Mexican drug lords). But too many who want to enter and do have perfectly sensible reasons for doing so are forbidden from doing so because of our broken immigration policy. We need reforms. We need more immigrants of all colors, black, brown, red, and yes, white. And this needs to be paired with a regimen that ensures that a reasonably high amount of people allowed in can be certified as having legitimate reason. Not doing that would actually qualify as open borders, and it would be a terrible open borders policy.

I speak from the perspective of someone who is partly descended from Irish and Russian Jewish immigrants to the United States.

We shouldn't have any more immigration for a very long time.

US citizenship is a great thing, so we shouldn't devalue it further.

I look at US citizenship the way I look at a great romantic/sexual relationship.

If I'm in love with a woman and I have sex with her and I really enjoy it, my first impulse isn't "wow, that was really good...I think every person in the world who wants it should be able to have sex with this woman. I mean, I liked doing it, so it would be unfair to not to allow everyone else on the planet to do it"

No. My impulse is "I would like this woman to stop having sex with additional people from now on. She may have had sex with other people in the past, and that's fine, there's nothing that can be done about that now regardless, but I definitely would prefer her not to have sex with any additional people in the future".

My experience with my partner is not going to be improved by her getting gangbanged by a million poor people.

Nor is the experience of any US citizen going to be improved by allowing additional millions of poor people to immigrate here.

It's been a long time since I've seen such a dramatic drop off in writing quality from one piece to another. Comparing allowing immigrants into our country to getting "gangbanged by a million poor people" is my favorite part.
Maybe that's because I spent maybe 20 minutes or so writing all that. If my post there wasn't an effortpost, what is? Tongue
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 03:54:37 PM »

Obama gave 20+ million people healthcare, managing to slow the increase in the utterly skyrocketing costs of medical insurance. He was the best president since LBJ.
I stand by my positive view on Obama - the overboard, ridiculous, insane way the GOP dealt with him, along with the amazing grace* he brought to the Office of the Presidency, were two factors that helped shape my politics. Obama made many mistakes but he also made many good decisions as well and I'm glad he served in the office. He left America in better shape than he first found it.
*= Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies