Abortion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:57:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Abortion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28
Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 60171 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: March 21, 2004, 04:46:32 PM »

Wink we aren't THAT immature over here, I was actually probably the youngest there along with a friend who was mainly there to meet girls, you know it surprising how many girls have boyfriends who are kickboxing world champions or like 6ft4 15 stone guys and stuff like that lol.

You noticed that to.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #476 on: March 21, 2004, 04:48:53 PM »

well, more him lol, i just read all the messages, at one point the messengers (also students) got really annoyed with my delegation because we were playing hangman and noughts and crosses with like 10 other people across the room from us and they had to deliver the messages, they eventually realised what was going on and whenever we gave them a message to sent they checked it wasn't stuff like that.

I took most of it seriously though there were a few bits where I got a bit bored - short attention span, hadn't had my shreddies Wink
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #477 on: March 21, 2004, 04:54:25 PM »

well, more him lol, i just read all the messages, at one point the messengers (also students) got really annoyed with my delegation because we were playing hangman and noughts and crosses with like 10 other people across the room from us and they had to deliver the messages, they eventually realised what was going on and whenever we gave them a message to sent they checked it wasn't stuff like that.

I took most of it seriously though there were a few bits where I got a bit bored - short attention span, hadn't had my shreddies Wink

Understandable.  I was Vice-Chairman of a committee last year and there were points where I was day-dreaming too.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #478 on: March 21, 2004, 04:57:04 PM »

heh, are they always from the same party?Huh? that is the ones who win

Yes, they're all from the SAP, which has ruled Sweden for 63 out of the last 72 years. They have 3 consecutive election victories behind them now...they almost never lose.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #479 on: March 21, 2004, 04:57:45 PM »

heh, by the way, you didn't answer my question before soulty, just tell me if you don't wish to answer it because it is a bit personal.

Do you find it harder to communicate easily with the average person because it has been theorised that people with very high iqs find it difficult to communicate with the average person. Being a debater with a rather high iq (around 135ish I think) I can say that I occassionally have trouble communicating with others and for the first 4 years at my school was incredibly shy, not so any more, gained confidence Cheesy.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #480 on: March 21, 2004, 04:58:32 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2004, 04:58:53 PM by JohnFKennedy »

Yes, they're all from the SAP, which has ruled Sweden for 63 out of the last 72 years. They have 3 consecutive election victories behind them now...they almost never lose.

ouch man, that kinda sucks, maybe you should switch parties Wink or become more famous by being one of the few NOT from the SAP. Your slogan could be "The SAP is for saps."
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #481 on: March 21, 2004, 05:02:18 PM »

We did a UN thing in my school as well, but that was much more small time, a few senior students had it as their project assignement to arrange a UN activity...I got to be France, which was kind of funny...it was on AIDS, and I consequently tried to form a resolution that would be against AIDS but not oblige France to do anything...people started to get annoyed when I did like my 3rd amendment taking all substance out of the resolution...I eventually switched sides to look good, based on the idea that there was a loophole in the final draft...I had Japan and South Africa with me only...
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #482 on: March 21, 2004, 05:04:09 PM »

LOL, my friend managed to change a resolution Canada tried to pass about everyone having to buy timber from Canada so that it included sand from Saudi Arabia and Rain from UK lol.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #483 on: March 21, 2004, 05:05:35 PM »

LOL, my friend managed to change a resolution Canada tried to pass about everyone having to buy timber from Canada so that it included sand from Saudi Arabia and Rain from UK lol.

LOL! That's awesome! Kind of what me and Japan tried, but it didn't work... Sad
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #484 on: March 21, 2004, 05:06:51 PM »

ouch man, that kinda sucks, maybe you should switch parties Wink or become more famous by being one of the few NOT from the SAP. Your slogan could be "The SAP is for saps."

If my native language was English that would be a good slogan. Wink

I don't really have a party, I'd be conservative if they weren't such EU-fanatics...the Swedish right is the only political bloc in the world to surrender all their principles and STILL NOT WINNING! Sad
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #485 on: March 21, 2004, 05:08:16 PM »

If my native language was English that would be a good slogan. Wink

I don't really have a party, I'd be conservative if they weren't such EU-fanatics...the Swedish right is the only political bloc in the world to surrender all their principles and STILL NOT WINNING! Sad

LOL
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #486 on: March 21, 2004, 05:16:05 PM »

heh, by the way, you didn't answer my question before soulty, just tell me if you don't wish to answer it because it is a bit personal.

Do you find it harder to communicate easily with the average person because it has been theorised that people with very high iqs find it difficult to communicate with the average person. Being a debater with a rather high iq (around 135ish I think) I can say that I occassionally have trouble communicating with others and for the first 4 years at my school was incredibly shy, not so any more, gained confidence Cheesy.

Sorry, I didn't mean to not answer your question, I just missed in all the hubub over CT.

I'm kinda a unique case, because I was never treated as a high IQ person because of my learning disability, I was considered to be rather average in school until I reached High School.  But I have had some trouble in the past relating to my peers.  I have many friends who are MUCH older than me.  So I guess you could say that it has caused me some angst in dealing with people.  i think that I have managed to over come that though.  I don't want anyone ot misunderstand what I say as something similar to what CT was saying, but the fact is that average people really aren't any less intellegent than high IQ people, I have found, they just aren't operating on the same level.  When I talk i have learned that rather than going straight to the point and then explaining myself later, I build-up to a point.  Give people the info first so that they understand my conclusions, that way I don't loose people when I discussing a detailed point.

At anyother thing, I really don't have much trouble.  I've just learned that it really doesn't make any difference.  As I said earlier, people are born with different talents and there are certain things that I can't do inspite of myself.  So i don't have the kind of attitude that some people have that I'm great and it is the job of people like me to make sure all of the idiots don't kill themselves.  That's just the way I am.

Anyway I'm rambling.  

Again, I'm not trying to put myself in an ivory tower or anything, this is just the way it is.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #487 on: March 21, 2004, 05:19:55 PM »

Sorry, I didn't mean to not answer your question, I just missed in all the hubub over CT.

I'm kinda a unique case, because I was never treated as a high IQ person because of my learning disability, I was considered to be rather average in school until I reached High School.  But I have had some trouble in the past relating to my peers.  I have many friends who are MUCH older than me.  So I guess you could say that it has caused me some angst in dealing with people.  i think that I have managed to over come that though.  I don't want anyone ot misunderstand what I say as something similar to what CT was saying, but the fact is that average people really aren't any less intellegent than high IQ people, I have found, they just aren't operating on the same level.  When I talk i have learned that rather than going straight to the point and then explaining myself later, I build-up to a point.  Give people the info first so that they understand my conclusions, that way I don't loose people when I discussing a detailed point.

At anyother thing, I really don't have much trouble.  I've just learned that it really doesn't make any difference.  As I said earlier, people are born with different talents and there are certain things that I can't do inspite of myself.  So i don't have the kind of attitude that some people have that I'm great and it is the job of people like me to make sure all of the idiots don't kill themselves.  That's just the way I am.

Anyway I'm rambling.  

Again, I'm not trying to put myself in an ivory tower or anything, this is just the way it is.

I tend to find that those who need to look down on other, such as CT usually are intellegent people who never adjusted to dealing with people in society.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #488 on: March 21, 2004, 05:20:41 PM »

Anyway I'm rambling.  

I understand what you mean, I personally feel rather detached from others at times, it is kind of weird, as though I am viewing things from outside of them rather than inside them.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #489 on: March 21, 2004, 05:22:46 PM »

Anyway I'm rambling.  

Well, Mr. 142, or whatever it was, I have no problem understanding you. Smiley

A lot of REALLY high IQ people have those kind of problems...I am not sure what my IQ is exactly, but I'm not sure on whether I want it to be super-high...nicely above average, but not on CRAAAZY levels. Wink
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #490 on: March 21, 2004, 05:24:09 PM »

The thing is gustaf, this is on an internet forum, what we are talking about is communicating with people verbally, I know I find it very easy to communicate online.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #491 on: March 21, 2004, 05:24:25 PM »

Anyway I'm rambling.  

I understand what you mean, I personally feel rather detached from others at times, it is kind of weird, as though I am viewing things from outside of them rather than inside them.

Exactly.  I used to feel exactly that way.  I feel less so now.  Like I said, you eventually adjust and start to learn people skills, but you still feel some distance, like you just don't belong.  Most people adjust eventually.  Those who don't end up looking down on everyone, because they need an excuse for why things are the way they are and rather than looking at it objectivly, they just blame others and begin to see others as 'inferior'.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #492 on: March 21, 2004, 05:27:33 PM »

Anyway I'm rambling.  

Yeah, I recognize that as well. Sad
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #493 on: March 21, 2004, 05:28:18 PM »

lets face it, us genii just aren't meant to communicate with others, just sit around watching star wars movies, eh gustaf? Wink
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #494 on: March 21, 2004, 05:29:21 PM »

lets face it, us genii just aren't meant to communicate with others, just sit around watching star wars movies, eh gustaf? Wink

LOL That seems totally contradictory to my last post, but okay.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #495 on: March 21, 2004, 05:30:09 PM »

Lol...I am beginning to feel that I'm getting a VERY UNWARRANTED reputation as a StarWars-fan...I watched the StarWars episodes ONE time each and didn't think they were all THAT great...I'm just weird, that's all. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #496 on: March 21, 2004, 05:31:29 PM »

Anyway I'm rambling.  

Exactly.  I used to feel exactly that way.  I feel less so now.  Like I said, you eventually adjust and start to learn people skills, but you still feel some distance, like you just don't belong.  Most people adjust eventually.  Those who don't end up looking down on everyone, because they need an excuse for why things are the way they are and rather than looking at it objectivly, they just blame others and begin to see others as 'inferior'.

I sometimes wonder whether I have an inferiority complex or a superiority complex...I think I have either, but I can't amke my mind up on which...or maybe I'm just weird...

JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #497 on: March 21, 2004, 05:32:22 PM »

I know, it was irony mon ami Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #498 on: March 21, 2004, 05:35:03 PM »

See? Communication problems OR WHAT?Huh Cheesy
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #499 on: March 21, 2004, 05:37:08 PM »

See? Communication problems OR WHAT?Huh Cheesy

LOL
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies