Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:04:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 41043 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: August 12, 2017, 11:53:32 PM »

Some have criticized atheists because of the evils that some Communists have done. Is it fair to blame all atheists?

Not sure where you are coming from with that....

We have once again a terrorist assault committed at the hands of White Supremacists in the US....

Last time I checked Atheists and Communists aren't murdering people in the streets of America.

Maybe I am misinterpreting your point, but honestly it really sounds almost like an apology for the Neo-Nazi and White Supremacist murder, not to mention the daily physical assaults, burning down houses of worship and the like, that are currently being committed by these same political organizations and individuals....
Yes, you are missing the point. My point was that violence isn't just committed by any one group. ISIS is violent. Obviously I am referring to Communists leaders like Stalin etc and not anything going on in the US. The point is that you can't blame a whole group of people for what some of the people in the group do. You can't blame all Christians for what the KKK does. You can't blame Sanders for the shooting by just one of his supporters. etc
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #476 on: August 12, 2017, 11:55:40 PM »

Since Republicans like to talk about "Radical Islamic Terrorism", it seems fair to point out that Muslims are not the only ones who commit violence.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #477 on: August 12, 2017, 11:56:58 PM »

Since Republicans like to talk about "Radical Islamic Terrorism", it seems fair to point out that Muslims are not the only ones who commit violence.

Even the most depraved and ignorant Trumpist knows this. It's a ridiculous strawman.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #478 on: August 12, 2017, 11:57:55 PM »

Even the most depraved and ignorant Trumpist knows this. It's a ridiculous strawman.
You're missing the point.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #479 on: August 13, 2017, 12:00:19 AM »

Trying to tie acts of violence and terrorism completely unrelated to Christianity (such as this, Dylann Roof's shooting or the OKC bombing) to Christianity and labeling them "Christian terrorism" is completely pointless if the goal is only to be Captain Obvious and shows that people other than Muslims commit violence, since McVeigh, Roof and the driver were not Muslims either.

Not every act of terrorism is religious-based.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #480 on: August 13, 2017, 12:04:07 AM »

There is a lot of overlap between religion and politics and the point is that a lot of wars have been waged at least in part because of religion. Wars can be waged for other reasons.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #481 on: August 13, 2017, 12:05:39 AM »

There is a lot of overlap between religion and politics and the point is that a lot of wars have been waged at least in part because of religion. Wars can be waged for other reasons.

Is there any point you're trying to make that isn't totally blatantly obvious?
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #482 on: August 13, 2017, 12:08:53 AM »

Yes, it should be obvious, but is it obvious to everyone? Why has there been so much of an issue of calling ISIS radical Islamic terrorists? It has been a silly talking point and the Republicans are the ones who have made much ado about nothing. That has been your straw man.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #483 on: August 13, 2017, 12:09:28 AM »

Yes, it should be obvious, but is it obvious to everyone? Why has there been so much of an issue of calling ISIS radical Islamic terrorists? It has been a silly talking point and the Republicans are the ones who have made much ado about nothing. That has been your straw man.
They call themselves the Islamic State...
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #484 on: August 13, 2017, 12:14:48 AM »

They call themselves the Islamic State...
That's what they call themselves, but they are also are referred to as ISIL and Daesh.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #485 on: August 13, 2017, 12:14:54 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2017, 12:17:41 AM by Compassion Fills the Void »

Uh, because they are Islamic terrorists? As noted they even call themselves the Islamic State.

If you want to refer to white supremacist terrorists as white supremacist terrorists, go ahead. It seems pretty logical to simply to refer to terrorists by their motivation and whatever their ideology is instead of twisting to fit them into categories they can only be extremely loosely linked to, if at all.

The equivalent of what you're doing would be calling a group like Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine or the Janjaweed an Islamic terrorist group, not ISIS.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #486 on: August 13, 2017, 12:19:08 AM »

Uh, because they are Islamic terrorists? As noted they even call themselves the Islamic State.

If you want to refer to white supremacist terrorists as white supremacist terrorists, go ahead. It seems pretty logical to simply to refer to terrorists by their motivation and whatever their ideology is instead of twisting to fit them into categories they can only be extremely loosely linked to, if at all.
..and the KKK call themselves Christians. There motivation may come from their racism, rather than their religion, that would be the only difference. Why does it matter so much what they're called. Yes, I know the I in ISIS is Islam, so it really shouldn't even be an issue, right?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #487 on: August 13, 2017, 12:23:01 AM »

..and the KKK call themselves Christians. There motivation may come from their racism, rather than their religion, that would be the only difference. Why does it matter so much what they're called. Yes, I know the I in ISIS is Islam, so it really shouldn't even be an issue, right?

If you want to call the KKK a Christian terrorist group, I honestly wouldn't care. Although it's worth noting that the KKK went bankrupt during the FDR administration and hasn't existed for seven decades, and any group calling itself KKK today is just a basically just a bunch of racist cosplayers. "The KKK" as an actual unified organization doesn't really exist anymore.

That has nothing to do with whether the driver of that car is a Christian terrorist, because there is no evidence he was part of some KKK group as there were many other white nationalist groups present. So referring to him as a "Christian terrorist" is simply not correct. And yet, he's probably not a Muslim either, so even that doesn't weaken the blatantly obvious point that not just Muslims commit violence. So why even bother making this ridiculous line of argument?
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #488 on: August 13, 2017, 12:32:31 AM »

If you want to call the KKK a Christian terrorist group, I honestly wouldn't care. Although it's worth noting that the KKK went bankrupt during the FDR administration and hasn't existed for seven decades, and any group calling itself KKK today is just a basically just a bunch of racist cosplayers. "The KKK" as an actual unified organization doesn't really exist anymore.

That has nothing to do with whether the driver of that car is a Christian terrorist, because there is no evidence he was part of some KKK group as there were many other white nationalist groups present. So referring to him as a "Christian terrorist" is simply not correct. And yet, he's probably not a Muslim either, so even that doesn't weaken the blatantly obvious point that not just Muslims commit violence. So why even bother making this ridiculous line of argument?
I don't care what you call the KKK, but they call themselves Christian. I wasn't making an argument at all I was simply asking a simple question. So there is no point in continuing this discussion.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #489 on: August 13, 2017, 02:06:50 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #490 on: August 13, 2017, 02:19:42 AM »

The funny thing, there were no American flags or very few while the counterprotestors carried them.

I find that striking.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #491 on: August 13, 2017, 04:22:16 AM »

The funny thing, there were no American flags or very few while the counterprotestors carried them.
I find that striking.

Oh ..... good observation.
And yet these same people (and some here on Atlas) have a problem when those protesting Immigration issues carry the Mexican flag.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #492 on: August 13, 2017, 05:00:13 AM »

https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/896448398806724608

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/742370798850199552

I guess irony can be pretty damn ironic sometimes...
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #493 on: August 13, 2017, 09:20:58 AM »

Daniel909012
Rookie
« Reply #494 on: August 13, 2017, 09:29:40 AM »

I think he refused to respond rather to the madness of the journalist, shouting, was he even a journalist really?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #495 on: August 13, 2017, 10:00:33 AM »

This sort of grasping at straws to try to make every single act of violence or terrorism committed by a white guy "Christian terrorism" really doesn't help and distracts from the real horrors. We don't even know the perpetrator's religious beliefs. No one would call Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (whose founder isn't even a Muslim) an Islamic terrorist group even though they have the same goal as Hamas, because their attacks aren't religious motivated. Neither was this guy's, even if he was loosely connected to the KKK.

It's kind of amazing how people also think the Oklahoma City bombing was an act of religious terrorism when McVeigh wasn't religious in any way...I've even heard people call Dylann Roof a Christian terrorist even though he actually attacked a Christian place of worship. It's amazing.

The alt-right lovesChristiandom, but actively and publicly rejects Christianity, often preferring edgier belief systems like Paganism.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #496 on: August 13, 2017, 10:14:10 AM »

Domestic terrorists need to experience the full force of Federal Law Enforcement....

We have at least one person murdered at the hands of a Terrorist in the streets of Virginia.....

The terrorist used the same technique utilized by ISIS sympathizers in France and the UK within the past few short months....

Why is this not considered immediately to be an act of domestic terrorism?

Let's face it---- this was a reunification White Supremacist rally that pulled together various factions and splinter organizations of what is frequently an Extremist Movement that includes all types of various organizations and political formations....

2,000 Nazi Storm Troopers marching through the streets of a Liberal college town in Virginia, and now murder and mass attempted murder was committed.

If the Feds won't shut down these bastards, then unfortunately, we will need to address them using alternative means....

Not only should the individual identified be charged under Federal Terrorist Laws, but all organizations and individuals that he was associated with, should be having their front doors kicked in by armed law enforcement officers.... All computers and financial records should be seized for any of these Terrorist organizations that this person was connected with.

There is always a trail of money when it comes to Terrorist organizations, and it's time that the Feds do the right thing, and consider this a domestic terrorist incident, and go after the "handlers".

If this were a lone wolf ISIS deal, we would be dealing with a terrorist incident the same way that I propose.

What are we waiting for---- the next Oklahoma City???

I liked this.... until I saw the antifa logo .-.

Sorry Irritable... got my nose busted in during an Anti KKK demonstration back when I was a kid in the early '90s in Indiana....

Seeing the multiple murders (Direct and indirect including one Antifa demonstrator and two Cops that died at the hands of these thugs) made me pull up an old black and red flag from back in the days....

Reality is that these guys marching behind their riot shields, are the same people that are basically the foot soldiers of a well known half-dozen White Supremacist activists that have been around for decades, including a few well known names that I am aware of from compounds in West Virginia and Nebraska....

Sure, the Antifa flag might be a bit provocative, but we need to remember which organizations are actually committing murder and bombings against Jews, Racial Minorities, Leftist organizations, etc....

The thugs marching in Charlottesville are being bankrolled and supported by the same organizations and dudes that created a reign of terror in the West Coast in the '80s, including murders of Jewish radio personalities, African immigrants, etc....

When I was 15 in small town Oregon we had to literally fight off these Nazi Punks, using any means necessary.

We defeated the American Front in Oregon in the late '80s/ early '90s to the point where they no longer exist in Oregon.... I am not ashamed to fly an Antifa flag on this day, against the same bastards that fired bullets through my Sister's Jewish Community Center in Eugene at the time.

My apologies if the flag was offensive, but having seen first hand the violence that these organizations commit, the false dichotomy and moral equivalency argument rings hollow to my ears....

The organizations that centralized their demonstration in Virgina are domestic terrorist organizations, and somehow the media and social media obsession is about "extremist counter protesters?Huh"  

Meanwhile we now have two cops dead, as well as an individual murdered by the Terrorists....

If you are that worried about a Black and Red flag, maybe you need to take a look at some of the flags the Nazis were carrying at their demonstration....

I mean I'm not offended by flags, and I am ethnically Jewish myself (my dads side of the family is historically Jewish). Antifa is a group of cowards for the same reason why the KKK is a group of cowards; they don't have the guts to show their faces when they commit illegal acts.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #497 on: August 13, 2017, 10:28:08 AM »

So, who wants to bet Charlottesville becomes a watershed historical moment that helps define the Trump era? Seems a good bet.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #498 on: August 13, 2017, 10:29:48 AM »

So, who wants to bet Charlottesville becomes a watershed historical moment that helps define the Trump era? Seems a good bet.
His first major domestic test and he failed miserably.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #499 on: August 13, 2017, 10:34:45 AM »

YesYoureRacist Twitter account has started identifying folks and informing their employeers
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies