The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:17:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 236723 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: December 02, 2017, 04:00:18 PM »

Hard to believe that once upon a time Tender was one of the best posters around here.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 08:58:00 AM »

All whataboutery belongs here:

Why is Moulton talking about Franken instead of making hay about that slimy gasbag Farenthold?

I guess it was too much to ask from you to read the subsequent post where I explained things.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:04:01 AM »

Why not include that in the original post instead of having it be only one of the most annoying logical fallacies ever?

Because I thought it was obvious to the members of a site that's about, you know, politics.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 05:28:01 AM »

Turning on someone for being a sexual abuser is slimy opportunism now?

The point is that people aren't convinced that Franken is a sexual abuser. They wanted the process to play out before drawing their conclusions. Gillibrand, and others, made sure that didn't happen.

And campaigning last year with Bill Clinton only to trash him a year later is the definition of rank opportunism. It's not like she learned something new in the meantime.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 08:47:45 PM »

Wow so many left wing democrats on here defending bezos and his near monopoly. Fwiw I think amazon should be broken up. I mean it owns a damn supermarket and newspaper

I'm sure if Bezos' (not exactly the same as Amazon) newspaper reporting was of the same odor as Fox News, blue avatars would be just fine with it.

The Washington Post is a 3rd way CIA propaganda rag. They were running 16 hit pieces a day against Bernie.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 10:29:28 PM »

Wow so many left wing democrats on here defending bezos and his near monopoly. Fwiw I think amazon should be broken up. I mean it owns a damn supermarket and newspaper

I'm sure if Bezos' (not exactly the same as Amazon) newspaper reporting was of the same odor as Fox News, blue avatars would be just fine with it.

The Washington Post is a 3rd way CIA propaganda rag. They were running 16 hit pieces a day against Bernie.
If your Jfern erection lasts longer than four hours call a doctor.

I'll defer to your expertise on chronic morbid tumescence.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 04:57:42 AM »

Turning on someone for being a sexual abuser is slimy opportunism now?

The point is that people aren't convinced that Franken is a sexual abuser. They wanted the process to play out before drawing their conclusions. Gillibrand, and others, made sure that didn't happen.

And campaigning last year with Bill Clinton only to trash him a year later is the definition of rank opportunism. It's not like she learned something new in the meantime.

There was literal proof. Are you just mad that she called out Clinton for being a rapist.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 07:54:14 PM »

Evangelical voters would never vote for Hillary Clinton, unless it was pre-1998. After the Lewinsky scandal, the 2000 NY SEN race, her 2008 and 2016 presidential runs, evangelical voters don't trust Hillary.

Trump probably does have fantasies about sleeping with his male friends' wives. Some men do to.

Some women do too regarding their female friends' husbands.

Trump is a real man, real American, and sadly, this is how some people think.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 07:50:22 PM »

Not just a liar. She called Hillary’s defeat her “victory in my decades long struggle against the abusive, manipulative Clintons” after Election Day on Facebook. Democrats flooded in response, calling her a pig, a sl*t, a b*tch, and many, many other names. Let’s not pretend that Republicans have done anything remotely comparable.

Trumpbots literally threatened the life of David French and his wife because they didn't like what he wrote about their overlord.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 04:26:04 PM »

-Conservatives
-Nat Sec hawks
-People who get butthurt when Dems are primaried
-Transphobes
-BUT RUSSSSSSSIAAA hysteria victims

All of my least favorite groups of people, all united for one goal.

I'm confused. You support Russia meddling in your country's elections with coordination from the president and a major political party?

There's a difference between being slightly concerned and using Infowars style conspiracies to shout down every voice that challenges the multinational oligarchy, like you're doing.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 02:07:44 AM »

Joe's speech is being received quite well, despite what Trumplicans on twitter are saying

USAtoday is comparing him to Obama.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/01/30/rep-joe-kennedy-sounded-lot-like-barack-obama/1081663001/

So another neoliberal fraud who will run on "hope and change"? F**k no!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 03:15:35 AM »

OMG, Atlas has been hijacked by SJW.
Obviously you don't understand it but you are validating Maher's words to a T.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 03:40:23 AM »

OMG, Atlas has been hijacked by SJW.
Obviously you don't understand it but you are validating Maher's words to a T.

Says the guy unironically arguing that sexual assault isn't a big deal.

Quote?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 01:48:47 PM »

I missed both the SOTU and the rebuttal, so I didn't vote in the poll. But, if Kennedy is anything like the rest of his family, then he gave a good speech - and if Trump is anything like Trump, his was awful and/or full of lies.

Personally, I'd like to see another Kennedy rise in American politics. The others in his family were very good public servants and did a lot to advance progress in this country; I have no doubt he'd do the same.

Top 3 Kennedy campaign contributors:

1. Goldman Sachs
2. Raytheon
3. Cardinal Health, the company that distributes opioids

I hope that curse still has some juice in it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 04:44:01 AM »

I wonder when jfern will start filling in for Hannity and Tucker Carlson.

Why are the brown avatars so committed to minimising the Russia story?

Because only a garbage political party starts a new cold war to distract people from the Wikileaks documents showing that they rigged the primary and suck.

Haven't people learned from "Fitzmas" and Hillary's e-mail investigation that the most powerful people never get indicted?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 12:47:51 PM »

How long till jfern starts posting Seth Rich and Vince Foster assassination conspiracies?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 08:04:21 PM »

He's obviously DOA if Lipinski wins the primary, but what if Newnan pulls it off?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 08:08:18 PM »

Do I have to put an /s at the end of every joke or is something else at play here?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2018, 07:22:54 PM »

Is Cordray still pro-gun I know he was endorsed by the NRA back in 2010?

No, he’s not.

He has an A rating from the NRA, and helped strike down Cleveland's assault weapons ban. He's far more pro gun than Bernie, whom the establishment pained as an NRA stooge. But the establishment doesn't care about consistency.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2018, 06:45:25 AM »

Whether you like him or not, guy's 13-year track record in Congress should outweigh how he got the seat 20 to 1 at least.

But his record in Congress is awful?
His record in Congress involves bringing a train station to his district just this past year, along with leadership on transportation issues (his district includes some rail yards too, atop all of that). How is that awful?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 05:35:42 PM »

There's culture war, and then there's absolute desperation.
The Dems have been anti-cop (a union-heavy lean D demographic before) and soft on crime since about 7 years ago. It alienates white working class much more than other demographics. It's not so much desperation, but an unforced error on the Dems' side.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 01:53:29 AM »

Mueller has enough evidence to prove the 2017 Seychelles meeting between Erik Prince and the Putin officials was to establish a backchannel between the Trump Whitehouse and the Kremlin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/mueller-gathers-evidence-that-2016-seychelles-meeting-was-effort-to-establish-back-channel-to-kremlin/2018/03/07/b6a5fb8c-224b-11e8-94da-ebf9d112159c_story.html?utm_term=.7ecc7840bf8c

That is worthy of a Nuclear Elmo.

I'm sure the Republican party, Fox News, and the other blue avatar morons on this board will find a way to spin this away too.

I believe Kennedy used an ABC News reporter for a back channel with the Russians during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2018, 03:00:41 AM »

Not sure if this had to go to the comedy goldmine or here.

Remember at the time of these alleged offences, Donald Trump was a Democrat.

Since converting to the Republican side, the number of sexual indiscretions reported against "The Don" has dropped 92%, statistically speaking.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2018, 05:57:02 PM »

The part that I might well be missing here is where is Lipinski's record or history as a Neo-Nazi or European style Fascist?Huh

I don't take this lightly, considering that my Sister is Jewish and in my younger years a few decades back participated in various "Antifa" style demonstrations against the Nazi scum trying to take over our neighborhoods in the Pacific Northwest as well as the Industrial States of the Midwest, and a few years after getting out of College in the Midwest came back to my small Oregon Town and within a year a Native American Homeless man was murdered by two White Supremacists barely a year out of the State Pen....

Hey---- I would rather the Progressive Dem have won this race, but anyone accusing a Polish-American of being a Nazi sounds a bit off in my book...

I could be wrong but from what I gather, a literal holocaust denier won as the sole candidate in the GOP primary in the same district, and I assume that's who the Nazi references are to.

yeah and then a couple posters engaging in some absurd hyperbole claiming that a Nazi is somehow equivalent or preferable to a conservative Democrat

btw NOVA he was endorsed by IL AFL-CIO most of the blue collar unions, so you can like that about him.  My impression is he benefits in 2020 from higher primary turnout, unless there's a challenger that can break through and appeal to the urban hispanic/black/'ethnic' vote.

I never claimed it was equivalent. I said Dems should cast blank ballots for House to make the vote closer than expected in order to remind Lipinski that he needs their support too.

I mean I would cast a blank vote if it were between Newman and the Nazi guy so I can't really complain about doing that, though I'm not sure about your rationale here making much sense.  Seems like some others were saying something more extreme though.

A Nazi vs. someone who doesn't hate gay people. Hmmm, tough decision, I think I'd cast a blank vote too.

She hates babies who will never have the chance to be gay.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2018, 06:58:02 PM »

Our Republican posters show once again what sh**tty human beings they are.

He's more like the next Cindy Sheehan, just a rich kid with well connected parents who is the prop of the month
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies