CNN: 26 Million Reasons Why Pelosi Isn't Going Anywhere (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:57:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CNN: 26 Million Reasons Why Pelosi Isn't Going Anywhere (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN: 26 Million Reasons Why Pelosi Isn't Going Anywhere  (Read 2381 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: August 07, 2017, 01:53:31 AM »

Democrats could install David Duke as minority leader and it still wouldn't make the white working class vote flip.
Exactly. Good choice on emphasizing those voters' racism too (David Duke). Here come the Republican and Bernie bro tears.

Of course, it's all about identity for them and nothing else.

Nope. Those people in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania voted for Trump be ause he was at least hitting populist talking points on trade. To call everyone who voted for Trump an angrywhite man is the type of SJW politics that Hillary ran and lost her campaign on. Run with that idea in 2020, and Democrats will lose badly.

Besides, many voters in those industrial states are two time Obama voters, so don't give me the angry white man stereotype, otherwise those industrial states will vote GOP for a long time to come, because they despise the identity politics Hillary ran on. "Vote for me because I'm a woman" was not a compelling argument, despite what you think.

As for Pelosi, she needs to go, now. Put up Tim Ryan, now. Bernie proved that you don't need to raise from bankers and corporations to run a strong campaign that by all rights, should've gone nowhere. That's the part people forget when talking about her fundraising abilities. That doesn't mean jack if it's raised from Wall Streeters and corporations.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 04:35:55 AM »

To those on the progressive left, she is one of us

She thanked a Fox News Propaganda host for being a "Guardian of our Democracy" in the past week. You'd have to go out of your way to actively try and find a Democrat in Washington who's more out of touch with the Party's base than she is.

I have no idea what you're referring to, but Nancy Pelosi, as Speaker, advanced one of the most progressive agendas through the House, comparable to the New Deal and Great Society. Her voting record is impeccable and she was once a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus (that ending due to her policy of being the leader of the entire party). And of course, were it not for extreme gerrymandering, she would have retaken the Speakership in 2012. I'd imagine that Congress would have been radically different under a Speaker Pelosi.

Tim Ryan was a protest vote. If Pelosi leaves office prematurely, Steny Hoyer would likely succeed her. I'm not opposed to new leadership, but we need to do it at the right time. We need to regain power first before we start revamping the leadership (which is what we do eventually have to do).

I'm referring to her recent Sunday show interview on Fox with Chris Wallace.

She's 77 and has done her part (and NO, the agenda of the last Democratic congress did not reverse any significant macroeconomic trends that have been the norm from the 1980's to today; ergo that agenda shouldn't even be spoken in the same breath as the Great Society or the New Deal). Her unfavorability rating is near or worse than Donald Trump's and no amount of fundraising can make up for that (and as Kingnapoleon mentioned: there's numerous other Democrats in the House who could do a better job so why is she House Speaker again?)

Not to mention that it's been proven you can fundraise without going to bankers or corporations
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies