Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:33:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 41313 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« on: August 12, 2017, 12:06:00 PM »

Home Depot gardnening center for all your White Supremacist needs

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Our 46th President is building up his twitter chops, I see.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 12:58:19 PM »

I just got a notification on my phone that there's been some kind of car atrack at the rally? Sorry for no more information.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 04:57:18 PM »

Using this list, and including today's incident here's my tally of terrorist incidents post-9/11 (rough count, not plugged into Excel or anything):

65 different attacks:
- 31 perpetrated by Islamic extremists
- 15 perpetrated by neo-Nazis, sovereign citizens, and assorted far-right terrorists
- 3 perpetrated by black nationalists, ecoterrorists, and assorted far-left terrorists
- 16 perpetrated by people with other or unknown motives

167 people killed (not including attackers)
- 95 were killed by Islamic extremists (over half of these in the Orlando shooting)
- 37 were killed by neo-Nazis, sovereign citizens, and assorted far-right terrorists
- 4 were killed by black nationalists, ecoterrorists, and assorted far-left terrorists
- 31 were killed by people with other or unknown motives
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 09:22:09 PM »

I just flipped over to Fox News to see how they're covering the story - turns out they're talking about electro-magnetic pulses over Guam after a North Korean nuke launch.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 10:11:12 PM »

I just flipped over to Fox News to see how they're covering the story - turns out they're talking about electro-magnetic pulses over Guam after a North Korean nuke launch.
In their defense, they covered it a lot today.  I think around 12:00 p.m. they had it live for awhile.

I figured. I think MSNBC is doing a Maddow rerun now, so it's not just them.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 10:44:18 PM »

If the KKK has nothing to do with Christianity, could you also say that ISIS has nothing to do with Islam? Could you say that NK has nothing to do with atheism? I think that you get my point.

The klan does not base its hatred on Christianity, isis if it does in Islam.

Yeah, the phrase "cross burning" has absolutely no groups or ideologies associated with it whatsoever. /s
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 01:55:50 PM »

A short, rather strange interview with a woman who identified herself as the mother of the attacker. Apparently, she hadn't heard of the attack until the interviewers told her about it:

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2017/08/13/charlottesville-car-attack-suspects-mother-speaks/104541396/
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 03:01:24 PM »

Per CNN :
Nancy Pelosi calls on Trump to fire Steve Bannon.

In the wake of the Charlottesville violence, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called on Trump to fire his chief strategist Steve Bannon, calling him "an alt-right white supremacist sympathizer."

"If the President is sincere about rejecting white supremacists, he should remove all doubt by firing Steve Bannon and the other alt-right white supremacist sympathizers in the White House," she said in a statement.

If he was thinking of firing him, he probably won't now.  He's not giving Pelosi any credit for his ouster.  When will she just go away.

I think that's kind of her calculus. She knows Trump has no room to maneuver on issues of race when Bannon is in his White House, just as he has no room on Russian issues. If Bannon stays, she can pin any piece of voting restriction legislation, immigration standards, or really anything pertaining to race as being the brainchild of Bannon. If Trump does fire Bannon, she can take credit and make it look like she's the Chad to Trump's virgin.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 11:34:10 AM »

As Trump defends Confederate statues, a reminder that one of his golf courses has a plaque commemorating a completely made up Civil War battle: https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/25/us/politics/in-renovation-of-golf-club-donald-trump-also-dressed-up-history.html

FAKE HISTORY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjfYTWJof5M
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies