The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:52:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 238084 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: August 04, 2017, 11:57:16 PM »

Mods, please delete this thread, thanks.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 07:19:41 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2017, 07:21:40 PM by shua »

What is absurd about this? I'm not an Armenia expert, so I don't know much about their internal politics (aside from a 50 page article I once read on the late Soviet-era/early independence era Armenian church), so I am left to assume you are referring to its friendship with Iran.

Preferring one country over another purely based on religion is practically the definition of bigotry. Plus, I get the feeling he would not be saying that if the question was whether he preferred Malta or, say, Bosnia.

Preferences between abstract constructs aren't bigotry.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 05:49:13 PM »

I got really nervous since I thought the brunt would hit the Miami area at first. I am more relieved now because it looks as though it will roast the west coast instead. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see people and stuff destroyed, but if it is inevitable, I would rather have it hit a red area than a blue area. As people correctly pointed out about LA post Katrina, maybe a reverse of that will happened in Florida, which could really help out in 2018 and 2020.
Emphasis mine
It actually makes me angry to read stuff like this. Jesus...

I know.  I also get angry whenever I see someone use the media's dumb "red = Republican, blue = Democrat" color scheme.

Maybe he meant that he prefers for it to hit a Democratic area than a Republican area, as that would help trigger sympathy for Democrats - or that he misspoke and meant to say it would help Republicans, which would make sense, as he is a very conservative Democrat.

or maybe he was just referring to the Doppler effect.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 02:00:03 AM »

Aunt Tammy's Hut was one of the most forgettable sequels of all time.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 05:02:14 PM »

MasterJedi made a good post; it definitely does not belong in this thread.

Yes he made a good post, but I don't remember what it was.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 01:32:23 AM »

Ask yourself this. Would you be comfortable with Anthony Weiner working in a kindergarten? I would, because there is no evidence that he is sexually attracted to actual children.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 10:49:53 PM »

I love how before he concluded his mouth-foaming tangent about how a Muslim immigrant blowing himself up will lead to the total collapse of American society, he laid out a specific list of Senate and House seats that would flip (before the collapse, of course).

King Lear is a real up and coming star and has great potential to be added to Atlas's trolling hall of fame. He puts in a decent amount of effort, after all.

Are you telling me that the first thing on your mind after hundreds parish in a terrorist attack wouldn’t be predicting exact congressional seats that would flip?

Immediately after the Vegas shooting I drew up County and district trend maps of Vegas and NV-1 going back to 1904 to determine the 2018 margin there. I did this all before the bodies were even buried.

everyone has their own methods of coping.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 08:20:41 PM »

Very impressed that the Reaganfan Reservation Director's Cut includes full Badger Commentary.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 12:27:55 PM »

LOL Reagan clearly told in that campaign why America needed to be made great again. He said taxes were too high, government had gotten too big, the previous administrations seemed to be helpless to deal with inflation, and America was getting pushed around by our enemies .

Did you forget "welfare queens".

a term Reagan isn't recorded as having used.  Reagan may have benefited from racism in some people's response to what he said but the woman Reagan was referring to was white.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 01:27:21 PM »

I'm not a fan of the anti-frat rhetoric that is popping up these days, but I agree this is disgusting, but for a slightly different reason.  Sex cannot be meaningless.  The acceptance of casual sex has led to so many other problems in society (including the rise of sexual assaults, which come from a gray area in the world of one-night stands).

So you think sex should be meaningless and casual but also people should be extremely cautious about touching each other?   Good grief.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 04:15:15 PM »

obviously TR then Lincoln. Both would obviously be Democrats today.

Im not sure about that, as the current politician that most like both those Presidents are Republicans .

Most like TR is John McCain

Most like Lincoln is Bruce Rauner

The distortion of TR's legacy continues it seems. And fu'cking Bruce Rauner as any comparison to Abraham Lincoln is laughable.

Ok Rauner was a bad comparison but Lincoln would be most like a moderate Republican today(and since Rauner was one and from Illinois i made that comparison)

Ah yes. The party that defends the Confederacy and their traitor statues and goes berserk when black people kneel would be a great fit for a modern day Lincoln.

Not to mention the Lincoln that said that "Labor was prior to capital" and corresponded with Marx.

Feel free to prove me wrong, but I am led to believe that Marx simply wrote him a letter of congratulations upon his 1860 victory. And I believe noted social democrat William McKinley was the next GOP nominee to place labor before capital.

It was Comrade Grover Cleveland who declared Labor Day a national holiday.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 02:14:29 AM »

I take that back. They should pass a law that automatically deposits a vote for themselves based on citizens' ethnicity, and sit back as muh Demographic DestinyTM takes over. The actual legislative agenda should just be to sit around on C-SPAN with their pants off masturbating over a giant poster of Demographic DestinyTM. Free vibrators for the Congresswomen.

Great post, though the last little sentence was a bit weird and gratuitous.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 01:58:59 AM »

Well, now that it's over I can honestly say that it's time to get behind Lipinski, if only to show the rest of the Country that we in the state of Illinois overwhelmingly hate Illinois Nazis.

Thank you for this very mature statement. It is everyone's job to push back against neo-nazis.

It's too late. The guy already got 12,000 votes. It's the biggest show of support for Nazism in American history. And if he loses in a landslide in November, he'll just point to Le Pen's loss in 2002 and reassert that history is on his side.

Most of those people probably were not aware of that, especially with only one candidate. Despite the numbers, we should always push back against neo-nazis.

I'm a bit late to the thread, as I just recently got off work and then had had to do a system restore thanks to Microsoft....

So from what I gather we had a Conservative Democratic that is Anti-Choice win in a heavily Democratic district in Chicago and the immediate suburban areas against a Progressive and Pro-Choice Dem?

The part that I might well be missing here is where is Lipinski's record or history as a Neo-Nazi or European style Fascist?Huh

I don't take this lightly, considering that my Sister is Jewish and in my younger years a few decades back participated in various "Antifa" style demonstrations against the Nazi scum trying to take over our neighborhoods in the Pacific Northwest as well as the Industrial States of the Midwest, and a few years after getting out of College in the Midwest came back to my small Oregon Town and within a year a Native American Homeless man was murdered by two White Supremacists barely a year out of the State Pen....

Hey---- I would rather the Progressive Dem have won this race, but anyone accusing a Polish-American of being a Nazi sounds a bit off in my book...

But since I was late to the Party and most of the thread appears to have been various arguments regarding Abortion and the like and various hyperbole between several different Atlas factions instead of maybe some awesome precinct and ward maps for this primary compared and contrasted against '16 and '08 DEM PRES PRIM results, not to mention statewide Primary elections maybe matched up with Socio-Demographic Maps of CD-03, etc....

Alas, I left this thread feeling emptier than I did before I started reading, and no hard feelings to anyone involved in the passion of the moment.... Smiley

So Lipinsky will likely limp along until 2020 where he loses with a higher Primary turnout and still votes overwhelmingly with the Dems in the 'House on in the interim on virtually all significant issues.

I recall writing a 300 College Level History 15 Page paper back in the early '90s about changing and comparative voting habits in Chicago between 1848 and 1860 as various Ethnic Europeans moved into the cities in large numbers when it was the fastest growing town in America.

Chicago is one of those cities where Ethnic Politics still play heavy, especially in a Democratic Primary.

Fine... the US House doesn't determine Reproductive Rights nor Marriage Equality, and let's say the House flips in 2018, this guy will likely be on the same train as most Dems.

Progressives move on, nothing to see here and there's another election down in the line in a Safe Dem district.

calling opponents of aboriton "anti-choice" is dumb but otherwise I don't see how this is a bad post.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2018, 08:09:56 PM »

Why, of all people, is this named after me now?

I don't think it is.  Thread title is just acknowledging that most usages of the term "grassroots" are absurd and ignorant.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2018, 12:34:02 AM »

The SPLC is a hate group who "routinely espouse a wide range of utter falsehoods".
No, the SPLC is a scam. At the end of the day it’s merely a scam.

Says the "reformed" white supremacist....

Says the "former" Democrat....
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 10:19:13 PM »

The SPLC is a hate group who "routinely espouse a wide range of utter falsehoods".
No, the SPLC is a scam. At the end of the day it’s merely a scam.

Says the "reformed" white supremacist....

Says the "former" Democrat....
Badger could wipe his ass with your best efforts and still improve upon them.

I guess if you're into the sort of thing.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 01:16:04 PM »

Some people need take their dogs to get their ears checked.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2018, 02:05:39 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/SENATE/2018/polls.php?action=indpoll&id=18120180807248

rename this thread in honor of Trafalgar Group crosstabs imo
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2018, 03:20:08 PM »

I didn't see Grassroots post as necessarily being antisemitic but it still belongs here for using a series of made-up and obviously wrong stats (not that he made them up, I've come across them before.)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2018, 12:29:59 AM »

age (16), citizenship (in federal elections), residency (in state & local elections), and property ownership (homeowners shouldn't get to vote)
by putting the post into this thread instead of engaging me in the Discourse, you, sir, have committed an ad hominem fallacy. clearly, you have sunk to such rhetorical lows because you cannot muster any counterargument to my reasoned position. homeowners lose their rights at dawn.
That's not an ad hominem fallacy.  It's appeal to ridicule, like every other contribution in this thread.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 12:03:14 PM »

age (16), citizenship (in federal elections), residency (in state & local elections), and property ownership (homeowners shouldn't get to vote)
by putting the post into this thread instead of engaging me in the Discourse, you, sir, have committed an ad hominem fallacy. clearly, you have sunk to such rhetorical lows because you cannot muster any counterargument to my reasoned position. homeowners lose their rights at dawn.
That's not an ad hominem fallacy.  It's appeal to ridicule, like every other contribution in this thread.
Are you familiar with the sugondese fallacy?

No.  Is this a meme?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 08:11:06 PM »

How about if you're not a Jew you don't have a right to comment on anything regarding Israel. You know the same way if you're not a woman you don't have a right to comment on abortion. 😉

And all the non Jews (Druze, Arabs etc) that live in Israel should just go and get bent?

Hey we don't need non Jews commenting on wether Jewish people deserve human rights the same way we don't need white males deciding what a woman does with her own body. Even if that means a woman killing a living being that is inside her body 😉.

Very amusing. Sadly for you I'm not an idpol liberal, so this is not really a take that frightens me. I'll repeat: do you think Israeli Duruze deserve the right to vote?

Arabs have the entire Middle East but Jews can't have one country? Let me ask you this do you not care about Jewish lives? Do you want another holocaust to happen? Is it not significant that every single country in the Middle East is over 90 percent Arab except Israel yet you as a non Jew want to force jewish people to allow people who want to kill them into their homeland? It sounds to me like either you're a Nazi or a Nazi sympathizer or you just don't care about human rights for Jewish people.

Druze have a whole bunch of Arab countries to enjoy.
They should leave Israel and go live in Druzalem, Druzylvania.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2018, 01:23:55 PM »

5. I was about to name Brian Schatz for Sarah Jeong support, but he's not up for re-election, so... Phil Scott because it would be advantageous to have someone like him lose to Christine Hallquist.

Yay transphobic dogwhistles.
I honestly can't see the dogwhistle in this. Am I missing something painfully obvious?(not that the post isn't vile of course).

Why would it be "advantageous" for Scott to lose to "someone like her"? In light of the rest of the post, it just smelled really bad.

Too bad we can't ask posters to explain what they mean.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies