Re-elect fhtagn for The People's House!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:32:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re-elect fhtagn for The People's House!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Re-elect fhtagn for The People's House!  (Read 432 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 14, 2017, 09:06:10 AM »

fhtagn addresses supporters in Baltimore, MD

I'm here today to announce the start of my re-election campaign, and what could be a more beautiful and exciting city to start it in than the city of Baltimore! I remember my fondest memories taking place in this city, with trips to the aquarium, watching the Orioles play, and eating so many of the best crab cakes the state of Maryland has to offer!

Since you all have supported my election to the Atlasia House of Representatives, we have done so many wonderful things together. I've held my promises to you in supporting legislation that promotes clean energy and the well-being of our environment by taking sponsorship of the Renewable Energy Rebate and Subsidy Act, and writing the amendment and largest portion of the Preservation of Our Future Act. I've supported legislation that assists in the health and well-being of ALL citizens of Atlasia by co-sponsoring The Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act of 2017. I've taken an interest in protecting our foreign relations with the Avoidance of Conflicts of Interest Act and voting in favor of the Joint Resolution of Formal Apology for Atlasia's Involvement in Military Coups. This is only a short list of all the things we have accomplished, and with your support, things we can continue to accomplish.

This weekend, I hope you will consider our successes together, and that I can count on your support for another term as your Representative. I want to thank you all for your time today, and to thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve you. It has truly been an honor!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 01:41:39 PM »

Endorsed.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 10:57:42 PM »

Super-endorsed!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 09:31:39 AM »

Thanks!

Super-thanks!

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 04:56:29 PM »

Absolutely endorsed.

Fhtagn has been one of the best Representatives this session.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 05:16:14 PM »

Endorsed! Keep up the great work!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 06:10:21 PM »

Absolutely endorsed.

Fhtagn has been one of the best Representatives this session.

Thank you! Much appreciated! It's been a pleasure having worked with you and I hope to have the opportunity to continue doing so Smiley

Thank you!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 09:24:29 PM »

fhtagn addresses supporters in Minneapolis, MN

Good evening, everyone!

I want to thank you all for your time in coming here tonight, and to thank those who have come out in support of my campaign so far.

At my last event in Baltimore, I talked about the things we have gotten done in the House this session. This time, I want to talk about what you can expect if I am given the chance to represent you again. As many of you know from my time in the South, and from my previous campaign and activity in the House, clean energy and the environment has always been my top priority, and will continue to be the case. I firmly agree with the statement that climate change is one of the most serious threats facing our nation and our planet today. We must do what we can at all levels of government to prevent more harm to the environment. We only have one planet, and we all have to live on it. It is our duty to take care of it.

Much like the speech many of you may have tuned into earlier tonight from Speaker North Carolina Yankee, another big issues we are focusing on in the House is healthcare. The present healthcare bill we are discussing empowers the regions, boosts quality of care, aids in reducing overall costs, and provides more access to care for the people who need it most, regardless of their income. As a co-sponsor of the current bill, my goal is to ensure that everyone has access to affordable healthcare, and be given the choice as to how they obtain it, who they obtain it through, as well as be given options to determine what best suits their needs. I have been working closely with North Carolina Yankee and and JGibson to ensure that this bill passes in the House, and have been discussing the importance of this bill with Senator/PPT Scott.

As I also mentioned in my last speech, I've recently taken an interest in our foreign policy relations. One of the bills I have recently drafted and is currently on the floor is the Avoidance of Conflicts of Interest Act. My goal with this bill is to ensure that we strengthen our relationships with our allies by ensuring that our government doesn't display any sort of bias against those who we maintain close ties with. I pledge as your Representative to continue supporting such legislation, and will remain open to feedback and ideas from the people for other ways that we can improve our relations with other countries and maintain peace as much as possible.

And lastly, an issue you can expect more activity from me on is in the interests of our people themselves. As the chair of the Federalist Main Street Partnership, one of the biggest focuses we emphasize is putting Main Street first. To quote North Carolina Yankee "putting the people on main street first, means good jobs, good roads, good healthcare and a foreign policy that keeps our people safe, while only engaging in conflict as an option of absolute last resort. It means helping both small business and entrepreneurs, as well as ensuring that workers who work hard, have a chance at getting ahead and earning a decent living." Much like our Speaker, I firmly hold the best interests of the people deep in my heart. Every vote I place, and every bill and amendment I draft, I promise to you that I will continue asking myself who I am helping, and how it will help.

This weekend, I hope that I will have won your trust to continue the amazing work we have been doing, and be given the chance to build on it. We've done great things together so far, and we shouldn't let it stop now.

Thank you all for your time, and have a wonderful night!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 01:22:46 PM »

Endorsed
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 01:30:22 PM »

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 11:00:21 PM »

Endorsed for mid-tier preference.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 09:31:00 AM »

I want to thank everyone who came out and supported my re-election this weekend! While I am saddened to see that my party not maintain our majority, I look forward to having the opportunity to continue the amazing work we've done with North Carolina Yankee, Haslam2020, Peebs, JGibson, and Illiniwek. I also look forward to having the opportunity to work with RFayette, VPH, and LLR!

I look forward to continuing to serve you all well!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies