Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:14:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 41279 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« on: August 12, 2017, 06:31:32 AM »
« edited: August 12, 2017, 06:35:39 AM by The Saint »

Disgusting people.

Also, why do we report whenever they march? Isn't that just giving them more of a platform?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 11:45:37 AM »

I guess this thread has devolved into elementary school name calling and attacks.... How sad.

Anyway....

Why is the media even reporting this? All this is doing is giving them media attention which is what they want.
This. That's what I said before. I guess now it's bigger news since the state is in a state of emergency, but before it happened, it was stupid to report it. And people didn't really report them before these past two years.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 01:33:04 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2017, 01:35:25 PM by The Saint »

I guess this thread has devolved into elementary school name calling and attacks.... How sad.

Anyway....

Why is the media even reporting this? All this is doing is giving them media attention which is what they want.
This. That's what I said before. I guess now it's bigger news since the state is in a state of emergency, but before it happened, it was stupid to report it. And people didn't really report them before these past two years.

Because BLM protests were given wall-to-wall coverage and associated with the Democratic Party. Why not return the favor and give the douchebags wall to wall coverage and associate the movement with the Republican Party?
Because the party isn't defending these idiots?

The party, from Trump to the House Republicans to the Senate Republicans, are condemning the hate and bigotry of the white supremacists.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 01:36:52 PM »

Anyway....

Because BLM protests were given wall-to-wall coverage and associated with the Democratic Party. Why not return the favor and give the douchebags wall to wall coverage and associate the movement with the Republican Party?

They'll gladly take their votes though and only give a limp-dick response to it. Notice how Trump's tweet came hours after everyone else's and didn't even address the alt-righters, but rather just "everyone"
He condemned it. But that's never enough. The house condemned too, but that's probably never enough.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 01:44:52 PM »

Here's a pic of Richard Spencer being maced and arrested

Didn't even know he was here, but this is obviously good news! If only we could arrest more violent far-right and far-left citizens
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 01:46:41 PM »

It doesn't matter who drove the car. That person should be arrested and tried.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 01:47:33 PM »

Anyway....

They'll gladly take their votes though and only give a limp-dick response to it. Notice how Trump's tweet came hours after everyone else's and didn't even address the alt-righters, but rather just "everyone"

Yup.

They want it both ways.

No they don't. Those racist a**holes should walk themselves the f*** out of politics.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 01:51:34 PM »

It doesn't matter who drove the car. That person should be arrested and tried.

Obviously, but your party will never shut it up about it if it was a liberal driving. Alt-righters would bring it up for decades as their final "proof" of how violent and untrustworthy the Left/minorities are. I mean, just look at how often they still blather about how the Left wants to burn them all to death after that one dubious incident in NC.
Every party has violent supporters and "my party" has already condemned this multiple times
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 01:55:46 PM »

Anyway....

Yup.

They want it both ways.

No they don't. Those racist a**holes should walk themselves the f*** out of politics.

lol....keep believing that.

They want their votes which is why elected R's have been so vague in their statements.
Roll Eyes
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 04:59:22 PM »

Using this list, and including today's incident here's my tally of terrorist incidents post-9/11 (rough count, not plugged into Excel or anything):

65 different attacks:
- 31 perpetrated by Islamic extremists
- 15 perpetrated by neo-Nazis, sovereign citizens, and assorted far-right terrorists
- 3 perpetrated by black nationalists, ecoterrorists, and assorted far-left terrorists
- 16 perpetrated by people with other or unknown motives

167 people killed (not including attackers)
- 95 were killed by Islamic extremists (over half of these in the Orlando shooting)
- 37 were killed by neo-Nazis, sovereign citizens, and assorted far-right terrorists
- 4 were killed by black nationalists, ecoterrorists, and assorted far-left terrorists
- 31 were killed by people with other or unknown motives
Precisely. If killing the families of ISIS members is okay, then killing the families of right-wing terrorists is okay too.
None of it is.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 05:50:42 PM »

This has to do with the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue and a bunch of racists who thought they would use it as an opportunity. This doesn't have to do with trump.

If left-wing protestors would shoot police, I wouldn't come into the thread and say "Welcome to Obama's America." That's just ridiculous.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 05:54:27 PM »

This has to do with the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue and a bunch of racists who thought they would use it as an opportunity. This doesn't have to do with trump.

If left-wing protestors would shoot police, I wouldn't come into the thread and say "Welcome to Obama's America." That's just ridiculous.
But why do these people insist Trump is on their side? You'd never hear Antifa say "Obama supports us"
Why should we immediately believe people who are not in their right minds?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 05:56:56 PM »

David Duke sent out a tweet basically reminding Trump of who put him in office and Trump has giving racists seats at the table.
David Duke and his statement are ridiculous, stupid, and deserve to be taken with no seriousness.

Also, if you are referring to Bannon, he (wrongfully) has a seat, but he has no real control over anything in the admin (thankfully)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 05:57:46 PM »

But why do these people insist Trump is on their side? You'd never hear Antifa say "Obama supports us"
Why should we immediately believe people who are not in their right minds?
Richard Spencer, as racist and evil as he is, would not qualify as mentally unstable
I meant backwards in their beliefs. It takes a sick kind of person to promote such racial superiority.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 06:00:55 PM »

Funny you talk about that, because right wingers on Reddit making threats to the Charlottesville PD and laughing about the two killed in the chopper crash right now.
O...ok? That has nothing to do with my post. There are alt-righters on Reddit. That's pretty obvious. And they are malicious people.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 06:10:00 PM »

David Duke and his statement are ridiculous, stupid, and deserve to be taken with no seriousness.

Also, if you are referring to Bannon, he (wrongfully) has a seat, but he has no real control over anything in the admin (thankfully)
Considering that Duke has never much aligned with any Republican elected official like he has with Trump, it is quite telling. It doesn't matter how much control Bannon has, a seat at the table means something to the fringe in the proverbial sense.
Many people misinterpreted Trump on both sides. Just like always. And Duke will do anything for attention

In regards to Bannon, you are somewhat right about that. I doubt Trump had much, if any, choice in choosing Bannon (since these last 7 months have shown that he does nothing and just delegates power like a figurehead), which is unfortunate because he should drop him (and hopefully Kelly pushes him out)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 06:16:55 PM »

Okay Saint, just check out this article by 538, and realize that the subreddit r/the_Donald is just a few degrees of separation from other subreddits named r/fatpeoplehate, r/coontown, and r/kiketown. The self-denial is out of control dude.
I'm talking about connections, direct, to trump, not some stupid reddit page.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 06:49:31 PM »

I wish there were an amendment that allowed Congress to ban open participation in any sort of left or right-wing radical group that incites and/or practices violence.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 06:59:59 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2017, 07:02:18 PM by The Saint »

Okay Saint, just check out this article by 538, and realize that the subreddit r/the_Donald is just a few degrees of separation from other subreddits named r/fatpeoplehate, r/coontown, and r/kiketown. The self-denial is out of control dude.
I'm talking about connections, direct, to trump, not some stupid reddit page.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/4uxdbn/im_donald_j_trump_and_im_your_next_president_of/

🤔🤔🤔
And is trump endorsing these racists? No. Is he praising them? No.

And it's very stupid to connect a president to internet comments.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 08:12:14 PM »

So, I guess that, now that we're nearly 20 pages in, I can say that this event probably secured a D hold on Virginia's governorship this year?
Not at all. This was not a Republican-affiliated event, just some racist nut jobs.  The race is still in play even if Northam has the lead.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 08:15:02 PM »

So, I guess that, now that we're nearly 20 pages in, I can say that this event probably secured a D hold on Virginia's governorship this year?
Not at all. This was not a Republican-affiliated event, just some racist nut jobs.  The race is still in play even if Northam has the lead.

Wishful thinking.
No, it's not.  Neither Gillespie nor the Republican Party has ever aligned itself with such sick people.  Gillespie will not pander to these thugs.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 08:59:01 PM »

Wish Marco Rubio was president if it was destined we'd have a Republican in 2017

I never regretted my support for him and still hope he will be president one day.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 09:31:51 PM »

I just flipped over to Fox News to see how they're covering the story - turns out they're talking about electro-magnetic pulses over Guam after a North Korean nuke launch.
In their defense, they covered it a lot today.  I think around 12:00 p.m. they had it live for awhile.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies