Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:00:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Poll
Question: Should I remain in the race for Delegate?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come  (Read 18527 times)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2017, 12:05:36 AM »
« edited: January 27, 2020, 12:29:56 AM by Resolute Revere »

I, Spark498, have declared my candidacy for Governor of the Northern Region in the October 2017 elections.

My fellow beloved citizens of the North,

Today, I come before you humbled and privileged to announce my candidacy for Governor of the (Lincoln) Northern Region. You may believe that the current governor has done enough for the people of the Northern region. However, the efforts have not gone far enough in reaching the forgotten and abandoned. The current governor supports universal healthcare. Our society depends on the free market and we should be able to let it run its course. We would be able to use the funding for universal healthcare for other areas. The economy is not performing as well as it could at optimal height and unemployment will rise. We need to focus less on welfare reform and get our citizens back to work. Dependence on government handouts is not going to solve the problem.

In my tenure, I pledge to be an advocate and voice for those who cannot speak out. I put forth a new vision for you all, one that I hope will be able to elect me the first Federalist governor of the North. We would be able to make sufficient progress by simple measures such as spending cuts to needless areas, and focus it on infrastructure, education, and security. We need to decrease taxes to allow for more growth in the region. I believe in a notion of small government, the less interference the better we can thrive. As for social issues, I am extremely pro-life in principle and I believe all life is sacred. Although I am against it, I will not seek to ban abortion and make it illegal. A woman should have access and privacy to her healthcare and no one has any right to interfere. The environment is one of the issues that is extremely important to me. We must utilize the North's energy resources effectively, efficiently, and in a clean manner. While using much of our natural reserves of shale, oil, and natural gas, we must encourage a shift to renewable energy. By fostering this change, we will be able to create many new jobs in the economy called 'green jobs'. I cannot allow our region to continue down this doomed path. It must change its course and that is the reason I am running for Governor. I hope to have your vote on election day, I would be extremely privileged and honored. Remember, we can all seek to strive for change that can serve the betterment of our society.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely yours,

-Spark498, Candidate for Northern (Lincoln) Governor

P.S. If you have any inquiries pertaining to my campaign please don't hesitate to ask me.

Background:

I am a former Lincoln Assemblyman (2/24/17-4/1/17). I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia.

Education:

A.B., History and Government, Carnegie Mellon University
M.P.A/J.D., University of Pennsylvania

Profession:

Lawyer

Religion:

Christian

You may review my policy positions here:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=242870.msg5215618#msg5215618

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=41602.msg5131672#msg5131672
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 07:05:01 PM »

My fellow citizens, as you may know Governor Wells has decided to not run for re-election.

I have decided that I am not running for reelection to the office of governor next month. Three terms is enough. For the next month or so I’m going to make sure that the region of Lincoln is in good shape when I leave.

We must turn around the Lincoln region and get our economy rolling again. As Governor, I pledge to cut social welfare programs and put that spending to use in other areas such as education for future generations. We need to put our people back to work in the North. I will take a moderated stance on abortion, although I am personally against it but I will allow abortion and not seek to outlaw it in the North. Measures will be taken to cut taxes and spur growth by investing in infrastructure to create new jobs, as well as transitioning to renewable forms of energy will also create thousands of jobs while retaining and supplementing other energy sources. I will be humbled and privileged to receive your vote on election day, the North needs well needed and drastic change. I am the candidate who can deliver it. Elect me as one of the first Federalist Governors of the North.

Let's all seek a better future, change we deserve, and I will speak for those who feel they have no voice.

Thank you so much for your consideration and if you choose to vote for me, I promise not to let you down.

Sincerely,

-Spark498, Candidate for Northern (Lincoln) Governor
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 07:18:49 PM »

Endorsed!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 07:52:03 PM »

How about no
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 08:19:45 PM »

... Seriously?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 08:34:58 PM »

I just really like people who want to save the planet.

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 11:13:51 AM »

Thank you very much.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 12:29:18 PM »

your attitude puts me out at ease
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 07:27:25 AM »

Asking this question to all gubernatorial candidates because it should be an issue in this campaign: how would you alter or structure the region's healthcare system using the provisions of the RRPHA?
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 07:41:36 PM »

Asking this question to all gubernatorial candidates because it should be an issue in this campaign: how would you alter or structure the region's healthcare system using the provisions of the RRPHA?

Can you elaborate further?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 08:03:23 PM »

What is your healthcare plan for Lincoln?
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 06:09:34 PM »

A mix between free market and a single payer system.
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 07:38:40 AM »

Endorsed!
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 02:51:13 PM »

Endorsed, we need Federalist change in Lincoln and you're the person to do it.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 03:11:10 PM »

Question for Spark:

I looked at your voting record from when you were in the Assembly. Perhaps you could explain the definition of "absent" because there are a lot of those there.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 12:08:47 PM »

Endorsed, we need Federalist change in Lincoln and you're the person to do it.

Nevermind, unendorsed
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 05:48:42 PM »

Question for Spark:

I looked at your voting record from when you were in the Assembly. Perhaps you could explain the definition of "absent" because there are a lot of those there.

It seems a little odd that you (Spark? I'm not sure if he'll even read this so I might have to use third person) would respond to a question about noticeably low levels of activity in previous Atlasia offices by ignoring it for ten days. Maybe I should phrase it better.

Why were you so inactive as an Assemblyman and could you possibly give a case for why you would still make a decent Assemblyman despite all this?
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 07:54:09 PM »

Question for Spark:

It seems a little odd that you (Spark? I'm not sure if he'll even read this so I might have to use third person) would respond to a question about noticeably low levels of activity in previous Atlasia offices by ignoring it for ten days. Maybe I should phrase it better.

Why were you so inactive as an Assemblyman and could you possibly give a case for why you would still make a decent Assemblyman despite all this?

Pardon me Former Governor Wells.. The votes that I casted mattered in the Assembly. I have been busy lately with other things, but I can assure you I will serve to the best of my ability. Despite my inactivity, I was able to make sufficient progress for the North. I am not here to debate with you, I praise your service to the Lincoln region.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 09:11:01 PM »

Endorsed
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 08:52:11 PM »

I appreciate all of your endorsements.

I would be very humbled to earn your vote tomorrow during the Lincoln Gubernatorial election. Well needed change is in store for the Northern Region and I intend to make that reality possible. We also require someone who can reach across the aisle and make significant progress on issues, I am that candidate.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Former Lincoln Assemblyman and Candidate for Governor of Lincoln, Spark498
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 03:41:49 PM »

I encourage you all to please vote for the best candidate.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 05:00:29 PM »

Although we did not prevail, I would like to congratulate Governor-elect Lok on a hard fought campaign and wish the best for the people of Lincoln. I will be back in December for another chance to serve in the Senate.

-Spark498, former Assemblyman and candidate for Senate
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2018, 10:55:49 PM »

I will be running again once more next month. Please consider taking a look at my platform. I plan to dedicate myself to being a great public servant and making some necessary changes to the Lincoln region including more spending for infrastructure and education. I am willing to negotiate on social issues as I am extremely flexible while still adhering to my principles.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2018, 11:14:32 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2018, 11:05:18 PM by Kasparian Kool Aid »

Former Lincoln Assemblyman (2017) and Governor candidate, Spark498

Dear my fellow Atlasians in the Lincoln Region,

I welcome you to my campaign office for Governor of Lincoln. You will find my policy proposals and statements below. Please feel free to make any comments, endorsements, and ask any questions you feel are necessary to my candidacy. I will do my best to respond to them in an insightful and timely manner. I would sincerely appreciate your support and vote on election day on June 22, 2018. I promise you will not be disappointed in lending me your support.

Thank you.

It is my honor to be running once again for the office of Lincoln Governor. I believe that my policy proposals will guide the region in the best direction for the foreseeable future. We must invest in areas such as infrastructure, education, and poverty reduction initiatives. These initiatives will serve to allow those who are marginalized to regain hope as they are temporarily given the opportunity to get ahead and receive an education. The education system must be focused on individual needs with a specific standard guideline. Teachers should not teach to the test, but cater to each of the students' needs in different situations. More funding should be granting for supplies and wage growth will be improved if teachers are given the necessary resources for schools to thrive. Our infrastructure is in dire need of repair, as we are currently in a state of decay. Our airports, railways, and bridges must be revitalized with current technology to avoid disasters from transpiring in the first place. We must also recognize that we can compromise and come together to work on a myriad of different issues such as social issues, immigration, and security. I feel that it is imperative to have a leader who acknowledges adversity and bridges the divide between himself and others with finding common ground between them. This will lead to a productive dialogue and ensuring that we can effectively work together. I believe I am the right candidate to cooperate with the Lincoln legislature for Atlasians to satisfy their basic necessities.

I hope to gain your support for this upcoming election which is a pivotal point in our region's history. We have a choice to regain its vitality once again. I can deliver.

Regards,

-Spark498, Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lincoln Governor candidate
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2018, 12:55:25 AM »

Spark, you fell of the rolls for not voting in the past 3 elections Tongue

You need to re-register Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16  
« previous next »