Would you allow Hillary Clinton to baptize your kids? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:09:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you allow Hillary Clinton to baptize your kids? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you allow Hillary Clinton to baptize your kids?
Yes

No

Yes, but not when they were babies

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Would you allow Hillary Clinton to baptize your kids?  (Read 2216 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 10, 2017, 02:44:07 PM »

Yes, I support the sprinkling of babies. It's a church tradition that dedicates the congregation to the welfare of the newborn as soon as possible.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 07:34:40 PM »

I don't believe in infant Baptism.  I believe Baptism is a choice for a believer of any age who understands that choice.

The Bible gives the Church the model of babies being dedicated to the Lord, with parents promising to bring them up in the faith.  That being said, Hillary Clinton's spirit doesn't witness to mine.  She does not accept the inerrancy of Scripture or the authority of Scripture, and I wonder how many Biblical doctrines she rejects.  Does she believe in Salvation by Grace through Faith in Christ, and His Death and Resurrection?  Does she, indeed, believe in the physical death and resurrection of Christ?  These are not trivial questions for a Christian; they are matters of ETERNAL significance. 

Until such time that Hillary Clinton makes a personal declaration of faith that is what Scripture would indicate is sufficient, I will never allow Hillary Clinton to have any role in the spiritual instruction of my 12 year old son.  And I will raise my son to be able to recognize a Charlatan and a Heretic and reject their false doctrine.

That's weird. I wouldn't even object to having a conservative Christian baptize my kids (assuming they were old enough to understand it since I don't like infant baptism either.)

I wouldn't even disallow a Catholic priest from baptizing my kids, as long as it wasn't understood as a "Catholic baptism", although it's tough to imagine the scenario in which it would occur. The only people I wouldn't allow to baptize my kids (aside from obvious exclusions, child molesters, etc.) are Mormons, non-Trinitarians, members of New Age-y not really Christian sects, or Unitarians.

(Well of course also Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, atheists, etc. too but that kind of goes without saying.)

Can I please baptize your children?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 07:44:01 PM »

I was talking to BRTD... No offense, man.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies