Will North Korea order a strike on Guam?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:50:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will North Korea order a strike on Guam?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Will North Korea order a strike on Guam?  (Read 561 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 13, 2017, 01:28:42 AM »

More then likely a bluff....i hope.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 01:32:54 AM »

Nah, they're just madman-theory-ing this.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 01:58:18 AM »

They'll probably make the smallest of gestures, such as a missile launch in the general direction of Guam that stops far short, and declare it a victory at home. The question then becomes whether Trump will accept this as a victory, or think it makes him look weak.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 02:07:36 AM »

Of course they're trolling.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 02:15:53 AM »

I don't think Kim Jong-un is so delusional he would do anything to start a war. He would be taken out if he does. I think he wants his regime to survive.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 11:02:06 AM »

No.
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 11:08:23 AM »

No, they are not suicidal. And even if they were insane and actually wanted to launch a preemptive strike they would strike somewhere far more damaging to the US than Guam.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 12:10:06 PM »

I'm surprised you didn't find a way to turn this into a rant about the evil Democratic establishment.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 12:35:06 PM »

North Korea twice issued an extremely specific threat to fire missiles into the water near Guam, unlike their usual propaganda. There is no reason why they wouldn't do it, since their fire missiles into the waters near Japan all he time.

Only this is being reported as a strike "on" Guam which is misleading a lot of people into thinking it's just another bluff. My fear is that if they actually do it (hit the waters), people will start to think they don't bluff and all of a sudden we have to start taking their other threats seriously, when nothing could be further from the truth.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 12:43:05 PM »

Depends if Kimmy's feeling suicidal or not. If he does, no way KJ lives another 72 hours
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 01:37:25 PM »

Depends if Kimmy's feeling suicidal or not. If he does, no way KJ lives another 72 hours

I don't think he knows this.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 02:05:00 PM »

No doubt he's paranoid constantly about any assassination attempts since he likely knows most of his people hate him. He's exactly like Stalin. Evil God-King of his country but lives in constant fear of rebellion. No doubt it's messing  with his sanity so I wouldn't put it above him to want to go out in a blaze of glory in a massive war than be killed by insurrection or revolution
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 02:12:05 PM »

No doubt he's paranoid constantly about any assassination attempts since he likely knows most of his people hate him. He's exactly like Stalin. Evil God-King of his country but lives in constant fear of rebellion. No doubt it's messing  with his sanity so I wouldn't put it above him to want to go out in a blaze of glory in a massive war than be killed by insurrection or revolution

His nuclear program is actually probably pretty popular in North Korea. And not all of that is due to propaganda, either.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 02:30:01 PM »

His nuclear program is actually probably pretty popular in North Korea. And not all of that is due to propaganda, either.

Just like with Iran, there is a deep and historically recent wound to the psyche of North Korea, inflicted by the United States. In both nations, deplorable forces use our own past attacks on them and continued hostility to help keep themselves in power. That so many of my fellow Americans can't see this, and instead want more of what led to the failed present is crazy-making.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2017, 02:49:51 PM »

Just like with Iran, there is a deep and historically recent wound to the psyche of North Korea, inflicted by the United States. In both nations, deplorable forces use our own past attacks on them and continued hostility to help keep themselves in power. That so many of my fellow Americans can't see this, and instead want more of what led to the failed present is crazy-making.

Iran is entirely different. The government is crazy but the people are actually very normal when you get them away from the regime or even in Iran the younger generation is not much different than Americans. North Korea on the other hand is a relic of Stalin's USSR that hasn't changed much since the 1940s where they have had decades to brainwash much of the population and keep the rest in a constant state of fear
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 02:55:30 PM »

Iran is entirely different. The government is crazy but the people are actually very normal when you get them away from the regime or even in Iran the younger generation is not much different than Americans. North Korea on the other hand is a relic of Stalin's USSR that hasn't changed much since the 1940s where they have had decades to brainwash much of the population and keep the rest in a constant state of fear

North Korea has actually changed a lot in the last 15 years
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/26/asia/north-korea-will-ripley/index.html
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies