Abortion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:06:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Abortion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28
Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 60124 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: March 24, 2004, 02:44:29 PM »

Scottish Politics used to be 50/50 split left and right up until the 60's believe it or not, when the Scottish Unionist Party (The Conservatives) were partially independent from London. Now the Conservatives are stuck on 15% and Labour in the high 40's after the whole Poll Tax thing! Anyways, i'll stop now! Keep my focus American Wink
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #576 on: March 24, 2004, 02:45:36 PM »

ah, scottish politics is even more left than UK politics in general, only 1 tory MP for scotland, I forget his name at the moment though. I am a Londoner although my grandparents currently reside in Edinburgh.

In Geordieland we think that Scotland is right wing Tongue
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #577 on: March 24, 2004, 02:47:41 PM »

Yah, but we have Tommy Sheridan! Spit..I hate that man with a passion. I'm a middle of the road man. In fact I gave the Tories my 2nd vote back in May because the Scottish Parliament is a wee bit too left-leaning for my liking with all those Nationalists and Greens kicking about Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #578 on: March 24, 2004, 02:57:36 PM »

Yah, but we have Tommy Sheridan! Spit..I hate that man with a passion. I'm a middle of the road man. In fact I gave the Tories my 2nd vote back in May because the Scottish Parliament is a wee bit too left-leaning for my liking with all those Nationalists and Greens kicking about Smiley

We have Hillary Armstrong
They have Jack Cunningham
You have Tommy Sheridan

heh, heh, heh...

I hate Sheriden as well... I had a rant about him on another thread...
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #579 on: March 24, 2004, 03:01:41 PM »

I had a personal meeting/argument with him once. I called him a 'fraud' who exploits the disadvantaged for political gain. I was heckeled by his 'put in place' supporters who he ferries with to every public event...urgh...bitter to even talk about.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #580 on: March 24, 2004, 03:04:31 PM »

He's a Class A hypocrite...
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #581 on: March 24, 2004, 07:38:07 PM »

CTguy- I'm against the death penalty. It should be rare if not nonexistent.

Supersoulty- abortion should be regarded as murder. It's interesting becuase cases like Lacy Peterson, Scott Peterson is being charged with TWO murders, but only because the unborn child was wanted. If it was unwanted, Scott wouldn't be charged with two murders, but one. Of course abortion should be regarded as murder, that's what it is. Though I do not believe the woman should be punished the most (the doctor should), the woman should definately be prosecuted.

Also, this country already respects life, with 70% of Americans being pro-life in 95% of the cases abortion is done in (in other words, except for rape, incest, or threat to the mother's life).

If 70% of Americans were pro-life they would have tried banning it in the house with more success by now...  except in those instances...  I don't believe for a second 70% of Americans want that...

But lets speak hypothetically if they did....

since you say you are opposed to the death penalty and want abortion to be illegal...

What would you put the punishment at for killing a fetus...  20 years?  30 years?  

Actually, something like 85% of Americans are pro-life at verying degrees, 49% claim to be totally anti-abortion (except in cases of RILM).  Anyway, you keep using the legal idea to justify abortion, but you move against leagallity in discussions of gay marriage.  SO stop trying to hide behind the law.
CTguy

« Reply #582 on: March 24, 2004, 07:41:56 PM »

I'm not trying to hide behind the law...  If it is a question of morality I do not find abortion immoral at all... I'll just say that outright...  I have no problem whatsoever with abortions...  there you go...

But I want to know what you think is a reasonable sentence if abortion ever does become illegal, which I doubt it will...

If 49% are against it except for rape incest and life of the mother as you say...

then that means 51% are for it for more than just that at least.  So a majority are very strongly for abortion rights.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #583 on: March 24, 2004, 09:00:44 PM »

I'm not trying to hide behind the law...  If it is a question of morality I do not find abortion immoral at all... I'll just say that outright...  I have no problem whatsoever with abortions...  there you go...

But I want to know what you think is a reasonable sentence if abortion ever does become illegal, which I doubt it will...

If 49% are against it except for rape incest and life of the mother as you say...

then that means 51% are for it for more than just that at least.  So a majority are very strongly for abortion rights.

My point is that 10 years ago, only 39% were against abortion other than in those circumstances.  I thought you would get that being the genius that you are.
CTguy

« Reply #584 on: March 24, 2004, 09:20:42 PM »

Who cares about marginal shifts...  the fact is that not even a majority would ban it in less than all circumstances...

Plus life of the mother could mean a headache...

Abortion will never be banned...  Another 1.7 were aborted while this message was typed.  
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #585 on: March 24, 2004, 09:23:41 PM »

Who cares about marginal shifts...  the fact is that not even a majority would ban it in less than all circumstances...

Abortion will never be banned...  Another 1.7 were aborted while this message was typed.  

Don't you ever get tired of hearing the obsenity that comes out of your own mouth?

It's not a marginal shift.  It's 10%!  And it shows a treand away from abortion.  Didn't they teach you about treands in that business school where you supposedly went to get your masters?
CTguy

« Reply #586 on: March 24, 2004, 09:27:12 PM »

Don't you ever get tired of hearing the obsenity that comes out of your own mouth?

It's not a marginal shift.  It's 10%!  And it shows a treand away from abortion.  Didn't they teach you about treands in that business school where you supposedly went to get your masters?

You know what they say about assuming, it makes an ASS out of U and ME...  Economics is technically not a business major...  it is a social science...  

Don't you ever get tired of being so unenlightened?  I expect another personal attack in response...  however you should probably read more... it would do you good.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #587 on: March 24, 2004, 09:37:56 PM »

I have an honest question for you:  when was the last time you did something wrong?

Can you answer?

It seems to me as though you can do no wrong.

Clearly, calling people "idiots" and "morons" isn't a personal attack in your mind, but when I point out the fact that you are an arrogant bastard, you freak out about personal attacks.  Clearly, you have some sort of rampid inferiority complex because you can't seem to make a single post without mentioning how great you are and how stupid and worthless everyone else is.

I believe in the end, it all comes down to the fact that I have the satisfation of knowing that people like you don't make it very far in life, so with that I'll leave you alone to ponder how you are so wonderful and how there must be something wrong with the rest of us for not having achieved your level of perfection.
CTguy

« Reply #588 on: March 24, 2004, 10:29:35 PM »

I have an honest question for you:  when was the last time you did something wrong?

Can you answer?

Clearly, calling people "idiots" and "morons" isn't a personal attack in your mind, but when I point out the fact that you are an arrogant bastard, you freak out about personal attacks.  Clearly, you have some sort of rampid inferiority complex because you can't seem to make a single post without mentioning how great you are and how stupid and worthless everyone else is.

I believe in the end, it all comes down to the fact that I have the satisfation of knowing that people like you don't make it very far in life, so with that I'll leave you alone to ponder how you are so wonderful and how there must be something wrong with the rest of us for not having achieved your level of perfection.

Funny how you insert attacks in your self-victimization speech.  I have admitted when I was wrong in the past...

But many things in your post are wrong...  And by the way...  I've already gotten far in life...  If I said what company I worked for I doubt anyone on this message board would not have heard of them, even you.  I would consider making over 50K a year first year out of college far in life.  It's funny how you point out what a perceived failure I am yet if I were to respond, wait no I'm not, I have a degree from Yale... it would be, oh you're such an elitist...  You really are full of sh*t super... I hope you're not this illogical because I'd really feel sorry for you if you were.
MarkDel

« Reply #589 on: March 24, 2004, 10:43:51 PM »

Can you answer?

Supersoulty,

You seem like such a nice guy that I hate to be the one who tells you this..but you're wrong about people like CTGuy. The truth is that SCUMBAGS like him actually do better in life than decent human beings....much better. While many wonderful people are successful in life, it's a sad, sad fact that pieces of human garbage like CTGuy, with their elitist attitude and cutthroat arrogance, tend to fare quite well in the business world. I've seen it over and over again. So I would assume that CTGuy, despite his big mouth, will fare quite well financially...that's assuming that he doesn't run into the wrong sort at some point in his life...the sort who counter his piss poor attitude with a proper dose of 9MM to the forehead.
CTguy

« Reply #590 on: March 24, 2004, 10:51:00 PM »

Can you answer?

Supersoulty,

You seem like such a nice guy that I hate to be the one who tells you this..but you're wrong about people like CTGuy. The truth is that SCUMBAGS like him actually do better in life than decent human beings....much better. While many wonderful people are successful in life, it's a sad, sad fact that pieces of human garbage like CTGuy, with their elitist attitude and cutthroat arrogance, tend to fare quite well in the business world. I've seen it over and over again. So I would assume that CTGuy, despite his big mouth, will fare quite well financially...that's assuming that he doesn't run into the wrong sort at some point in his life...the sort who counter his piss poor attitude with a proper dose of 9MM to the forehead.

Ahaha, of course I do better in life... because I am simply a better person...  So while you can only come online and pretend you went to Princeton I can email my resume to employers from my yale email account.  

And now your rants are bordering on psychotic... "proper dose of 9MM to the forehead."  Are you still pretending to have a Princeton bachelor's degree or are you back to being the worthless pissant nobody that it's clear you truly are?
MarkDel

« Reply #591 on: March 24, 2004, 11:01:43 PM »

CTGuy,

I'm the phony??? You were the p*ssy who wouldn't agree to meet me in New York City, you with your diploma, and me with mine.
CTguy

« Reply #592 on: March 24, 2004, 11:05:02 PM »

CTGuy,

I'm the phony??? You were the p*ssy who wouldn't agree to meet me in New York City, you with your diploma, and me with mine.

Because I'm smart enough to know sun exposure to a diploma can easily ruin it.  Whereas an easier way to settle it would be through email.  However you deny having one and upon thinking about it further since you are psychotic and my full name is listed on my email that would be a bad idea...  
MarkDel

« Reply #593 on: March 24, 2004, 11:07:14 PM »

Sun exposure??? You're just a p*ssy. Worse yet, you're a p*ssy who has been caught in wild inconsistencies concerning your academic and business records.
CTguy

« Reply #594 on: March 24, 2004, 11:13:56 PM »

Sun exposure??? You're just a p*ssy. Worse yet, you're a p*ssy who has been caught in wild inconsistencies concerning your academic and business records.

Oh please and they are?  The only inconsistency here is you're being an idiot and claiming to have a degree from Princeton...  And what law school did you claim to attend?  
MarkDel

« Reply #595 on: March 24, 2004, 11:25:17 PM »

Widener University for Law School, but you are forgetting the Masters Degree from Syracuse.
CTguy

« Reply #596 on: March 24, 2004, 11:26:28 PM »

I hear they are ranked #1 for basket-weaving.
CTguy

« Reply #597 on: March 24, 2004, 11:27:40 PM »

Widener University for Law School, but you are forgetting the Masters Degree from Syracuse.

Explain to me how you go from a grade inflated Ivy to there...  Any Princeton Grad that didn't take the LSAT with magic markers would get in practically anywhere.
MarkDel

« Reply #598 on: March 24, 2004, 11:28:19 PM »

No, that's #2 in Basket Weaving. I enjoyed it soooo much more than the four years of dealing with pompous Ivy League pr*cks like you.
CTguy

« Reply #599 on: March 24, 2004, 11:29:57 PM »

Oh yet you come back for more...  But how could you deal with pompous pr*cks like me at a bottom ivy anyways?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies