Would you allow Hillary Clinton to baptize your kids?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:23:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you allow Hillary Clinton to baptize your kids?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Would you allow Hillary Clinton to baptize your kids?
Yes

No

Yes, but not when they were babies

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Would you allow Hillary Clinton to baptize your kids?  (Read 2186 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2017, 08:50:06 PM »

I don't believe in infant Baptism.  I believe Baptism is a choice for a believer of any age who understands that choice.

The Bible gives the Church the model of babies being dedicated to the Lord, with parents promising to bring them up in the faith.  That being said, Hillary Clinton's spirit doesn't witness to mine.  She does not accept the inerrancy of Scripture or the authority of Scripture, and I wonder how many Biblical doctrines she rejects.  Does she believe in Salvation by Grace through Faith in Christ, and His Death and Resurrection?  Does she, indeed, believe in the physical death and resurrection of Christ?  These are not trivial questions for a Christian; they are matters of ETERNAL significance. 

Until such time that Hillary Clinton makes a personal declaration of faith that is what Scripture would indicate is sufficient, I will never allow Hillary Clinton to have any role in the spiritual instruction of my 12 year old son.  And I will raise my son to be able to recognize a Charlatan and a Heretic and reject their false doctrine.

I don't know the answers to that, FB, as I'm not a mind or heart reader.

I CAN guarantee you beyond any doubt in the world, though, that's she's literally 1000 times more likely to truly and devoutly hold these beliefs than Trump is.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2017, 10:38:42 PM »

I don't believe in infant Baptism.  I believe Baptism is a choice for a believer of any age who understands that choice.

The Bible gives the Church the model of babies being dedicated to the Lord, with parents promising to bring them up in the faith.  That being said, Hillary Clinton's spirit doesn't witness to mine.  She does not accept the inerrancy of Scripture or the authority of Scripture, and I wonder how many Biblical doctrines she rejects.  Does she believe in Salvation by Grace through Faith in Christ, and His Death and Resurrection?  Does she, indeed, believe in the physical death and resurrection of Christ?  These are not trivial questions for a Christian; they are matters of ETERNAL significance. 

Until such time that Hillary Clinton makes a personal declaration of faith that is what Scripture would indicate is sufficient, I will never allow Hillary Clinton to have any role in the spiritual instruction of my 12 year old son.  And I will raise my son to be able to recognize a Charlatan and a Heretic and reject their false doctrine.

That's weird. I wouldn't even object to having a conservative Christian baptize my kids (assuming they were old enough to understand it since I don't like infant baptism either.)

I wouldn't even disallow a Catholic priest from baptizing my kids, as long as it wasn't understood as a "Catholic baptism", although it's tough to imagine the scenario in which it would occur. The only people I wouldn't allow to baptize my kids (aside from obvious exclusions, child molesters, etc.) are Mormons, non-Trinitarians, members of New Age-y not really Christian sects, or Unitarians.

(Well of course also Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, atheists, etc. too but that kind of goes without saying.)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2017, 10:46:31 PM »

She's not a catholic but I also don't care so it'll be up to my husband, who will be Jewish.

I have to ask... engaged to a Jew currently, or do you have a thing for men of the Tribe?

Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2017, 10:51:14 PM »

She's not a catholic but I also don't care so it'll be up to my husband, who will be Jewish.

I have to ask... engaged to a Jew currently, or do you have a thing for men of the Tribe?

Kind of a running gag, I guess?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2017, 11:00:34 PM »

Kind of a running gag, I guess?

Ah
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2017, 06:25:35 PM »

No. I'd be fine with a trustworthy, christ-loving female baptizing my children, but Hillary doesn't meet that category. I'm sorry, but she is far from honest, and someone who goes around advocating for partial birth abortion and repeal of the hyde amendment is not a Christian.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2017, 06:27:07 PM »

Hillary would be the only one baptizing my kids.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2017, 07:06:49 PM »

Are you kidding? Hell no. 
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2017, 07:34:40 PM »

That's weird. I wouldn't even object to having a conservative Christian baptize my kids (assuming they were old enough to understand it since I don't like infant baptism either.)

I wouldn't even disallow a Catholic priest from baptizing my kids, as long as it wasn't understood as a "Catholic baptism", although it's tough to imagine the scenario in which it would occur. The only people I wouldn't allow to baptize my kids (aside from obvious exclusions, child molesters, etc.) are Mormons, non-Trinitarians, members of New Age-y not really Christian sects, or Unitarians.

(Well of course also Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, atheists, etc. too but that kind of goes without saying.)

Can I please baptize your children?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2017, 07:41:11 PM »

I mean sure why not
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2017, 07:44:01 PM »

I was talking to BRTD... No offense, man.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2017, 01:05:11 PM »

No, because she'd just as soon abort them, partially born or otherwise.  And babies shouldn't be baptized anyway except for a symbolic measure during a dedication ceremony.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies