The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:10:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 236817 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« on: December 30, 2017, 12:50:51 AM »

Context:

Peter's short-lived reign as emperor was just as much of a failure as Bush's presidency. But still, I'd support him.
Oh my...
I was talking about Petoria...
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 02:17:51 AM »

Did you even look at the thread? This is supposed to be a hypothetical election infobox thread. I created a completely hypothetical, fun one. While I’m a Melenchon fan and I can’t stand Macron I’m also smart enough to realize he’d never win by those margins.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 08:14:11 PM »

This, and worse, is the cost we will all pay for the GOP nominating, electing, and refusing to remove, Kim Jong Trump.

The entire GOP is responsible for every murder and assault committed by a Trump cultist.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 11:21:25 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2018, 11:24:01 PM by MB »

Posters like Eharding, krazen, MB, ahugecat, Greedo, Thomas Jackson, and so on have all been worthy of recognition, but Naso has remarkable longevity and notoriety that makes me think he deserves this for a while. And yeah eugenics-supporter Famous Mortimer has had his time.
I don't get how I'm lumped in with Greedo and Eharding.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 08:57:14 PM »

It still pisses me off that Martin O Malley did not have the guts to gerrymander Andy Harris out of his seat.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 08:06:48 PM »

Must be from the moderate wing of the party.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 06:09:24 PM »

We should repeal the 2nd Amendment, seize everyone's guns and do what Australia did. Ordinary people do not need guns.

If they refuse to give up their guns and pose a threat to the army/police they should be labeled as traitors to America and charged with treason, and if they fire their weapons, then all means necessary should be used to stop them.

I strongly stand by my comments.
In that case, I strongly stand against your candidacy for our legislature.

Ok cool, I didn't want your silly support anyways, you're not even in my district, I'd rather have nice people supporting me than a deplorable.

Most people generally prefer that their elected officials actually respect constitutional rights

I do not consider gun rights as a constitutional right no matter what the ancient document says

Then you don't know what Constitutional rights are, LOL.

I'm fully aware of what they are and I'd fight like hell to get rid of it.

It Requires 2/3 of both Houses of Congress for a change in the constitution to even be proposed and then 3/4 of the states to ratify it(Even if you get 2/3 of both houses , it will be impossible to get 3/4 of the states)
Democrats could very well get 3/4 of the state legislatures if 2018 and 2020 are Dem Waves as expected, and then 2022 ends up being another 1934.
But repeal of the 2nd amendment is a fringe position even among Democrats. Most Dems support stricter gun laws but hardly any support repeal. It would have a very hard time being passed in Hawaii, even with close to complete D control of the legislature.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 08:28:06 PM »

Wasn't George Wallace pretty much a segregationist (and socially conservative) Bernie Sanders?
This isn't as absurd as it seems on the surface. Wallace was fairly progressive on economic issues.

...He was conservative to the core.

Let's dispel the fiction that Dixiecrats were "economically progressive."  Even during the New Deal, Southern Democrats aided the GOP in opposing FDR's programs.  Most of the Democrat party bosses who controlled the region didn't like black or white poors.
Yeah, Wallace sounds paleocon there - but he became more economically left by the 80s, when he supported universal healthcare.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 08:35:31 PM »

Only a ticket with zero white males will satisfy me.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 10:46:30 PM »

[https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=286511.msg6094362#new This entire thread]
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 05:29:27 PM »

The irony of multi-millonaries talking about the wage gap in this country, especially 3 house Bernie and that fat guy.  Bet you that there was no mention of POC struggle during this circus among those 3 white populists.

POC are going to revolt if they see these two wackos be selected for the Democratic ticket.

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 06:55:12 PM »

If the Maryland map, which is not even that gerrymandered to begin with, is struck down, without one of the Republican Congressional gerrymanders simultaneously struck down at the same time, that would make obvious that the Supreme Court is nothing more than a partisan institution.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 03:41:10 PM »

-2017 British general election: Conservatives should've won by a landslide, especially since Corbyn is a nutcase and Labour is openly Marxist and anti-Semitic.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 05:02:21 PM »

And like really, what else is he gonna do? What would his core constituency among black regular democratic primary voters in the South be? He's not gonna get a hearing from Bakari Sellers-esque business progressives, he's not gonna get a hearing from the old CRM crowd that has since yielded to the practicalities of politics, &c. His only real, practical choice is an end-run.

Black supporters of Bernie Sanders:

Nina Turner: was begging for the Clintons endorsement in 2014, then trashed them as the destroyers of the Democratic party two years later. Endorsed for governor of Ohio a Trump apologist, conspiracy theorist, Fox News Democrat.

Cornell West: called Obama an "Uncle Tom", praised Trump as "authentic human being", voted in the general for Russian plant Jill Stein.

Killer Mike: NRA mouthpiece that went on NRA TV and attacked Parkland kids the day they marched for their lives.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 05:34:15 PM »

Is anything I wrote untrue or inaccurate?
Just asking.
No, but you picked and chose. They weren't the only black people to endorse Bernie Sanders.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 08:47:13 PM »

Absurdity and Ignorance is whoever decided to co-name this board after MB.
Heatcharger probably as he's the OP.

But if anything I like the honor.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 08:38:27 PM »

Let's be honest here, the entire south seceeding wouldn't necessarily be a terrible thing. Republicans could have their dream state and liberals could have theirs. The "North" would become more like Canada and northwestern Europe with nationalized health care, free education, higher taxes and an overall larger welfare state, while the "South" would try to imagine that it is still 1950 with guns everywhere, illegal abortion, defacto racial segregation and zero welfare. I wonder where most prosperous, innovative people would want to live?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 04:36:14 PM »

Randy Bryce makes Bernie Sanders look like Ted Cruz. That's how radical he is. He wants to completely do away with ICE. I'm going to go ahead and say Ryan and even that other far right wing lunatic Paul Nellehn would win at least 60-40
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 09:06:15 PM »

People under 18 are represented by their parents.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 12:30:53 PM »

You see, that's why nobody can take the alt-left seriously. You state a simple fact of life and they pile up on you as if you just said that eating live babies is good for your health.
It was the context, talking about under-18s being politically active.

No, they're not in all cases represented by their parents, especially politically. Parents and their children have different political views a lot of the time. That's a fact of life.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2018, 12:42:41 PM »

You see, that's why nobody can take the alt-left seriously. You state a simple fact of life and they pile up on you as if you just said that eating live babies is good for your health.
It was the context, talking about under-18s being politically active.

No, they're not in all cases represented by their parents, especially politically. Parents and their children have different political views a lot of the time. That's a fact of life.

Who cares?
Lyndon took his own post out of context.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2018, 06:42:25 PM »

I disagree. We're talking about stay-at-home mothers here, not stay-at-home parents, implying that the norm is for mothers to stay at home--which is wrong, and indicates a sexist societal norm. Regardless, I don't have much respect for parents who choose to stay home.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2018, 10:26:50 PM »

I admit, I'm starting to worry something's gonna come out against Mr. Rogers at this point.
I would not mind if he was hit.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2018, 05:21:33 PM »

About time.

This is what Trump's America watches, so anything that inconveniences them can only be a good thing.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2018, 08:04:31 PM »

The leading candidate in this race is a white male you idiots.

Yeah, but I was told Democrats hate white men. Never mind that 61% of Democratic Senators (including the Democratic Senate leader and whip) and 81% of Democratic governors are white men, they HATE white men because I said so.

(This is sarcasm, if it’s not obvious enough)

Most of these men were grandfathered in from before the Jeppe/Bosse-types violently took over the party and started imposing penis penalties on anybody running in Democratic primaries.  I guarantee those percentages are skewed.

“Penis penalties”

To be fair, this is actually a pretty accurate characterization of Jeppe’s raisón d’ętre for politics

Hmm that is a good point, though I don’t think Hofoid was being quite that specific

(Gauche had a similar worldview as I recall)
Gauche and Jeppe are the same poster.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies