How are "right-to-work" laws actually enforced?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:29:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How are "right-to-work" laws actually enforced?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How are "right-to-work" laws actually enforced?  (Read 269 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 05, 2017, 10:03:36 AM »

Seriously, how do states go about enforcing these laws? Do they just snap their fingers and everyone steps into line?

When you work for me, and you get union benefits, you pay for these benefits like everyone else. End of story.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 10:08:07 AM »

I'm hearing on the ground that it doesn't take a lot of "enforcing."
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 10:31:35 AM »

How are murder laws actually enforced?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 10:53:30 AM »

Seriously, how do states go about enforcing these laws? Do they just snap their fingers and everyone steps into line?

That is generally how laws work, yes.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 11:36:29 AM »

I am guessing that workers can sue, report to the state LD, or call the police on any intimidation that union members might do to make them pay dues?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 12:16:21 PM »

Do you really think union leaders are so violent that its surprising they dont extort random workers for money when the law says not to?  Back in the early 80s, the leaders of the local teachers union my dad was a member of quietly changed the rules to require VEA membership to be in the union and the VEA already had a rule requiring NEA membership to be a member. When my dad saw that they were taking 3 x as much money on his next paycheck, all he had to do was quit and threaten to sue, and they refunded his money. Union leaders dont want the optics of them stealing from random small guys when the unions already have more money.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 12:28:43 PM »

Do you really think union leaders are so violent that its surprising they dont extort random workers for money when the law says not to?  Back in the early 80s, the leaders of the local teachers union my dad was a member of quietly changed the rules to require VEA membership to be in the union and the VEA already had a rule requiring NEA membership to be a member. When my dad saw that they were taking 3 x as much money on his next paycheck, all he had to do was quit and threaten to sue, and they refunded his money. Union leaders dont want the optics of them stealing from random small guys when the unions already have more money.

Uh, the unions ARE the small guys.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 02:37:52 PM »

Surely, you mean the hard-working men and women that the union purports to protect.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 02:40:37 PM »

Surely, you mean the hard-working men and women that the union purports to protect.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 04:13:47 PM »

Tomato tomahto
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies