Sanders single-payer litmus test alarms Dems
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:10:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sanders single-payer litmus test alarms Dems
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Sanders single-payer litmus test alarms Dems  (Read 4678 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2017, 05:47:25 PM »

If they won't deliver on this issue then exactly what will Democrats accomplish when they return to power? Deregulate a few more industries? Tax credits for tech monopolies?

No one is saying they shouldn't deliver on healthcare.

Universal coverage should be the goal and you can achieve that in many ways. The point is not to tie yourself to one way of achieving the goal.

Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2017, 06:01:23 PM »

If they won't deliver on this issue then exactly what will Democrats accomplish when they return to power? Deregulate a few more industries? Tax credits for tech monopolies?

Immigration reform, minimum wage increase, a health care bill that is better than ObamaCare but isn't single payer, tax reform that doesn't involve tax cuts for the top 1%, NAFTA repeal, the Equality Act, etc.

Acting as if single payer is the only worthwhile thing a democratic administration can do for liberal Americans is pretty ridiculous.

It's the most far-reaching, long-term and immediate policy they could do at this point in time. If they can't do a big change, I have no faith in them doing milder reforms.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2017, 09:26:15 PM »

Acting as if single payer is the only worthwhile thing a democratic administration can do for liberal Americans is pretty ridiculous.

That's my main concern right now, and I say this as someone who could benefit from something like Medicare-for-all. Everything can't revolve around healthcare.

However I will say this - if we're going to do single payer, then they better fking do it right this time, because we can't spend all our time and power on healthcare. If they fall short again, we need to move on to other issues. The world is not on pause as we squirm on healthcare reform. There are still tons of other issues that need to be addressed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies