Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:19:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16
Poll
Question: Should I remain in the race for Delegate?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come  (Read 18570 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2018, 12:56:38 AM »

Congrats to Spark! Cheesy Look forward to serving with you!

You as well! Smiley
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2018, 12:58:10 AM »

I have come to celebrate and declare a tentative victory in the election to the Southern CoD. An official statement will come soon. Thank you!
who do you think was elected besides you?

According to Wulfric's calculations, the elected were:
Spark
Ben Kenobi
Young Texan
Thumb
Saint
HCP
Tim Turner
Who was the last to be elected? How much margin of error for that last seat?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2018, 01:02:29 AM »

Dip's last vote pushed Thumb over. Thumb, HCP and Bagel were close.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2018, 01:05:37 AM »

any invalid votes?
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2018, 01:49:50 AM »

Congrats!

I don't believe so.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2018, 01:51:12 AM »

I mean, is WestMidlander's vote valid?
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2018, 01:55:02 AM »

The ballot doesn't say anything about post requirements so i'd assume they are valid.

Now I think about it, Mondale may be invalid since he didn't specify which race he was voting in (governor or chamber).
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2018, 01:58:36 AM »

If Mondale's vote is invalid Bagel is probably not getting above the line?
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2018, 02:00:11 AM »

If Mondale's vote is invalid Bagel is probably not getting above the line?

Probably not
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2018, 05:57:11 PM »

Statement on election to Southern Chamber of Delegates

Firstly, I would like to express my gratitude to my fellow Southerners for providing me with the opportunity to serve in the Chamber of Delegates. I will work to the best of my ability to cooperate with other members of the CoD and place the interests of our citizens first and foremost. I was given the chance to make a difference in the lives of Atlasians who deserve access to opportunity and a chance to succeed. We have the honor of being the only region left with regularly elected Senators. This is an example of how the South continues to be leading in Atlasia as a bastion of stability. My service will be marked by being a great advocate, speaking out for the voiceless, and having consistent activity. This is what the South deserves and I will be able to provide that. I know that you will be find my work promising for all of us.

Thank you.

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2018, 10:37:24 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2018, 11:03:53 PM by Delegate-elect and Councilman Spark498 »

Taking office soon & Deputy Speaker self-nomination

My fellow Southerners, in light of Speaker Saint's recent announcement to not seek a full term, I have decided to nominate myself to become Deputy Speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates to assist the new Speaker. This exemplifies my willingness and eagerness to serve our citizens. I endorse our next Speaker fully and wholeheartedly. It's important to have a tandem who will be both productive and efficient together in carrying out their duties. I can accomplish this, as I have prior experience in the legislature which includes a 1/2 term in Lincoln and now service to the South. I believe that I can provide a consistent supporting role in this office and ask that my colleagues and officials to consider my nomination to this critically important post.

I will be taking office as Southern Delegate on Friday as set by the Constitution, and pledge to be an active voice for our citizens. I plan to complete many important actions through my tenure including movement of bills on education, the budget, infrastructure, and the environment. I am going to fight corruption to the utmost of my ability while going forward to ensure accountability and transparency for our legislators. I'll be resolute in my commitment to accomplishing meaningful change in the lives of Southerners.

We can only accomplish this together. Thank you for your consideration!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2018, 03:32:30 PM »

Swearing-in, Votes, and Bill introductions

My fellow Southerners, I took office today as a Delegate to the Southern Chamber of Delegates. I have already voted on a number of important bills, most notably the federal War Powers Amendment. I'm eager to get to work for all Atlasians in the South. I also hit the ground running by introducing legisation related to education, which includes the School Methods Act and the School Bullying Prevention Act. Other highlights of my tenure I hope to complete are bills related to security and the budget. I will continually strive to serve you and fight for our citizens to allow them to become prosperous while having access to equal opportunity.

Thank you.

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2018, 09:10:59 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2018, 10:06:09 PM by Delegate and Councilman Spark498 »

Progress and Deputy Speaker nomination

Hello all, I would like to update you on the progress I have been making in the Southern legislature. I have introduced a few bills that are of great importance related to criminal justice reform. I am a strong proponent to fix our criminal justice system and focus more on rehabilitation rather than punishment for perpetrators of non-violent crimes. This will reduce the overcrowding of our prisons and by providing resources for those who have been convicted, we can reduce the rate of recidivism in our society and inmates back to living their daily lives as productive citizens. Once we address the underlying issues, productivity can be restored.

Regarding my nomination as Deputy Speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates, I was formally nominated by Delegate YoungTexan today and I could not be more grateful for his support as well as the Federalist Party. I wish him the best on his House run and that he continues to be a beacon of hope and change for our citizens, he is an incredible public servant and we owe him a debt of gratitude for his service to our region. I appreciate the encouragement and everyone's willingness to serve. Let's work together to truly transform the Southern region into something better for all of us!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2018, 12:08:08 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2018, 12:14:53 PM by Deputy Speaker Designee and Councilman Spark498 »

Deputy Speaker Election

My fellow colleagues, I would sincerely like to thank you for your confidence in me to serve as Deputy Speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates. I plan to work effectively with our new Speaker, TimTurner, to accomplish much needed reform in our region. We must move past our differences and look toward the bigger picture, which is prosperity for the South. Our citizens deserve legislators who will heed the call of service and do so to the best of their ability. I will continue fighting for our citizens to reduce corruption, ensure accountability, and improve our everyday of life.

This means a lot, thank you.

Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #189 on: July 30, 2018, 10:45:22 PM »

Congratulations!! I’m looking forward to the Liberty Party making the South proud of their officeholders!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #190 on: July 31, 2018, 12:48:16 AM »

Congratulations!! I’m looking forward to the Liberty Party making the South proud of their officeholders!

Thank you very much Sen. Haslam.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #191 on: July 31, 2018, 01:18:02 AM »

Spark....he is right that you joined a literal troll party (the CDU is a troll party) and then joined the federalists right before the election to try and get a boost.....in addition, I think he is right on Ben (no offense Ben but we have had these arguments in the past and although I never went public with arguments we had our fair share) that you should not threaten others in such a way. In addition, expulsion measures are idiotic and only make the person introducing them look stupid, usually.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #192 on: July 31, 2018, 01:19:41 AM »

Spark....he is right that you joined a literal troll party (the CDU is a troll party) and then joined the federalists right before the election to try and get a boost.....in addition, I think he is right on Ben (no offense Ben but we have had these arguments in the past and although I never went public with arguments we had our fair share) that you should not threaten others in such a way. In addition, expulsion measures are idiotic and only make the person introducing them look stupid, usually.

This isn't a matter of me joining the CDU, it's a matter that he came after not one, but two people within the party and his fellow colleagues. Ben and YT are both wrong. We are not acting as a "big tent" party, and this has got to end.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2018, 01:22:19 AM »

This isn't a matter of me joining the CDU, it's a matter that he came after not one, but two people within the party and his fellow colleagues. Ben and YT are both wrong. We are not acting as a "big tent" party, and this has got to end.
What is wrong with it not being a big tent? Brush up on your history a bit I suggest Tongue
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #194 on: July 31, 2018, 01:25:40 AM »

What is wrong with it not being a big tent? Brush up on your history a bit I suggest Tongue

YT should just go join the PUP, he aligns more with them. He certainly won't be attacking any of their members.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #195 on: July 31, 2018, 02:59:54 AM »

Worth noting that neither Yankee nor myself support expelling party members, especially over disagreements like this.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #196 on: July 31, 2018, 01:29:45 PM »

My fellow Southerners, the disputes have been resolved and we have restored order to the Chamber.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2018, 06:18:47 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2018, 12:22:18 PM by Deputy Speaker and Councilman Spark498 »

Limited Activity

My activity will be limited today due to IRL commitments such as moving back to college, and my activity may be more limited for two weeks, although I still instead to serve as a Delegate and Deputy Speaker. I will continue to strive to work for my consitutents and bring lasting change to the South.

Thank you.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2018, 06:12:17 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2018, 08:06:21 PM by Spark498 »

Voting

I am still currently voting on bills that are deemed important in the Southern region, and plan to continue serving the people of the South.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #199 on: September 02, 2018, 02:07:43 PM »

Limited Activity and Re-election bid

I would like all of my constituents to know and bring to the attention of the people of the South that I am limited in my activity due to IRL duties and commitments, however, I remain committed to furthering the mission of the South and serving our citizens. I will continue to vote on bills, offer my thoughts for debate on legislation, and hope to introduce more bills in the near future.

I also would like to formally announce to you all that I will be seeking a second term to the Southern Chamber of Delegates. I believe that although progress is gradual, that substantial change is possible in the South and we can alter its course of affairs for our citizens. Significant improvements were made in regard to policy areas such as criminal justice and education, which are signature accomplishments of my first term. As Deputy Speaker, I ensured the cooperation of those in the Chamber to strive for something greater than ourselves and place our differences aside. I hope that I will garner your support in my bid for re-election.

Thank you.

-Deputy Speaker Spark

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies