The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:00:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 236845 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: October 18, 2017, 07:48:43 PM »

I remember some weird dude year back who had a thing for the falangists as well. Might be a sock.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 04:37:33 PM »

“This glib proposal to outlaw the Communist Party would be quickly recognized everywhere as an abject surrender by the great United States to the methods of totalitarianism." - Thomas Dewey

When we talk about free speech, I want everyone to understand this: free speech for all mankind, respect freely given where it is not deserved, this is a truly radical idea.

Implying that communism is morally eauivalent to neo-nazism.

Totalitarian communism is a genocidal philosophy. The original post was great - the government should have no role in the United States in outlawing political philosophies, no matter how repugnant.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 12:32:04 PM »

“This glib proposal to outlaw the Communist Party would be quickly recognized everywhere as an abject surrender by the great United States to the methods of totalitarianism." - Thomas Dewey

When we talk about free speech, I want everyone to understand this: free speech for all mankind, respect freely given where it is not deserved, this is a truly radical idea.

Implying that communism is morally eauivalent to neo-nazism.

Totalitarian communism is a genocidal philosophy. The original post was great - the government should have no role in the United States in outlawing political philosophies, no matter how repugnant.

Jesus f**k

I mean, they killed 100 million people. This isn't really up for debate.

I think both totalitarian communism and fascism are god-awful and should be ground into the dirt where they belong by all freedom-loving people on the right and left alike. The people trying to rehabilitate either are the problem.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 12:41:18 PM »

If you go out and murder the richest person who lives in your town, and inspire one person to do the same, you will have done more to make the American economy work for everyone than any Republican in history and honestly most Democrats.

Yeah, I've been engaging with them like they're a sane person. They're very clearly not. Opebo/Evergreen 3.0.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 10:50:56 PM »

Turning on someone for being a sexual abuser is slimy opportunism now?

The point is that people aren't convinced that Franken is a sexual abuser. They wanted the process to play out before drawing their conclusions. Gillibrand, and others, made sure that didn't happen.

And campaigning last year with Bill Clinton only to trash him a year later is the definition of rank opportunism. It's not like she learned something new in the meantime.

There was literal proof. Are you just mad that she called out Clinton for being a rapist.

Populism is objectively not inherently leftist. It's a rhetorical style, and one quite fit for reactionary fits. See trump.

Populism doesn't have a political bent, per se. It's a philosophy built around primal rage, around taking revenge against "the oppressors". Therefore, it's inherently incompatible with conservatism, which is a philosophy based around the free market, self-sufficiency, and individual rights. A philosophy that urges the government to take revenge for what's "keeping us down" is anathema to constitutional conservatism.

Populism isn't inherently leftist, no, but it's inherently anti-conservatives, and the fact that so many Republicans got suckered in by a coarse populist remains a massive blot on the party.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 08:32:28 PM »

Establishing a 5-member elected commission with districts where gun permit applications are reviewed and can be accepted or rejected with infinite discretion.

In a state as Democratic as Maryland, this would equate to voters elect a majority rejection-in-all-cases group to the commission which means that guns would be banned completely in a way that is not in violation of the 2nd amendment.

Yeah, that's...not how this works.

If a state's commission was voting down all gun permits, that would mean the right to bear arms was being suppressed in violation of the constitution.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 02:08:26 PM »

Establishing a 5-member elected commission with districts where gun permit applications are reviewed and can be accepted or rejected with infinite discretion.

In a state as Democratic as Maryland, this would equate to voters elect a majority rejection-in-all-cases group to the commission which means that guns would be banned completely in a way that is not in violation of the 2nd amendment.
So, basically, Jim Crow for firearms? LOL.

Make it legal to keep and bear arms but make it illegal to manufacture, purchase or import them. So the right to keep and bear them is not infringed but you can't get them. Surprised somewhere hasn't tried that yet actually.

A ban on purchase would likely run afoul of the second amendment, but manufacture and customs regulations would likely be constitutional. It's easily the smartest way to subvert the spread of guns in this culture without being shut down in the courts or starting violence.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 03:39:51 PM »

Wow someone is f[inks]ing clueless. This shows zero understanding of how California elections work:

HP unless your pro Iraq war, pro bush tax cuts and hate marijuana. She's just overall way too conservative for her state, if she doesn't lose the primary she will probably lose the general.

Yeah, that's a particularly absurd brand of self-absorbed leftism.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 08:28:09 AM »

I am praying for the production employees of Remington Arms in both upstate NY and Alabama who will be affected by this.

These people work an honest job producing honest products that are necessary in the world as it is.  It's kind of nauseating to read the posts of folks who have never worked for a living celebrating the looming hardship of honest working class folks that produce the products Remington Arms manufactures.
This

I get the feeling you lot would be praying for the poor employees of Degesch after Auschwitz,  Dachau, and Buchenwald were shut down.

Absolutely everything is Nazis except extreme anti-semitism.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 08:25:25 PM »

-2017 British general election: Conservatives should've won by a landslide, especially since Corbyn is a nutcase and Labour is openly Marxist and anti-Semitic.

This isn't the simple truths thread.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 12:23:16 PM »

I am probably in the minority here, but I believe that the disincentive towards investment caused by capital gains taxes is a good thing, and that the lower investment levels are desirable.

I think we need heavy taxation on stocks, bonds, and dividends to ensure that people cannot simply make money through them faster than they will ever need to spend it, provided that they are already wealthy at the start, so that those people actually have to get a job instead of being able to never have to work a hard day in their life.

Uh... why should somebody “have” to get a job if they are already rich? Who the hell are you to tell them that they should? Also, I can tell you understand nothing about capital gains taxes. They are already extremely heavily taxed in the United States. Most European countries have NO capital gains taxes. The reason is that they heavily tax incomes and payrolls. Restricting investment is the dumbest thing you can do to an economy. I would rather do a 100 percent wealth tax than that.

Hey Solid, go check out a graph of GDP growth compared to % of GDP in the financial sector. You’ll find that as the financial sector has boomed, so has Real GDP. Investment is not just numbers on a page- it’s a liaison between those who require capital, and those who can lend them money to buy it. A capitalist country can not exist without a vigorous investment sector. Also... you realize that for the economy to grow, some people will become proportionately richer, right? Unless everyone gets paid the exact same amount or something.

I am probably in the minority here, but I believe that the disincentive towards investment caused by capital gains taxes is a good thing, and that the lower investment levels are desirable.

I think we need heavy taxation on stocks, bonds, and dividends to ensure that people cannot simply make money through them faster than they will ever need to spend it, provided that they are already wealthy at the start, so that those people actually have to get a job instead of being able to never have to work a hard day in their life.

Uh... why should somebody “have” to get a job if they are already rich?

Because the only reason why they are rich in the 1st place is because they got lucky.

Also payroll taxes need to be abolished, since they disproportionately affect the poor.

Really, the way investment is set up, it is somewhat of a watered down version of slavery with the investors at the top being effective slave owners, and everyone else effective slaves.

Voluntarily buying stock is not slavery, you imbecile.

Investment is not just numbers on a page- it’s a liaison between those who require capital, and those who can lend them money to buy it.

Instead of having a draconian investment system in society, we need to have higher taxes on the rich, and higher spending on government programs to help the poor.

Please explain in one sentence or less what draconian means. The way you used it shows you have no idea what it means.

Oh, one half of that conversation absolutely belongs here...
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 10:33:30 AM »

Should easily be a bannable post.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies