If Bernie is the nominee, will you stay home or vote for someone else?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:57:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  If Bernie is the nominee, will you stay home or vote for someone else?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Poll
Question: If Bernie is the nominee, will you stay home or vote for someone else?
Yes (R)

Yes (D)

Yes (I)

No (D), I will vote for him

No (R), I will vote for him

No (I), will vote for him

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 141

Author Topic: If Bernie is the nominee, will you stay home or vote for someone else?  (Read 4927 times)
TML
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2017, 11:15:14 PM »

I've always voted for whoever the Democratic nominee is. My choice is usually baked in once it becomes apparent that a specific person has clinched the Democratic nomination. In 2012 (the first year I became eligible to vote in a general election) I voted for Obama, last year I voted for Hillary. If Bernie had been the nominee last year, I would have voted for him.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2017, 11:45:51 PM »

I'll vote for someone else, thank you.
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2017, 01:16:54 AM »

I voted "No (I), will vote for him" because that is the closest response.  Really my opinion is, "No, I will not stay home, and I would strongly consider voting for him."

I'm not much of a Sanders supporter, and certainly not a "Bernie Bro" (what a silly term, that), but of all the potential D nominees, he's probably one of the more likely ones I'd vote for, maybe a 50% chance, or even possibly higher depending on how the next 3 years go.  I'm always a late decider and usually don't make up my mind until a few days before the election.

That being said, I don't know how likely he is to win the nomination, or even run, for that matter.

He's too much of an conceited egomaniac not to run.

I don't doubt that he wants to, but he'll be knocking on the door of 80 by general election time.  The mind may be willing, but that doesn't mean the body will obey.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2017, 01:28:24 AM »

I'd vote for him if for no other reason than that the third partiers have completely given up on even trying to seem like rational candidates.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2017, 02:06:23 AM »

He's trash, his policies are grade-A space cadet, and it seems like him and his "movement" are going out of their way to destroy the Democratic Party without showing any goodwill to the party in the first place. I mean, Bernie spouts his mouth about Democrats and offers largely unsolicited advice, when the truth is that he's not even a Democrat himself and never will be unless it's politically expedient. That's bullsh**t.

What's worse is that the party actually is starting to rebrand in his image yet he still hasn't actually done anything meaningful to help the party rebuild and win. Where's his e-mail list?

Say what you will about Hillary, but she has always f-cking been there to help the only political organization that everyone knows actually has the power and ability to make change.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2017, 06:43:58 AM »

He's trash, his policies are grade-A space cadet, and it seems like him and his "movement" are going out of their way to destroy the Democratic Party without showing any goodwill to the party in the first place. I mean, Bernie spouts his mouth about Democrats and offers largely unsolicited advice, when the truth is that he's not even a Democrat himself and never will be unless it's politically expedient. That's bullsh**t.

What's worse is that the party actually is starting to rebrand in his image yet he still hasn't actually done anything meaningful to help the party rebuild and win. Where's his e-mail list?

Say what you will about Hillary, but she has always f-cking been there to help the only political organization that everyone knows actually has the power and ability to make change.
And her 'help' has sure paid dividends, hasn't it?
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2017, 07:34:59 AM »

I'll vote for him, but I wont like it.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2017, 08:00:56 AM »

Most people who supported Bernie are not going to jump on a Booker or Cuomo train either. The problem is that Bernie types are sick and tired of the lobbyists, student loans and everything D.C. has brought. Thomas Frank describes this perfectly in his new book. Dems are making a huge mistake by disparaging the Bernie crowd.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2017, 08:10:58 AM »

Would vote for him but would hope that he has a young(er) VP. He won't get much passed anyway unless he has both houses and a mandate but I liked him because he was honest if not for all of his policy. He would be 79 going on 80 in year one of his admin. His mom died at 46 and his dad at 57. I think he might have some Ashkenazi DNA some that might help with the longevity but he very well may die in his first term.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2017, 08:16:36 AM »

Never will I ever vote for him.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2017, 10:55:41 AM »

Enthusiastically vote for Bernie

The budding alliance between establishment Democrats, Neocons and the domestic surveillance state needs to be severed by any means possible.

I would prefer a nominee like Chris Murphy, who has at least displayed a serious contemplation of non-interventionalist foreign policy, but Bernie is a good alternative.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2017, 01:49:53 PM »

He and is supporters essentially said that black votes didn't count in the primary because they weren't for him, so why on earth would I vote for someone with that sort of sentiment? The left thinks that Sanders can win without black votes, so clearly he has his own special magical path that wouldn't require me to vote for him anyway.

Stop making s**t up troll.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2017, 01:54:16 PM »

I definitely wouldnt vote for Bernie .
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2017, 02:07:20 PM »

If Hillary had been as uncooperative and unenthusiastic as Sanders was after the 2008 primaries, the whole thing could have been a very different rodeo for the party.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2017, 02:26:01 PM »

Most people who supported Bernie are not going to jump on a Booker or Cuomo train either. The problem is that Bernie types are sick and tired of the lobbyists, student loans and everything D.C. has brought. Thomas Frank describes this perfectly in his new book. Dems are making a huge mistake by disparaging the Bernie crowd.
That won't change, regardless of who's in power. And because those things don't have anything to do with actual policy like single-payer, tuition-free tertiary education, infrastructure, immigration reform, etc. there's no reason to oppose them. You guys' purity tests will do more harm than good: fracturing the Party.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2017, 02:35:41 PM »

If Hillary had been as uncooperative and unenthusiastic as Sanders was after the 2008 primaries, the whole thing could have been a very different rodeo for the party.
LOL you have to be dumb to think that that would've actually made a difference in 08. Obama would've swept no matter what.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2017, 07:19:55 PM »

Bernie will obviously win Virginia, so if I still live here, my vote won't matter anyway, right? I don't want to have to pick between the lesser of two evils. /s
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2017, 07:31:04 PM »

LOL you have to be dumb to think that that would've actually made a difference in 08. Obama would've swept no matter what.

LOL you have to be dumb if you think all that matters when it comes to making change is winning the White House. So don't put words in my mouth, mmkay? It's true that Obama would have won by a large margin regardless. But if Hillary hadn't played ball like the loyal soldier she was, or if she had equivocated and been insincere the way Bernie was in '16, it's no sure bet that the Democrats would have had a senate supermajority, and certainly that would have changed the way things unfolded in '09-'10.

To pretend that Hillary hasn't been there for Democrats is assinine.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2017, 09:03:27 PM »

Not the biggest fan but he's way better than the alternatives probably, so...
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2017, 09:05:45 PM »

He isn't my first choice, but I'd vote for him if I lived there.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2017, 09:40:51 PM »

Any Democrat that wouldn't vote for Bernie Sanders in the general election is a hypocrite and a coward.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2017, 09:47:48 PM »

I would probably do a write in or third party. I've never stayed home.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2017, 09:50:20 PM »

Any Democrat that wouldn't vote for Bernie Sanders in the general election is a hypocrite and a coward.

He's not entitled to our votes. What if I'm just not inspired enough?
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2017, 09:54:34 PM »

We were told by Bernie supporters in 2016 that  Clinton just wasn't "inspiring", I feel much the same of Sanders and his "movement".
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2017, 10:10:46 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2017, 10:20:22 PM by Shadows »

Vote 3rd party/Don't vote at the Presidential level/Vote Trump/Vote reluctantly for Bernie - Those are your options. But don't go crying Party Unity & if you don't back the Dem Presidential candidate against freaking Trump. I don't think Clinton supporters want to see a mad man like Trump & a GOP Congress creating another Clinton email investigation in 2021 to distract from his failures.

Bernie Sanders is not entitled to your vote. You are correct about that. He will make his case to everyone & then hardcore anti-Bernie Democrats will decide what to do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies