Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:07:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 41271 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 12, 2017, 06:12:55 PM »
« edited: August 12, 2017, 06:22:28 PM by Frodo »

The next time Democrats regain the trifecta, they should go on an all-out assault on the white nationalist movement and their enablers, violent and non-violent alike.  

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 06:47:24 PM »

It looks like Trump is going to have to do more saber rattling at North Korea & Co. if he's hoping to bring his poll numbers back up after this.....  Tongue
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 06:49:33 PM »

It looks like Trump is going to have to do more saber rattling at North Korea & Co. if he's hoping to bring his poll numbers back up after this.....  Tongue

This will have approximately 0 effect on National polling.  I hadnt even heard of it til i got on here.

Give it time to sink in....  
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 08:21:41 PM »

So, I guess that, now that we're nearly 20 pages in, I can say that this event probably secured a D hold on Virginia's governorship this year?
Not at all. This was not a Republican-affiliated event, just some racist nut jobs.  The race is still in play even if Northam has the lead.

Wishful thinking.
No, it's not.  Neither Gillespie nor the Republican Party has ever aligned itself with such sick people.  Gillespie will not pander to these thugs.

Gillespie pandered to these type of people with his stance on the monuments. The moderate/business type Republican is pretty much dead in VA when it comes to Governor and Senate races.

They can only win in special circumstances (ex. McConnell in 2009).

I presume you're referring to Bob McDonnell.  
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 08:24:59 PM »

So, I guess that, now that we're nearly 20 pages in, I can say that this event probably secured a D hold on Virginia's governorship this year?
Not at all. This was not a Republican-affiliated event, just some racist nut jobs.  The race is still in play even if Northam has the lead.

Wishful thinking.
No, it's not.  Neither Gillespie nor the Republican Party has ever aligned itself with such sick people.  Gillespie will not pander to these thugs.

It will be hard not to -Ed Gillespie nearly lost the gubernatorial nomination to Corey 'Neo-Confederate' Stewart.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 02:05:53 AM »

I know bumping ancient threads is frowned upon, but in this case I think it's justified:

Charlottesville to take down Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson statues Saturday

A statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee stands in Market Street Park in Charlottesville, Va. (Wikipedia Commons)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies