Texas: CD35, CD27 found unconstitutional; "intentional racial discrimination" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:30:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Texas: CD35, CD27 found unconstitutional; "intentional racial discrimination" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas: CD35, CD27 found unconstitutional; "intentional racial discrimination"  (Read 4732 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« on: August 15, 2017, 05:51:20 PM »

Great news!

I am going to draw a new map to fortify TX-07 and TX-32 while also preserving the GOP districts.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 07:34:33 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2017, 07:50:07 PM by krazen1211 »

Great news!

I am going to draw a new map to fortify TX-07 and TX-32 while also preserving the GOP districts.

The courts strike down districts in Corpus Christi and Austin....and Krazen thinks that means redrawing districts in Houston and Dallas....

One man one vote is the rule of the land, pal. Pushing one district into Austin pushes the other districts out.

New TX-07....6 points to the right!

New TX-32....4 points to the right!

New TX-35 and TX-27.

krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 05:09:08 PM »

TX-23 getting a pass isn't much of a loss considering it's already winnable for Dems anyway.

TX-35 is probably the big game changer in this since Travis county is split between so many districts.   

Not really many. Travis County is only split among 5 districts. The Dem party split Will County IL among 6 districts.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 03:44:41 PM »

The portion of Travis in TX-35 is mostly Hispanics.

Link

Link

Should be very easy to crack. Only 58k votes.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 06:28:29 PM »

The portion of Travis in TX-35 is mostly Hispanics.

Interesting. It seems dumping those voters into Farenthold's Anglo district just as it sheds Hispanic voters in Nueces would make this map DOA when it hits the courts.

Exactly, what good does it do to move hispanics out of one part of the district just to add them to another part up north?   That's completely ridiculous.

Also,  I just put together the TX-27 district that Jimrtex described and I only achived about 48% hispanic,  so I'm wondering where exactly the 7th hispanic majority district will be.

The opinion clearly differentiated between Travis County hispanics vs others outside Travis County.

But of course your issue is with pure numbers. 220k Travis County (mostly) hispanics must be combined with 500k others to form a district. Your preference is that they be combined with a 500k Travis County white dominated population and thus be at the mercy of the white voters of Travis County.

In any case, a mere 58k votes can be added to any surrounding district or split among them, while TX-27 adds different areas of Travis County if that is your preference.

It matters not of course. The clock is almost out on the decade.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 06:38:51 PM »

The option that makes the most sense to me for TX-35 is to have TX-35 moved entirely within Bexar and then move TX-21 out of Bexar and move it into Travis as much as possible.   

I would think the Legislature is going to do something along those lines.

Lamar Smith is a committee chairman.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 07:36:43 PM »

Pwned. 5-4!

Losers of elections are going to have a tough time stealing the districts.

Link

BREAKING: #SCOTUS stays Texas redistricting case order, pending appeal to and disposition in the Supreme Court.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 07:39:17 PM »

Pwned. 5-4!

Link

BREAKING: #SCOTUS stays Texas redistricting case order, pending appeal to and disposition in the Supreme Court.
illegal maps.

Hahahaha, lol. Says who?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 12:20:43 PM »

Pwned. 5-4!

Link

They just stayed the decision until a final ruling is made,  it doesn't affect much, except that the district won't go into effect right away.

5 votes indicated that Texas is likely to win on the merits.

I tried to tell folks that there would be no redistricting and that thievery would fail.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 06:23:04 PM »

If the Texas GOP does need to conduct some mid-decade redistricting then it will be a hell of a lot easier now with Poe, Johnson, Smith and Farenthold retiring.

And Jeb Hensarling. The GOP can easily fortify the districts. In addition, the Democratic party created a grossly unnecessary 29th district in Harris County after the 1990 census. Gene Green is also retiring.

I have posted maps to bust Gene Green and shift that district to the GOP.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 06:18:05 PM »

If the Texas GOP does need to conduct some mid-decade redistricting then it will be a hell of a lot easier now with Poe, Johnson, Smith and Farenthold retiring.

And Jeb Hensarling. The GOP can easily fortify the districts. In addition, the Democratic party created a grossly unnecessary 29th district in Harris County after the 1990 census. Gene Green is also retiring.

I have posted maps to bust Gene Green and shift that district to the GOP.

The 29th is a Hispanic VRA district. You can't "bust" it.

Of course we can. The 5th circuit is being reinforced with fresh blood, and Neil Gorsuch stands ready to throw the nonsense Voting Rights Act into the garbage.

2 quarantines is more than sufficient for Harris County.

There is a surplus of GOP votes in TX-08 and TX-36 to transfer to the new district.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 06:19:09 PM »

Ultimate case of "Justice delayed is justice denied." Fixing districts drawn in 2011 in 2018 when they're due to be redrawn in 2021 is absurd.

Wrong. They already fixed the districts in 2013. Some folks didn't get the idea that they had to actually win the occasional election and decided to keep complaining.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 03:44:05 PM »

Pwned. 5-4!

Link

They just stayed the decision until a final ruling is made,  it doesn't affect much, except that the district won't go into effect right away.

5 votes indicated that Texas is likely to win on the merits.

I tried to tell folks that there would be no redistricting and that thievery would fail.

The Supreme Court agrees to hear Texas redistricting!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies