States that have trended the same way three consecutive times (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:59:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  States that have trended the same way three consecutive times (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: States that have trended the same way three consecutive times  (Read 1088 times)
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« on: August 05, 2017, 09:52:08 AM »

LOL, WV seven times in a row.  Amazing.
Unless WV starts to vote for Republicans like a solid south state would vote for Democrats, I believe it has nowhere to trend but to the left in 2020. There can't be that many more non-college whites in WV to vote for Trump.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 12:42:18 PM »

Wyoming trending Republican in 2008 is a bit surprising. Amazing how loyal this state has been to the Republican Party, regardless of what kind of Republican they nominate.

WV trended Republicans 7 times in a row? I can't say I'm surprised, but it's pretty incredible nonetheless.
No kidding. Wyoming last trended D in 2004, when Dick Cheney was on the ticket. That was probably due to Nader going from 2.12% in 2000 to 1.13% in 2004. Also, I just noticed that Wyoming has swung away from the incumbent president's party in every election since 1988. If it holds true in 2020, then Wyoming will swing more Democratic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies