Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:05:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
Poll
Question: Should I remain in the race for Delegate?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come  (Read 18610 times)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: December 15, 2019, 07:56:42 PM »

The carpetbagger strikes yet again. I can't wait to see you move to Lincoln when you inevitably lose or are recalled, as usual.

I will be remaining in the South where I belong for the foreseeable future. If you have concerns you may ask them here.
The problem with that is that you've said that in every region you've resided in, yet inevitably a few months later you move to another region.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #351 on: December 15, 2019, 08:00:03 PM »

The carpetbagger strikes yet again. I can't wait to see you move to Lincoln when you inevitably lose or are recalled, as usual.

I will be remaining in the South where I belong for the foreseeable future. If you have concerns you may ask them here.
The problem with that is that you've said that in every region you've resided in, yet inevitably a few months later you move to another region.

I am committed to remaining in a region that I have fought for and made positive changes during my time in office. I was glad to aid in efforts in Fremont.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #352 on: December 15, 2019, 08:02:03 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2019, 12:28:47 PM by Spark »

I was never recalled by the way. The accusation that I am a "carpetbagger" is baseless, as I have some legislative accomplishments and made the South a better place. This isn't about me, it should be about who is fit to serve the Southern region. I have done that before.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #353 on: December 22, 2019, 12:03:04 PM »

Tampa Bay, FL

Budget + Fiscal Responsibility

Happy Holidays my fellow Southerners! I am here in the beautiful state of Florida to speak with you about how government must be responsible in its allocation of your tax dollars. We should eliminate spending where it is unnecessary in our region to provide more essential services. Cutting into spending will take the steps we need to balance our budget and ensure that we will have enough revenue to meet your needs as citizens. I will work to contribute toward a sustainable and sensible budget for the governor to sign. This work is important as it determines the direction of the region for the fiscal year. I plan to advocate for increases in education and infrastructure especially, while reducing funding in other areas that are not as expedient (I do not support cuts to entitlements).

Please let me know your concerns, and I hope to get back to work for the Southern region!

Thanks.

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #354 on: December 24, 2019, 10:13:38 AM »
« Edited: December 24, 2019, 10:25:56 AM by Spark »

Gubernatorial Endorsement

Hello my fellow Southerners, we have two wonderful candidates running for Southern Governor next year. They are Southern Delegate West Midlander and Speaker of the Southern Chamber Muaddib. Both are principled leaders and I believe either of them will be great choices.

I plan to learn more about each candidate's vision for the Southern region and will soon have an endorsement.

As you all may know, I am running again for the Southern Chamber in January. I'd be honored to have your support. In office in 2018, I was able to get some significant legislative things done and I look forward to having the opportunity to serve again.

Thank you.

Spark

EDIT: After further consideration, I have proudly decided to endorse Speaker Muaddib to be the next Governor of the South. I believe that Speaker Muaddib demonstrates the commitment, dedication, and has served our region honorably.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #355 on: December 24, 2019, 10:23:01 AM »
« Edited: December 24, 2019, 11:07:08 AM by Spark »

Statement on Activity Level

If elected, I will be committed to introducing at least 3 bills per session. If I fail to do so, please hold me accountable. As for IRL commitments, I am expecting an uptick at some point. However, to address this I plan to take a LOA if necessary for a maximum of 3 days. I must ensure accountability and transparency to the Southern people because it is what you all deserve. I promise to serve to the best of my ability and uphold the ideals of this region. I will accept the result of this election and not interfere with its outcome.

Also in full transparency, I will be moving my office permanently so that the Southern people may view all legislative progress within the new office as well as express concerns.

Best wishes and happy holidays!

Spark

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #356 on: December 24, 2019, 12:08:53 PM »

After you were convicted of voter fraud and forced to deregister for three months, how can voters trust that you will participate fairly in this election?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #357 on: December 24, 2019, 12:20:27 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2019, 12:34:38 PM by Spark »

After you were convicted of [attempted] voter fraud and forced to deregister for three months, how can voters trust that you will participate fairly in this election?

Mr. Chancellor, I appreciate the question. I have pledged that I will never commit this offense again. I am not here to abuse the trust of the people. It was my duty when I was in office in 2018 to not exploit the powers of my office. I conducted myself with integrity during my tenure and have learned from my mistakes. I can understand the hesitation of supporting someone such as myself, but we all make mistakes.

If at any time I am found to be compromising the results of this election, I ask that the people start a petition to remove me from the ballot. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #358 on: December 24, 2019, 12:25:47 PM »

Inquiries, Q&A

I plan to take any questions that you may have. Related to policies or otherwise.

I believe that the Southern people deserve to hear from one of their candidates for Chamber.

I will not be active tomorrow due to the holiday but should be back online the day after.

Thanks for your understanding & I wish you a very Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

Spark
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #359 on: December 24, 2019, 12:42:22 PM »

I haven't decided where I will pref anyone, but you have my support for your return to office. We may have some ideological differences, but you'll certainly be a breath of fresh air compared to the current chamber, which has clearly been very inactive and what little activity there has been seems to involve bills that are either completely meaningless or harm more people than they help.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #360 on: December 24, 2019, 01:02:56 PM »

I haven't decided where I will pref anyone, but you have my support for your return to office. We may have some ideological differences, but you'll certainly be a breath of fresh air compared to the current chamber, which has clearly been very inactive and what little activity there has been seems to involve bills that are either completely meaningless or harm more people than they help.

Thank you Madam Representative. Despite my track record, I urge the Southern people to hold me accountable for my activity. I will take a LOA if absolutely necessary. I plan to introduce key legislation to reinvigorate this region.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #361 on: December 24, 2019, 01:17:33 PM »

Assuming your activity stays at the same level while you are in office, you will make for a good Delegate even if you will be in the opposite side of the aisle.

Either way, nice to see 2/3 Federalists campaigning well. Bagel has some of the funniest campaigns in Atlasina history and it seems Spark is one of only a few people who still does on-forum campaigning.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #362 on: December 24, 2019, 04:37:42 PM »

Assuming your activity stays at the same level while you are in office, you will make for a good Delegate even if you will be in the opposite side of the aisle.

Either way, nice to see 2/3 Federalists campaigning well. Bagel has some of the funniest campaigns in Atlasina history and it seems Spark is one of only a few people who still does on-forum campaigning.

Thank you Senator. I plan to continue campaigning and being active for the foreseeable future and to inform the people when I will be unavailable. I appreciate your comments. Bagel's campaign style certainly is unique.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #363 on: December 26, 2019, 01:00:53 AM »

After further consideration, I have proudly decided to endorse Speaker Muaddib to be the next Governor of the South. I believe that Speaker Muaddib demonstrates the commitment, dedication, and has served our region honorably.

Thank you for your endorsement. I wish you the best in your race for the chamber.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #364 on: December 26, 2019, 08:05:32 AM »

After further consideration, I have proudly decided to endorse Speaker Muaddib to be the next Governor of the South. I believe that Speaker Muaddib demonstrates the commitment, dedication, and has served our region honorably.

Thank you for your endorsement. I wish you the best in your race for the chamber.

Mr. Speaker, it is my pleasure. Best wishes in your race for Southern Governor. You have my full support.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #365 on: December 28, 2019, 08:25:36 PM »

Danville, Virginia

Agriculture

Hello my fellow Southerners! I'd like speak with you today about agriculture. Many small farms in the South and especially in rural Virginia struggle to survive. While many corporate farms are able to thrive and secure loans, many small farms are forced to compete. To level the playing field, I support subsides/tax credits to farmers in the South so that these small farms can continue to do well and small businesses are able to prosper. The regional government must recognize that we do not only have commercial farming but also subsistence farming. While many states in the South are right-to-work states, we must encourage a fair wage for government employees. This is the reason I support a Fair Wage Act for career government employees and tax credits to small farms. I believe in accomplishing these things, we can lead a more prosperous Southern region.

Best,

Spark
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #366 on: December 28, 2019, 08:29:11 PM »

Keep up the stellar activity!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #367 on: December 28, 2019, 08:46:07 PM »

Thank you. Best of luck in your race for Southern Governor.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #368 on: December 30, 2019, 02:52:32 PM »

Nashville, TN

Housing

Hello my fellow Southerners. Today I'll be speaking to you about housing in our region. In many cases, rent discrimination is commonplace. I will do everything I can to prevent this from happening. The reason it occurs is because landlords want to force out those who cannot afford to stay in order to build up their developments. This is clearly unethical and we must do all we can to limit this from happening. Many people can be displaced and forced to go without a home. We also must do more to encourage those to attain suitable housing. This can be accomplished by property tax abatements. By diminishing the tax on real estate, it will take the burden off of homeowners and landlords and counteract this behavior. If this fails, we will need to take more proactive actions to protect those within our residential communities.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to reach out.

Thanks!

Spark, Candidate for Southern Delegate

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #369 on: January 02, 2020, 08:44:11 PM »

Benton, Arkansas

A Fresh Start

Hello my fellow Southerners and Happy New Year! This year will be the start of a new era in the Southern Chamber of Delegates. We need to get quality legislation passed. Much of the last session had stagnated, and we have to change this! Let me know which bills you would like to see passed! I have a few in mind as it pertains to housing, infrastructure, and education. The South will have another chance later this month to elect delegates who it believes will serve this region and make the necessary changes.

I believe I am that candidate as someone who got results before during my tenure, and certainly can do it again! I'm ready to lead and introduce new legislation to get to work for the Southern people.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Best,

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #370 on: January 02, 2020, 08:52:56 PM »

Important Information

Here you will find relevant info such as my campaign schedule, speeches, and endorsements. Be sure to keep up to date!

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=270626.msg7055783#msg7055783
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #371 on: January 03, 2020, 02:09:47 PM »

Houston, Texas

Transportation

Hi my fellow Southerners! I am here in Texas today to talk with you about transportation. We have to be sure that we upgrade our rail lines to ensure they can handle the speed of new technology. The last thing we need is our infrastructure to fail us and cost lives. This is why I support an infrastructure investment and revitalization bill to make this a reality. Passengers should be able to ride public transportation without fear of accidents or failures which could have been prevented. I am an advocate for the safety and well-being of all our citizens.

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #372 on: January 04, 2020, 04:08:55 PM »

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Labor

Hi everyone! I'm glad to be here today in Oklahoma to talk with you about the labor laws in our region. As of late, the RTW laws have been repealed. While I do support strong collective bargaining rights for public sector employees, I believe it should be up to each individual citizen if they desire to join a union in the South. It won't force overly burdening union dues upon them, and give citizens an option for freedom of association. If elected, I will work to reinstate the RTW laws with your newly elected Governor of the South and the rest of the legislature. I believe the South can thrive if we pay workers fair wages and give them freedom of choice.

Let me know your thoughts.

Best,

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #373 on: January 06, 2020, 04:50:29 PM »

Mobile, Alabama

Poverty

Hello everybody! How are ya'll doing today?? I'm here in sweet home Alabama today to speak with you about how to lower our rising poverty rate across our wonderful region. We have to ensure that each Southerner is able to have a fair chance at success and thriving in Atlasia. This is the reason I support the income tax credit and cutting taxes for middle and low income citizens in the Southern region. By easing the tax burden, it can be easier to survive. Many families are forced to live on the edge, and we must address this issue. I support helping those in poverty get access to education and job resources in order to lift themselves up. I don't think that this can be done alone, and the government should aid businesses if necessary. We have to ensure that each Southerner knows that the promise of this region still exists and all can succeed!

Best,

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #374 on: January 08, 2020, 04:16:02 PM »

Greenville, South Carolina

Urban Planning

Hello all! I am grateful to be here today to talk to you about why we need to ensure that we use our land effectively in our region. We have to evaluate plots of land for the maximum beneficial effect it can provide to our people. From deciding where to put shopping malls, to homes, and community centers, this can all be done better. We need to build schools and communities away from areas of high pollution to decrease their risk of getting illnesses. This will serve to protect our people. I am open to working on laws that maximize the protection of our people and to benefit contractors as well.

To a more prosperous South!

-Spark
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies