Sask Party leadership election: Jan 27, 2018
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:45:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Sask Party leadership election: Jan 27, 2018
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sask Party leadership election: Jan 27, 2018  (Read 2864 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2018, 09:47:22 PM »

Fourth ballot results:

Cheveldayoff: 4844 (29.51%)
Koch: 5591 (34.06%)
Moe: 5980 (36.43%)

At this point, I'd wager that Moe has it.

According to wiki, Scott Moe killed a person

In 1997, he caused the death of one person in a highway traffic incident for which he was issued a ticket for driving without due care and attention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Moe

Scott "Teddy" Moe  or Scott "Killer" Moe

Not a surprise he opposes carbon taxes (or carbon pricing,) he doesn't care about life.  I believe he's anti abortion though, which to his idiot supporters makes him 'pro life.'

Indeed, some 'pro life' group just tweeted congratulating the Sask Party for electing Killer Moe as their leader.
Njall
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 10:29:26 PM »

Fourth ballot results:

In 1997, he caused the death of one person in a highway traffic incident for which he was issued a ticket for driving without due care and attention.

Not a surprise he opposes carbon taxes (or carbon pricing,) he doesn't care about life.  I believe he's anti abortion though, which to his idiot supporters makes him 'pro life.'

Indeed, some 'pro life' group just tweeted congratulating the Sask Party for electing Killer Moe as their leader.

Yup, he was that group's second choice for leader after Cheveldayoff. From a quick read of their materials, it seems that their preference for him was largely due to his commitment to having free votes on matters of conscience, and his openness to legislating a requirement for parental consent in order for a minor to have an abortion.
adma
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2018, 11:06:34 PM »

Moe has it.

136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2018, 11:34:22 PM »

Fourth ballot results:

Yup, he was that group's second choice for leader after Cheveldayoff. From a quick read of their materials, it seems that their preference for him was largely due to his commitment to having free votes on matters of conscience, and his openness to legislating a requirement for parental consent in order for a minor to have an abortion.

So, Killer Moe got a second chance, but he's not so quick to allow the same opportunity to others.
Lotuslander
Boo Boo
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2018, 02:39:18 AM »

Frankly, I couldn't care less about SK poli as it's a relatively small provincial backwater. Even the SK NDP are centrist "orange" liberals akin to their neighbouring Manitoba NDP brethren. That said, I'm surprised no one has brought up the new preem's previous DUI conviction:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/wall-defends-three-sask-party-candidates-with-dui-charges

I only bring that matter up 'cause BC preem Gordon Campbell received a DUI, while in office, in Hawaii back in 2003. Everyone thought Campbell was a goner as a result. So what happened? Campbell was in front of BC media TV cameras giving a tearful apology. Would that work? Subsequent Mustel poll (expensive CATI/tends to be accurate) held majority of BCers accepted same.

Moreover, Mustel poll in subsequent month held that BC Libs *increased* their standings by 5%. Who woulda thunk? Politics is def a strange land. Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies