Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2017, 11:59:29 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: Generally Useless, Torie, Vice President PiT)
| | |-+  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 28 Print
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 12651 times)
Yank2133
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: August 12, 2017, 08:24:00 pm »
Ignore

So, I guess that, now that we're nearly 20 pages in, I can say that this event probably secured a D hold on Virginia's governorship this year?
Not at all. This was not a Republican-affiliated event, just some racist nut jobs.  The race is still in play even if Northam has the lead.

Wishful thinking.
No, it's not.  Neither Gillespie nor the Republican Party has ever aligned itself with such sick people.  Gillespie will not pander to these thugs.

Gillespie pandered to these type of people with his stance on the monuments. The moderate/business type Republican is pretty much dead in VA when it comes to Governor and Senate races.

They can only win in special circumstances (ex. McConnell in 2009).

I presume you're referring to Bob McDonnell.  

Yeah, I had a brain fart.

It has been a long day.
Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 12, 2017, 08:24:59 pm »
Ignore

So, I guess that, now that we're nearly 20 pages in, I can say that this event probably secured a D hold on Virginia's governorship this year?
Not at all. This was not a Republican-affiliated event, just some racist nut jobs.  The race is still in play even if Northam has the lead.

Wishful thinking.
No, it's not.  Neither Gillespie nor the Republican Party has ever aligned itself with such sick people.  Gillespie will not pander to these thugs.

It will be hard not to -Ed Gillespie nearly lost the gubernatorial nomination to Corey 'Neo-Confederate' Stewart.

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 12, 2017, 08:35:56 pm »
Ignore

News moves so fast that most people will forget about this by November.

Yank2133
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 12, 2017, 08:44:13 pm »
Ignore

BREAKING: @SenTedCruz calls for @TheJusticeDept to investigate the #Charlottesville rampage for domestic terrorism.

Even Ted Cruz........
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 12, 2017, 08:50:46 pm »
Ignore

BREAKING: @SenTedCruz calls for @TheJusticeDept to investigate the #Charlottesville rampage for domestic terrorism.

Even Ted Cruz........

I'm a very big Cruz critic, but Cruz is a FF in this instance.

"I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli." - George H. W. Bush

"A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, ‘You are mad; you are not like us.'" - Saint Anthony The Great

ProudModerate2
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 12, 2017, 08:52:59 pm »
Ignore

Even Ted Cruz........

Really ?
We are going to have Sessions look into terrorism from white nationalist, KKK members and Neo-Nazis ?
Something here "is rotten in the state of Denmark.”
STEVE BULLOCK FOR PRESIDENT
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 12, 2017, 08:54:43 pm »
Ignore

Wish Marco Rubio was president if it was destined we'd have a Republican in 2017

Governor-elect Ed Gillespie
TheSaint250
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 12, 2017, 08:59:01 pm »
Ignore

Wish Marco Rubio was president if it was destined we'd have a Republican in 2017

I never regretted my support for him and still hope he will be president one day.

Moderate Republican

I never said this is normal, and please save the stupid "you worship him" s***. I don't even support him anymore. I just think it's idiotic to complain and make a huge deal out of confusing two people.

Seriously, I have said a bunch of times that I don't support him and that I will vote for his primary challenger (if he doesn't get impeached first).
RFKFan68
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 12, 2017, 09:00:02 pm »
Ignore

KingSweden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 12, 2017, 09:09:54 pm »
Ignore

Felt this way when I saw his message, in Spanish, to the people of Venezuela

For England, James?

No. For me.
ProudModerate2
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 12, 2017, 09:10:38 pm »
Ignore

I never regretted my support for him and still hope he will be president one day.

Anyone but trump would have been acceptable.
Rubio, Kasich .... even Jeb.
trump is just cancer to America. There is nothing good for our nation, that will come from trump.
And there would be just a small fraction of the level of disgust that we have seen from the media, the left, Atlas, etc.
Yes ..... there would be many differences of opinion in policy, but not all the ridiculousness that is trump's middle name.
NeederNodder

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -7.28

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 12, 2017, 09:13:52 pm »
Ignore

Not at all. This was not a Republican-affiliated event, just some racist nut jobs.  The race is still in play even if Northam has the lead.

The event had numerous College Republicans from UVA according to Twitter Users.

ProudModerate2
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 12, 2017, 09:16:44 pm »
Ignore

Does the UVA have the right to eject them for interacting with hate groups like the KKK, Neo-Nazis, etc ?
😎 + 💊
Santander
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 12, 2017, 09:18:25 pm »
Ignore

Does the UVA have the right to eject them for interacting with hate groups like the KKK, Neo-Nazis, etc ?

They should eject the KKK for interacting with College Republicans.

hey guys, my name is santander and i seek validation on an obscure internet forum by deliberately posting contrarian and dumb things. please pay attention to me Sad
PittsburghSteel
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 12, 2017, 09:20:20 pm »
Ignore

This is Trump's America... groups like these feel empowered by Trump's rhetoric. Don't believe it? David Duke said so himself today.

2018 Endorsements-
Senate:
Sherrod Brown (D-PA)
Bob Casey (D-PA)
Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
Doug Jones (D-AL)
Tim Kaine (D-VA)
Jacky Rosen (D-NV)
Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ)
Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
Not Marsha Blackburn (D-TN)

House:
Mike Doyle (D-PA14)
Beth Tarasi (D-PA12)
Billy Kovacs (D-AZ02)

2020-
Kamala Harris (D-CA)

No to Motormouth Marsha!
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.19, S: -6.17

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 12, 2017, 09:22:09 pm »
Ignore

I just flipped over to Fox News to see how they're covering the story - turns out they're talking about electro-magnetic pulses over Guam after a North Korean nuke launch.

A notorious art thief and prolific womanizer

Yank2133
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 12, 2017, 09:23:35 pm »
Ignore

I am a former Wahoo.

If they got into a fight or anything on grounds this could violate standards of conduct. But I am not a 100% sure.
ProudModerate2
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 12, 2017, 09:24:42 pm »
Ignore

They should eject the KKK for interacting with College Republicans.

What ? !
The KKK cant force UVA's College Republicans to join with them in this rally of hatred.
That was a decision the College Republicans made for themselves.
Governor-elect Ed Gillespie
TheSaint250
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 12, 2017, 09:31:51 pm »
Ignore

I just flipped over to Fox News to see how they're covering the story - turns out they're talking about electro-magnetic pulses over Guam after a North Korean nuke launch.
In their defense, they covered it a lot today.  I think around 12:00 p.m. they had it live for awhile.

Moderate Republican

I never said this is normal, and please save the stupid "you worship him" s***. I don't even support him anymore. I just think it's idiotic to complain and make a huge deal out of confusing two people.

Seriously, I have said a bunch of times that I don't support him and that I will vote for his primary challenger (if he doesn't get impeached first).
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.19, S: -6.17

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 12, 2017, 10:11:12 pm »
Ignore

In their defense, they covered it a lot today.  I think around 12:00 p.m. they had it live for awhile.

I figured. I think MSNBC is doing a Maddow rerun now, so it's not just them.

A notorious art thief and prolific womanizer

3D X 31
tmcusa2
YaBB God
Sweden
View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 12, 2017, 10:22:41 pm »
Ignore

Can we now call the alt right "Radical Christian Terrorists"?
We've heard about "Radical Islamic Terrorists?"
We've heard about atheist Communists and the evil that they have done.

It seems that there are evil people in every "tribe".

I'd like to find a support group for internet addicts. The trouble is, they're all online.

"Spock you're the most cold-blooded man I've ever known."

"Why thank you Doctor"

help with posting:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=help;page=post#bbcref
HisGrace
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 12, 2017, 10:29:52 pm »
Ignore

I think a lot of the alt-right are non-religious or into weird Aryan cult stuff. Richard Spencer said Christians were "cucks" one time.

Economic score: +6.97
Social score: -6.26
Daniel909012
View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 12, 2017, 10:31:56 pm »
Ignore

Did the man cry out the name of Christ when he attacked? This was a hate attack, nothing related to Christianity
3D X 31
tmcusa2
YaBB God
Sweden
View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 12, 2017, 10:34:50 pm »
Ignore

If the KKK has nothing to do with Christianity, could you also say that ISIS has nothing to do with Islam? Could you say that NK has nothing to do with atheism? I think that you get my point.

I'd like to find a support group for internet addicts. The trouble is, they're all online.

"Spock you're the most cold-blooded man I've ever known."

"Why thank you Doctor"

help with posting:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=help;page=post#bbcref
HisGrace
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 12, 2017, 10:37:17 pm »
Ignore

If the KKK has nothing to do with Christianity, could you also say that ISIS has nothing to do with Islam? Could you say that NK has nothing to do with atheism? I think that you get my point.

The KKK are Christian terrorists, but Neo-Nazis generally aren't Christians and misc. alt righters religious views are varied.

Economic score: +6.97
Social score: -6.26
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout