Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:07:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 40760 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: August 12, 2017, 08:13:21 PM »

So, I guess that, now that we're nearly 20 pages in, I can say that this event probably secured a D hold on Virginia's governorship this year?
Not at all. This was not a Republican-affiliated event, just some racist nut jobs.  The race is still in play even if Northam has the lead.

Wishful thinking.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #426 on: August 12, 2017, 08:15:02 PM »

So, I guess that, now that we're nearly 20 pages in, I can say that this event probably secured a D hold on Virginia's governorship this year?
Not at all. This was not a Republican-affiliated event, just some racist nut jobs.  The race is still in play even if Northam has the lead.

Wishful thinking.
No, it's not.  Neither Gillespie nor the Republican Party has ever aligned itself with such sick people.  Gillespie will not pander to these thugs.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #427 on: August 12, 2017, 08:15:27 PM »

No.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #428 on: August 12, 2017, 08:16:11 PM »

Wishful thinking.
No, it's not.  Neither Gillespie nor the Republican Party has ever aligned itself with such sick people.  Gillespie will not pander to these thugs.

But the white supremacists are hanging around Trump's neck now, and Trump is hanging around the Republicans' neck.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #429 on: August 12, 2017, 08:19:06 PM »

Wishful thinking.

But the white supremacists are hanging around Trump's neck now, and Trump is hanging around the Republicans' neck.

Exactly.
This is the connection many citizens see, and it will have an effect at the polls (though small, but still something).
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #430 on: August 12, 2017, 08:19:27 PM »

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #431 on: August 12, 2017, 08:20:31 PM »

Wishful thinking.

Gillespie pandered to these type of people with his stance on the monuments. The moderate/business type Republican is pretty much dead in VA when it comes to Governor and Senate races.

They can only win in special circumstances (ex. McConnell in 2009).
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #432 on: August 12, 2017, 08:21:41 PM »

Not at all. This was not a Republican-affiliated event, just some racist nut jobs.  The race is still in play even if Northam has the lead.

Wishful thinking.
No, it's not.  Neither Gillespie nor the Republican Party has ever aligned itself with such sick people.  Gillespie will not pander to these thugs.

Gillespie pandered to these type of people with his stance on the monuments. The moderate/business type Republican is pretty much dead in VA when it comes to Governor and Senate races.

I presume you're referring to Bob McDonnell.  
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #433 on: August 12, 2017, 08:24:00 PM »

Not at all. This was not a Republican-affiliated event, just some racist nut jobs.  The race is still in play even if Northam has the lead.

Wishful thinking.
No, it's not.  Neither Gillespie nor the Republican Party has ever aligned itself with such sick people.  Gillespie will not pander to these thugs.

I presume you're referring to Bob McDonnell.  

Yeah, I had a brain fart.

It has been a long day.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #434 on: August 12, 2017, 08:24:59 PM »

Wishful thinking.

It will be hard not to -Ed Gillespie nearly lost the gubernatorial nomination to Corey 'Neo-Confederate' Stewart.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #435 on: August 12, 2017, 08:35:56 PM »

News moves so fast that most people will forget about this by November.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #436 on: August 12, 2017, 08:44:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Even Ted Cruz........
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #437 on: August 12, 2017, 08:50:46 PM »

Even Ted Cruz........

I'm a very big Cruz critic, but Cruz is a FF in this instance.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #438 on: August 12, 2017, 08:52:59 PM »

Even Ted Cruz........

Really ?
We are going to have Sessions look into terrorism from white nationalist, KKK members and Neo-Nazis ?
Something here "is rotten in the state of Denmark.”
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #439 on: August 12, 2017, 08:54:43 PM »

Wish Marco Rubio was president if it was destined we'd have a Republican in 2017
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #440 on: August 12, 2017, 08:59:01 PM »

Wish Marco Rubio was president if it was destined we'd have a Republican in 2017

I never regretted my support for him and still hope he will be president one day.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #441 on: August 12, 2017, 09:00:02 PM »

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #442 on: August 12, 2017, 09:09:54 PM »

Felt this way when I saw his message, in Spanish, to the people of Venezuela
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #443 on: August 12, 2017, 09:10:38 PM »

I never regretted my support for him and still hope he will be president one day.

Anyone but trump would have been acceptable.
Rubio, Kasich .... even Jeb.
trump is just cancer to America. There is nothing good for our nation, that will come from trump.
And there would be just a small fraction of the level of disgust that we have seen from the media, the left, Atlas, etc.
Yes ..... there would be many differences of opinion in policy, but not all the ridiculousness that is trump's middle name.
NeederNodder
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -7.28

« Reply #444 on: August 12, 2017, 09:13:52 PM »

The event had numerous College Republicans from UVA according to Twitter Users.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #445 on: August 12, 2017, 09:16:44 PM »

Does the UVA have the right to eject them for interacting with hate groups like the KKK, Neo-Nazis, etc ?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #446 on: August 12, 2017, 09:18:25 PM »

Does the UVA have the right to eject them for interacting with hate groups like the KKK, Neo-Nazis, etc ?

They should eject the KKK for interacting with College Republicans.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #447 on: August 12, 2017, 09:20:20 PM »

This is Trump's America... groups like these feel empowered by Trump's rhetoric. Don't believe it? David Duke said so himself today.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #448 on: August 12, 2017, 09:22:09 PM »

I just flipped over to Fox News to see how they're covering the story - turns out they're talking about electro-magnetic pulses over Guam after a North Korean nuke launch.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #449 on: August 12, 2017, 09:23:35 PM »

I am a former Wahoo.

If they got into a fight or anything on grounds this could violate standards of conduct. But I am not a 100% sure.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies