Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:41:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16
Poll
Question: Should I remain in the race for Delegate?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come  (Read 18569 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: December 26, 2018, 08:29:44 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You made a thread titled Economic Policies of Bill Clinton. This is your contribution to that thread.

This is wrong in so many ways it clearly lacks fact checking. I don't support someone who is an obvious partisan hack. We may agree on things, and you're more than likely a good person. However, I can't support someone who doesn't care enough to do five minutes of research to realize that the GOP does not do everything good that has America ever happened to America.

Perhaps you should do some more researching about existing laws in Atlasia as well. I'm the most moderate candidate I know, but also willing to work with your party to create new meaningful solutions to existential issues.

You've ran in all 3 States in Atlasia. I don't see why you can't settle in and work for "meaningful solutions to existential issues" in one of these states. Please stop carpetbagging.

Yes, I have. I suggest you stop focusing on me and building your own political career in Atlasia. I've accomplished that in 2 of 3 regions already and will do so in Fremont as well. I have proven results and made the lives of Atlasians better. We cannot risk a candidate governing that has total inexperience.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #251 on: December 26, 2018, 08:34:17 PM »

You made a thread titled Economic Policies of Bill Clinton. This is your contribution to that thread.

This is wrong in so many ways it clearly lacks fact checking. I don't support someone who is an obvious partisan hack. We may agree on things, and you're more than likely a good person. However, I can't support someone who doesn't care enough to do five minutes of research to realize that the GOP does not do everything good that has America ever happened to America.

Perhaps you should do some more researching about existing laws in Atlasia as well. I'm the most moderate candidate I know, but also willing to work with your party to create new meaningful solutions to existential issues.

You've ran in all 3 States in Atlasia. I don't see why you can't settle in and work for "meaningful solutions to existential issues" in one of these states. Please stop carpetbagging.

Yes, I have. I suggest you stop focusing on me and building your own political career in Atlasia. I've accomplished that in 2 of 3 regions already and will do so in Fremont as well. I have proven results and made the lives of Atlasians better. We cannot risk a candidate governing that has total inexperience.

Im gonna focus on your last sentence here, "We cannot risk a candidate governing that has total inexperience". If we look at your profile we see a Trump/Pence sign. Hmmm... What prior political experience did President Trump have? Im gonna have to put a goose egg up for him. Along with that, wasn't the main reason many Republicans and Conservatives supported from because of his status as an outsider who was gonna drain the swamp in Washington? Sounds like a lot of hypocrisy on your part for calling me out on "total inexperience" in a Fantasy Government, while turning around and supporting someone who fits that criteria in the real world.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #252 on: December 26, 2018, 08:38:53 PM »

You didn’t accomplish anything in the South other than get your ass recalled.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #253 on: December 26, 2018, 08:40:05 PM »

Im gonna focus on your last sentence here, "We cannot risk a candidate governing that has total inexperience". If we look at your profile we see a Trump/Pence sign. Hmmm... What prior political experience did President Trump have? Im gonna have to put a goose egg up for him. Along with that, wasn't the main reason many Republicans and Conservatives supported from because of his status as an outsider who was gonna drain the swamp in Washington? Sounds like a lot of hypocrisy on your part for calling me out on "total inexperience" in a Fantasy Government, while turning around and supporting someone who fits that criteria in the real world.

In case you weren't aware, the real world is much different than Fantasy Government. My argument is how can we know that you will be a reliable voice in the Parliament? When in contrast, I have a list of accomplishments. Despite things become turbulent IRL thereafter, I still was able to make inroads pertaining to a variety of issues.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #254 on: December 26, 2018, 08:40:20 PM »

If you lose the election in the South, should we expect you to move to Frémont next?
We were warned.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #255 on: December 26, 2018, 08:42:11 PM »

If you lose the election in the South, should we expect you to move to Frémont next?
We were warned.

I didn't lose election in the South though. I want to serve Atlasians in all regions. It's important that I attempt to make changes across regions in the entirety of Atlasia.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #256 on: December 26, 2018, 08:43:20 PM »

In case you weren't aware, the real world is much different than Fantasy Government. My argument is how can we know that you will be a reliable voice in the Parliament? When in contrast, I have a list of accomplishments. Despite things become turbulent IRL thereafter, I still was able to make inroads pertaining to a variety of issues.

I have a question very similar to your's. How do we know you won't interlope to Lincoln in the middle of the night? You clearly have no loyalty to anyone except your own delusions of grandeur
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #257 on: December 26, 2018, 08:44:44 PM »

I have a question very similar to your's. How do we know you won't interlope to Lincoln in the middle of the night? You clearly have no loyalty to anyone except your own delusions of grandeur

I can't. There are rules in place that prevented that from occurring. I'm loyal to my principles, those who elect me, and lastly, my party.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #258 on: December 26, 2018, 08:44:50 PM »

We were warned.

I didn't lose election in the South though. I want to serve Atlasians in all regions. It's important that I attempt to make changes across regions in the entirety of Atlasia.
True, you were chased out of office by the governor of your own party for being very, very bad at your job. My mistake!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #259 on: December 26, 2018, 08:45:59 PM »

I can't. There are rules in place that prevented that from occurring. I'm loyal to my principles, those who elect me, and lastly, my party.

Wait... so you're loyal to your ideas more than the people of Altasia? Shouldn't you be loyal to the Republic before any of those? Or will you just move away from that too!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #260 on: December 26, 2018, 08:47:30 PM »

We were warned.

True, you were chased out of office by the governor of your own party for being very, very bad at your job. My mistake!

I commend the Governor for wanting an active legislature, I wasn't meeting those demands due to IRL commitments and that won't happen again because if that occurs, I'll take an official LOA. Sometimes we have obligations that need to be accounted for outside of our official duties.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #261 on: December 26, 2018, 08:48:42 PM »

Wait... so you're loyal to your ideas more than the people of Altasia? Shouldn't you be loyal to the Republic before any of those? Or will you just move away from that too!

Atlasians should be loyal to my ideas, not only as a candidate. I'm dedicated to furthering the common interest.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #262 on: December 26, 2018, 08:50:17 PM »

Atlasians should be loyal to my ideas, not only as a candidate. I'm dedicated to furthering the common interest.

The People of Altasia have rebuked you in every region except Fremont at this point, when will you realize that your ideas are backwards for the time.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #263 on: December 26, 2018, 08:51:32 PM »

The People of Altasia have rebuked you in every region except Fremont at this point, when will you realize that your ideas are backwards for the time.

My ideas are what the region needs to prosper. Yes, mistakes were made and I had to own up to them and make sure they won't continue to occur.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #264 on: December 29, 2018, 02:50:03 PM »

Fremont Special Election, Presidential Election Endorsement

Hello my fellow Atlasians! Today I would like to announce that I decline on running for the special election in Fremont which would be held next week.

I also want to endorse the presidential ticket of YT/Ninja as they'd be a great bipartisan addition to the White House and can get much accomplished! I served with YT in the Southern legislature over the summer and he is a principled person who's ready to stand up for Atlasia!

I still will be running for Fremont Parliament on January 19th! Be sure to vote and I'll be honored for your support.

Thanks!

-Spark, Candidate for Fremont Parliament
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #265 on: December 30, 2018, 09:24:26 PM »

Fremont Special Election

I would like to provide an update on the special election next weekend that I will be running. However, I will not run for election to Fremont Parliament on January 18th regardless of the outcome as I will be taking a break from the game.

If elected, I will serve only 1 term in the Parliament due to my IRL commitments.

-Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #266 on: January 03, 2019, 11:05:17 PM »

Special Election begins

Hey everyone, I’d like to humbly request your support in this upcoming election. This will determine the direction of our region into the future. Please review my platform and proposals. I plan to work with Labor to achieve great things for Fremont.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thanks.

-Spark, Candidate for Parliament
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #267 on: January 07, 2019, 03:05:22 AM »
« Edited: January 09, 2019, 03:15:13 PM by Fmr. Deputy Speaker Spark »

Statement on Special Election

I would like to offer my sincerest congratulations to the winner of the special election. It is with deep regret that I express that we fell short in the election. I simply am not able to be active at this time and will be taking a break from the game until possibly the summer. I hope that you are able to understand that I need time to plan my next move to serve you.

I will be back.

Thank you.

-Spark
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #268 on: January 07, 2019, 11:55:08 AM »

Lincoln had better watch its back...
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #269 on: January 09, 2019, 03:15:27 PM »

Lincoln had better watch its back...

I will be remaining in Fremont for quite some time.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #270 on: January 21, 2019, 04:01:06 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2019, 08:44:26 PM by Fmr. Deputy Speaker Spark »

Political Future

Hello my fellow Atlasians, I will be taking a break from fantasy elections for a few months. However, I can say that I am exploring another bid for Fremont Parliament in April. I believe I am very qualified and principled to serve so I'm considering giving it another attempt. This does not serve as an official announcement yet, as I am still pondering whether or not I can provide consistent service due to IRL commitments taking precedent. I still can assure you that if I would need to be inactive, I'd take a LOA. As for the carpetbagging accusations, I think it's absolutely preposterous and contrary to my values that I wouldn't seek elected office for any reason other than to make the lives of Atlasians better. I do not run for election for my own benefit, but rather to serve you. It's just that I have a desire to make all regions better and do what is expedient during that time. My apologies for any misrepresentations, but feel free to be transparent and ask any questions that you may have. I know I have valuable things and contributions to offer Fremont. I believe in the promise of Atlasia and I want our fellow citizens to as well.

Thank you and I will speak to you again soon.

Former Deputy Speaker Spark
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #271 on: January 21, 2019, 04:24:07 PM »

You made 10 posts this weekend yet couldn't bother to vote in the Fremont elections because you were "busy." Why should Fremont trust you with political office when you can't even fulfill your most basic responsibility as a citizen?

All of these posts you keep making are raccoon crap, they are empty words, empty promises. Less talk, more action! 
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #272 on: January 22, 2019, 12:17:54 AM »
« Edited: January 24, 2019, 08:41:28 PM by Fmr. Deputy Speaker Spark »

You made 10 posts this weekend yet couldn't bother to vote in the Fremont elections because you were "busy." Why should Fremont trust you with political office when you can't even fulfill your most basic responsibility as a citizen?

All of these posts you keep making are raccoon crap, they are empty words, empty promises. Less talk, more action!  

Perhaps you should focus on the South and stop worrying about my endeavors - I'm going to make Fremont better!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #273 on: January 24, 2019, 08:33:38 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2019, 08:38:54 PM by Fmr. Deputy Speaker Spark »

Campaign Announcement + Updates

I would like to officially announce that I will be running for the Fremont Parliament in April on the same platform as this month. My principles do not change and I stand by them. I believe that there is much to be accomplished in this region and I am able to serve in April. I will take a leave of absence if my obligations begin to take precedence. To address Gov. TM's comments, IRL things get numerous and my apologies for missing a vote as a citizen. But the good news is Koopa was elected, and he will accomplish very much for our region. I'm willing to work with all to make our region the best it possibly can be. We need to be a more competitive region. Gov. TM is doing a fantastic job in the South and the economy is doing well. Feds need to begin expanding into Fremont to truly make a difference in the lives of Atlasians. I will not quit until that difference is made and we start bringing new initiatives onto the regional stage. I have much expertise and experience to bring to the legislature and when I am able to serve, I get things accomplished.

Please feel free to review my platform and consider voting for me on 4/19.

I'll be campaigning at some point next month and hopefully can be active.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

Fmr. Deputy Speaker Spark

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #274 on: January 24, 2019, 08:43:46 PM »

Campaign Platform
Spark498 for Fremont Parliament
A better future

Environment & Conservation

Protection of natural resources is important!

We must do whatever means necessary to protect the environment and the natural habitats of endangered species of trees and animals. Biodiversity is incredibly important in an ecosystem and if we do not protect them, they will cease to exist. This means that our posterity will never have the chance to view the wonders that they bring to humanity. These species also contribute to our betterment and welfare by purifying the air and diversifying the food chain. We need to protect them. Federal lands need to be safeguarded and limited logging and drilling should be allowed.

We should focus on reducing carbon emissions and this is accomplished by eliminating deforestation and putting a cap on them. Increased CO2 in the atmosphere leads to the exacerbation of global warming and presents an existential crisis for our climate. Let's encourage renewable energy and grant subsidies to more wind farms and encourage development of electric cars instead of fuel-powered automobiles. We must also promote the bottle deposits to spread awareness of recycling and its importance.

Let's leave our planet to our children better than the way we found it!

Labor Laws

Many Atlasians desire a fair wage. Although I do not support an increase to $15 per hour for workers, I do want to support the use of unions and workers' collective bargaining rights. We must protect workers from being exploited by employers, especially immigrants. Those who have temporary work visas should not be working for less than a fair wage, I believe it would be our responsibility to intervene in these cases of economic exploitation. We must protect the right to assemble, strike, and demand better wages. Raising the minimum wage would do more harm in the long term by raising unemployment and costing jobs, we want to keep the economy strong.

Economy

In order to have an economy that promotes success, we should cut spending in particular areas that are unnecessary. This does not include essential services such as SS, healthcare, education, or infrastructure. However, military spending can be reduced if it contributes to a deficit. Marijuana must be decriminalized and used as a source of tax revenue like cigarettes. The artificial sanding of beaches can be eliminated to reduce spending and this disturbs its natural composition. We have to try and balance the budget in proportion to our tax revenues. Cutting taxes will make citizens have more disposable income to use and increase consumer confidence. The rich keep our economy going by investment and buying securities.

These are the main issues I'd focus on as a member of Parliament. However, my tenure would not just be limited to these three issues, but I do feel that they are paramount and the most pressing right now for me as a candidate. I also plan to address criminal justice reform, transportation, and healthcare.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks.

Best,

-Spark498, Candidate for Fremont Parliament

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies