CNN: 26 Million Reasons Why Pelosi Isn't Going Anywhere (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:31:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CNN: 26 Million Reasons Why Pelosi Isn't Going Anywhere (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN: 26 Million Reasons Why Pelosi Isn't Going Anywhere  (Read 2393 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 07, 2017, 02:41:28 AM »

To those on the progressive left, she is one of us

She thanked a Fox News Propaganda host for being a "Guardian of our Democracy" in the past week. You'd have to go out of your way to actively try and find a Democrat in Washington who's more out of touch with the Party's base than she is.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 03:19:42 AM »

To those on the progressive left, she is one of us

She thanked a Fox News Propaganda host for being a "Guardian of our Democracy" in the past week. You'd have to go out of your way to actively try and find a Democrat in Washington who's more out of touch with the Party's base than she is.

I have no idea what you're referring to, but Nancy Pelosi, as Speaker, advanced one of the most progressive agendas through the House, comparable to the New Deal and Great Society. Her voting record is impeccable and she was once a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus (that ending due to her policy of being the leader of the entire party). And of course, were it not for extreme gerrymandering, she would have retaken the Speakership in 2012. I'd imagine that Congress would have been radically different under a Speaker Pelosi.

Tim Ryan was a protest vote. If Pelosi leaves office prematurely, Steny Hoyer would likely succeed her. I'm not opposed to new leadership, but we need to do it at the right time. We need to regain power first before we start revamping the leadership (which is what we do eventually have to do).

I'm referring to her recent Sunday show interview on Fox with Chris Wallace.

She's 77 and has done her part (and NO, the agenda of the last Democratic congress did not reverse any significant macroeconomic trends that have been the norm from the 1980's to today; ergo that agenda shouldn't even be spoken in the same breath as the Great Society or the New Deal). Her unfavorability rating is near or worse than Donald Trump's and no amount of fundraising can make up for that (and as Kingnapoleon mentioned: there's numerous other Democrats in the House who could do a better job so why is she House Speaker again?)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies