Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:57:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 41269 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« on: August 12, 2017, 12:22:31 PM »

Lots of mediocre white guys in town today......
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 01:46:15 PM »

I guess this thread has devolved into elementary school name calling and attacks.... How sad.

Anyway....

Why is the media even reporting this? All this is doing is giving them media attention which is what they want.
This. That's what I said before. I guess now it's bigger news since the state is in a state of emergency, but before it happened, it was stupid to report it. And people didn't really report them before these past two years.

Because BLM protests were given wall-to-wall coverage and associated with the Democratic Party. Why not return the favor and give the douchebags wall to wall coverage and associate the movement with the Republican Party?
Because the party isn't defending these idiots?

They'll gladly take their votes though and only give a limp-dick response to it. Notice how Trump's tweet came hours after everyone else's and didn't even address the alt-righters, but rather just "everyone"

Yup.

They want it both ways.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 01:53:59 PM »

I guess this thread has devolved into elementary school name calling and attacks.... How sad.

Anyway....

Why is the media even reporting this? All this is doing is giving them media attention which is what they want.
This. That's what I said before. I guess now it's bigger news since the state is in a state of emergency, but before it happened, it was stupid to report it. And people didn't really report them before these past two years.

Because BLM protests were given wall-to-wall coverage and associated with the Democratic Party. Why not return the favor and give the douchebags wall to wall coverage and associate the movement with the Republican Party?

They'll gladly take their votes though and only give a limp-dick response to it. Notice how Trump's tweet came hours after everyone else's and didn't even address the alt-righters, but rather just "everyone"

Yup.

They want it both ways.

No they don't. Those racist a**holes should walk themselves the f*** out of politics.

lol....keep believing that.

They want their votes which is why elected R's have been so vague in their statements.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 01:58:02 PM »

Anyway....

Yup.

They want it both ways.

No they don't. Those racist a**holes should walk themselves the f*** out of politics.

lol....keep believing that.

They want their votes which is why elected R's have been so vague in their statements.
Roll Eyes

It is the truth, but continue to stay in denial about it.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 02:36:50 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2017, 02:38:37 PM by Yank2133 »

Trump is worthless.

"Hate from all sides".
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 02:40:04 PM »

Trump worthless.

"Hate from all sides".

Of course he's not going to condemn the people who made him the Republican nominee and then put him in the White House.

Oh, I didn't expect him to.

He is a coward after all.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 02:48:04 PM »

Trump owns these people.  They are his base.  Of course he is never going to outright disown them.

This isn't all on Trump. The entire Republican party own these people.

They have been coddling these assholes for 40+ years now.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 03:08:29 PM »

Yeah, today was the ultimate low point in Donald Trump's presidency.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 03:11:58 PM »

Yeah, today was the ultimate low point in Donald Trump's presidency.

It's a low point in US history to be honest.

Not sure.

This country has had some really low points.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 03:20:28 PM »

Everything bad is Trump's fault and every speech by Trump is the worst one ever. Like any other day on Atlas. Reminds me why I seldom post here anymore.

STFU.

This speech was god awful and you know it.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 03:42:52 PM »

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/896468842645516288

And as usually the WH double downs.

**** these people. I would pay good money to go to their funerals.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 03:54:20 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is from Cory Gardner, who has no balls and even he has enough sense to call it what it is.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 04:16:39 PM »

And people wonder why I'm a centrist; the far-left communists and far-right fascists are pure garbage. Both of you are at fault.

People like you are part of the problem.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 04:23:45 PM »

The worst part of Trump's speech, to me, was that he somehow managed to brag about low unemployment and foreign investment in what was supposed to be a statement about a conflict that culminated in a terrorist act. Everything is about him.

I totally agree.

He is a narcissist.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 04:40:11 PM »

Trump may as well say he supports the neo-Nazi thugs.
He condemned them, but don't let facts get in the way of your strongly held opinion...

Lmao!
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 04:44:22 PM »

Do you guys fail to realize I'm more against the white supremacists than the others? I'm being chastised by a sea of S-?? for not taking a side.

This isn't hard.

One side was protesting, the other ran them over.

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 04:45:55 PM »

Without the counter-protest nothing would have happened

lol.

So racist are the only ones allowed to peacefully protest?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 04:47:47 PM »

If leftists were 1/20th as violent as right wing media makes them out to be, this rally would've been been over by sunrise.

Seriously.

These assholes would be six feet under if lefties were as crazy as the right says they are.

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 04:49:47 PM »

Without the counter-protest nothing would have happened

lol.

So racist are the only ones allowed to peacefully protest?

When it is in the same place, it is called provocation

Ah, the old "she was asking for it" excuse.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 05:34:30 PM »

It is funny how so many of us were wrong about T-mac.

Best governor this state has had in decades.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 07:24:30 PM »

Let me try to add original commentary.

Essentially Trump failed today.

His “many sides” quote was a dog whistle to the alt right and white nationalists. They knew he had to condemn them; they also wanted him to condemn their enemies. So Trump delivered. Note he hasn't commented on the car attack yet. That's deliberate. A fifth of his vote or more came from people who voted on a cultural / racial basis. He's beholden to them because the rest of the country dislikes him. There's a reason Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) called him out on it in Twitter. Notice Rubio, Portman, and others specifically used the terms “white nationalism” or a variation on this.

Doubt these people were Trump voters? Look up “blood and soil“ and ask who they voted for. Look up the pictures of those with MAGA hats and who cheered on Trump. There's a wealth of data for anyone willing to look at it. No the DSA is nowhere as powerful, lol. The Left has been underpowered here but we're not playing that game. This rally wasn't about reparations, wasn't about any of that. It was a white power rally that was intended to signal as such. That's very specifically what the President didn't want to single out and talk about.

In realignment terms however this isn't a good day for the GOP. They needed to denounce this in a much stronger voice and be a lot less unequivocal about who was to blame. They probably pushed some minorities and white voters further away from the GOP and toward the Democratic Party. As I've long noted 90% of the voting Republican coalition is white while 55% of the Democratic coalition is. The GOP's long reliance on the Southern Strategy is coming home to roost. (And has in a way since 2000)
This.

The President has failed to act take a strong moral stand on this matter as would be expected from a leader. He demonstrates no reason for confidence that he will be able to act as a competent leader to look to during a crisis.

Yup.

This was Trump's first real crisis that he didn't create and he failed miserably.

Honestly, this could be a waterloo moment for him. His statement was beyond weak and is at odds with what many in his party are saying. This isn't like the Russia/Putin stuff where you can play it off as partisan politics. This was a clear black/white situation and a normal/competent president would condemn these people swiftly and harshly and he chose not too.

No presidential leadership at all and people are going to remember.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 07:32:02 PM »

Second degree murder.

Son of bitch got off the hook. This is VA, we give people the chair!
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 07:37:21 PM »

Second degree murder.

Son of bitch got off the hook. This is VA, we give people the chair!
He ought to face terror charges. So should've Dylan Roof.

Agreed.

This was clearly domestic terrorism.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 08:06:38 PM »

So, I guess that, now that we're nearly 20 pages in, I can say that this event probably secured a D hold on Virginia's governorship this year?

Northam was likely going to win regardless. But this moves his chances from 80% to 90%. The real question is how Gillespie handles this. He needs the type of voters who support the alt-right to come out in November. But by doing so he alienates the college towns and NOVA.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 08:13:21 PM »

So, I guess that, now that we're nearly 20 pages in, I can say that this event probably secured a D hold on Virginia's governorship this year?
Not at all. This was not a Republican-affiliated event, just some racist nut jobs.  The race is still in play even if Northam has the lead.

Wishful thinking.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies