Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:59:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16
Poll
Question: Should I remain in the race for Delegate?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come  (Read 18258 times)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: November 16, 2019, 02:46:11 PM »
« edited: January 19, 2020, 02:05:46 PM by Spark »

Candidacy for Southern Chamber of Delegates

Index

Important Information

Platform

Campaign Schedule

Events/Speeches
Campaign Announcement - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Past Experience - Miami, FL

Criminal Justice - Jacksonville, FL

The Economy - Salina, KS

Social Policy - Macon, GA

Statement on Regional Borders Amendment

Education - Tupelo, MS

Foreign Affairs - La Fayette, LA

Gun Control - Jefferson, MO

Fiscal Responsibility - Tampa Bay, FL

2020 Southern Gubernatorial Endorsement

Statement on Activity Level

Agriculture - Danville, VA

Housing - Nashville, TN

A Fresh Start - Benton, AR

Transportation/Infrastructure - Houston, TX

Labor - Oklahoma City, OK

Poverty - Mobile, AL

Urban Planning - Greenville, SC

Mining - Louisville, KY

A Changing Dynamic - Charlotte, NC

A Choice For Our Region - Nyman, DC

Endorsements

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
Atlasian Coalition of Labor Occupations
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #326 on: November 16, 2019, 02:56:15 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2019, 08:24:30 PM by Luminous Longstreet »

Platform

Economy:
-Protecting right to work laws
-Decrease taxation, cut spending in other areas except entitlements
-Restrictions on outsourcing
-Tariffs on imports to support sustainable growth
-Increase incentives for companies
-Expand tax credit for middle class

Environment:
-Protect national parks, federal lands
-Oppose carbon tax
-Support drilling offshore
-Path to energy independence

Climate Change:
-Incentives for conversion of fossil fuel powered vehicles to electric/hybrid technology

Crime:
-Support longer sentencing for sexual offenders
-Reduce sentences for non-violent drug offenses
-Oppose death penalty
-Support mandatory parole for all non-violent offenders to reduce size of prison population

Education:
-Focus on pupils, less on testing
-Increase funding to schools
-Support national standard
-Increase teacher salaries

Abortion:
-Pro-life, oppose in all cases

Same-Sex Marriage:
-Support in principle

Immigration:
-Support guest worker program
-Increase temporary work visas
-Allow path to citizenship for law-abiding illegal immigrants
-Allow illegal immigrants the option to purchase healthcare
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #327 on: November 16, 2019, 03:25:50 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2019, 10:29:07 PM by Spark »

Past Experience, Qualifications

Miami, FL

I feel most qualified to serve because I have legislated at the regional level, and have the necessary political experience to do the role of delegate. Despite the mistakes I had made outside of office, my conduct in office has been productive in the South. I was able to get many bills passed in the Southern CoD and worked with former speaker Tim in bringing bills to a vote. I have the necessary leadership capability in order to be successful and deliver successive wins for the South. I hope you will join me in this journey.

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #328 on: November 16, 2019, 08:09:31 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2019, 08:13:11 PM by Luminary Lee »

Slight Change

Hi all, my apologies for the confusion. I have decided to drop the brief bid for House, and instead be an active voter next month. I hope to regain your confidence as I begin campaigning again around the South for the election in January. I really do miss that!

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Spark
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #329 on: November 16, 2019, 08:21:29 PM »

Slight Change

Hi all, my apologies for the confusion. I have decided to drop the brief bid for House, and instead be an active voter next month. I hope to regain your confidence as I begin campaigning again around the South for the election in January. I really do miss that!

Spark

Well,

Spark, I know some people on here aren't massive fans, due to the sock issue a few months back, but like I said when you left before. I don't think one mistake should make it so you can't have a "future' in Atlasia or on the forum, just don't make that mistake again! Smiley
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #330 on: November 16, 2019, 08:52:30 PM »

Slight Change

Spark

Well,

Spark, I know some people on here aren't massive fans, due to the sock issue a few months back, but like I said when you left before. I don't think one mistake should make it so you can't have a "future' in Atlasia or on the forum, just don't make that mistake again! Smiley

I appreciate your comments. I am not going to ever make that mistake again. I will strive to do my best that is all.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #331 on: November 17, 2019, 11:12:36 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2019, 10:25:39 PM by Spark »

Jacksonville, Florida

Criminal Justice

Hello my fellow Southerners, I am running to represent you in the Chamber of Delegates in January! As you all may know, I previously served in the CoD during 2018. During my tenure, we witnessed sex offenders being handed down longer sentences, but also a focus on criminal rehabilitation. I made it a priority to work with the legislature to keep prisons from becoming too overcrowded and keeping your tax dollars where they belong - in developing our region.

It is my duty to protect the interests and welfare of the people of the Southern region. It is important that the laws are respected and order is maintained. As your faithful servant, I will strive to do everything in my power to ensure that your communities are safe and hospitable for you and your families. If we focus on building new community recreation centers, we can bridge the divide between the police and the people. This new found perception will allow our communities to live in harmony, rather than breeding division.

Nothing is impossible if we come together and ensure that people are properly punished, but also provided another chance to right their wrongs. That is what I believe our region is about.

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #332 on: November 17, 2019, 11:18:28 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2020, 02:05:54 PM by Spark »

Campaign Schedule

My first stop will be to Salina, Kansas to discuss my economic platform in our region.

Stay tuned!

Jacksonville, FL: Election Day Speech - 1/21

To be continued..
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #333 on: November 19, 2019, 08:25:22 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2019, 10:17:34 PM by Spark »

Salina, KS

The Economy

Hello my fellow Southerners, it is with great pleasure that I inform you of my economic platform. If I am elected to the legislature, here is what I plan to do for the South. I hope to work to make the South the most business friendly region in Atlasia. By keeping taxes as low as possible, it will create an incentive for businesses to move to our region. I support spending cuts to other areas of less importance. We need to protect our industries from foreign competition, as many jobs are lost due to outsourcing. We are most competitive when innovation and ingenuity thrive. I do not support an increase in the minimum wage because it will causes businesses to lay off workers and increase unemployment. Instead, tax credits to the middle class after reducing spending becomes possible to implement. This will stimulate our economy to grow and expand production. With this economic growth accomplished, the South will be able to move in the right direction toward prosperity.

Please let me know if you have any comments or concerns. I look forward to hearing from you.

Spark
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #334 on: November 20, 2019, 09:52:36 PM »

Will you condemn the imperialist Southern government for their illegal occupation of Kansas?
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #335 on: November 21, 2019, 12:14:15 AM »

Will you condemn the imperialist Southern government for their illegal occupation of Kansas?

I understand your concern. Your question is about the South governing the state of Kansas.. I would like dialogue with Fremont to discuss this issue further.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #336 on: November 21, 2019, 10:14:42 PM »

Macon, GA

Social Policy

Hello Georgia! It is my honor to be here today to discuss my views on social policy. Abortion is one of the most grievous offenses in our region. This is the reason I support a ban on all abortions and holding doctors liable for these procedures. Life is to be respected and is a gift, abortion must be regulated because it is murder. Partial-birth abortions are the most heinous procedures that are done and must be regulated by law. I am able to understand the circumstances surrounding these cases and why mothers would choose to seek an abortion, but there are other viable options.

As for marijuana, I support its decriminalization, and any non-violent drug offenders convicted of marijuana possession must be released from prison. I am in favor of mandatory parole for non-violent drug offenses. This will reduce our prison populations and prevent overcrowding.

If you'd like to learn more about my positions on other issues of social policy, please ask down below. I look forward to hearing from you!

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #337 on: November 22, 2019, 07:26:20 PM »

Regional Borders Amendment

Statement

"1. New states may be admitted by the Congress into this Union, and apportioned among the several Regions as may be appropriate; but no new state shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the Regions concerned as well as of the Congress.
2. The Congress shall have power to dispose of and make all needful rules and regulations respecting the territory or other property belonging to the Republic of Atlasia.
3. The Regional legislatures may alter the boundaries of states and counties located within their respective Region at will.
4. Congress may also alter the boundaries of states and counties, when the border in question is located between two or more regions."

This amendment is currently open for a vote by citizens and I encourage you all to vote yes on this amendment! The third provision would grant more autonomy to the regional governments in order to modify borders as they see fit. This can remedy any disputes or regional divides that may be occurring, instead of going through Nyman. Often times, the regional governments will have a better understanding of these issues and in line with the party position, I must favor this amendment.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #338 on: November 22, 2019, 08:55:06 PM »

This amendment is currently open for a vote by citizens and I encourage you all to vote yes on this amendment! The third provision would grant more autonomy to the regional governments in order to modify borders as they see fit. This can remedy any disputes or regional divides that may be occurring, instead of going through Nyman. Often times, the regional governments will have a better understanding of these issues and in line with the party position, I must favor this amendment.

At present almost all Federalists are voting against this amendment.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #339 on: November 22, 2019, 09:31:11 PM »

I meant our party philosophy. And why is that?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #340 on: November 22, 2019, 09:35:41 PM »

Given you're allegedly a Federalist you should be in the loop on why your party is currently trying to defeat this amendment.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #341 on: November 22, 2019, 09:55:06 PM »

Given you're allegedly a Federalist you should be in the loop on why your party is currently trying to defeat this amendment.

Well, I've been out of the the game for a while. I do what is best for my region.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #342 on: December 05, 2019, 12:54:01 PM »

Tupelo, Mississippi

Education

Hello Tupelo! It is a pleasure to be here today and once again be a candidate to represent you in the Southern Chamber of Delegates.

During my tenure as a former delegate, I introduced a bill to change the standardized testing system in the South. I can do this again and make even further improvements to our education system. We need our retention rates in schools to be high, and increase funding for schools as well as teachers. Schools are very important for job training that prepare our youth for the best job opportunities available. Trade schools and vocational education should be regarded as equally important to colleges and universities. Not every pupil can afford to go on to college, but we should also foster options to make that available. If elected, I promise to work hard for each teacher and student in the Southern region to provide all with an equal opportunity.

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #343 on: December 09, 2019, 04:06:13 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2019, 11:00:51 AM by Spark »

La Fayette, Louisiana

Foreign Affairs

Hello my fellow Southerners, it is a pleasure to be here today. I would like to discuss a bill which is currently being debated in the Southern CoD. I humbly urge my legislators support the bill "The Value of Self Determination Resolution". The South should have a voice to urge Nyman to take action against the People's Republic of China for their acts concerning Hong Kong. While I do support the end to CAFTA, I do not support sanctions at this time due to the repercussions on the world economy. China should be held accountable for its treatment of Hong Kong. Due to their high level of autonomy, Hong Kong should be recognized as an independent state.

Spark
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #344 on: December 15, 2019, 07:49:23 PM »

Endorsed.

For some reason I thought I already did this.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #345 on: December 15, 2019, 07:50:39 PM »

Jefferson, Missouri

Gun Control

My fellow Southerners, I will strive to protect your 2nd amendment rights if I am elected to the Chamber. The 2nd Amendment provides you all with sufficient protection from an oppressive government. This fundamental right guarantees you the security you need to have peace of mind from the government. While I do support the use of open carry and handguns as well as hunting rifles, I do not support assault weapons. There is no need for such weapons in Atlasia. I will continue to advocate for your rights so that they will not be infringed.

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #346 on: December 15, 2019, 07:51:22 PM »

If anything, I made progress during my tenure in the Southern legislature. I don't appreciate these characterizations.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #347 on: December 15, 2019, 07:51:29 PM »

The carpetbagger strikes yet again. I can't wait to see you move to Lincoln when you inevitably lose or are recalled, as usual.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #348 on: December 15, 2019, 07:51:57 PM »

Endorsed.

For some reason I thought I already did this.

Thank you Senator!
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #349 on: December 15, 2019, 07:52:32 PM »

The carpetbagger strikes yet again. I can't wait to see you move to Lincoln when you inevitably lose or are recalled, as usual.

I will be remaining in the South where I belong for the foreseeable future. If you have concerns you may ask them here.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies