John Bell Edwards vs Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:42:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  John Bell Edwards vs Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: John Bell Edwards vs Donald Trump  (Read 3863 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2017, 04:53:11 PM »

A pro-life, white, Southern male isn't going to win the Democratic presidential nomination in this day and age. The base, Hollywood, Planned Parenthood, etc. wouldn't allow it.

They wouldn't even let a pro-life governor speak at the DNC that nominated Bill Clinton in 1992.

You mean Zell the DINO Miller?

Unlike Miller, JBE is actually a Democrat, despite the fact that he's pro-life. Bob Casey is also pro-life and he was not excluded from the DNC. Keep also in mind that Tim Kaine personally is also pro-life, too.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2017, 05:30:12 PM »

JBE is not winning Louisiana. Don't be delusional.
He has a +29 approval rating.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2017, 05:33:37 PM »

Big difference between winning it in a governor's race and winning it in a presidential race
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2017, 05:49:22 PM »

Big difference between winning it in a governor's race and winning it in a presidential race

If he managed to get through the Democratic primary without changing any of his views, he'd probably win Louisiana vs. an unpopular Trump.
Jalawest2

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2017, 08:45:43 PM »

Probably Bel Edward's optimistic case scenario:
Bel Edwards/Harris: 58.1%
Trump/Pence: 40.0%
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2017, 08:48:37 PM »

A pro-life, white, Southern male isn't going to win the Democratic presidential nomination in this day and age. The base, Hollywood, Planned Parenthood, etc. wouldn't allow it.

They wouldn't even let a pro-life governor speak at the DNC that nominated Bill Clinton in 1992.

I was talking about former Pennsylvania Governor Bob Casey, Sr.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 08:50:28 PM »

Why are Mississippi whites abandoning Trump? I don't see Bel Edwards exactly firing up the black base in the Delta.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2017, 01:42:25 PM »

I really don't understand this forum's fascination with John Bell Edwards.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2017, 04:15:00 PM »

Y'all are really underestimating JBE's popularity in Louisiana. Many '16 Trump voters were also '15 JBE voters and continue to respect and support the governor to this day, while a lot of them have seen their support for the President wane. In the hypothetical and unlikely universe that Edwards wins the Democratic nomination, Louisiana would be a tilt Democrat state.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2017, 04:24:39 PM »

Unlike Miller, JBE is actually a Democrat, despite the fact that he's pro-life. Bob Casey is also pro-life and he was not excluded from the DNC. Keep also in mind that Tim Kaine personally is also pro-life, too.

Zel Miller is actually a Democrat, too ... he was literally in an ad for this forum's one-time darling, Michelle Nunn.
Jalawest2

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2017, 04:25:28 PM »

Why are Mississippi whites abandoning Trump? I don't see Bel Edwards exactly firing up the black base in the Delta.
Mississippi whites are still voting about 70% Trump, but that is enough to tip it.
Rjjr77
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2017, 05:49:47 PM »

Y'all are really underestimating JBE's popularity in Louisiana. Many '16 Trump voters were also '15 JBE voters and continue to respect and support the governor to this day, while a lot of them have seen their support for the President wane. In the hypothetical and unlikely universe that Edwards wins the Democratic nomination, Louisiana would be a tilt Democrat state.

I don't think I'm underestimating it in anyway. Its fools gold mostly. Louisiana voters when polled disagree on much of Bel Edwards' policy ideas, they like how he handled the BR Flood crisis and they like that hes not Jindal. I dont think that shine lasts.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2017, 07:47:59 PM »

Governor John Bel Edwards (D-LA)/Senator Doug Jones (D-AL) - 292 EV, 50.2%
President Donald J. Trump (R-NY)/Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN) - 246 EV, 46.5%
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2017, 10:43:13 PM »

I don't think I'm underestimating it in anyway. Its fools gold mostly. Louisiana voters when polled disagree on much of Bel Edwards' policy ideas, they like how he handled the BR Flood crisis and they like that hes not Jindal. I dont think that shine lasts.
Sure there are some things that Louisianans may take issue with on the Governor's platform, but that doesn't negate the fact that he still enjoys a decently high approval rating. And we need to do away with this idea that JBE was elected or remains to be popular because "he isn't Jindal". Jindal was a tertiary though during the 2015 campaign, and is hardly if ever on folks minds these days. JBE has been a successful governor and is popular with Louisianan voters on his own merits.
Rjjr77
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2017, 12:12:21 PM »

Sure there are some things that Louisianans may take issue with on the Governor's platform, but that doesn't negate the fact that he still enjoys a decently high approval rating. And we need to do away with this idea that JBE was elected or remains to be popular because "he isn't Jindal". Jindal was a tertiary though during the 2015 campaign, and is hardly if ever on folks minds these days. JBE has been a successful governor and is popular with Louisianan voters on his own merits.

Thats just not true, Jindal remains on peoples minds, as does the baton rouge flood.  JBE proposed two very unpopular large tax increases, things the voters vehemently dislike. The fact is JBE has yet to actually DO anything the voters like policy wise, they like that he handled the flood well and that he isn't Jindal. This just isnt going to last, not with the Fiscal doom hanging over his head and JBEs only answer is increase taxes.

Ill make a bet today that JBE loses re-election.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2017, 12:22:02 PM »

"Personally pro-life" means absolutely nothing. If he supports pro-choice policies, he is pro-choice in every way that matters. All that "personally pro-life" means I guess is that he wouldn't have an abortion or want someone in his family to do so. But he doesn't seek to deny that right to others, leaving them with a choice...so he's pro-choice. It's a silly distinction.

I really don't understand this forum's fascination with John Bell Edwards.

Seriously. Some people can just be a Governor or a Senator or a whatever without being discussed as a potential candidate for President/Vice President.

Putting that aside, I do wonder if Bel Edwards were to somehow end up on one of the tickets, whether his low name recognition would cause some people who don't pay attention to politics to confuse him with the scandal-plagued former Senator John Edwards of North Carolina.
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2017, 02:54:52 PM »

338: John Bel Edwards/Stacey Abrams - 49.2%
200: Donald Trump/Kelly Ayotte - 40.8%
John Monds/Robert Sarvis - 8.8%
Others - 1.2%
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: