The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:52:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 238108 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 05, 2017, 02:58:07 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=270127.0

Almost every post is talking about the loony speaker being sexually attractive.
Can't handle a bit of locker room talk?

STFU Santander.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 08:57:01 PM »

From the thread's namesake

I think Sanchez's personal...problems are enough of a punishment for him.
You're glad my brother is autistic? Whatever dickbag.
Was that caused by the same undesirable, inbred genes that caused you to become a neo-Nazi alt-rightist?

Christ...

What in the .

That is.....totally $hitastic.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 06:02:17 PM »

From the thread's namesake

I think Sanchez's personal...problems are enough of a punishment for him.
You're glad my brother is autistic? Whatever dickbag.
Was that caused by the same undesirable, inbred genes that caused you to become a neo-Nazi alt-rightist?

Christ...

What in the .

That is.....totally $hitastic.

So wait a minute: Are you criticizing Cora's horrible post about Sanchez's brother, or my criticizing said horrible post?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 06:56:50 PM »

If alcohol were to completely go away, 90% of society's problems would be instantly cured.  In an ideal world, alcohol should be illegal, but I think that we would have had to do that in the 1700s or 1800s and that the negative externalities of doing that today would outweigh the benefits.

Came here to post this ... glad I don't have these types of friends, LOL.

Isn't this guy like 15 or something? It's a natural view for some kid who hasn't had his first beer yet.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 11:49:23 PM »

If alcohol were to completely go away, 90% of society's problems would be instantly cured.  In an ideal world, alcohol should be illegal, but I think that we would have had to do that in the 1700s or 1800s and that the negative externalities of doing that today would outweigh the benefits.

Isn't this guy like 15 or something? It's a natural view for some kid who hasn't had his first beer yet.

This....

I felt similar to ExtremeConservative when I was 15 or so and now it's some 30 years later and have a very different POV....

Would be happy to buy any Atlas poster that turns 21 their first beer if they are in the neighborhood and discuss politics, precinct level results from various states/cities/counties, and all sorts of other Atlas Geek-o-Rama that we wrangle about on a daily basis.

Not a big fan of Prohibition policies at all, since addicts and alcoholics will always find a means to obtain their drug of choice... Not even going to mention the whole black market deal that comes with these types of policy positions and causes all sorts of violence to secure illegal markets, and won't even go into the benefit to State/County/Local governments when it comes to taxable revenue generated in the form of "Sin Taxes" on items such as Cigs, Alcohol, and Recreational MJ (In States where it is legal).

Trying to legislate public morality has always been a bad idea within the United States, on so many items, which is part of reason I consider myself a Social Libertarian.

Exactly the same as criminals and guns.

Maybe, but which is far, far, far, far, FAR more legal?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 11:54:23 PM »

This....

I felt similar to ExtremeConservative when I was 15
or so and now it's some 30 years later and have a very different POV....

Would be happy to buy any Atlas poster that turns 21 their first beer if they are in the neighborhood and discuss politics, precinct level results from various states/cities/counties, and all sorts of other Atlas Geek-o-Rama that we wrangle about on a daily basis.

Not a big fan of Prohibition policies at all, since addicts and alcoholics will always find a means to obtain their drug of choice... Not even going to mention the whole black market deal that comes with these types of policy positions and causes all sorts of violence to secure illegal markets, and won't even go into the benefit to State/County/Local governments when it comes to taxable revenue generated in the form of "Sin Taxes" on items such as Cigs, Alcohol, and Recreational MJ (In States where it is legal).

Trying to legislate public morality has always been a bad idea within the United States, on so many items, which is part of reason I consider myself a Social Libertarian.

I am 21 and am proud to say that I have never had a drink and never will.  I think a few posters mix me up with some younger posters for some reason.

Some reason perhaps being your chronic lack of maturity in posting?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 04:09:55 PM »

This....

I felt similar to ExtremeConservative when I was 15
or so and now it's some 30 years later and have a very different POV....

I am 21 and am proud to say that I have never had a drink and never will.  I think a few posters mix me up with some younger posters for some reason.

Some reason perhaps being your chronic lack of maturity in posting?

Badger, in back-to-back posts you managed to be mildly combative to both the people who took issue with ER's absurd view on alcohol and ER himself, LOL.  Have your cup of coffee, man. Smiley

Hey, mildly combative is my middle name. Cheesy

Actually, I was more worried someone would put my reference to a chronic lack of maturity in posting into the irony ore mine. Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 11:13:30 AM »

Yes, how benevolent of you to just assume that any poster conveniently lives in the "most urban" part of a particular state. Also quite convenient!

Actually I just wanted you to admit this - you live in the whitest area of Georgia.

You're a part of "white flight," not me. You're the type of person I know that moves out of a neighborhood once it becomes over 40% Hispanic.

Why not just assume that I live in one of the most rural parts of a state instead? You know, surrounded by GOP types who would walk barefoot through their own feces if they didn't have a government telling them not to, with big fat starch-injected guts hanging down to their knees, tons of scrap metal piled up on their rotten front porches accumulated from all of their relatives who blew their brains out because their lives were just so pathetic because they never accomplished anything?

And LOL - my city is literally majority-Latino. You're really bad at this! I'm sure your goal was for me to admit I lived somewhere other than ATL. Roll Eyes

Like every Kyle Griffin post, there is nothing whatsoever absurd or ignorant about it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 11:20:15 AM »

I mean not that I like Moore, but what does a Senate's candidate adult son getting arrested have anything to do with the party at large?

It's more the hypocrisy that tends to come out from the GOP. Poor people who defraud benefits are scum who ought to starve, but rich Republicans engaging in bribery is fine and GOP primary voters don't bat an eye. Abortion is murder and pregnant women should die rather than have one, but Republican politicians can encourage mistresses and daughters to get abortions and it's no problemo.

At the core of this is the fact that Republican law and order rhetoric is mostly a racist vendetta against ethnic minorities, while as long as the perpetrator is white they're fine with all sorts of crime being forgiven and running away from legal principles.

Maybe instead of just posting this in the Absurd and ignorant post thread, you might actually want to, you know, respond in kind and show how Gustav is supposedly wrong? But that would be difficult for you wouldn't it? Both because he makes some hard-hitting but more than a kernel of Truth points, and you're also not very good at formulating rational thought.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 01:18:51 AM »

The Nasotollah is proof that the GOP was even worse before Trump when it comes to....these kinda things.

Well put.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 04:18:55 AM »

Yet another reminder why this thread is named after him:
1992. I submit the idea that the election of Bill Clinton in 1992 paved the way for Waco ->Oklahoma City, possibly Columbine and then 9/11.

If George Bush had been re-elected, I anticipate that Waco wouldn't have gone the way it did, thus no Oklahoma City. The Columbine Killers would have been nutjobs either way but the date they selected was the anniversary of Waco and Oklahoma City so who knows if that would have occurred.

Also, I believe the Bush/Quayle administration from 1993-1997 would have been much more aggressive with Al Qaeda after the 1993 World Trade Center and Embassy Bombings. With the case of 9/11, any little change to the thread would have quite possibly prevented those attacks.

Bush's re-election in 1992 would have took America on a much, much different path.

Literally the dumbest man alive.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 05:53:16 PM »

But he's literally a white nationalist, though?

Nah, just a garden variety deplorable.

He is a hardcore racist bigot, he's just not the type to tattoo a swastika on himself or do a Nazi salute. But his views of people of other races, especially blacks, doesn't distinguish between conservative and being a racist a******

That, and unlike some other equally deplorable posters, he is a complete and total moron.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 11:46:03 PM »

You know what my thoughts on Kate Steinle's murder are, seeing as TG closed the original thread? I say "no justice, no peace."

Thank you for posting directly into the thread mr. Charlottesville
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 11:46:47 PM »

We might as well give NYC first responders a day since we still can't seem to give them the health and disability benefits they deserve

the govt is too busy giving terrorism suspects "constitutional rights" to give money to the NYC first responders
That comment really pissed me off, in a way that comments on Atlas rarely do.

Personally, it didn't piss me off so much is make my head spin as to what an amazing non sequitur of the year of that was.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 11:49:14 PM »

You know what my thoughts on Kate Steinle's murder are, seeing as TG closed the original thread? I say "no justice, no peace."

Yes, and thankfully national Democrats are smart enough to avoid omegascarlet's name calling and call out this abomination for what it is.

You pretty clearly don't see immigrants as human in the way that you view "Americans".
*illegals.

These are probably the least severe at of all the sexual harassment claims we've seen. Asked her if she had a boyfriend? Put his hand on her thigh? Bad, creepy, but really not resignation worthy.
No Representative from this district has ever been re-elected.

Yeah, brand new swingy seats can do that. Anyway,  this is not resignation/step-down worthy
Come on lol I mean hand on thigh is bad but asking a woman out on a date when it is 'unwanted' is harassment now? Seriously?

Like how the hell is he supposed to know it is unwanted.

Anyway I don't think he should resign unless there was serious unwanted physical contact (kind of hard to parse from this report but it sounds like not).

And no, this is not the least serious allegation. That would be the disgusting victim-blaming from both sides that caused Barton to resign. But this is nearly there.
Come on lol I mean hand on thigh is bad but asking a woman out on a date when it is 'unwanted' is harassment now? Seriously?

It is if Kihuen's behavior was a repeat offense. In cases like these, the victim has almost always pleaded with their harasser to stop.
She said he asked her out on dates twice.

I mean come on, even if she said 'no and I'm never going out with you' I wouldn't call one additional request for a date harassment. He didn't stalk her, he didn't repeatedly undermine or belittle her, he didn't fire her or threaten her job.

You're presuming there's something here when there's no evidence of anything. Yes obviously if he did something beyond what's reported here that is harassment then he harasse her, but the facts of the case as stated are just clearly and obviously not.
Jesus the hot takes in this thread. It's like yall have never been to a bar or something
This is getting ridiculous the bar is so low these days for 'sexual harassment', next we will be calling on folks to resign over complimenting a chicks dress.

These f**kers are defending a 35 year old man repeatedly creeping on a 25 year old woman (even groping her) to the point where she quit her job as no big deal.
Oh noez! A ten year age gap between two mature consenting adults! Next thing you know he'll be molesting infants!

The bolded part is not accurate and that's the real issue with this case.
How does one consent to being asked out? Either you are or you aren't. To my understanding that is basically the extent of the story (at least from what I've heard).

That parenthesized last portion indicates you have not read nearly enough about the incident. This went well beyond simply asking someone out on a date oh, and to the point of creeping / groping on a employee to the point she had to leave the job. Saying it was merely asking someone out on a date is just a straw man
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 12:04:49 AM »

Jesus Badger, delete that post before you lose your job. That's a career ender right there.

What? To accuse the kind of right wing nut jobs who believe the election was stolen by 21000 blacks bused in from MS having Neandrethal level racism? Yeah, I'll stick to that (even I was kinda drunk when I wrote it Tongue)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2017, 12:08:05 AM »

It seems that certain people can't accept that their side can possibly lose without it being cheating:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It'd be fun to hear their explanation for how these supposed MS blacks got registered to vote in AL and got AL photo IDs in order to vote. I swear some people don't even use their brains.

Simple. Black Precinct in Birmingham, Montgomery, or Dallas County, maybe Tuscaloosa, and the following happens

Hello there Reverend Niger

Why hello there poll Watcher porch monkey. How use be doing today?

Oh I be fine. I'd be fine got to wash this poll voting thing going on all day. Los amazing.

Chuckle chuckle. Load ain't it though. I just use my welfare stamps and what not, plus all the checks I get from northern Jews talking about trying to get Democrats around here, and that usually does.

Used don't say! Why I be doing the same thing

He he he he ho ho. Well ain't that the darndest. Anyhoo, I've got me a Bus full of brothers and sisters from Mississippi Outback. You know how he's going to take care of this right (big wink)

Oh yes sir I does. You just get them on back. I'll get them I miss her ribs and Fried Chicken and watermelon

Events do that. I had to give them a bottle of Ripple each to get them on the bus and now there's going to be hungry

Ain't no worries. Oh mr. Soros got us lots of money. You just get them fine Mississippi brothers and sisters lined up. He's going to get ourselves some Whitey tonight oh, ain't we!

Sho Nuff!

(And scene)

And so this track plays itself endlessly on the average Fox News viewer in Alabama

Honestly, that was well written. It's like reading a Faulkner short story

Nah. If it was by faulkner there would be 10 more pages of dialogue and narration all clumped together in a single paragraph.

Stream of Consciousness writing style is just a fancy way of saying writing while drunk.

Good call!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 11:41:26 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2018, 05:45:26 PM »

Centrism has been under attack for a long time. The last truly median voter theory election was 2000. I will always believe that Bush struck first. The country was united behind him with 90% approval ratings (about 70% enduring) and then he, politicized 9/11 in the run up to the 2002 midterm elections and used it to pummel moderate Democrats and send us to war. Thus the myth of the "loser DLC centrist who can't get anything done" was born. The NetRoots arose, said that the centrists weren't moving the "Overton Window", while on Atlas moderates were called disingenuous "heroes." A hue and cry went up that continues to this day for Democrats to "stand on what they really think instead of this wishy washy nonsense." The notion is that compromise is somehow morally bankrupt instead of part and parcel of politics, and that a noble loss is better than a partial win.

As far as the Internet getting worse, progressives were the first offenders here IMO, as tumblr feminism started really radicalizing by late 2013/early 2014. Remember the whole #CancelColbert nonsense. But the real revolution was about a year later when #GamerGate changed the game. Suddenly the conservative majority that apparently was always there took over the Internet. They attained the majority on 4chan (used to be more libertarian/apolitical), YouTube, Twitter, and even Reddit, temporarily assembling a coalition to oust CEO Ellen Pao. SJW became a pejorative and the Trump movement came along in mid-2015 and the rest is history. That is where we are now. As far as centrists, they are nowhere to be seen. Maybe on sites like Reason.com or on the "uncool" MSM. But there is very little organic centrism online these days.

This is not a bad post at all.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2018, 05:46:09 PM »

Jesus Christ was accused of starting a cult too.

You can refer to us as that, it's been dine before. Christ prevails.

Neither is this.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2018, 05:50:48 PM »

I would strap 45lb plates to my ball sack and swim up the Arctic river full of ravenous pirahans in the winter so I can wrestle a polar bear on a 2x2 iceberg just to put my name in a hat with 1 million other names for a chance to hear you fart through a walkie talkie, M'Lady.

Okay, it's a creepy in a very Atlas " this is why we can't have nice things and remain a sausage fest" kind of way, I'm sure Virginia had a slightly cold shudder when she read it, but it was still kind of funny.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2018, 05:53:28 PM »

Blinded partisan remarks that ignore the truth because they don't fit in his little fantasyland bubble

Democrats love their sexual predators.

Just ask all the Dems who still love folks like Bill Clinton, John Conyers, and Al Franken.

Let's not forget the super Dem state of California:
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/24/sexual-harassment-allegations-california-democrats-306231

And those are just a small handful of examples.

Stop pretending you're a member of some special FF party when you guys are just as bad as the other guys.

R A D I C A L  C E N T R I S M  intensifies

Another shameless Dem hack who can't accept the truth appears!

At least we can all get a good laugh from triggered Dems on here who pretend their party is some magical group of folks who would never sexually harass or assault anyone, defend someone who does, or even vote for said person, despite plenty of examples proving otherwise.

Seriously though, this type of behavior is unacceptable no matter which party someone is affiliated with (and as I mentioned before, it's been proven that yes, both sides actually do it).

Y'all need to get off your high horse and take off your blinders.

Still waiting for that citation of 90% of Democrats voting for a pedophile in the modern era...

Or almost uniformly, I'll be at with some reluctance, still rallying around the fact that Franken needed to resign, while Republicans when the rubber hit the road completely double down on backing Roy Moore to the hilt.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2018, 05:57:08 PM »

There is a lack of funding for Boomers Social Security and Medicaid payments.

Importing a lot of poor people from Latin America who need welfare and have lots of kids who will need welfare as well is not going to solve that problem, it's going to make it worse.

Most of the problem is rising per person costs, and immigrants contribute quite a bit to our economy (even if they aren't denied benefits despite paying taxes). And even if that weren't true, people from other countries have the same rights as people born on US soil. Latin America isn't the primary source of immigrants anymore, and IIRC more latino immigrants are leaving then coming at this point.

And seriously? "Importing" people from Latin America? Who "need welfare and have lots of kids who will need welfare as well ". My god that's racist. I'm guessing you're from upstate NY?

Where did this insane idea come from that people from Mexico have just as much right to collect benefits from the United States government as people born in the United States? No one is advocating for the right of people born in the United States to collect benefits paid for by Mexican taxpayers, nor should they be.

Undocumented immigrants don't even get benefits. Even if they did, why should right to food and medical care be determined by country of origin? All people have a right to a quality life. Plus,  Immigrants work for American companys and pay American taxes ( if you're getting govt. benefits, you definitely pay all your taxes), so why should they be denied the American benefits citizens who make the same contributions get?

Because you can't help everyone. Resources are limited. We can either help our own citizens or we can give progressively worse and worse services to an ever increasing number of immigrants who will only stop coming when America is not noticeably nicer than the third world. The process is already starting. It's why America does not have as high a standard of living as Europe, because Europe had closed borders. Now of course they are opening their borders up and their living standards are coming down to our living standards and both of our living standards are coming down to Mexico's. This is bad. I want to live in a rich country. I want my fellow citizens to live in a rich country. I do not want to live in a poor country.

In context. Brighton has previously posted that he works sh**ty low-paying jobs and basically hates his life. I believe if he didn't have immigrants to scapegoat for his hapless situation, he probably off himself.

Whether the fact he is still a living breathing white supremacist versus a dead depressed failure is a matter of personal conjecture.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2018, 06:02:15 PM »

Because it was blatantly sexist with a term of frigid.

But wait. That's why you intentionally used the word hysterical in your response, isn't it?

Please imagine me saluting you and giving you the middle finger at the same time. Somehow the only emotions I'm able to conjure are this icky combination of contempt for your trolling and respect for doing it so well at the same time.

I need to go shower now.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2018, 06:03:50 PM »

What is it with Hawaii and primariing Governors?

Partially it's the nature of a one party state; there's an odd ethnic cleavage that emerges a lot as well.
If two incumbent governors in a row lose primaries, can we end the MUH HAWAII ALWAYS LOVES INCUMBENTS meme which originated solely because Dubya did better than expected there 14 years ago?

This always struck me as a vaguely racist idea - "oh you know these Asians they always love their strong leaders!" They only kept Inouye and Akaka round for so long because of the huge amounts of cash they got for having entrenched senior incumbents, which is the same for all small and overlooked states.
I'm a big fan of ethnic cleavage myself.

Oh come on. Yes it's gross in context of his controversial sig, but that's still just a joke and not entirely unfunny one at that.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies